Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was researching different ways of making gift bags out of the paper and found a consistent trend... one of the easiest ways of making it is to "wrap" a box! LOL

Take a box (for a 12x12 piece of paper the diameter all the way around the box should be 11.5" or less) and put it near the bottom end of the paper with enough "edge" showing to fold up a little over half way (just like if you were wrapping it as a gift). Wrap the paper around the box (make it slightly loose so you can get the box out easily) and secure the edges and then "wrap" the bottom. Slide the box out the tox and proceed to decorate! You can make the edges "squared" by folding them down on the edges of each side of the box or leave it rounded by not doing so.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #82  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
Thank you, thank you. Can't wait to try making them!
Your welcome. Let's us know how they come out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #83  
Insane Embellisher

Love all these ideas. I do lots of OSWs. I'm going to my sister's house and I am sure we will need to mass produce a bunch.
Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #84  
Kookie Creator

I love dsp too and have far more than I care to admit! I had this exact same problem some time ago so here are a few solutions I came up with!

"A Visit from St.Nick" Basic Grey Figgy Pudding & Wassail Chr by leelulumpkin at Splitcoaststampers
Basic Grey Wassail & Figgy Pudding "Jingle Bells" Christmas C by leelulumpkin at Splitcoaststampers
Basic Grey Figgy by leelulumpkin at Splitcoaststampers
"Miss Elle" Renae's House Cherry Thank you card CAS by leelulumpkin at Splitcoaststampers

Hope they might give you a couple of ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #85  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 515 Likes on 359 Posts

As I stand in front of all you ladies I confess.. I too am a hoarder of all that pretty paper! LOL
If I don't cut it up the same day I buy into a OSW it never gets cut. Its so hard!!!

off to do some gallery gazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #86  
GMC
Kookie Creator

I, too, am a paper hoarder. DSP's, cardstock, you name it. I recently bought the Martha Stewart version of the paper scoring tool and it comes wth a really nice envelope maker. I have started to make my own evnies out of DSP!!! They look really cool and I am sure they are fun to see in a mailbox!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default method to my madness?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCView Post
I, too, am a paper hoarder. DSP's, cardstock, you name it. I recently bought the Martha Stewart version of the paper scoring tool and it comes wth a really nice envelope maker. I have started to make my own evnies out of DSP!!! They look really cool and I am sure they are fun to see in a mailbox!
My first DP was from one of those Tina Louise scrapbook kits and I hate most of it, so that's what I do with mine. I just buy the A2 ones, but the other sizes like 5x7 or 6x6, I make from it. I also have a couple of stacks that I use if the Tina Louise paper just doesn't suit the card. As a hoarder, I still find it hard to do though.

I always have trouble cutting up my CTMH B&T paper for cards. My latest solution was to buy lots while B&T and stickers were on sale this summer for less than half price. In theory, I have lots of it to use just for cardmaking. :rolleyes: I know, I know... the idea is to buy less and use what you have, but maybe now that I have lots, I won't be so afraid to use it?:confused: That my story and I'm sticking to it!

Last edited by dogzruleca; 10-03-2010 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #88  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Every Friday on my blog, I post a "Use It UP! Friday" entry. I use a lot of DSP and other things in an effort to use what I have on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes