Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   NY * Central New York Stamps 5/19/12 - CLOSED (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/ny-%2A-central-new-york-stamps-5-19-12-closed-551484/)

BearCollector 05-07-2012 04:03 PM

You can vent here. We will understand!! Good luck with all your "jobs". I don't know how you do it!!

snowcountry311 05-07-2012 04:03 PM

not complaining-venting. and everyone needs to do so!!!!!!!

arlenevita 05-08-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 19412848)
OMG yes!!! Since last Tuesday. There's some problem everyday. Phone calls to doctors, therapists, insurance, medicare, hair appts. etc. I know I shouldn't complain...

Bummer! They seriously need to look at the other living options in your area no matter how painful that is for everyone. Getting older can really suck!!! Vent away...

kmk24 05-08-2012 09:08 AM

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Yes, I have finally stopped coughing - I think 4 weeks was a bit much! I can blame it on allergies for lasting so long!

lindylou1220 05-08-2012 09:27 AM

Glad you're rid of your cough, Karen. Even happier not to have been the recipient of whatever it was that you had!

diane617 05-08-2012 03:43 PM

To my traveling buddies: YES they had RED!!!! They are on their way to me.

Nancy what was the name of the company where you got the dies???

snowcountry311 05-08-2012 03:57 PM

poppy stamps,i think

Judy K 05-08-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane617 (Post 19415428)
To my traveling buddies: YES they had RED!!!! They are on their way to me.

GREAT!! Will we see them on the 19th?

diane617 05-08-2012 05:19 PM

thanks Gala and maybe Judy!

scraphead 05-08-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 19412848)
OMG yes!!! Since last Tuesday. There's some problem everyday. Phone calls to doctors, therapists, insurance, medicare, hair appts. etc. I know I shouldn't complain...

did not know they were due yet, how's it going?

njbaker 05-08-2012 06:04 PM

TOD - RED what??

Parents had to come north after dad's stroke. He can no longer drive and mom hasn't driven in 2 years now. So this is early. Still not sure of what will happen at the end of summer. It's a new and interesting day, everyday.

diane617 05-09-2012 03:42 PM

time will tell

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 19415780)
TOD - RED what??

We'll see...........maybe next week!

arlenevita 05-10-2012 04:15 AM

Stamped before work yesterday and did some gluing while watching TV last night for the RW&B swap. Slowly but surely!

Happy Birthday to my honey!

lindylou1220 05-10-2012 04:45 AM

Good morning!!! I hope everyone is working hard...or relaxing as I know is the case for some of you who are already done. I'm hearing that there are some GREAT projects. We're just 10 days away...

Thought I would check to see who might be interested in dinner at Williams after the event so that I can call and give them a heads up. Please let me know as soon as you can if you think you'll join us.

lindylou1220 05-10-2012 04:45 AM

Happy b'day to your DH, Arlene. Does he get the day off to celebrate?

diane617 05-10-2012 08:03 AM

Here's a question.....since the present catalog is done at the end of the month, are people using a set that is NOT retiring, if not something from the new catty? I know I will be doing something from the new stuff, just hope others thought of that. Lovely as a Tree will still be current!

lindylou1220 05-10-2012 09:14 AM

Well, if you are talking the DQ swap, I hope everyone has picked stamps and accessories that will be continuing, even if not new.

However, if you're talking about shoebox projects or other swaps, remember that those don't have to be Stampin' Up! but can be whatever anyone chooses.

diane617 05-10-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 19419815)
Well, if you are talking the DQ swap, I hope everyone has picked stamps and accessories that will be continuing, even if not new.

However, if you're talking about shoebox projects or other swaps, remember that those don't have to be Stampin' Up! but can be whatever anyone chooses.

oh sorry, I did mean DQ only! I like to play with other companies on shoeboxes.

arlenevita 05-10-2012 01:09 PM

Nancy, is this the embossing folder you were looking for???

Hello Friend Set - RETIRING [656258 SZ RT] - $9.89 : Crop Stop!, Your one-stop cropping solution

arlenevita 05-10-2012 01:11 PM

Or here:

Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 4PK - Hello Friend Set | Sizzix.com

arlenevita 05-10-2012 01:29 PM

Or here:

Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 4PK - Hello Friend Set | Sizzix.com

One for me, too, please, of course!

njbaker 05-10-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 19420381)

Yuuuup. That looks the one.

arlenevita 05-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 19419123)
Happy b'day to your DH, Arlene. Does he get the day off to celebrate?

A day off??? HA! This was one of the craziest days so far in our busy season! A bunch of people all came in between 4-5 p.m. and several of them wanted something NOW! I did take him to lunch at The Grapevine in New Hartford. Of course, we laughed when I said I'd pay since both of our money comes from the same place! At least he did admit that I work hard!!! :D Some days his comments don't reflex that at all and that just POs me big time. So FINALLY he said it...without any prodding from me! After we got home he actually had to go back to work because a customer called our home phone to say that he forgot his keys that were attached to a memory stick he left in our computer. When DH got back we went to Nicky Doodles for ice cream since I forgot all about making his usual angelfood cake. At least he got a dam beaver card (his nickname is Beaver. Somehow "Beaver" came out of his first sister not being able to say "Steve" when she was little.) and super soft pima cotton LL Bean t-shirts and a polo!

I'm sooo close to being finished with the RW&B swap! Most need a button added tomorrow and I'll pack up those puppies! I want to make ATC Club swaps next and then I'll have to think up something for the shoebox and other swaps. I have ideas for Hannibal but not Syracuse. I'll have to play with my new stamps from the Buffalo trip.

hlw966 05-11-2012 03:10 AM

For those doing the RW&B swap, we have a timely challenge on the Friday Mashup this week. If you post your card in the gallery or a blog, you can share it on the challenge too.

scraphead 05-11-2012 04:36 AM

good morning from Savannah, a strorm a couple of nights ago has cooled it down some, its still in the 80s, but clear and very nice.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon, I have card front/atc and red white and blue all done, working next on recipe swap
Have a great weekend everyone.

amyclaire 05-11-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 19409466)
Do tell about the Bermuda cruise, Amy! Did you go snorkeling? I'm always looking for good snorkeling spots.

Nothing done with my swaps but I did make a birthday card and put together a set of cards from recent shoeboxes to give to my SIL plus I made a congrats card for our nephew and wrapped up Boy Scout scrapbook paper and stickers that I found on sale and have been saving for a year to give to him. He moved up from Cubs to Boy Scouts last month. That's been on my mind for weeks so it's good to have those packages ready to ship out tomorrow. Laundry's almost done, too. DH just finished the first lawn mowing of the year. Last night I put out the hummingbird feeder so I'm waiting for my first sighting.

No snorkeling this trip, it is too early in the season and cooler in Bermuda, absolutely beautiful water, coral reefs and a couple of "wrecks" out there to see, the sun was wonderful that day but water still too cool for me!

arlenevita 05-11-2012 08:23 AM

NEED TO VENT!!!!

OMG! I want to throw up!!! Just got a letter from the new landlords at work and they are raising the rent by $820 per month!!!!! What the h#*%????? I guess being good tenants for 28 years for the old landlords doesn't count for something to the new people???? The next question is how can we retire NOW??? Do we REALLY want to move the business???? BARF!!!!!

No more new stamps for me!!!! And we just booked our vacation to Maine in July...

arlenevita 05-11-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyclaire (Post 19422919)
No snorkeling this trip, it is too early in the season and cooler in Bermuda, absolutely beautiful water, coral reefs and a couple of "wrecks" out there to see, the sun was wonderful that day but water still too cool for me!

Bummer!

lindylou1220 05-11-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 19423329)
NEED TO VENT!!!!

OMG! I want to throw up!!! Just got a letter from the new landlords at work and they are raising the rent by $820 per month!!!!! What the h#*%????? I guess being good tenants for 28 years for the old landlords doesn't count for something to the new people???? The next question is how can we retire NOW??? Do we REALLY want to move the business???? BARF!!!!!

No more new stamps for me!!!! And we just booked our vacation to Maine in July...

Oh my, Arlene. That bites! Could you talk withe new owner about making the increase less -- or are they looking for new tenants?

snowcountry311 05-11-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 19423329)
NEED TO VENT!!!!

might be just the sign you need~RETIRE!

diane617 05-11-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 19423927)
might be just the sign you need~RETIRE!

what she said!

arlenevita 05-11-2012 08:43 PM

I soooo wish we could retire! We might be OK retired for about 10 years but then there is the cost of health insurance. While walking after work today DH said one of us has to work so we can have health insurance. I think he's hoping it will be me since I'm younger and I have already taken two years off after I resigned from two diffrent jobs (a year off after each job and he was really angry with me for a loooonnnngggg time when I resigned without having another job. But I couldn't take the super negative environment any longer.). Plus he's worked very hard/long hours for 35 years. Naturally I'm hoping it will be him because I would not be a good employee after being self employed, I don't like being told what to do, and I wouldn't be very good with strict work hours. I just want to stay home and make cards all day with my friends.

I went to bed but I just laid there "sputtering" over $820 more per month so I came here to the computer. That's $10,000 more per year! I feel sick! Our business doesn't have a lot of extra money laying around. I think the new landlords might own Nice-n-Easy type places since Petroleum is part of their business name.

I'll be praying a lot over this one!

My RW&B swaps are finally done and packed. I just pulled some ribbon to take downstairs in the morning to play with an idea for my CF.

Judy K 05-12-2012 07:19 AM

Arlene, I am so sorry about the extra stress you are dealing with, and will keep you and DH in my prayers for a good outcome.

I just spent 2 1/2 hours getting the screen porch cleaned up for the season. I always dread doing it, but am also always happy when it's done and I can be out there relaxing on the glider. I got a big blister on the palm of my stamping hand in the process. We need to replace all the screens this year (really could have/should have done it last year), but that will wait until after Syracuse.

I don't have any other big jobs lined up for the day, so I may go spent some time with my stamps :-D. Enjoy the day everyone!

Judy

arlenevita 05-12-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy K (Post 19425144)
Arlene, I am so sorry about the extra stress you are dealing with, and will keep you and DH in my prayers for a good outcome.

I just spent 2 1/2 hours getting the screen porch cleaned up for the season. I always dread doing it, but am also always happy when it's done and I can be out there relaxing on the glider. I got a big blister on the palm of my stamping hand in the process. We need to replace all the screens this year (really could have/should have done it last year), but that will wait until after Syracuse.

I don't have any other big jobs lined up for the day, so I may go spent some time with my stamps :-D. Enjoy the day everyone!

Judy

Thank you so much, Judy, because we need prayers for this big decision! The thought of sorting 28+ years of stuff at work, finding another building, moving what we need, and the cost of reopening in another building just boggles my mind! AND now is when we are proofing our ads to go in the YellowBook so we need to make a decision quickly because if we're moving then the new address needs to go in the YellowBook. And the idea of retiring is really what I'd like to do but that also involves sorting 25+ years of stuff in our house plus the stuff at work, putting an employee out of work after 35 years who is about to pay toward his daughter's wedding, living on a strict budget (I don't really know what that's like these days), prepping and selling the house, moving to warmer climes, and leaving behind all my stamping buddies (FIL...not my fav person...is the only relative within 30 mins. so it's not like we'd be leaving family behind that we see often). Not an easy decision! :confused:

Sorry about your boo boo...kiss, kiss, kiss so it will be all better and you can stamp away!

I made my first ATC Club piece and was prepping everything for assembly but got sidetracked by my NVR CF idea. I have my first one done! It's colorful so it makes me happy to look at it! :D

snowcountry311 05-12-2012 04:52 PM

i'm finally working on my shoebox.

hlw966 05-13-2012 04:51 AM

Hugs and prayers, Arlene!

Gayla, you sound like you are ahead of schedule. I haven't decided on a stamp yet for the shoebox.

Judy, I'm sure you are done with your stuff... just need to heal up that hand for next weekend.

lindylou1220 05-13-2012 05:01 AM

Happy mother's day to all my mom friends of people...and animals!

arlenevita 05-13-2012 10:53 AM

Happy Mother's Day!

My RW&B and NVR CTs are finished and packed! WOO HOO! Now back to the ATC Club swap...at least I only need to make 12 or fewer of those. I have an idea for the ATC for Syracuse but nothing for my shoebox, yet.

arlenevita 05-13-2012 02:35 PM

ATC Club is done so now it's onto ATC swaps. Just needed to check the paper cutting measurements. I'm going to stick that note on the refrigerator so I don't have to keep looking it up! I think I hear a toasted cheese sandwich and applesauce caling my name before I get into making ATCs.

Have a good week, everyone!

snowcountry311 05-13-2012 02:51 PM

no i'm not ahead of schedule. right now i wish i was. this will be a very busy week. plus friday is pick up day for matthew. he has his car w/ him. but sadly it is a little 2 seater. doesn't even hold his guitars & amps. i might ride w/ allen. but it depends how ready i am by thursday. thursday night is divas @ michele's.
we just picked up,vacuumed,put away laundry. then ran to the store. we both needed an ice cream fix!
NVR are done! next i'm making my center pc w/ table #. then onto SU only. for that i have no idea!
and i hope to print out my recipes before bed