Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   MD * Maryland Anyone........?IV (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/md-%2A-maryland-anyone-iv-489231/)

MelenaPrincess 05-24-2010 05:33 AM

Once again I am renting out Mack. She was quite happy to sit and put ribbon into bags for me yesterday. Now if I could get her to wrap it onto my spools for me we would be set! She really is a good little worker. She needs the direction, if left to her own devices she starts irritating EVERYONE. It's going to be a LONG summer unless I can provide her LOTS of direction. Who needs a little organizer?

Ougot2 05-24-2010 05:48 AM

Thats where mine is. Is that wrong. lol I don't have any idea where to even store it. Hmmmmm I wonder if I can talk Jim into adding an addition on the back of the house while I am trying to get that front porch. I guess I better be reallllly good. wink! wink!

AmandaW 05-24-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ougot2 (Post 16737134)
Thats where mine is. Is that wrong. lol I don't have any idea where to even store it. Hmmmmm I wonder if I can talk Jim into adding an addition on the back of the house while I am trying to get that front porch. I guess I better be reallllly good. wink! wink!

:oops: Now that's just FUNNY!

AmandaW 05-24-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 16737074)
Once again I am renting out Mack. She was quite happy to sit and put ribbon into bags for me yesterday. Now if I could get her to wrap it onto my spools for me we would be set! She really is a good little worker. She needs the direction, if left to her own devices she starts irritating EVERYONE. It's going to be a LONG summer unless I can provide her LOTS of direction. Who needs a little organizer?

Does she do floors if so send her on over!

Kathi127 05-24-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 16736719)
You go Jane! Wow you are good! Now how about coming over and getting my family ready for vacation (if it can be called that). I'm going to miss you all and the SBS fun. It will be great to see my brothers haven't seen them in over a year.

Hope everyone has a great week. I have soooo much ribbon to put away it's not even funny. Kinda feel like just throwing it all on the floor and rollin in it like Marley is doing. She is my ribbon girl, think she likes it even more than I do.

Since it was kind of a yukky day yesterday and I sure didn't feel like doing housework, I sat and organized all the ribbon I bought Saturday but now I have no idea where I'm going to put it all!

It's funny, none of my cats tried to get into the ribbon yesterday while I was rolling it up! I've got sooo much of that turquoise dotted ribbon in that $1 bag and it was all over the floor!

Kathi127 05-24-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 16737074)

She can come stay with "Aunt Kathi" anytime! I can sure use the help!

AmandaW 05-24-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 16737705)
Since it was kind of a yukky day yesterday and I sure didn't feel like doing housework, I sat and organized all the ribbon I bought Saturday but now I have no idea where I'm going to put it all!

It's funny, none of my cats tried to get into the ribbon yesterday while I was rolling it up! I've got sooo much of that turquoise dotted ribbon in that $1 bag and it was all over the floor!

Your lucky! Marley likes to attack it when it's on my legs. Hurts like a....

harrahx2 05-24-2010 07:57 AM

I am laughing while reading this. Wish I had a picture of my hubby sitting in his recliner. I had sat there and started sorting my ribbon. It was all around the chair. He sat down to take a rest and I really wish I had a picture of him surrounded by little spools of ribbon! I honestly have way too much....love it all. Goria, I like your idea, just add a room, call it the ribbon room. My problem is, the more room I have, the more "stuff" I seem to get..........I think I may have a problem, the first step is admitting it, right? Sort of like the mac-n-cheese?

AmandaW 05-24-2010 08:15 AM

I know I have a problem! Doesn't seem to help that we have a ribbon-a-holics meetings at the Ribbon Outlet.

MelenaPrincess 05-24-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 16737644)
Does she do floors if so send her on over!

Yes, she does!!! We'll be over once a week all summer long :) I will be needing to get these kids some interaction this summer.

AmandaW 05-24-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 16738374)
Yes, she does!!! We'll be over once a week all summer long :) I will be needing to get these kids some interaction this summer.

Come on over!

jtax 05-24-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Count me in as well!

CindyL 05-24-2010 02:42 PM

Hi girls! Glad you all had a great time at the ribbon outlet and made out rather well there too. Sounds like there is a lot of sorting and rolling going on.

Mom, Kathy, and I took Theresa up to Amish Country on Saturday to hit some stamp stores and other Amish stuff. It was a fun and long day! Sara, thought of you when we ate at the fritter place.

Jane and Stacy, I was able to pick up the other cookbook you wanted too. We stopped at an Amish fabric store and they had the cookbooks there.

Stacy, I also mailed your check to you today too for the PC and Scentsy. Thanks for ordering everything for me.

CindyL 05-24-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 16733445)
You sneaky girl!8) Didn't have a clue it was you. Thanks a million. It's been a little rough around here and you really helped make my days special. You are a wonderful person.

Do you have any idea how hard it was being a DSS for someone you know?? Thankfully I had friends out of state who helped mail ya stuff. It was a lot of fun and challenging. Enjoy your goodies. I forgot one thing in your box, so I'll bring it to the swap.

CindyL 05-24-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2 (Post 16733923)
You all can eat your hearts out now...........I got my swap card done! Bagged, completed and ready to go. I am looking forward to it. Hope you all are enjoying the day, even with the rain.

Good for you...now you can work on mine for some mac & cheese........ROFL!!

CindyL 05-24-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

She could have a schedule of Amanda's on Mondays, Jeaneen's on Tuesdays, Kathi's on Wednesdays, etc. all summer long. You could get help with her college tuition by having her clean floors. LOL

harrahx2 05-24-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyL (Post 16740011)
Good for you...now you can work on mine for some mac & cheese........ROFL!!

Sure, you just say the word! I have another one already designed! Either that or you just tell me what you need me to do. Does that earn my mac-n-cheese? Oh and wonderful news on the cookbook front. Sounds like everyone went shopping this week-end but me. I stayed home and did my card so I don't have a panic attack the week of the swap! Guess I need to get busy doing some shopping. Of course, I have Cindy getting my cookbooks, Amanda getting my flowers and Sara bringing me treats so I don't need to shop!

jtax 05-24-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyL (Post 16740035)
She could have a schedule of Amanda's on Mondays, Jeaneen's on Tuesdays, Kathi's on Wednesdays, etc. all summer long. You could get help with her college tuition by having her clean floors. LOL

Sounds like a winner! I'm ready - gee tomorrow is Tuesday and it's my day! (or does she start next week?)

MelenaPrincess 05-24-2010 05:38 PM

Heck with a college fund (Gramps has that taken care of) she will be working for Mommy's Copic Fund :)

AmandaW 05-25-2010 06:21 AM

Oh you all keep me laughing. I need some sunshine these dark days make me wanna lay on the sofa and nap all day.

harrahx2 05-25-2010 06:58 AM

Morning all........Kimme, once she finishes funding your Copics, send her my way, I need some more Copics! Amanda, I so agree. I am in need of the sun. Have a good day all........do something fun! Smile at a stranger or go to Wal-mart and when folks are not looking slip strange things in their cart, like condoms.........or baby diapers!

AmandaW 05-25-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2 (Post 16743410)
Morning all........Kimme, once she finishes funding your Copics, send her my way, I need some more Copics! Amanda, I so agree. I am in need of the sun. Have a good day all........do something fun! Smile at a stranger or go to Wal-mart and when folks are not looking slip strange things in their cart, like condoms.........or baby diapers!

LOL I can see you doing this! It would kinda be fun!

Mrsjvb 05-25-2010 07:31 AM

Kimme, how is she at Weeding? it's one thing that needs doing that I am physically unable to do.... my front yard looks terrible compared to most of my neighbors, its embarrassing.

I keep thinking I want to just raze the whole thing and turn it into a nice Zen garden with crushed stone.. no plants, only rocks and maybe a water feature...

jtax 05-25-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2 (Post 16743410)

Jane, you are too funny!

harrahx2 05-25-2010 07:55 AM

Aww, come on now, you know how fun that would be? I mean, me with no memory...I would be saying: Why the He#### did I put this in here? I would be totally freaked thinking (knowing) I was losing it. Just sounds like fun. But, if that doesn't suit you, find something else fun to do!

Kathi127 05-25-2010 10:03 AM

Jane, you are hysterical! I think that would be pretty cool, let's all go to Walmart soon! 8)

MelenaPrincess 05-25-2010 11:57 AM

Well, the rainy dreary day turned out beautiful up here. We went for a play date and I am afraid that 3 red heads will need some aloe on them tonight because I didn't think about sunscreen this morning before we went. Ooops! It was rainy, who knew we were going to be outside in the sun most of the afternoon. Now mama needs a nap.

AmandaW 05-25-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 16744329)
Jane, you are hysterical! I think that would be pretty cool, let's all go to Walmart soon! 8)

I'm in!

EmGee458 05-25-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyL (Post 16739946)
Do you have any idea how hard it was being a DSS for someone you know?? Thankfully I had friends out of state who helped mail ya stuff. It was a lot of fun and challenging. Enjoy your goodies. I forgot one thing in your box, so I'll bring it to the swap.

Yes, actually I DO! I was Kathi's DSS once...it was HARD!!!!

EmGee458 05-25-2010 03:19 PM

If you have kids- give them a hug! I just found out my cousin's 24-year old son fell out of the back of a pick-up yesterday, hitting his head and was pronounced brain dead this morning. They decided to pull the plug. Things can happen so quickly...

devonsmom98 05-25-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458 (Post 16745897)
If you have kids- give them a hug! I just found out my cousin's 24-year old son fell out of the back of a pick-up yesterday, hitting his head and was pronounced brain dead this morning. They decided to pull the plug. Things can happen so quickly...

So sorry, Mary...

Kathi127 05-25-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Oh Mary, I am so sorry! You and your family are in my prayers.

jtax 05-25-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Mary, I am so very saddened to hear this news. Hugs to you!

harrahx2 05-26-2010 03:51 AM

Gasp, big gasp. Oh Mary, that is so horrible and sad and crazy and ohhh. It just hurts reading it, I can't imagine living it. I am so sorry.

heyheypaula 05-26-2010 04:21 AM

Mary, I'm so sorry about your cousin's son. I'll keep your familiy in my thoughts & prayers.

MelenaPrincess 05-26-2010 04:41 AM

MAry, so sorry to hear about your cousins son. Tragedy.

Rose0165 05-26-2010 05:12 AM

Oh Mary, that is so tragic about your cousins son. What a loss. Healing thoughts coming your way.

AmandaW 05-26-2010 05:27 AM

Oh Mary what a tragic loss. Can't imagine the pain of losing a child. Prayers and healing hugs to you and your family.

EmGee458 05-26-2010 05:46 AM

Thanks, ladies...it's gotta be hard losing a child...I just can't imagine...not sure WHAT he was doing in the back of his truck and why someone else was driving. I personally think that alcohol might have been involved...Guess they'll never know.

harrahx2 05-26-2010 06:13 AM

Mary, the circumstances will always be crazy stuff but the bottom line is the hard time ahead for your cousin and man, that has got to hurt. I know you will be there for your family and it will not be easy. Life hands out strange lessons. When the going gets tough, well, you just stand really strong in the headwind.