Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   GA Get Together-August 5 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/ga-get-together-august-5-a-146732/)

khowardga 07-12-2006 07:50 AM

Okay ladies, I've got my new stamp sets to play with so I'm busy planning my shoebox swap now!

Kim

Granny Hawkins 07-13-2006 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khowardga
Connie:

You're not going to be able to make it either??? Boo hoo ladies!

Kim

I AM COMING! I AM COMING! Don't take off my name!!!! Oh my.....give an old lady heart failure.

I meant I would have to make a trip to the mtns. to see Dawn since she wasn't coming..

khowardga 07-13-2006 04:54 AM

Whewwww!!!! I wasn't going to take your name off until you said so, no worries! I wasn't sure if that's what you meant or if you meant you were headed to the mtns. and weren't going to make it to our swap. Didn't want to read one way or another in to it.

Thanks for clarifying!

Kim

Beachbound 07-13-2006 04:56 AM

Kim, Jennie is planning on doing the shoebox swap too. Her name is on the attentending list but not the swap list. Thanks!

khowardga 07-13-2006 04:56 AM

Added her to the shoebox list (my handwritten one).

Kim

Beachbound 07-13-2006 04:58 AM

Great! Thanks! here's a link to her swap if anyone is interested:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=161500

Beachbound 07-13-2006 06:13 AM

BTW, Kim~ Do you know how many swaps we should make yet?

khowardga 07-13-2006 07:05 AM

Dody:

I left it open until next Saturday to finalize, but right now we are at 15, so I'm guessing if you were to do 20 you may have a few spares.

Kim

Beachbound 07-13-2006 08:35 AM

Perfect! I only have 23 sheets of my main cardstock left & it takes a sheet each :o so looks like I okay.

dvinson 07-13-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
I AM COMING! I AM COMING! Don't take off my name!!!! Oh my.....give an old lady heart failure.

I meant I would have to make a trip to the mtns. to see Dawn since she wasn't coming..

Granny -you come on up here in the mountains anytime you get ready!! I noticed Kim is leaving the sign up date open till the 22nd. Maybe I can work things out by then. Too many irons in the fire sometimes!!! I'll try hard to get to come!! I want to meet everybody!!!! :D
Dawn

Beachbound 07-14-2006 03:45 PM

bumping back to page 1!

kraftkris 07-14-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Okay ladies, I've got my new stamp sets to play with so I'm busy planning my shoebox swap now!

Kim

Do we have to use a new stamp set for the swap? Of course, I would like to, but don't know if I will have mine in time....

Beachbound 07-16-2006 05:17 AM

My set is not new either. Haven't placed my order yet, believe it or not!

khowardga 07-16-2006 05:20 AM

No, we don't have to use new stamp sets. This shoebox swap is for us to share ideas with one another.

K

kraftkris 07-18-2006 02:26 PM

I have a request....

if anyone that is coming to the gathering on August 5th has the "Web Wishes" stamp set, could I possibly borrow the web stamp for the day? I just re-joined SU so my stamp budget for the next two months went for my starter kit...I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

khowardga 07-19-2006 10:09 AM

Ladies;

I'm going to be posting some polls in the next few days on what we want to do for lunch and such. I want to leave the swap open until Saturday to see if anyone else wants to join.

Right now we are at 15 for the swap, I always make a few extras in case there is someone last minute that is dying to join. I can always use them for RAK's or samples if I don't use them for the shoebox swap.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and there is a new SB store that opened up off Hwy 20. I've yet to go to it, just heard about it so if you want to shop at all it's there, as well as the outlet malls and the brand new Walmart which is rumored to be the biggest in the US.

Kim

Shell 07-19-2006 03:18 PM

Ummmmm .... room for one more?? I may get to come ... if I can get it together and convince dh to take care of the kids all day for me ......

khowardga 07-19-2006 03:54 PM

Come on up Shell!!! We would love to have you here!

K

TMDMom 07-21-2006 07:19 PM

Y'all have a good time without me! You don't know how much I'll miss being there. I'm happy that Shell is trying to get another one together this fall!
Happy stamping!

Zizzie78 07-22-2006 05:46 PM

I hope i am not too late. I have a friend who wants to come to. I hope that is ok. I will PM you with my questions and all.

Thanks!

Shell 07-22-2006 05:53 PM

I thought I would get to come, but I can't. <sigh>

Hope to see you all at the Christmas gathering!

khowardga 07-23-2006 10:04 AM

Poll link

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...=1#post3039799

Link to the poll

ekip2 07-23-2006 12:27 PM

I just found you guys!

I've been a lurker and more recently a poster on here for a long time but never ventured to the nonstamping boards till today...I just found you guys. I'll have to keep checking for your next get together..I live in the newly formed city of Johns Creek (formerly unincorporated Alpharetta) and would love to expand my stampin friends to meet you guys!!
Andrea

Girlie Girl 07-24-2006 06:44 AM

Are we doing demo's? If so, I would like to demo something with the chipboard. Also, I think it is fun for people to bring fun swaps or neat things they have done lately to share.
What do ya'll think?

Girlie Girl 07-24-2006 06:45 AM

Andrea,
I PM'd you! Please come to this one. It is so much fun!

khowardga 07-24-2006 07:31 AM

Pam:

I'm all for your demo'ing chip board!!! We can announce a time right at the beginning for the demo. Anyone else have anything they want to demo?

As for swap stuff and neat stuff, I think that is a great idea to bring anything fun and new that you can share with others. Last time someone (sorry I don't remember who) brought some recent swap cards which were gorgeous.

Also, remember if you have anything you want to trade/sell, bring that as well. I have about 20 retired sets I'm trying to unload so I'll be bringing those with me.

Kim

kraftkris 07-24-2006 09:07 AM

I would love to see a chipboard demo! I have been looking at it in the catalog wondering how you use it!

Linda Seaman 07-24-2006 11:55 AM

Oh, I would love the chipboard demo also!!! Linda Seaman

Girlie Girl 07-24-2006 12:23 PM

:)

Beachbound 07-24-2006 12:50 PM

Does this mean I can *bore* y'all with the 2 scrapbooks I actually finished? I think the family is ready to run away screaming when I mention "Have you seen..."

Beachbound 07-24-2006 12:51 PM

Pam, I am so happy you're going to show us what to do with the chip board I bought! Thank! :mrgreen:

ekip2 07-24-2006 04:06 PM

Ok I'm coming!! I can't wait to meet you guys! Kim said there's room in the shoebox swap so I'm gonna have to get creative and make something up. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not a demo (are most of y'all?) and don't really have a lot of friends that stamp so it will be nice to meet y'all.

I'm excited!! Andrea

Granny Hawkins 07-25-2006 12:15 PM

Are we using current stamps only?

Linda Seaman 07-25-2006 01:00 PM

I hope not, as I don't have any new sets yet! Linda Seaman

WoodstockStamper 07-25-2006 02:11 PM

Question

Too much work lately has my brain on overload, but I was wondering if in order to participate in the shoe box swaps, you needed to bring a shoe box swap of your own to share with the others on the shoe box swap list....I noticed that the number attending was different than the number for the shoe box swap, so wondered that if I had only signed up to attend, then I would only be allowed to do the dirty santa game, have lunch, bring my samples to show, watch a demonstration, and sell some retired items....and would not get to make any cards....is that correct?

I wanted to make some cards too, so if that is the case, I will sign up for the shoe box swap and make up some sets. Can you let me know if this is correct...'cause I got get busy if it is :-)? Thanks, Maria

khowardga 07-25-2006 02:53 PM

Yes, Maria that would be correct. We are doing the shoebox swap the same as we did at your get together. Everyone who participates gets to make everyone's cards. Some are choosing to come and just stamp or scrapbook and are not participating in the shoebox swap.

As for sets, I would say current sets. They don't have to be NEW sets from the catalog. What does everyone else think? I mean, to me, a sample is a sample, irregardless of the set used.

Kim

kraftkris 07-25-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

As for sets, I would say current sets. They don't have to be NEW sets from the catalog. What does everyone else think? I mean, to me, a sample is a sample, irregardless of the set used.

Kim

I agree!

WoodstockStamper 07-25-2006 04:49 PM

EEEKK

OK, Please sign me up for the shoe box swap then if it isn't too late and I'll get busy making something for the swap....20 right?

Thanks Maria

khowardga 07-26-2006 12:05 PM

Got you down Maria.

Ladies, we have 19 signed up right now, so just have a few extra supplies in case someone messes somthing up. I think one or two extras should suffice.

Kim

Zizzie78 07-27-2006 12:55 AM

I am sorry to do this to you ladies but a family emergency is making my friend Rebecca be out of town on August 5th. And now I dont think I will be able to make it either. Really sorry about this! Please do keep me in mind if you have any future get togethers! Thanks!