Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   GA Get Together-August 5 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/ga-get-together-august-5-a-146732/)

Homemommie 06-26-2006 09:51 AM

oops I forgot to subscribe to the thread ;o)

GAMom2ChelNJustin 06-27-2006 07:26 AM

I'll be the MC for the Dirty Stamper game!!

khowardga 06-27-2006 07:44 AM

BUMP

Robin Anthony 07-02-2006 03:49 PM

Bump

GAMom2ChelNJustin 07-02-2006 04:25 PM

BUMP

khowardga 07-03-2006 03:57 AM

bump

Furph's wife 07-03-2006 05:14 AM

I just saw this is there still room? I will check with dh just because it is the last weekend before SCHOOL!!! And it is my birthday that day! The last one was a lot of fun!

khowardga 07-03-2006 05:44 AM

Yes, we still have room. Let me know ASAP as we are going to do the final count for the shoebox swap this week.

Kim

Girlie Girl 07-03-2006 05:53 AM

I can't remember one girl's name from last time but she came with her daughter from the southside. She stayed late with a few others while I waited on my sister to pick me up. She worked in the theater. I remember she talked to Beachbound alot.

Does anybody remember her name? I don't think she has replied here and I am sure she would want to know about it.

Robin Anthony 07-03-2006 05:59 AM

I think you are talking about Beth

TMDMom 07-03-2006 06:51 AM

It's me! I do want to know about it, but it's looking like I'm going to be out of town that weekend. I will let you know if that changes. Thanks for thinking of me!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Girlie Girl
I can't remember one girl's name from last time but she came with her daughter from the southside. She stayed late with a few others while I waited on my sister to pick me up. She worked in the theater. I remember she talked to Beachbound alot.

Does anybody remember her name? I don't think she has replied here and I am sure she would want to know about it.

khowardga 07-03-2006 07:50 AM

Glad you all remembered!

Girlie Girl 07-03-2006 11:08 AM

YAY Beth! I could not remember your name for the life of me. I am glad that you found this. It would be great if you came! If not then you had better try HARD to make the next one:)!

dvinson 07-03-2006 04:53 PM

Hey Kim -please add me to your list. I would also like to do the shoebox swap. I can't wait to meet everybody.
Dawn:D

J.B. 07-04-2006 11:50 AM

I'm hosting my first swap. It's a ribbon swap. If anyone wants to save on postage and bring it to the gathering that would be great.
I don't know how to put the link here.

Shell 07-05-2006 05:03 AM

Ummmm .... Kim ..... I can't come this time! I'm so sad! We have our big honors celebration for our homeschool group that day, and I have to be there.

:(

GAMom2ChelNJustin 07-05-2006 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell
Ummmm .... Kim ..... I can't come this time! I'm so sad! We have our big honors celebration for our homeschool group that day, and I have to be there.

:(

Shell - that stinks!!!! We're gonna miss you!

khowardga 07-05-2006 06:04 AM

Shell, boo hoo!!! I'm sorry you are going to miss this one, but hope you are planning another right behind me so I can come see you ;-)

Kim

Girlie Girl 07-05-2006 01:02 PM

WAAAHHH! We will miss you Shell!

Robin Anthony 07-05-2006 01:08 PM

Kim,
Please add my daughter to the shoebox swap too. She will be coming with me. Can't wait!!!

Shell 07-05-2006 03:55 PM

Wow!! Thanks guys!! I'm gonna miss you, too. I was really hoping to come. Life just gets in the way sometimes, I guess.

Kim ... I am trying to get one together. Hopefully, it will work for the first part of November or the last of October. Aiming a Christmas swap!

Girlie Girl 07-06-2006 07:35 AM

That sounds like fun Shell! Maybe i can plan one after that...maybe in the spring!

ShirleyIsStampin 07-06-2006 04:29 PM

Kim,
Can you set a guideline for the "dirty Santa" game? I had thought "dirty santa" meant to bring a gift no one would want, like a rubber chicken (not sure what the stamping equivalent of that would be...haha! Maybe a dried up blender pen???) So it seems I am on the wrong track, according to the posts here. I don't want to bring a "joke" gift if everyone else is bringing actual gifts!
Shirley

GAMom2ChelNJustin 07-06-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShirleyIsStampin
Kim,
Can you set a guideline for the "dirty Santa" game? I had thought "dirty santa" meant to bring a gift no one would want, like a rubber chicken (not sure what the stamping equivalent of that would be...haha! Maybe a dried up blender pen???) So it seems I am on the wrong track, according to the posts here. I don't want to bring a "joke" gift if everyone else is bringing actual gifts!
Shirley

Shirley,

The 'Dirty Stamper' game is FUN!!! We usually have stamping related items ($10-$15).

Each person who brings WRAPPED gift gets to draw a number.
Person with #1 picks a gift.
Person with #2 can either pick a gift OR steal from #1.

If they steal from #1, then person #1 can pick another gift (they cannot re-steal).

Once a gift has been stolen for the 2nd time, it becomes frozen - can't be stolen again.

Once we've gone through all the numbers, person #1 gets to steal or just keep what they have.

Gifts from the last time were: embellishments, handmade 'I love stamping' frame, scrapbook, etc.

If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask!
HTH

khowardga 07-06-2006 06:01 PM

Allison is quick on the draw!!! That's exactly how we have played the game the last 2 get togethers we've had.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Beachbound 07-07-2006 08:13 AM

Hey Kim, My brain might be fried from all those hours in the car driving home from Newfoundland but I need to check what I'm signed up for. I want to do the shoebox swap for a card for sure, are you doing a 6x6 swap or a regular swap????? Sorry I'm just a bit confused....maybe some sleep would help....

WoodstockStamper 07-07-2006 08:49 AM

Found Yah!

Is it too late to sign up? I would need directions from Woodstock to Cumming, GA. Or, a street address I could look up. Kim, can you email me what info. you need?

Maria
WoodstockStamper

khowardga 07-07-2006 09:07 AM

Maria:

I've got you down, do you want to do the shoebox swap as well?

I'm going to edit my original post with the facility address. I wrote directions from 400, but I think you can come up 75 to 575 and then Hwy 20 to 369. It's right off Hwy 369.

Kim

khowardga 07-07-2006 09:17 AM

Dody:

We have the shoebox swap going on, and someone expressed interest in doing a 6 x 6 swap, I don't mind keeping a list. I personally am not going to participate as I have so much 6 x 6 stuff I already don't use.

If others want to participate, please let me know, I'll be happy to add it to the list.

Kim

Granny Hawkins 07-07-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Wow!! Thanks guys!! I'm gonna miss you, too. I was really hoping to come. Life just gets in the way sometimes, I guess.

Kim ... I am trying to get one together. Hopefully, it will work for the first part of November or the last of October. Aiming a Christmas swap!

SOUNDS GREAT! Let me know if you need any help.:)

Shell 07-07-2006 12:21 PM

You bet, Connie! I know I will need some, but I'm not sure what yet. I'm aiming for one of the hotels on Thornton Road. I'm hoping they can give us a good rate on a meeting room.

WoodstockStamper 07-07-2006 12:41 PM

Thanks Kim

Yeah, I believe I can go up I-575 to Canton and cut across, is the community center at the park? What are the hours that we are doing this?
I don't think I have time to prepare a shoebox swap, but would like to participate in making cards and would like to play in the dirty Santa game.
Anyone coming from the Woodstock area that would like to ride up with me?
Maria

Stampin On My Mind 07-08-2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

You bet, Connie! I know I will need some, but I'm not sure what yet. I'm aiming for one of the hotels on Thornton Road. I'm hoping they can give us a good rate on a meeting room.

If anyone is a customer of Regions bank, the downtown Douglasville branch has a great room that is FREE! We use it for Junior League meetings sometimes. They have tables and chairs to use for free too. I am definitely interested in a get together on the west side of town! Keep me posted...

khowardga 07-08-2006 06:55 AM

Maria:

Yes, the community center is at the park. See the first post for hours that we are doing it and the address/directions. I've been trying to update that for information.

You have plenty of time for the shoebox swap, I haven't even started preparing mine yet!

Kim

Beachbound 07-08-2006 11:59 AM

LOL! Me either! But I've been *thinking* about it :D

Shell 07-08-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin On My Mind
If anyone is a customer of Regions bank, the downtown Douglasville branch has a great room that is FREE! We use it for Junior League meetings sometimes. They have tables and chairs to use for free too. I am definitely interested in a get together on the west side of town! Keep me posted...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try to keep it right off of 20. I will try Regions if I can't find something reasonable.

dvinson 07-10-2006 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvinson
Hey Kim -please add me to your list. I would also like to do the shoebox swap. I can't wait to meet everybody.
Dawn:D

Sorry Kim, looks like I am not going to be able to make it after all. Maybe next time.:(

khowardga 07-10-2006 04:34 AM

Dawn:

Sorry you won't be able to make it to this one Dawn, maybe next one.

Kim

Granny Hawkins 07-12-2006 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvinson
Sorry Kim, looks like I am not going to be able to make it after all. Maybe next time.:(

:( Looks like I will have to make a trip to the mtns. this Fall.

khowardga 07-12-2006 07:40 AM

Connie:

You're not going to be able to make it either??? Boo hoo ladies!

Kim