Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Central NYers Can't Stamp Together Enough! - 5/2/09 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/central-nyers-cant-stamp-together-enough-5-2-09-a-421179/)

Love2Craft 04-02-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momoffive (Post 13613898)
I had mine only for 2 weeks but so far it has been great. when I went there was plenty and I did but 3 refills since syracuse is about 45 mins away from me. I have had no problem with it sticking.I got the pera tac. one. When I read this I went back and tried to pull a card apart with the glue i used from the gun and i could not without wrecking the card. I have not look on line for them or the refills though, I probally just get them the from HL I ask the manager if this is something they always carry and she said yes all HL carry it.

Thanks for letting me know. I will have to go to HL with the attitude of "if it is there ok if not it is ok" or else it will never be there. I hate going to the store to get that good deal on sale just to find out there is none. I have taught my daughter that we go into to the store just to browse not looking for anything specific. That way we're not disappointed.

tillyhead 04-02-2009 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kewl Kat (Post 13615189)
Hey ladies, I really got excited last week with the warm weather but it snowed here on Monday and we have snow in the forcast of next week. UCK>>>>>>>>>> I just got out my blouses. Glad your feeling better Gayla, Wish I was going to Buffalo. See ya in Syracuse. Gonna bring back some great new stuff from Ohio :)) .

Have fun in Ohio:cool:

hlw966 04-02-2009 04:02 AM

Is anyone going to SU Convention this year and wanna share a hotel room?

lindylou1220 04-02-2009 04:20 AM

Heidi, I'm pretty sure that Kris is planning to go.

I'm sitting it out this year or would've loved having you as a roomie.

BearCollector 04-02-2009 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraphead (Post 13614463)
Hi Wendy,
did you base the teddy bear card on the sweet little dog you are holding in your picture, what a cutey.
See you soon in Buffalo, I will bring your tape refills.
Pat

Actually I am not going to Buffalo (sadly....) You can give mine to Gayla whenever you deliver hers and I will get them from her since she lives next door to me.

Glad you are back!!

Thanks;
Wendy

BearCollector 04-02-2009 04:30 AM

And YES my bear card does remind me of my puppies Curly Little Face!! She is a Bichon and the sweetest thing in the world. Her name is "Baby" and I think she will be a baby forever - she's like a 2 year old that will never grow up. (love it...)

Thanks;
Wendy

snowcountry311 04-03-2009 08:52 AM

WTH..
we were on page two
unheard of!

conductorchik 04-03-2009 11:07 AM

Keep us in your prayers

If you haven't heard - there has been a terrible shooting, involving hostages, at the American Civic Association in Binghamton, NY. This is my stomping ground.

Keep those who are affected by the tragedy in your prayers - they are saying between 4-12 dead. Nothing is very clear right now.

tillyhead 04-03-2009 11:43 AM

Glad you're okay Kris - I've been worried about my "southern tier" friends.

diane617 04-03-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conductorchik (Post 13636188)
If you haven't heard - there has been a terrible shooting, involving hostages, at the American Civic Association in Binghamton, NY. This is my stomping ground.

Keep those who are affected by the tragedy in your prayers - they are saying between 4-12 dead. Nothing is very clear right now.

Just to let you know, I do live in Binghamton, about a mile from the shootings. My family members are accounted for. I was driving downtown, but took a different route because my SU! order was in and I went to pick it up at the hospital. I actually called to see if they needed me to come in. They had transferred over one bloodbanker from our sister hospital, so they said they were doing okay. It's just weird, they HELP people at the Civic Association.

hlw966 04-03-2009 12:11 PM

I'm SO glad to hear from you guys! Our prayers are with those and the family members of those affected and your whole community over there!

lindylou1220 04-03-2009 12:13 PM

What an awful thing. My son is trying to reach one of his good friends to be sure she is okay. No reason to think not, but one always worries.

momoffive 04-03-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conductorchik (Post 13636188)

They will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

snowcountry311 04-03-2009 01:54 PM

a horrible day!

momoffive 04-03-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane617 (Post 13636748)
Just to let you know, I do live in Binghamton, about a mile from the shootings. My family members are accounted for. I was driving downtown, but took a different route because my SU! order was in and I went to pick it up at the hospital. I actually called to see if they needed me to come in. They had transferred over one bloodbanker from our sister hospital, so they said they were doing okay. It's just weird, they HELP people at the Civic Association.

Diane, You never really thing that anything like this is going to happen like this in our neck of the woods. Hope everone is in for a speedy recovery.Thinking about all of you. Take care.

momoffive 04-03-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 13634588)
WTH..
we were on page two
unheard of!

I know I have been checking no chatting here lately I hope everyone has been stamping!LOL

scraphead 04-03-2009 05:59 PM

TOD "and Tina,
soooooooooo happy you guys and family are OK, what a horrid thing, boy, I was watching this on TV thinking, wow, so happy I dont live there (not knowing where it had happened) then they said "Binghampton" OMG what a shock, never thought this sort of thing would happen so close, I am so sorry for the people and families effected, but so happpy you guys are OK.
Pat

musesmom 04-03-2009 07:45 PM

I'm 35 miles north, but this whole situation has been so surreal. The scary thing is, it can happen anywhere. I work at a non-profit also where all we do is help people, but there are crazies everywhere...so it could happen in Norwich too.

A man in Watkins Glen (really small town!) killed a number of child support collection workers at the county Soc. Services bldg. back in the 90's.

tillyhead 04-03-2009 08:05 PM

I thought of you too Gail as I knew you worked for a Not For Profit, but I didn't know where!

momoffive 04-03-2009 10:04 PM

Puts a lot of things into perspective doesn't it ladies. Life is to short!

tillyhead 04-04-2009 07:58 AM

Hi Meg,

Is your ticket corner punch working any better?
Are you in Albany again this weekend?

Kelly65 04-04-2009 10:42 AM

Hey ladies -- Had a fun stamping day today in Rome. I went to another demo's stamp camp (how fun it was to be the student!), I could whine and everything (but I didn't). LOL After that I stopped by to see Theresa at Sweetheart -- GASP -- the first time since she's been back, definitely my loss! I bought some stencil paste, a tool for the paste and a stencil to play with, as I've wanted to do it ever since the other Diane showed us at one of the gatherings. Theresa is SUCH a NICE person, I look forward to getting out there more now that my kids are older and mom can get away to play! Anyhoo, I hope you are all having great weekend -- see some of you soon in Buffalo. I haven't begun anything yet for the gathering, maybe I'll do some design work now.

Love2Craft 04-04-2009 10:58 AM

Well, I went to Hobby Lobby and got the Glue Glider PRO. I didn't get the max. This one is so darn cute!! I love the colors it has. To me it is Pink Passion and Green Galore. It is originally $14.99. Of course I used my 40% off coupon. I asked the associate if she worked in the department to make sure it will be instock. She said everything on that wall is regular. Then when I was cashing out the cashier said she has soo many women telling her to make sure they keep it in stock. I bought a refill just incase I did run out and didn't get a chance to get back. It costs $8.99. I paid more the refill then the main one. Oh well. The cashier also told me I just missed the sale on the refills. But to me that was good to know so I can watch for the sales and it sounds like it is a regular for HL. I just had to share my excitement. (i know how queer am i, but hey that is me:).

Kewl Kat 04-04-2009 10:59 AM

:)

Life is too short not to stop and appreciate what we take for granted every day like our family, friends, health, and Stamping.

Love2Craft 04-04-2009 11:01 AM

I forgot to ask if any of you have seen HL scrapbooking magazines? I bought the spring one for $1.99!!! The winter was $2.99. There are some cute ideas in there for the price of the magazine. I usually don't buy any scrapbooking magazines. The is made by HL. So almost everything shown you can by the products. I think I did see something from SU in it. I will have to check again but I thought I did see their name in one of the supply list.

Kelly65 04-04-2009 11:04 AM

I havent' been to the HL YET, but mom and I are planning our trips along the thruway on the way to Buffalo and HL is one of them; hopefully it's an easy-on, easy-off.

Love2Craft 04-04-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly65 (Post 13644626)
I havent' been to the HL YET, but mom and I are planning our trips along the thruway on the way to Buffalo and HL is one of them; hopefully it's an easy-on, easy-off.

Hi Kelly, I think the HL in Clay would be out of your way. Probably the ones in Rochester would be closer to the thruway.

Love2Craft 04-04-2009 11:12 AM

What a nice windy, cold snowy day today. My household is taking advantage today and cleaning rooms. Myself included in my craft room. I don't know how it gets this messy. It must be the kids;)

snowcountry311 04-04-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly65 (Post 13644626)

kelly once you go to buffalo stamps. you won't need hobby lobby
nor will you have any money left!

snowcountry311 04-04-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Craft (Post 13644665)
What a nice windy, cold snowy day today. My household is taking advantage today and cleaning rooms. Myself included in my craft room. I don't know how it gets this messy. It must be the kids;)

i think there are mini stampers that only come out at night!

Kelly65 04-04-2009 11:16 AM

So I should save all my money for BS eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 13644675)
kelly once you go to buffalo stamps. you won't need hobby lobby
nor will you have any money left!

snowcountry311 04-04-2009 11:24 AM

you can always hit hobby lobby anytime-right
buffalo not so much

arlenevita 04-04-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly65 (Post 13644522)
Hey ladies -- Had a fun stamping day today in Rome. I went to another demo's stamp camp (how fun it was to be the student!), I could whine and everything (but I didn't). LOL After that I stopped by to see Theresa at Sweetheart -- GASP -- the first time since she's been back, definitely my loss! I bought some stencil paste, a tool for the paste and a stencil to play with, as I've wanted to do it ever since the other Diane showed us at one of the gatherings. Theresa is SUCH a NICE person, I look forward to getting out there more now that my kids are older and mom can get away to play! Anyhoo, I hope you are all having great weekend -- see some of you soon in Buffalo. I haven't begun anything yet for the gathering, maybe I'll do some design work now.

You went to Sharon, Pam and Donna's favor class this morning?? I was there in the back corner. Really cute favors, huh?? It's fun to go to different SU! classes. You'll have to go to classes at Sweethearts...did you sign up for her email?

Love2Craft 04-04-2009 12:51 PM

Has anyone started their swaps for May yet?? The only thing I have done is write down how many swaps of each, what order I will do them in and wrote a few ideas I would like to do.

Kelly65 04-04-2009 01:29 PM

I KNEW I had seen you before Arlene, I just didn't know who you were -- you should have said something. Yes, the class was great, the projects were very cute and clever. I did sign up for emails at Theresa's and will definitely get back out there for some classes. I have missed so much. She even did a little demo for me on the stencils. I met another girl (I'm HORRIBLE in remembering names) who is going to the Syracuse get-together, she just signed up to be a demo as well. I wish I was coming to Syracuse, but I can't do both weekends in a row and dad is having a 70th bday party for my mom that evening. I know you will all have a great time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 13645150)
You went to Sharon, Pam and Donna's favor class this morning?? I was there in the back corner. Really cute favors, huh?? It's fun to go to different SU! classes. You'll have to go to classes at Sweethearts...did you sign up for her email?

Kelly65 04-04-2009 01:30 PM

Very true - I would definitely visit the one in Webster and probably still will; we'll have to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 13644743)
you can always hit hobby lobby anytime-right
buffalo not so much

arlenevita 04-04-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly65 (Post 13645684)
I KNEW I had seen you before Arlene, I just didn't know who you were -- you should have said something. Yes, the class was great, the projects were very cute and clever. I did sign up for emails at Theresa's and will definitely get back out there for some classes. I have missed so much. She even did a little demo for me on the stencils. I met another girl (I'm HORRIBLE in remembering names) who is going to the Syracuse get-together, she just signed up to be a demo as well. I wish I was coming to Syracuse, but I can't do both weekends in a row and dad is having a 70th bday party for my mom that evening. I know you will all have a great time!

I didn't realize that I should know YOU! LOL!! How bad are we??

tillyhead 04-04-2009 06:11 PM

Arlene - meet Kelly
Kelly - Arlene :)

diane617 04-04-2009 06:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good evening. Spent the day with the TV off. Played cards all afternoon with Mom and Dad and DD and new SIL and brother and his wife. Then got home and checked for more info. Teacher who was killed worked in my girls' elementary school and at age 72 was just subbing for someone on vacation and one of my former Girl Scouts was also one of the teachers who hid safely.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, I just feel so bad for families who still haven't got final word on their missing family. And then OMG the policemen in PA.

Just hug your family members tonight and count your blessings.

snowcountry311 04-04-2009 06:19 PM

this just freaks me out!