Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #441  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki1578View Post
Hey Jamie I hope you are feeling better. take care of yourself. i am with you on the finger foods.

Well ladies off to bed had a busy day today. In and out all day. But I hope tomorrow I can just relax. hahah will see.
Hey, even if they dont allow snack foods in the day room, you are free to cook up a storm. You are welcome to keep it all in our room

I had a day from the BAD place yesterday!!
We decided to drive out to our cabin and do some yard work and maintanence because the renters do nothing! Anyway, we had a great day mowing, power washing, weeding beds (what ever the deer had not eaten) etc. We just love being out there. So about 6:30 we decide to start back to Columbus and realize we do not have any headlights (an hour drive to Cols). So I am like, forget stopping to eat, let's make a run for it. Well, of course this was the big game day on campus. We did have parking lights and tail lights, but anyone would tell you it was DARK when we got into Campus. We slipped down a few backs streets (honestly passed two cops) and did not hit anyone or get pulled over. WHEWW! So about 8:30 we breathe relief and transfer everything to the work van that he had left in the lot that morning. We go to leave and some little ****))(&%^$#$%* had taken a Sawsall and cut an 18" section out of the pipe for the exhaust system under the van to steal the catalytic converter! This is his big Dodge work van. So now we are on campus (party central) with one truck you cant drive due to no lights, one truck with no exhaust system undrivable, and a MOVING van (our third work truck). So we clean out the other two trucks all into the moving van and drive it home for the night. By now about midnight we roll into the house. The cats apparently decided we were not getting home in time for their dinner so they 'foraged" on the counter for banana bread, apples, bananas etc (of course one bite out of each). Sara called to say she now has a kidney stone. Good thing I don't drink!! I finally got to bed around 2 and slept til 9am. I missed church this am and now just getting turned around. DH has gone to campus to see if he can get some lights working on the pickup so he can use that. State Farm wont let us tow the van to get fixed until an adjuster looks at it MOn or Tues.......HOpe today is better and have I mentioned I REALLY need a weekend in TN ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #442  
Swapper of the Month January 2013

well Ellen I hope that you have a better sunday. WOW you didnt have a good day. :(

I hope all of the rest of the ladies have a great day.

Ellen dont forget to sign me up the for the 10.00 gift basket. Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #443  
Kookie Creator

Before I sign up for swaps, I need to know how many we are making for each swap. I assume the basket swap in just 1 basket, if I'm wrong, let me know. I am really looking forward to this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #444  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Ellen, you sound like you have had a day like I have, lol!! I have told people that I am like Linus with my little black cloud over me . I hope today goes better for you, but honestly had to laugh about the cats, my cat is soooo fat and if he gets a little low on food has a nervous break down. You can see pics of him on my family blog.
Hope you have a better day, and I don't really drink either, maybe one every 6 months, but that day needed one, lol.

Jamie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #445  
Swapper of the Month January 2013

Well ladies you all have a safe and wonderful week. Talk with you ladies this weekend. I have to work on FRIDAY YUKKY. Oh well some OT coming. That is the only good thing about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #446  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by teresa2315View Post
Before I sign up for swaps, I need to know how many we are making for each swap. I assume the basket swap in just 1 basket, if I'm wrong, let me know. I am really looking forward to this.
I have you down Nikki. Swaps wont be any larger than the sign up currently listed. I will open a second group if it increases in number. Baskets are ONE.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #447  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkansasjamieView Post
Oh Ellen, you sound like you have had a day like I have, lol!! I have told people that I am like Linus with my little black cloud over me . I hope today goes better for you, but honestly had to laugh about the cats, my cat is soooo fat and if he gets a little low on food has a nervous break down. You can see pics of him on my family blog.
Hope you have a better day, and I don't really drink either, maybe one every 6 months, but that day needed one, lol.

Jamie
Well, today was a better day. I slept til nine this morning. I finished all of the laundry, shopped for food, made some brownies for DH and did a set of 6 12 X 12 pages for a swap. Now trying to catch up on some chats then early to bed. Hope all went well in your world today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:26 AM   #448  
Hardware Hotshot

Happy Monday, only 62 days left before the registration deadline. Check out the swaps and reservation info on the first post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:57 AM   #449  
Hardware Hotshot

Sign me up for a Card A swap (thank you card).

Are we doing shoebox cards or making all the cards ourselves to swap?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 AM   #450  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbettyView Post
Sign me up for a Card A swap (thank you card).

Are we doing shoebox cards or making all the cards ourselves to swap?
Will do. Shoe box swaps. Make 10, 9 packets and 1 example (you will keep)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #451  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm baaack! I know ya'll missed me!! The cabin trip was...fun...but at times scary. So it is 3am Saturday morning at the cabin, and I am sleeping peacefully upstairs with my dear daughter and her friend sleeping downstairs(cause they HAD to be near the TV)...all of a sudden...I am awakened by what I know is a tree falling...and by the sound of it...I knew it was in the cabin somewhere!!! After screaming as I am trying to get downstairs to see if everyone is okay...oh did I mention the power went off at the same time?! Well...after calming the girls I started looking for the tree that wasn't IN the cabin.

Well...it had fallen...a few feet from the cabin. By the grace of God...it didn't hit the cabin. Due to the angle of the land the tree SHOULD have landed on the cabin on the end where the girls, and I were sleeping. Okay it took out the power line,cable line,etc. Bless the lady in the cabin next doors heart...she had called the police because the "popping" of the tree sounded like gun shots and then she saw the sparks. After the police made sure we were okay(however, but not giving up a flashlight that I asked for...gosh...me and 2 girls alone...) the rest of the night was spent with ALL of us sleeping in a queen size bed. No power until 1 pm on Saturday, and I honestly thought that I was going to have to kill the girls. They were "bored"...I tried to tell them that this was an adventure...but they weren't buying it!!!

Other than that...oh and Jessica(dear daughter) getting stung..not once...but twice..by we aren't sure and both places swelling up about 4 inches in diameter and hot and itchy and painful. We did have a great time! In between minor setbacks...we laughed and smiled and I didn't want to come off the mountain!

So how was everyone else's weekend. So sorry about your awful day Ellen!! You could have come and hung out in the dark with us!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #452  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I missed you! I thought I was all alone on here:( Sorry to hear about your adventure or misadventure. Good thing you were in a cabin and not a tent! I worry about kids who cannot go 10 minutes without TV. They are missing so much. My GS's same way. When I was a kid (OK, here we go) We never even turned on the TV in the summer, there was just too much to do, places to explore. I try to tell them...let's go out and hike and they are like "why?" Such and such is on tv...too sad

My guess on the bites are spiders. Pretty common in cabins and always leave big hard red burning whelts. They will itch for a few days and go away no doubt. But I am glad you are back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #453  
Kookie Creator

So we are going in March so cross me off the list!

I hope you gals have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #454  
Hardware Hotshot

February is the date, do you still want to be off?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 AM   #455  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchicView Post
Well, I missed you! I thought I was all alone on here:( Sorry to hear about your adventure or misadventure. Good thing you were in a cabin and not a tent! I worry about kids who cannot go 10 minutes without TV. They are missing so much. My GS's same way. When I was a kid (OK, here we go) We never even turned on the TV in the summer, there was just too much to do, places to explore. I try to tell them...let's go out and hike and they are like "why?" Such and such is on tv...too sad

My guess on the bites are spiders. Pretty common in cabins and always leave big hard red burning whelts. They will itch for a few days and go away no doubt. But I am glad you are back!
Okay Ellen...bites are gettin better as you predicted! But now she is coughin and snottin(don't you like the pretty picture I paint?). I am guessin it is from gettin in and out of the hot tub like a zillion times! We did have such a good time(in between "about getting killed" as dear daughter says) though...I just loved gettin away and would love to do it monthly if I had the money! KWIM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 AM   #456  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswifeView Post
Okay Ellen...bites are gettin better as you predicted! But now she is coughin and snottin(don't you like the pretty picture I paint?). I am guessin it is from gettin in and out of the hot tub like a zillion times! We did have such a good time(in between "about getting killed" as dear daughter says) though...I just loved gettin away and would love to do it monthly if I had the money! KWIM
Commute in a helio and live there, that's what I'm talkin about! Glad she's getting better. Sinuses probably got irritated with pollen or dust in the cabin and now picked up a little cold. Glad the bites are improving. I'm starting to think its just going to be you and me down there LOL Where did all of our other peeps run off to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #457  
Hardware Hotshot

Sighhhhh! all alone on here? Bumping this up now. Only two months until deadline so need to bump this up to get as much participation as desired. ALL new people and of course you old ones are most welcome to join us for a fun weekend in Tennessee the end of February. See post number 1 for details. Post with us so we know you are here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #458  
Hardware Hotshot

While I loooove talking to Ellen, some of you other gals need to join in on the thread! Ya know...we need to chat...get to know each other...vent...act crazy...anything!!! But I can't stand the quiet!!(no, really I am quite sane...at times!;))

Anyway...start checkin in just to let us know that you guys are still around and wantin to join our little party!!!
Cyber Hugs!
Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #459  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswifeView Post
While I loooove talking to Ellen, some of you other gals need to join in on the thread! Ya know...we need to chat...get to know each other...vent...act crazy...anything!!! But I can't stand the quiet!!(no, really I am quite sane...at times!;))

Anyway...start checkin in just to let us know that you guys are still around and wantin to join our little party!!!
Cyber Hugs!
Denise
I know! I was so bummed today I was going to figure out new words to Oh Lonesome me! LOL Maybe we will end up with a small group, but I definitely want to know you ladies...Bumping for new folks too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:10 AM   #460  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Hi girls...I just got chewed out by ELLEN cause I haven't been around!!!! :( Soooooooo....I am back and you WILL NOT be able to get rid of me!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:11 AM   #461  
Die Cut Diva

So what do you want to know?????? Ask me anything...I will tell you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:13 AM   #462  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynetteAView Post
So what do you want to know?????? Ask me anything...I will tell you!!!!
I even PM'd you asking you where you have been. I just missed you.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:13 AM   #463  
Hardware Hotshot

LONELY, I'M MRS LONELY
I HAVE NOBODY TO CALL ON THE PHONE (SCS THREAD)
I AM A SCRAPPER, A LONELY SCRAPPER
WITH NOBODY TO CALL MY OWN

Where o where have my little friends gone?
Oh where o where can they be?

Ok, that is my song ability for the day, but seriously.......

Where is everyone? Did we lose you with the date change?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 AM   #464  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

LONELY, I'M MRS LONELY

Ellen who are you singing too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 AM   #465  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

LONELY, I'M MRS LONELY

Oh goody! Yeah, my GF's are back my GF's are back (insert happy dancing smiley, cause I cannot pull them down)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 AM   #466  
Hardware Hotshot

Here you go! A dancing man for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 AM   #467  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by jknorpView Post
I even PM'd you asking you where you have been. I just missed you.
Janet
Yes, I know...sorry I never responded!!!! I get like that sometimes...BIOTCH!!! LOL No really, I MEANT to respond, but I got busy at work and forgot...you know how it goes....memory that is!!! LMAO!!!! I won't ignore you anymore...I promise (((HUGS)))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 AM   #468  
Hardware Hotshot

Or maybe you might like this one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 AM   #469  
Die Cut Diva

Ellen, you're silly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 AM   #470  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Or maybe you might like this one
I like the first one!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:20 AM   #471  
Hardware Hotshot

Lynette don't worry I know how life gets. You don't ever need to apologize. I just was wondering if all was OK. And you certainly don't need to make promises. Because I know for me I have only been popping in and out over the last month also. (((((hugs))))) for you too!!
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:20 AM   #472  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Here you go! A dancing man for you
:rolleyes: Hmmmmm, what other tricks does he do? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 AM   #473  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I thought maybe someone might like the according (spelling) some are older you know. hehe
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #474  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynetteAView Post
Yes, I know...sorry I never responded!!!! I get like that sometimes...BIOTCH!!! LOL No really, I MEANT to respond, but I got busy at work and forgot...you know how it goes....memory that is!!! LMAO!!!! I won't ignore you anymore...I promise (((HUGS)))
Just because you work 3 jobs, have a baby to take care of and commute a million miles a week is NO excuse for not posting on my threads. LOL JK But seriously, girls, we need to start getting some interest for this gathering or you will be REALLY tired of me by the end of the weekend because you wont have anyone else to talk to
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:23 AM   #475  
Hardware Hotshot

He doesn't have any put is friends are rockers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #476  
Hardware Hotshot

I think that with confirmed plans we will see a new bunch of people. Should we start a new thread now that we have confirmed plans so new girls won't have to read through all this.....
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:25 AM   #477  
Hardware Hotshot

commute a million miles
Where do you go?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #478  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Quote:

Just because you work 3 jobs, have a baby to take care of and commute a million miles a week is NO excuse for not posting on my threads. LOL JK But seriously, girls, we need to start getting some interest for this gathering or you will be REALLY tired of me by the end of the weekend because you wont have anyone else to talk to
LMAO!!!!
I don't think we could ever get tired of you Ellen!!! You are too nice....(slight touch of sarcasm here.....heehee)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:30 AM   #479  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Quote:

commute a million miles
Where do you go?
LOL..she's exaggerating just a bit....I drive to Charlotte 3 days a week...60 miles round trip!!!! so it is really only 180 miles a week!!! (Dang, when you do the math, that IS alot!!!) hadn't really thought about it that way!!!! Sheesh....no wonder I have to get gas ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!! LOL Seriously, I drive a Corsica to Charlotte and can go on a tank of gas for 2 weeks!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:49 AM   #480  
Hardware Hotshot

I drive a Suburban so I can fit all my children and my husband. We ran out of gas in TN 2 weeks ago and we are just catching up now. Our gas station only allowed $50.00 this time that is only 1/2 tank. But my husband doesn't drive it to work and I limit the driving I do so we can go usually a tank every 2 weeks. But I go now where!!!!!!
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes