Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tissue Paper Candles

I am interested in making candles with tissue paper. Are they easy to make? Are they safe to burn? :?

Thanks for your help,
Darlene
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 02:18 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

Yes, they are easy to make! I believe that they are safe for burning-----but someone let me know if I am wrong. As for making them, stamp on tissue paper ( I do an embossed image with versamark, embossing powder and a heat gun). Then tear out the image, place on the candle and use your heat gun to "melt" it to the candle. Hint: use a candle that is colored all the way through, not just on the outside. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Yes, they are easy to make! I believe that they are safe for burning-----but someone let me know if I am wrong. As for making them, stamp on tissue paper ( I do an embossed image with versamark, embossing powder and a heat gun). Then tear out the image, place on the candle and use your heat gun to "melt" it to the candle. Hint: use a candle that is colored all the way through, not just on the outside. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 02:21 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

They are super easy to make and because you melt the tissue paper into the candle, they are safe to burn. Just cut a piece of white tissue paper to fit around the candle (the cheaper the candle the better!) Stamp on the tissue paper then wrap around the candle. Take your heat tool and get it good and hot. Then, I usually hold the candle in my left hand with the ends of the tissue paper meeting by my palm. Start heating the candle in the middle of the tissue paper until you see the wax start to slightly melt. Then continue to move you heat tool around the entire candle, up and down, until the tissue paper is completely melted. Save the ends for last. If you get any wrinkles in the paper, you can usually stop heating and move the tissue paper quickly or melt more wax around it. I usually have a small amount of dripping wax, so to cover it up, I roll my still warm candle in dazzling diamonds glitter and finish it off with an organdy ribbon bow tied around it. Hope this helps!

Joni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #5  
CRAZY DAISY

very easy to make. however if you have problems with your candle becoming ugly with dripping wax and such first place you torn tissue paper on your candle then cover entire candle with wax paper with enough to hold onto in the back and then proceed to melt. comes out perfect every time. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #6  
Inking Addict

Wow you make it sound very easy!!
I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks,
Darlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Be careful if you burn them! If the candle is small in diameter, you do run the risk of the flame burning the tissue paper. I speak from experience.
Reply With Quote Likes