Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #161  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe everyone needs to make a commitment that this is the year to use those treasures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #162  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
You have given me a "marketing" of my blog idea! (ETA what do ya think?) LOL!
Don't you dare say Evah, lol. You have a great blog! Don't hurt your blog. It will cry and stomp it's feet. !

I love owls. My Mother used to rescue them. I never understand why people say owls are wise because they really are not the smartest creatures in the world. Many species of owls are just dumb as rocks. Valerie's story still makes me sad. I would never forgive. My furbabies are my children. I understand your pain Valerie.

The whole doily thing makes me laugh. It's so "In" right now. Cardmakers for years have used doilies. I think they used doilies on cards in the Victorian days. I am one who likes doilies. I don't go overboard and I do not have any doily dies. I did make a doily cut on my Silhouette SD the other day.

Twine, that one makes me laugh too. For a different reason. About three years back my DH found a package of Martha Stewart twine on clearance for a steal. I brought it home and told everyone on another forum how I got this great twine deal for only a quarter. Some of the girls scoffed that twine was so stupid and they never use it. No wonder it was on clearance, blah, blah, blah. My poor twine. Well, I loved it. Guess what's in? Guess what those ladies are buying in bulk on my other forum, ROFL! I still have that twine. I have used it quite a lot but never on a card. I did use some for a Rapunzel scarf. It looked really cool.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 02:41 AM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm working on a baby shower/jungle theme at the moment and I have a whole ball of twine (older than my craft addiction) might just use it for the bows. Twine is always "in" in farming communities!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #164  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a much longer list of "never got into it", rather than "so over it", which seems to be common.

I love birds of all types. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble with the birdcage trend. I don't like the symbolism of a caged bird, so even though some of the sets are really cute, I'll never be able to bring myself to use them.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #165  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeborahBView Post
I've never really gotten the "Build a Bear" thing. And I was big on the wheels for a while, now they're collecting dust. Same with the background stamps.
I'm not into Build a Bear either, and those big dies are so stinkin' expensive! I love the LOOK of the cutsey images, but when I buy them, I never use them. I stamp and scrap with the elegant ones. It only took me about 5 years to figure out to stop buying cute ones. *Sigh.*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #166  
Rubber Obsessor

Reading a card mag yesterday made me realize there is a trend I can't wait for it to be over...unfortunately it'll probably never go out of style. It's the single shoe. I'm just not into shoes (yes, I AM female).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #167  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianneoView Post
Reading a card mag yesterday made me realize there is a trend I can't wait for it to be over...unfortunately it'll probably never go out of style. It's the single shoe. I'm just not into shoes (yes, I AM female).
Me neither!! I have two pair of casual leather shoes: one pair of Keds; one pair of Adias and two pair of dress shoes
I have more different adhesives than shoes LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #168  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
Me neither!! I have two pair of casual leather shoes: one pair of Keds; one pair of Adias and two pair of dress shoes
I have more different adhesives than shoes LOL
We sound just alike! Buying adhesives is more fun for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #169  
Glitter Queen

I replied to this once already but then something happened yesterday that got me thinking. I love YouTube and I have my favorites. Recently one of my favorites posted a video and this person is a member of a design team - actually a few judging by recent vids. I am so over some of these design team creations. It's like the whole goal is to get all the free stuff you can regardless if that is your style or not. Then make something out of it all that looks like you vomited all the freebies you couldn't wait to get. Tell me I'm not crazy...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #170  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrogirl369View Post
I replied to this once already but then something happened yesterday that got me thinking. I love YouTube and I have my favorites. Recently one of my favorites posted a video and this person is a member of a design team - actually a few judging by recent vids. I am so over some of these design team creations. It's like the whole goal is to get all the free stuff you can regardless if that is your style or not. Then make something out of it all that looks like you vomited all the freebies you couldn't wait to get. Tell me I'm not crazy...
You're not crazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #171  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckarenView Post
... Still love vintage and CAS...
What is CAS?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #172  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
I have enjoyed these responses...

I LOATHE OWLS...I had a PRECIOUS 3lb Chihuahua that was the SWEETEST thing ever...(not the typical yap yap, growling kind but the wag wag kiss-y kiss-y kind) Everyone who met her LOVED her and could not believe she was a sweet Chihuahua...well one night I was letting her out in the back yard before bed time...and a HUGE OWL came swooping down and snatched her up right before my eyes and that was the last I saw and heard from her as she was yelping until I heard no more!!!

There are several owl nests in the neighbors trees and I HATE them!!!

I miss her terribly and I can't believe that they used my baby for dinner.

Blessings,
Valerie

P.S. I never get tired of Butterflies!!! I LOVE what they represent to me spiritually and their Majestic Beauty that come from a caterpillar!!! Simply amazing...one of the few Miracles that I get to actually witness...just amazing!!!
That is a truly horrifying story. I'm sorry you had to go through that!
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #173  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you guys for all your sweet words regarding my Baby that was taken by the owl...I am a HUGE animal lover and my fur-babies mean just as much to me as my 3 daughters (some days even more so b/c they actually listen to me!)

It was devastating and I often torture myself wondering if there was ANYTHING I could have done to prevent this (except for keeping her inside for her whole life.) The owl nests are literally visible from my front and back windows and in the autumn an winter...when the trees are bare...I can really see them. It is a painful visualization every time I see them.

Thank you so much for understanding my resentment toward owls...
Blessings,
Valerie

P.S. I few years after this incident I did end up with another Tea-Cup Chihuahua...she is a beautiful chocolate color w/ cream paws her name is Snickers and she is also as sweet as her name...She has quickly become the apple of my eye and you can bet your bottom dollar that I only let her out with me RIGHT next to her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #174  
CSC
Compulsive Stamper

What a help to read this thread. I have been following the Cold Turkey thread - trying to use up what we have and controld spending when we don't need it. Well, the new SU! catalog is out and after enjoying looking at all the wonderful pictures and new items, what was there to do but make a Wish List.

Well, after reading the Cold Turkey thread and this thread (which was fun and helpful) - I tore up my wish list. Going shopping in my own stash to find what I like and use or re-use it!

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 04:34 AM   #175  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcgView Post
What is CAS?
Clean and Simple. With CAS it is about the design: Uncluttered, lots of white space, and one main focal point.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 05:11 AM   #176  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Your not crazy. I understand the concept of design teams. I think it's gone way overboard too. What is really sad when you see your favorite blogger not only burn out but just hit a brick wall since that's all they do is design teams. Then they forget their own beautiful style or stop crafting all together. I could never do a design team, even if it was my favorite company. I know I would end up with something to design that I couldn't stand or was not my style. I am all for thinking outside the box but I still want to like it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #177  
Matboard Maniac

The whole doily thing makes me laugh. It's so "In" right now. Cardmakers for years have used doilies. I think they used doilies on cards in the Victorian days. I am one who likes doilies. I don't go overboard and I do not have any doily dies. I did make a doily cut on my Silhouette SD the other day.

Twine, that one makes me laugh too. For a different reason. About three years back my DH found a package of Martha Stewart twine on clearance for a steal. I brought it home and told everyone on another forum how I got this great twine deal for only a quarter. Some of the girls scoffed that twine was so stupid and they never use it. No wonder it was on clearance, blah, blah, blah. My poor twine. Well, I loved it. Guess what's in? Guess what those ladies are buying in bulk on my other forum, ROFL! I still have that twine. I have used it quite a lot but never on a card. I did use some for a Rapunzel scarf. It looked really cool.[/QUOTE]

I have doilies from when I started stamping 15 years ago! Didn't like them to much back then but bought some. Still have them! Decided that I don't care what's in style, if I think it can be used, I will. Who's going to come after me? The challenge police? Things come back and if you like it, use it! I bought twine years ago for my cowboy/horse cards. It makes a perfect lariat embellishment.
I'm scrapping a vacation with my DD for a we took together. I told her NOTHING is off limits, we can use anything. I used to be **** about what she could use. NO MORE. I have more stuff that needs to be used.
IF you like something, use it. There are no rules. Oh and if ANYONE has a blog and they aren't on a design team or sell SU, tell me. I'd love to follow your blog. I'm sick of the sales speels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #178  
Matboard Maniac

P.S. I few years after this incident I did end up with another Tea-Cup Chihuahua...she is a beautiful chocolate color w/ cream paws her name is Snickers and she is also as sweet as her name...She has quickly become the apple of my eye and you can bet your bottom dollar that I only let her out with me RIGHT next to her.[/QUOTE]

Hi Valerie,
I can only imagine how terrible that was for. I'm glad you got another dog. ONe thought, could you fence off a small area of your back yard and put a netting over it? That would protect your baby and free you up a little.

I know we lost a cat to fox or coyotes last year. I panic everytime I don't see a barn cat for a few days. Our dogs are at least big enough to not worry, 80-100 pounds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #179  
Polyshrink Goddess

Can't stand clip art, cute art style stamps.
"Retro" 50's style anything.
Hate bright primary colors (ink or paper)
Sickening sweet or indeterminate sentiments ( ie... wish,....believe,....smile,....grow,....)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #180  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
Sickening sweet or indeterminate sentiments ( ie... wish,....believe,....smile,....grow,....)
Too funny! These are usually not my style either, but in my effort to "shop my stash" I have really started to use things that are very, very old. And guess what - I have a ton of those types of phrases to use up. And horror of horrors, they are mostly in - gasp! - Sticker format! (I started out scrapbooking, so thought they would be great for various pages of my then-young children - yeah, not so much!) So, I sucked it up, and made about 30 cards with them. And, surprisingly enough, they made not too bad cards - great generic blank note cards. I sell cards at my work, and when I brought them in, two of my co-workers bought them all -they were even fighting over a few of them, and asked if I could make more!

So, off I go to make more of them - the sad thing is, I probably have enough supplies of this crap, er stuff to make another 100 cards......ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash&rustyView Post
Too funny! These are usually not my style either, but in my effort to "shop my stash" I have really started to use things that are very, very old. And guess what - I have a ton of those types of phrases to use up. And horror of horrors, they are mostly in - gasp! - Sticker format! (I started out scrapbooking, so thought they would be great for various pages of my then-young children - yeah, not so much!) So, I sucked it up, and made about 30 cards with them. And, surprisingly enough, they made not too bad cards - great generic blank note cards. I sell cards at my work, and when I brought them in, two of my co-workers bought them all -they were even fighting over a few of them, and asked if I could make more!

So, off I go to make more of them - the sad thing is, I probably have enough supplies of this crap, er stuff to make another 100 cards......ugh!
I have some rub-ons, (remember those?) with those sentiments, smile, believe, wish, etc. I do use them on all occasion, thinking of you type cards.

Keep in mind, we are cardmakers, ladies, and we live and breathe this stuff! So of course we get burned out with it.

The folks I send my cards to for the most part, are NOT cardmakers, and mostly not crafty in any way. They are happy to receive handmade things, and find those sentiments thoughtful and appealing.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #182  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
Thank you guys for all your sweet words regarding my Baby that was taken by the owl...I am a HUGE animal lover and my fur-babies mean just as much to me as my 3 daughters (some days even more so b/c they actually listen to me!)

It was devastating and I often torture myself wondering if there was ANYTHING I could have done to prevent this (except for keeping her inside for her whole life.) The owl nests are literally visible from my front and back windows and in the autumn an winter...when the trees are bare...I can really see them. It is a painful visualization every time I see them.

Thank you so much for understanding my resentment toward owls...
Blessings,
Valerie

P.S. I few years after this incident I did end up with another Tea-Cup Chihuahua...she is a beautiful chocolate color w/ cream paws her name is Snickers and she is also as sweet as her name...She has quickly become the apple of my eye and you can bet your bottom dollar that I only let her out with me RIGHT next to her.
I am happy you got another Chihuahua. I am sure it helped you heal a little.

Many times people beat themselves up wondering what they could have done to prevent a tragedy. Most often the answer is nothing

They did not have the knowledge then--that they have now! Because they did not know this could happen it would not cross their minds to protect against it.
All birds of prey will do something like this. Eagles , although magnificent birds, can haul away much larger animals. They have been known to try to carry away fawns .
Raptors are the biggest threat to domestic animals in late Spring and Early Summer when they have a nest of chicks to feed.

As heartbreaking as your story is some good can come of it as warning to anyone who lives in an area where there are Raptors. They don''t know the difference between domestic and wild animals.

Another animal that can be dangerous is a Raccoon, especially if people have cats.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 08-06-2011 at 04:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #183  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 664 Likes on 418 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I have a much longer list of "never got into it", rather than "so over it", which seems to be common.

I love birds of all types. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble with the birdcage trend. I don't like the symbolism of a caged bird, so even though some of the sets are really cute, I'll never be able to bring myself to use them.
I've actually been waiting for a Co. to come out with a congratulations on your divorce! for them... :mrgreen:
( like cut the cage door to swing open) leave no bird inside...

I think what I am "over" is the whole now now now new new new, it seems like it takes so long for actual stores to get in stock what people in dt who get products early are promoting by the time its for sale its there has been 20 new things... the sheer number of new products being pushed gets really pushy some days. release for this co, release for that co. ( is there ever a day off?) So, I have a lot of things a lot of old things if I didn't love it, its not here. and if I were to die without using it all up so be it, hopefully my family will have a yard sale after and not a bon fire.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You're not crazy. In fact I am quite proud that I am NOT on a Design Team. It means I have full ownership of everything I create.

For me the best advertisement for a new stamp is to see a wonderful heart felt creation in the gallery or on a blog I follow.

As for "Caged Birds" - of course there is the book by Maya Angelou I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which could be quite a deep inspiration for a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #185  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh Mylaaaaanta!!! It's been so funny to read what everyone is "over"! Great thread!

I have to admit that I'm sooooo stubborn; any time a trend grabs the stamping world by storm, I usually run the other way. :rolleyes:

But I'll be the first to admit that there is certain imagery I am always drawn to, i.e. nature/foliage/florals...birds. *chuckle*

That said, I did find this video that pokes fun at trends absolutely HYSTERICAL!!!

Put a bird on it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #186  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
Oh Mylaaaaanta!!! It's been so funny to read what everyone is "over"! Great thread!

I have to admit that I'm sooooo stubborn; any time a trend grabs the stamping world by storm, I usually run the other way. :rolleyes:

But I'll be the first to admit that there is certain imagery I am always drawn to, i.e. nature/foliage/florals...birds. *chuckle*

That said, I did find this video that pokes fun at trends absolutely HYSTERICAL!!!

Put a bird on it
Cute Video! So over it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #187  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Funny and true! But I still love birds!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #188  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
I think what I am "over" is the whole now now now new new new, it seems like it takes so long for actual stores to get in stock what people in dt who get products early are promoting by the time its for sale its there has been 20 new things... the sheer number of new products being pushed gets really pushy some days. release for this co, release for that co. ( is there ever a day off?) So, I have a lot of things a lot of old things if I didn't love it, its not here. and if I were to die without using it all up so be it, hopefully my family will have a yard sale after and not a bon fire.
You said it perfectly! This new, new, new has become over the top. I think it shoots the companies in the foot. By the time it gets to my stores I am way over it, could care less and never want to see it again. I like quirky and unusual. I never was trendy anyway, lol. I set my own trends. When my time comes I told my DH to donate all my crafting supplies to women's abuse shelters (the items they can use). My jewelry is being sold to help rape victims pay for their medical bills and treatments.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:10 AM   #189  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm over making cards for non-existent people, events and occasions. I have limited craft time so why waste it on a card that I can give to someone someday rather than (insert name here) now? Just for the sake of a photo in the gallery or blog, the opportunity to use that one particular stamp that probably has no other use.

I now only make my cards when I have a particular person in mind and have a reason for doing so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #190  
Compulsive Stamper

I love this thread. I am a long time SCS visitor, and I love to tweak some of what I find into my ideas, but mostly I just case, sorry, at my age the brain doesn't work as fast to use a new idea unless I see a lot of it. I just got into some Copics, so they are still new to me.
Tired of: Owls, big headed images, what is steampunk?, birdcages, candlelabras (I could never even wear the earrings of this style), what are digi-images?, sewing (I'm a quilter mostly, so fabric stays on quilts), and extra large ribbons and way too much 3-D on a card-it will cost me so much to mail and they get it and it's squished!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #191  
Compulsive Stamper

Great idea on the 'leftovers' when you die! I think I will find something like that too. I'm very spoiled so I buy what I want when I see it and then realize a month later that it's still in the bag and I forgot what I wanted it for.

I'm also tired of the big blossom punches that you then have to stamp to make your project. I need easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #192  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancmeView Post
Great idea on the 'leftovers' when you die! I think I will find something like that too. I'm very spoiled so I buy what I want when I see it and then realize a month later that it's still in the bag and I forgot what I wanted it for.

I'm also tired of the big blossom punches that you then have to stamp to make your project. I need easy.
I agree! I need easy, too. In fact, I haven't really bought anything but a few consumables in the last two months. I find if I stay off the Deal of the Day sites, I spend much less money. LOL! It will take me years to use up everything I have. I keep giving paper away but there's still so much.

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
You said it perfectly! This new, new, new has become over the top. I think it shoots the companies in the foot. By the time it gets to my stores I am way over it, could care less and never want to see it again. I like quirky and unusual. I never was trendy anyway, lol. I set my own trends. When my time comes I told my DH to donate all my crafting supplies to women's abuse shelters (the items they can use). My jewelry is being sold to help rape victims pay for their medical bills and treatments.
That is amazing. I have a feeling at this moment my little-est cousin (goddaughter) will want my stash (I'm 30 odd year older) so unless my own kids want it I'm ok with her having it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityHandView Post
I'm over making cards for non-existent people, events and occasions. I have limited craft time so why waste it on a card that I can give to someone someday rather than (insert name here) now? Just for the sake of a photo in the gallery or blog, the opportunity to use that one particular stamp that probably has no other use.

I now only make my cards when I have a particular person in mind and have a reason for doing so.
Yeah, I only do challenges etc. if I need a card idea for someone! I totally get not having a stash of completed cards I would just have to find another place to store them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancmeView Post

Is it wrong that when I read leftovers and die, I thought of leftover cardstock when I diecut? LOL!

I'm thinking of making paper with it. The odd shapes bother me and they are too big to bin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #194  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I think what I am "over" is the whole now now now new new new, it seems like it takes so long for actual stores to get in stock what people in dt who get products early are promoting by the time its for sale its there has been 20 new things... the sheer number of new products being pushed gets really pushy some days. release for this co, release for that co. ( is there ever a day off?) So, I have a lot of things a lot of old things if I didn't love it, its not here. and if I were to die without using it all up so be it, hopefully my family will have a yard sale after and not a bon fire.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!! Along with the pushing of new items is the blog hops with 15 plus blogs to go to. Now really, 15 blogs to hop to. Forget that.

And by the time something is released I could never get a hold of it. for instance last year CHA I wanted 2 new nestablilties, but was not released until the following month, had to preorder. Never would do that again. Preorder once on a website and took forever. So I walked away from the nesties. Finally was able to purchase the two nesties I wanted in Dec. Guess what, have yet to use then.

I am just tired of trying to keep up with everything that is new. Just not realistic. I buy what I like and will use. I have learned the hard way, buying what is "IN" and not being my style, recouping money on these items is hard. I for one know what is my style, what I like and what I need. I will not get caught up in the "IN" things to find out some of them are not for me. My checkbook is happier and so is my hubby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #195  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Put a bird on it
Interesting video...Alfred Hitchcock would be so proud.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't spend a lot of time looking at other's projects, so I am not tired of using any of my "trendy" things. I only bought the ones I liked, and quite frankly have yet to use them anough my self to get tired of them yet (if at all... bwahahahah!) But when it comes to purchasing, I do get tired of seeing the same thing come out from multiple companies. And I don't like digi, so get totally frustrated when an image I like is only digital. I do have to agree with one "trend" I'm not only tired of, but have never liked... the kids with no mouths.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room

Last edited by jkstampin; 08-08-2011 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #197  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Useless words such as "bliss", "cherish" and "My Friend"
Chairs, eating utensils, skulls.
Love butterflies, wide ribbon, dragon flies, and flourishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #198  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Put a bird on it
I keep coming back to this thread....hilarious!

ROFL....Oh, that was too funny! I'm actually just warming up to the bird thing. I own a few sets and a punch, but I'm restraining myself because I see where some people are really "losing it" with the bird thing. I'm also a bit into what I've come to believe might be "a bit overdone" as a style. I think that is my style and I'm comfortable to have settled into somewhere between amply sufficient and "a bit overdone". I'm so over trying to adapt a style that is not my own (eg. CAS)...I think I'm a happier, less stressed, more genuine crafter when I do exactly what I like which is usually marching against what everyone else is doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #199  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post

Exactly!!!! Along with the pushing of new items is the blog hops with 15 plus blogs to go to. Now really, 15 blogs to hop to. Forget that.

And by the time something is released I could never get a hold of it. for instance last year CHA I wanted 2 new nestablilties, but was not released until the following month, had to preorder. Never would do that again. Preorder once on a website and took forever. So I walked away from the nesties. Finally was able to purchase the two nesties I wanted in Dec. Guess what, have yet to use then.

I am just tired of trying to keep up with everything that is new. Just not realistic. I buy what I like and will use. I have learned the hard way, buying what is "IN" and not being my style, recouping money on these items is hard. I for one know what is my style, what I like and what I need. I will not get caught up in the "IN" things to find out some of them are not for me. My checkbook is happier and so is my hubby![/QUOTE]

I totally agree on the pre-orders and how long it takes to get Spellbinders after their release! One year is was 8 months! The good news is they are all starting to look alike so there was really nothing I liked that I needed (ok wanted), especially nothing I'd prepay and wait for! Perhaps if they had them made in US instead of China they would be done on time.

And the Blog hops! I think we should all decide to avoid design team hops and comments. Those DT people must make a killing on the hops with all the comments plus get the free stamps so far in advance. I HATE that. By the time the stamps come out or are even shipped I'm so over them. Perhaps I'm getting jaded, I have so many stamps I am sure I have everything they are releasing in some for or another.

Agree to, I don't like the digi's. I'm a tactile person, I want the rubba! They aren't STAMPS if they are digital, they're CLIP ART! I don't want to have to go through my stamps then my computer to find something, size it, print it and hope the printer doesn't mess up and then hope the ink from there works with my coloring medium. Give me stamps and ink and let me mask, omit and create that way. JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #200  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

Agree to, I don't like the digi's. I'm a tactile person, I want the rubba! They aren't STAMPS if they are digital, they're CLIP ART! I don't want to have to go through my stamps then my computer to find something, size it, print it and hope the printer doesn't mess up and then hope the ink from there works with my coloring medium. Give me stamps and ink and let me mask, omit and create that way. JMHO[/QUOTE]

I so agree. Don't know how they can even be referred to as stamps. They may be lovely images and many have done beautiful jobs coloring them, but there is NO stamping involved. It could be call digital art, but not stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes