Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default SU Dazzle Markers?

Has anyone used these yet? How do they dazzle? Is it gliitter, sparkle or shine? Can anyone recommend gold and/or silver markers or pens that really sparkle or glitter? I want to use them to accent stamped images on Christmas cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know about SU pens, but I use the Gelly Roll pens by Sakura. They have excellent glitter and metallic pens and they are relatively inexpensive. You can usually find them in most craft stores - I bought mine at Michaels (clear stardust is my favourite). What is nice is that they also work great in with my Craft Robo. The metallics are beautiful to use for Christmas cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I tried out the markers at convention (I need to dig out my sample I made). They are not really glittery, but more shiny and super solid. Kind of like the Zig Painty markers in silver and gold. They give a wider/more solid coverage than the gelly roll pens but again, not glittery or sparkly. One cool thing you can do with them though, is use them to paint straight on your stamp like you can with the other SU markers; and it actually works great!

If I can find my sample, I can post here if you are interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWstamperView Post
So, I tried out the markers at convention (I need to dig out my sample I made). They are not really glittery, but more shiny and super solid. Kind of like the Zig Painty markers in silver and gold. They give a wider/more solid coverage than the gelly roll pens but again, not glittery or sparkly. One cool thing you can do with them though, is use them to paint straight on your stamp like you can with the other SU markers; and it actually works great!

If I can find my sample, I can post here if you are interested.
Thanks for the info everyone. And Jennifer, thanks so much for the info about using the markers on stamps, that's good to know. And "shiny" is good, too. Given the reasonable price, I think I will add these to my SU order. Thanks again, and if you ever find the sample, I would love to see it posted.
Reply With Quote Likes