Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why all the shopping for girls?

Hi everyone,
I saw the new Hannah stamps and they are very cute. But I am always wondering (like I am with many of the more girly stamps e.g. Bella, Rubber Romance (?),etc. that they focus a lot on the female shopping (although not always). There is a definite theme for needing the shoes, the bling, the car. And of course, it sells because that is what many young teen girls/women do these days. Shop. So I just answered my own question...people want a sports car, not a hiking boot or bicycle.

I realize this is a symptom of our materialist society. But what does it tell young girls? Why can't Hanna or Bella be scaling a moutain, sailing a ship....KWIM? (yes, Bella is nursing, fishing, a doctor....thank goodness there is this available too in the Bella line).

This girly/shopping stuff is everywhere, but that doesn't mean that the stamping world can't make a change and show girls doing more substantial activities in life, than just shop or look good.We are all affected by materialism to some extent; it is hard not to be. I just wish the focus was less on shopping and more on the truly meaningful things in this world.

I am probably over-reacting and overly sensitive on this issue (they are just stamps for Pete's sake...I know this! :rolleyes: ); Hannah will obviously be doing other activites with the future stamp sets. I just wished the first stamp set could have been her carrying a bunch of books or running a marathon.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It could be also that stamp sets that can be used for birthdays are the most popular - and shopping is one of the themes that can definitely be used for a birthday card! Especially if there is a gift card inside the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 01:54 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidillView Post
I just wished the first stamp set could have been her carrying a bunch of books or running a marathon.
Just wanted to say that, being a complete bibliophile, more great stamps with books (like bookwormabella) would be awesome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

You make a great point.

I am someone who never identified with the whole girl, shoes, purses, shopping thing. The SU young girls stamps always bugged me, they are so girly, hair dryer and pom poms? Not what I want to say about my little girl.

Maybe the creative types aren't that creative with their early releases. They want to make sure it sells so they can get established, and everyone makes shopping stamps, therefore shopping sells, so they start with shopping.

Maybe we can find an artist and start our own line of stamps. We need the harried mom stamps (dishes, laundry, grocery cart if you want a shopping one, and mini van overflowed with book bags and sports equipment) Then we need the sporty and bright young girl line, books and balls and such. Oh I could go on, but I will stop now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:03 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a completely different vision on this topic.. let me share.
I am a career woman.. I have always worked very hard. I was a consultant for a very large Customs Brokerage firm and hope to teach my children the great work ethic that I have learned over the years. I can only speak for myself. My Bellas are the quintessential women (IMHO).. yes, they may be a little 'thin' (as I myself am NOT), but they are beautiful, career oriented AND they are 'girly girls'. There are many different women out there... they are fisherwomen, bakers, doctors, dentists, MOTHERS, workaholics, travellers, POM POM cheerers for their loved ones. It's all about INTERPRETATION. you see what you want to see. Hanna Stamps has just launched one set.. give her a chance . I have been working at this for a year and a half and let me tell you, it has been a blast and I am thrilled and proud with the results. I am so proud with how I depict the bellas. They are every woman. If she doesn't fit you, then why not throw out some inspiration? How do you SEE the woman you want portrayed? I am not too sure what you are looking for. Women shop. Most women LOVE to shop...it's just a woman thang. But women love to do lots of other different things and I think there are stamps out there that can satisfy many needs.
I hope this clarifies things.
Em
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I believe that three of the first four posters stated how they would like to see women portrayed.....as people who have some depth and character and not so much as frenzied consumers!
I, too, have wondered why there are so many shopping stamps. Yes, women shop, but that's only one aspect of most women's lives.
I loved the artwork on the Hanna Stamps, but I'm waiting for future releases before I buy. This theme does nothing for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:32 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

How about a middle-aged woman w/ premenopause
and PMS...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I think you need to give Hanna a chance. We haven't gotten to "know" her yet, just have a glimpse, a first impression (punny, right??), as it were.

Think about how many of our modern icons are ingrained in our brains with shopping bags...Mary Tyler Moore and Marlo Thomas to name two.

Mini hijack: Em, I love how you explained your Bella creativity! And you do have lots of different Bellas to pick from.

Me, personally, I can't stand shopping, I would rather have dental work!

How about a Bella scrubbing toilets? (no, I don't LOVE scrubbing toilets, but my children see me do it weekly...wouldn't that make a great "wish you were here" card?) Baking cookies? Or walking the kids to the school bus stop?

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:46 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was just thinking about this issue the other day. I'm a kayaker and hiker and a stamper. I love being outdoors and I would love my cards to reflect that. Shopper -- not so much. I love the bella stamps and my list of must-haves is a mile long. I love the winetastingbella. And -- I'd be first on line to buy a hikerbella stamp. Or a bikerbella stamp. Or a ski-abella and her fella stamp.... or an "I-can-fix-this-toilet-all-by-myself-bella." ha.

but mostly, a hikerbella.... pleeeeeeze?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey, these companies are in business to make money. That's not a bad thing, that's just how it is. Images of women being pretty and shopping sell.

Anyone care to ask Mattel which Barbie version sold better, Malibu Barbie, or Doctor Barbie? There have been many varied Barbies over the years, but I'd bet my stamping stash that the "fashion" ones always far and away outsold the "career" ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Is there an addictabella? A bella with a laptop and food wrappers laying around her feet? I like the shoppybellas...oooh, how bout a Walmartabella? She would have a whole cart full of stuff and kind of a glazed over look. But back to OP, I've noticed even w/ SU! that the sporty stamps are very male oriented, but miss the stuff like running and other non-ball sports.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:22 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

Received 1,045 Likes on 789 Posts

I would love the Walmartabella....how funny! She would have to have a fountain Diet Coke in her hand too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidillView Post
Hi everyone,
I saw the new Hannah stamps and they are very cute. But I am always wondering (like I am with many of the more girly stamps e.g. Bella, Rubber Romance (?),etc. that they focus a lot on the female shopping (although not always). There is a definite theme for needing the shoes, the bling, the car. And of course, it sells because that is what many young teen girls/women do these days. Shop. So I just answered my own question...people want a sports car, not a hiking boot or bicycle.

I realize this is a symptom of our materialist society. But what does it tell young girls? Why can't Hanna or Bella be scaling a moutain, sailing a ship....KWIM? (yes, Bella is nursing, fishing, a doctor....thank goodness there is this available too in the Bella line).

This girly/shopping stuff is everywhere, but that doesn't mean that the stamping world can't make a change and show girls doing more substantial activities in life, than just shop or look good.We are all affected by materialism to some extent; it is hard not to be. I just wish the focus was less on shopping and more on the truly meaningful things in this world.

I am probably over-reacting and overly sensitive on this issue (they are just stamps for Pete's sake...I know this! :rolleyes: ); Hannah will obviously be doing other activites with the future stamp sets. I just wished the first stamp set could have been her carrying a bunch of books or running a marathon.

Maybe they are shopping to relax because they are truly exhausted after doing meaningful things like; rockclimbing, sailing, running a marathon, reading the World Book Encyclopedia, running the world and cashing their checks from running their Fortune 500 companies...;)

It's all in perception
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

I am probably the biggest advocate of girl power that I know. However, I had a different take when I looked at Hanna Stamps than you did. I looked that them and smiled. My first thought was "Go Girl" you made some great stamps that will make a lot of people smile. I have never met her, but I was really proud of her for making a big dream come true. I actually feel the same way about Gina K, Nicole (paper tray), and Em with her Bellas. I think that is why I have moved to supporting these ladies rather than other companies. That and the fact they have GREAT stamps. I actually have trouble with using some of the career-specific stamps regularly. Some of the girlie shopping stamps let me cross lines for all of my friends regardless of jobs and interest.

So the bottom line is I applaud you for sharing how you feel. I also agree that we need to do more for encouraging our girls to be all they can. I just wanted to share a perspective that merges those two ideas.

Congrats to all the ladies on this board that have merged their passion and careers.

Kate

My Blog - Just me and the dog (stamping too)

My little gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Somewhere in the middle...closer to there, nearer to here...

An interesting question posed by the OP...but there is also the issue with the "boy" stamps being all about sports. I think there are stereotypes about genders and stamp companies use that information in their development process. It makes sense. Personally, I think there are different tastes and so many companies to choose from that if you don't like a stamp...don't buy it and there will probably be another stamp that you do like My two sons are not your typical boys and neither of them is into sports in the least, so I just skip over the sports sets...my daughter is not a shopper nor a girly girl so I skip over those stamps.

My 182.5 day Photo Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:01 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuixoticView Post
Just wanted to say that, being a complete bibliophile, more great stamps with books (like bookwormabella) would be awesome
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! I haven't bought a Bella yet, but if there were a bookwormabella, I'd be the first to order her!!!

Just in general, I'd love to see more reading/book-themed stamps, including a set from SU. Too much of the little that's out there on books is vintage-y, like reading is old fashioned or something. Say it isn't so!

In response to the OP, I hear you, sister! But stamping is a business, responds to market concerns, and selling stamps about shopping promotes buying stamps about shopping, LOL! Perhaps we should send e-mails to the companies we like and ask for more modern images of girls and women.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamping BellaView Post
I have a completely different vision on this topic.. let me share.
I am a career woman.. I have always worked very hard. I was a consultant for a very large Customs Brokerage firm and hope to teach my children the great work ethic that I have learned over the years. I can only speak for myself. My Bellas are the quintessential women (IMHO).. yes, they may be a little 'thin' (as I myself am NOT), but they are beautiful, career oriented AND they are 'girly girls'. There are many different women out there... they are fisherwomen, bakers, doctors, dentists, MOTHERS, workaholics, travellers, POM POM cheerers for their loved ones. It's all about INTERPRETATION. you see what you want to see. Hanna Stamps has just launched one set.. give her a chance . I have been working at this for a year and a half and let me tell you, it has been a blast and I am thrilled and proud with the results. I am so proud with how I depict the bellas. They are every woman. If she doesn't fit you, then why not throw out some inspiration? How do you SEE the woman you want portrayed? I am not too sure what you are looking for. Women shop. Most women LOVE to shop...it's just a woman thang. But women love to do lots of other different things and I think there are stamps out there that can satisfy many needs.
I hope this clarifies things.
Em
Actually I made a point in my thread that the Bella line does have a doctor, nurse, fishing; there is a golfer, a booka bella. I also stated that I was sure Hannah would be doing different things as well, so I am giving her a chance. My point was that I wished the shopping "I need it" theme was not quite so prevalent. But I understand it is about marketing. I would just like to see a shift some day. But as I also stated....they are just stamps! I have to keep it in perspective. It was an opinion on something that I just wanted to talk about.

MY GALLERY

Last edited by denidill; 10-14-2007 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: spelling, sentence addition
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! I haven't bought a Bella yet, but if there were a bookwormabella, I'd be the first to order her!!!
There IS one! It's on the fifth row of Bellas here:
http://www.stampingbella.com/index.php?cPath=23
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 AM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
There IS one! It's on the fifth row of Bellas here:
http://www.stampingbella.com/index.php?cPath=23
Thanks, Sophie! Em already pm'd me, and I've placed my order for her. It's really the stacks of books beside her that just called to me--and the big ol' smile on her face! Bless her heart, she and I are gonna have a blast together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 AM   #20  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a really interesting discussion topic!! This is partly the reason I tend to go with Penny Black, the new Stampendous line - Ollie and Olivia -( they have one with Ollie reading a book), as well as house mouse and Happy Hoppers.. They transcend gender lines ( often times ) and portray non shopping activities. Using * creatures * - well , generally they are not male or female - just how you interpret it... That said, I was just looking at book a bella and I think I'll be ordering... is there running bella or gym bella???

But , I am just planning to make a couple of cards for my little neices who recently started grade 1 - and I am going to use the new Ollie Reads stamp from stampendous ( an owl ) ... Not all girls are girly girls - plus - I can use that stamp for girls or guys... there is something to be said for * creatures* LOL!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcculloView Post
I am probably the biggest advocate of girl power that I know. However, I had a different take when I looked at Hanna Stamps than you did. I looked that them and smiled. My first thought was "Go Girl" you made some great stamps that will make a lot of people smile. I have never met her, but I was really proud of her for making a big dream come true. I actually feel the same way about Gina K, Nicole (paper tray), and Em with her Bellas. I think that is why I have moved to supporting these ladies rather than other companies. That and the fact they have GREAT stamps. I actually have trouble with using some of the career-specific stamps regularly. Some of the girlie shopping stamps let me cross lines for all of my friends regardless of jobs and interest.

So the bottom line is I applaud you for sharing how you feel. I also agree that we need to do more for encouraging our girls to be all they can. I just wanted to share a perspective that merges those two ideas.

Congrats to all the ladies on this board that have merged their passion and careers.

Kate
I so agree with you! I love all of the bella stamps and some of the other career oriented stamps that I've seen, but I too would have trouble using some of the career specific stamps. I have not bought the career specific stamps even though I think they are precious because I would really be limited in what I could use them for, but the shopping or girly girl stamps are much more versatile for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that this is an interesting discussion.

I love the girl shopping stamps. I don't have very many of them, but I love them nonetheless.

It's funny. I'm a lawyer and my best friend is a judge. I send her cards with the shopping theme, but wouldn't get the lawyer bella. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it is because I think of law as kind of the "must do to get the stamps (shop!!)" side of my life.

I don't have a daughter so maybe I would feel differently if I did. Definitely food for thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Kate
Kate---I just read this and thought it was one of the sweetest things. I, like you, love supporting these wonderfully creative women who have taken the risk and started thier own companies. It is not an easy road I am sure.

I LOVE their stamps, their unique styles and I love supporting them because they support SCS. Kim from My Favorite Things is another who started her own company and also has an adorable shopping girls stamp!

Your post was so great! Thanks for sharing another perspective.

As far as the shoppers....I agree--they are great for those of us who are shoppers or who make cards for those who love to shop. Also, they are fabulous (as mentioned above) for birthdays and celebrations. They are pretty versatile.

But if it is not your thing--good news...there are so many stamps out there--I am sure there are many that would suit your needs

Sadly (hanging head in shame) these stamps totally pertain to me....I just envision the bags saying "My Favorite Things", "Papertrey Ink." "Gina K. Designs" "Jacksonbelle Store", "Hobby Lobby", "Inkadinkadoo", "Rubber Stampede", "Hanna Stamps", "Bellas".....I could go on for days....but you get the point;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Kate
Aww, shucks! You made my day. I appreciate your comment here and your support of my compnay and I know the other ladies do as well.

And a quick note to Denise, who I love so much, by the way-

Denise, you never know what's right around the corner that may be just what you're looking for. That's all I can share. LOL! ;)
Hugs,
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I have to admit I am also not a big shopper so all those stamps do nothing for me. I've noticed that the bella line does have a lot of other sets though that don't fall into that category.

Personally, I'm really into distance running and have been bugging all the stamp companies to come out with female athelte stamps. Have heard back from the rubber romance crew that there is actually a set being tweaked to perection. Can't wait!

Bottom line though, there is no shame in being a strong, confident, smart, beautiful - inside and out- woman who gets her kicks from a stack of shopping bags. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmd95View Post
I have to admit I am also not a big shopper so all those stamps do nothing for me. I've noticed that the bella line does have a lot of other sets though that don't fall into that category.

Personally, I'm really into distance running and have been bugging all the stamp companies to come out with female athelte stamps. Have heard back from the rubber romance crew that there is actually a set being tweaked to perection. Can't wait!

Bottom line though, there is no shame in being a strong, confident, smart, beautiful - inside and out- woman who gets her kicks from a stack of shopping bags. ;)
Well said! I guess I'm a bit biased since I love to shop (I'm a stamper after all!) but also agree that there is much more to life that can be represented in the stamping world (I am a woman after all!). As a mom, wife, pet owner, business owner, home owner, friend and sister, I think we are all more capable than we give ourselves credit for! I love how the Bella's are in so many different scenes and situations that speak to all of us, and I'm sure this is just the beginning! And I can't wait to see what Gina K. has up her sleeve! There are too many great minds out there (ahem...right here on scs!)contributing to the marketplace not to have every facet of womanhood well represented!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

I do think the first Hanna stamp set is very cute. I probably won't buy it, but I will be looking out for the other sets they bring out.

Something else I would love to see is more variety in the dogs depicted in stamps. I love, and am planning to buy the MFT "Let's Go For a Walk" set, because of the dogs portrayed, but I would love to see more like that. A Bella with a Bull Terrier or Boxer or Bull Mastiff or Great Dane (etc etc etc) would be *awesome* :mrgreen: Quirky stamps with "non-standard" (i.e. not fluffy or toy) dogs are what I crave, although I guess I'm possibly in a minority! I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and would adore a quirky, fun, Staffy stamp.

I haven't actually used my bookwormabella stamp on a card yet, although I have stamped her and coloured her in. I think I may actually have to make a bookmark or two using her. She really is lovely. More bookish stamps, please!

I do love the style and range of the Bella stamps, you've done a fab job Em! As Kate said so well - it's a pleasure to support companies like Stamping Bella.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by koopdedooView Post
Me, personally, I can't stand shopping, I would rather have dental work!

Kathy
Kathy, I would rather do anything in the world than go to the dentist but shopping is one of my favorite things - maybe we can work a deal :mrgreen:

Hi jack over..........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #29  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Shopping images can be different things to different people based on what Hanna and Shopabella or whoever has in her bag, too! Maybe in addition to the high heel pictured in the accessory stamp there are... hiking boots! One of those bags could easily be from REI or a Timberland store. And certainly from the local independent bookseller (Hanna would probably be willing to pay a little extra for her IBS to stay in business, rather than support a big chain...). And you know, you just know, she has stamps in there!

I'm making light of this, though I do see OP's point. I think whenever you have a female figure in a stamp image, as a stamper you subconsciously wonder "Do I identify with this?" If you do, it's hard to resist, but if you don't... she won't necessarily make it into your online cart. I think that's part of Stamping Bellas' (and thus Emily's) genius -- she covers lots and lots of bases with the Bellas. (And in the interest of full disclosure: I have 10 Bellas, 8 or so RR Divas, and I'm awaiting my Hanna set as I write this! Clearly, the notion of a shopper is something I can relate to, much to my DH's chagrin!) Still, if you've been around the forums for a little while, you know that even the Bellas -- the every gal of the stamping world as Emily said upthread -- have come under fire for being so svelte! I have been a busy consumer of stamps who hasn't taken up the challenge of starting my own line of stamps, but I imagine that must be a truly daunting task. In stamping, as in life, it's impossible to be all things to all people. But based on the images I've seen associated with Hanna Stamps! OTHER THAN the "But I Need It..." line -- the jumping-with-glee girl in the big banner, and the girl laying on her tummy with her feet in air behind her on the small banner -- I predict that Hanna will pan out to be a very interesting character with a lot more substance and things to do than shop! She's just getting started, and who knows the places she'll go and where WE stampers will take her?!

So this is what I'm saying in my typical, long-winded fashion: manufacturers just MAKE the images, and while that's a lot, it's just the beginning. The real fun of an image or set to me is how much further can I take it from there? What can I do with it that hasn't been done before? I love the Hanna as Dorothy on the Yellow Brick Road, Hanna as Elphaba from Wicked, Hanna as a Witch, Hanna on a Weenie Roast, etc. that I've seen in the gallery. Yes, at first glance she's shopping, but then what?! That's up to us!

I just wish mine would hurry up and get here, because I have a lot of plans up my sleeve for her...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMaView Post
So this is what I'm saying in my typical, long-winded fashion: manufacturers just MAKE the images, and while that's a lot, it's just the beginning. The real fun of an image or set to me is how much further can I take it from there? What can I do with it that hasn't been done before? I love the Hanna as Dorothy on the Yellow Brick Road, Hanna as Elphaba from Wicked, Hanna as a Witch, Hanna on a Weenie Roast, etc. that I've seen in the gallery. Yes, at first glance she's shopping, but then what?! That's up to us!
That's an excellent point, well made. I haven't seen those examples in the gallery yet - will have to have a poke around for them over a cup of tea in the morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

I want to see a Big Macabella. You know, the girl stuffing her face with 1,000 calories and a DIET Coke. Of coure, her butt would be a little bigger than the regular bella. I would SOOOOOO buy this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #32  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoStampsView Post
How about a middle-aged woman w/ premenopause
and PMS...lol
They have those Check here: Eunice
I love that lady!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just have to say that I love the girly stamp images! Honestly, I work very hard at my job- often 12 hours a day or more and if I make, send or receive a card- I do not want it to be anything about my job! I want it to be about something fun. I think shopping is fun- but there are other things that are fun too. I love the images of girls getting together for wine and coffee walking dogs or reading. But I also would love the atheltic girls too. (although I am not athletic). Usually I stamp inanimate objects (like flowers). But if my friend(s) sent me a card with a fuel truck or a computer (unless the computer was on SCS...)on it - they would totally be in trouble with me!!

Stamping for me is a way to break away from all the seriousness of the world. I have enough reality checks throughout the day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089View Post
I want to see a Big Macabella. You know, the girl stuffing her face with 1,000 calories and a DIET Coke. Of coure, her butt would be a little bigger than the regular bella. I would SOOOOOO buy this.
They haven't made a stamp of me yet!! :rolleyes: LOL!!

Sorry- that just totally cracks me up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

I would like to think that girls can be smart and love shopping at the same time. I think we can have it all

Stamping is by its very nature materialistic. We buy and buy and buy. We could be using potato wedges and food dye ya know :P We even commonly use "hoarding" in our terminology. I think the shopping, materialistic stamps apply to that part of our nature. But (hopefully) we are all much more than that as stampers. It is just an outlet and a way to make silly cards making fun of that part of us. I know I am rambling but I hope my point came across lol.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

I love all these stamps. I have purchased Hanna and can't wait to get her. My plans are to not ink up the bags but add a quilt, book, musical instruments etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

I just love all of this talk....
I am Kristi the very Proud Owner of Hanna Stamps.
I really think it unfair to sum my entire line of Hanna Stamps up with the 1st set.
I do have big plans for her, and no it is not all about shopping. I am having her do many many other things in the stamp line that does not involve shopping and make up.
I am an ER/Trauma nurse in the city of Detroit MI. I have done things that are surely not shopping and make up in my field. I have quit my job and have devoted my entire life to the Hanna Stamps. I named them after my own daughter Hanna. If I had a boy, then maybe the stamps would be name something different and would be all boy stuff.
But seeing how this is my 1st stamp set, marking the entire line off as todays young woman thingy is a bit much. I am very proud of these and like I said, I have more up my sleeve then just hair and make up.
)

My blog @
www.kreationsbykrissy.com

TIMMY HO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristi LynnView Post
I do have big plans for her, and no it is not all about shopping. I am having her do many many other things in the stamp line that does not involve shopping and make up.
)
Hi Kristi
I know you probably do have lots of things planned for Hannah. That' why I said in my initial post that I thought there would be lots more to Hannah to come. It was a comment about materialism in stamping and I couldn't think of too many girly-stamps and Hannah and Bella was all that popped to mind.

I remember when I was 13 and shopping was pretty big for me. I do admit that. I just think that shopping for many girls now a days is so excessive. I remember hearing, after 9-11, that the western world was saying "we need to get back to basics". I just don't see it happening and I think it is kinda sad.

That being said, I have choices and I just don't choose the shopping stamps. The Hannah stamps are very well drawn! I wish you the best of luck!!

MY GALLERY

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #39  
Glitter Queen

Hi Girlies,
I've been hiding for the last couple of weeks and watching your every little move. I have to say I am learning so much. I'm embarrassed to confess that a few months ago I didn't even know about you and your sublime talent. I am so glad that I've had the opportunity to get to know you and your work and I hope that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

I am so glad that Kristi opened my eyes and shoved SCS under my nose. Now I run to the computer to peek at your fab artwork every morning, it's the first thing I do while I'm waiting for the tea pot to whistle. I am quickly becoming a stamping junkie, and while I've yet to put stamp to ink to paper, I feel the itching in my fingers. Over the last couple of weeks I have been overwhelmed by your attention to detail, your vivid imagination and your superior color combinations. You're doing things with our first Hanna Stamps! set that I would never dream of.

I thought that maybe it would be ok if I jumped in on this thread. I don't want to step on any toes, but let me assure you that there is a true vision for the Hanna Stamps! They will be girly and sweet but they won't be weak! Kristi and I are very excited to bring you a little something flirty and a little something fun. I've been drawing cute, sexy, sweet for years. As a working illustrator I was exhilarated to find a forum for women who love women and girls who are as blythe as they are driven. I wasn't aware of the number of shopping girls in your arsenal, but I don't think that there's anything wrong with adding another to your queue. I'm not a crazy shopper, but sometimes when it's just me and my girlfriends I really wish I could blow my fiscal responsibility out the door and grab a charge card. This need to shop does not define us, and it doesn't define Hanna Stamps! We really did want our first set to be a set that could appeal to everyone. I thought this set had a lot of possibilities, but after seeing your cards I can see that they're endless. Thank you for all of your support. I've been so thrilled to see the sweet comments and can't wait to show you where we're going from here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristi LynnView Post
I have quit my job and have devoted my entire life to the Hanna Stamps.
*jaw drops* WOW!!! That is devotion and courage!!!! I so admire that! I wish you the best of luck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes