Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #281  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is why you have so much snow - we were a mere 5 miles north of the Blizzard conditions from that system. it bypassed all of Long Island. There was so little snow you wouldn't even call it a dusting.

I agree, it does take a while to find your own way, especially when you see so many beautiful samples! I just like that I can go to something and KNOW it will look great when I'm done, even if I manage to screw something up, lol!! I have never been a fan of the SU pattern designs but CTMH's really suit me 98% of the time.

BTST Sandy, we feel your pain and are cheering for your freedom form the extra clutter!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Matboard Maniac

Thanks everyone. The purging has begun. The bed in the spare room is full of stuff and I am not done yet. My stamping space was in a large room that also had the play room and my school stuff, as I work in a school. Had a ton of stuff from school haven't used in a while. Cleaned it all out. Still working on the craft stuff but I have made a very good dent. cleaned out a bunch of stamps and have a pile on the counter to take a look at again in the morning. Some I should have put in that pile and didn't and some I may take back out as I don't want to pay big bucks to get them again. tell myself get rid of a ton now and then can slowly get rid of more. My smaller tidy stamp space is in the other bedroom off of the family room. I think I may just take five of those stamp sets that I am pretty sure I need to keep into that room for a couple of weeks and play with them, if it doesn't happen or I don't like the results it can be sold and I can take a few more in. It is funny when I was setting everything up I have one drawer with some SU dsp in it and a small photo box with SU cardstock cut up in it. Kept looking at it like it shouldn't be in there. We will see, better get back at it. Tomorrow I hope to tackle all of the albums and see what I can do.
Have a good night everyone,
Sandy
Pearl-ExPert

Have not stamped all weekend, it would have been a good wkend to do that....but I've been facinated with the snow. We have about 28" here, the digging out has begun, but we still aren't finished, and will try to finish it tomorrow. Our plow has not been thru, so our road still has about 18" in it, so no one has even driven by our house, cause they can't get thru! We've been nesting though, I made pancakes for breakfast this a.m, and chili with grilled cheese for dinner!! I honestly don't think we'll be going anywhere tomorrow either!! So maybe I'll at least make a card!! Lela...your card is very pretty!! Karen
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Thanks!

Thanks Karen! I used Andrew's Directions except I didn't have "brown bag" so I used Chocolate.

Sandy, I don't know what you decided about albums but I kept my CM ones and just finished them. When I was done filling them, I switched to CTMH.
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

We lost power late Friday night and today is the day of truth. Is the electricity coming back on today or am I going to find a hotel room somewhere. But I have not done anything either and I have mojo to do!!!! Maybe, maybe today.

Good luck everyone with the snow and hope everyone is safe.

My "Small" Gallery
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Fun!

Woohoo! I used my Jingle Creative Basics Set for some Valentines. I really like the CB packs. It works great to have matching paper and ribbon in one pack for projects!

From the Heart
Matboard Maniac

Good evening, hope you may have had a creative weekend and hope everyone in areas of heavy snow are keeping warm and out of the wintery outdoors. Sandy glad to hear you are having a start on reducing your crafting stash and hope you feel it will all worthwhile by cutting out on things you dont want anymore.
Did anyone participate in CINDYS weekend challenges check out what Cindys been up to making cards and scrapbook layouts, for details see page 7 previous postings.
regards Andrew
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking oh YEAH

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
Good evening, hope you may have had a creative weekend and hope everyone in areas of heavy snow are keeping warm and out of the wintery outdoors. Sandy glad to hear you are having a start on reducing your crafting stash and hope you feel it will all worthwhile by cutting out on things you dont want anymore.
Did anyone participate in CINDYS weekend challenges check out what Cindys been up to making cards and scrapbook layouts, for details see page 7 previous postings.
regards Andrew
Thanks for the reminder Andrew! I did Cindy's Snow Challenge #1 & #2 now I'm moving to Challenge #4, scrapping I'll be back to post!
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking How Fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Thanks for the reminder Andrew! I did Cindy's Snow Challenge #1 & #2 now I'm moving to Challenge #4, scrapping I'll be back to post!
Cindy has very fun challenges! I finished 2 of them. I was working on the scrapping one but my picts didn't work for the challenge so I'm looking for some new picts for that one Here's the first 2:

My Tweet

Happy Heart
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone hope the weather is behaving itself i know many have had lots of snow again, its very cold here in the UK foercast for next few days, of mixed weather, ideal time to stay indoors and do some creativity.
About 7 years ago i developed a technique called Tin foil andf Pigment ink technique this simple technique can be used for cards or scrapbook layouts.
You simply need aluminium tin Foil and a good pigment pad, ie versamark and your choice of embossing powder. To see a variation Cindy produced a card this last weekend, its in the CTMH gallery and also her blog it can be a simple card or more in depth.
The CTMH beautiful level 2 papers could be used by stamping the forementioned technique onto any specific area . just dont overheat the paper its thinner than working on card.
Veranda is a perfect paper to do this technique on, i would use gold embossing powder cocoa and a verdigis similar to juniper. This gives the paper an aged look.
if anyone is interested i can post the step by step instructions on the is thread.
Regards Andrew
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking oh YEAH

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
Hi everyone hope the weather is behaving itself i know many have had lots of snow again, its very cold here in the UK foercast for next few days, of mixed weather, ideal time to stay indoors and do some creativity.
About 7 years ago i developed a technique called Tin foil andf Pigment ink technique this simple technique can be used for cards or scrapbook layouts.
You simply need aluminium tin Foil and a good pigment pad, ie versamark and your choice of embossing powder. To see a variation Cindy produced a card this last weekend, its in the CTMH gallery and also her blog it can be a simple card or more in depth.
The CTMH beautiful level 2 papers could be used by stamping the forementioned technique onto any specific area . just dont overheat the paper its thinner than working on card.
Veranda is a perfect paper to do this technique on, i would use gold embossing powder cocoa and a verdigis similar to juniper. This gives the paper an aged look.
if anyone is interested i can post the step by step instructions on the is thread.
Regards Andrew
I saw Cindy's card and it was very pretty...neat technique! I want to give it a try. I just ordered re-inker for my Versamark which arrived here today so I'll be trying it soon.

My DH & I are chatting on the phone today and he tells me the UPS guy came early :eek: Good, that means my CTMH order arrived but I had to go the rest of the day waiting to play! I think my he did it on purpose.

My textured c/s arrived (yummy) and I ordered "You Rock" paper to scrap some picts of my teenage son & his friends!
Rubber Obsessor

Andrew and all other CTMH fans,
Check out the newest Art and Soul episode on the CTMH website today. It features the new Topstitch collection. Another great episode!
Pearl-ExPert

How many of these threads I've read and I'm always amazed at the "SU hurts people" comments before or during an inquiry about CTMH. I'm not a demo for either, I'm a crafter. But I can tell you that SU DID generously donate to our ministry where CTMH wouldn't give me the time of day because I wasn't a demo. In my book, that says they aren't quite the humanitarian outfit that SU is? AND YET, I still buy from both because both still have quality products I like! Whoever keeps posting the "bad SU" stuff, why not write them directly and see if you can get some relief over your emotional entanglement that doesn't seem to lessen with time? Just my suggestion? Like I said, I'm not a demo but dang, must we really bash another company in order to sing the praises of one?
Stazon Splitcoast

((Leslie)), I think if you read on from the first page, you'll see that even if the thread had a shaky start, it has been over the last several pages a very nice thread. No worries! In fact, if you do read on, you'll come across several links to some great projects!
Pearl-ExPert

Frankly I didn't deserve that outrage in any fashion. I won't be reading on and will be very careful in the future about reading anything by particular OP's. Personal attacks on me because I bothered to post? really?
Matboard Maniac

Its not nice is it when somone decides to call a company just because they did not donate to a ministry , do you know we are in a recession still , times are hard for all not just crafting companies . If you had any intent of praises that would have been gladly thanked by me, but no you had to enlarge on how non charitable CTMH was how pathetic a statement . At this moment in time children do apreciate the kindness of Janette Lynton money goes to Operation smile regularly and also 2 dollars from every single purchased pack of 12 x 12 textured cardstock is donated to Haiti . I do think somowhere along the line you are angry with CTMH beause they did not give to your Ministry. If you are not happy then you donate and that way you will feel some kind of self fulfilment.

Like Betzy says this thread is getting interesting, Why because i give up my time to encourage and share with like minded people and i do give respect when i have the respect of others and i dont speak out of turn until somone is deliberately causing trouble.
I wish the thread to carry on if thats ok .

Thanks to all the regular contributers keep up the good work and interesting posting as we try to do.
thanks Andrew

Last edited by andrew overton; 02-09-2010 at 12:50 PM..
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallnPetalView Post
Like I said, I'm not a demo but dang, must we really bash another company in order to sing the praises of one?
No, we don't.

I'm glad you had a great charity experience with SU, and it's great to know that there are still companies willing to donate to good causes. Of course, it is up to each company to determine what is a good cause and how much they will donate per year. Not defending, just offering up a possible explaination.

At the risk of sounding nasty - which I DO NOT mean to, but you know how the wrttien word can come off sometimes - I would LOVE IT if you would find those nasty SU biatches that sent me inapproprate & rude PMs for mentioning CTMH on a thread (that was not an SUO thread.) I use both. I buy both. And more, lol. I am a Consultant for 1. It works for me, it works for many others. Then there are those people, from all companies, that give you the kiss of death for considering mixing products.

I'm also pretty sure that whole "SU should take back the Boards" movement a few months ago had some one-track minded people there, too. At least from what I read. Never did understand why they would want to limit themselves to one line of product ONLY. I mean, isn't there a "crafting culutral diffusion" going on here?

BUT...we all still have the right to like who we do, dislike who we don't, and share our opinions. And as long as there are non-SU bashers out there, there will be SU bashers out there, too.

And I like having a CTMH thread. The SUO people did it, and I hopr it's respected by non-SU users. Just as I hope this thread is for non-CTMH users/fans.

Sorry for typos.
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

First off, let me say Thank You to all of the wonderful people who made such nice references to my Snow Challenge, my cards and to those who participated. It was such fun for me. I had to check several galleries in order to view all of the entries. :o) I really appreciate the support. And, isn't that what it is all about? Supporting each others creative efforts....I do so love to chat and learn and view the work of every one. :o)

Since there is already 2 inches of fresh snow in Philadelphia, I think I'll post at least one more challenge tomorrow. If you haven't heard, Philadelphia was hit with 28 inches of snow over the weekend and it is predicted that we will receive 18 to 24 more inches by this time tomorrow. AHHHHH....It is the most snow that Philadelphia has ever gotten in a season. We had 23 inches in December.

BTW - Lela, you have mail!

Stay safe everyone!
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
Embossing Fanatic

I'm not very familiar with my company, a friend has a couple of albums and tools from them and I've used them and been pretty happy. But just my 2cents, I think any product like CTMH, SU, and CM are pretty special. Since the sellers are also the users. So I truly think that helps. Because you know all about your company and the products.
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Kathy for the update on the NEW Art and Soul on the CTMH website, if anyone is unfamiliar with the Art and Soul usually every second tuesday of the month a new episode is there for our delights. The theme changes and varies from month to month this month features the Topstitch a melody of colours in Baby pink, chocolate and heavenly Blue any one who is a consultant or just like me a very keen fan and customer to CTMH products, will have seen the new products, in the current Spring 2010 catalogue check it out on line. The vt on Art and Soul usually differs on time sometimes it last up to 17 mins this episode i think is nealy 11mins long.
If anyone is wanting a variation on theme with the Topstitch try a different technique besides the Emboss Resist featured on the Art and soul episode the following post next will give directions on an alternative stay tuned.
Matboard Maniac

wanting something a little different want to use something inexpensive which all of have in our kitchen well this technique called TIN FOIL AND PIGMENT INK TECHNIQUE will just give you a simplistic but effective background quite inexpensively.
if Anyone viewed CINDYS card a softer background was produced using versamark and clear embossing powder, if you check out the Company Galleries and tap on the CTMH you will see projects in their.
ON HERE THE WHO LOVES CLOSE TO MY HEART AN WHY we as a community of CTMH fans are about caring and sharing and if you are new welcome this might be your new start to CTMH.
The following supplies you will need to make the TIN FOIL EMBOSSING TECHNIQUE

Aluminium tin foil aprox piece 10 inch square
Chosen embossing powder
pigment ink versamark is good
heat tool
protective worksheet

Choose a heavy weight cardstock otherwise your card will curl up, take a piece of tin foil carefully srunch up in the hand but not tight make sure you have plenty of crinkles and wrinkles these are what gives the final result.
dab into your pigment pad liberally well coat it then tap lightly onto cardstock of choice cover a whole sheet say of 8 1/2 by 11 inches by repeating yourself the forementioned.
when the card is completely covered in pattern and ink, throw liberally your embossing powder over the whole sheet of card.
Next clean any messy areas down with a small paintbrush and heat set watch this wonderful effect take place , you could use this technique with the new Topstitch but try also a variation by using gold embosing powder onto a sheet of Veranda from a level 2 paper packet by CTMH. Be careful not to scorch your paper when heat setting. useing the juniper paper or garden Green, will allow gold highlights of heat set crackle effect of gold embossing to contrast well with the darker paper colours.

Have Fun creating with this technique which i developed some 7 years ago post your creations so we can all see .
many Thanks
Andrew

Last edited by andrew overton; 02-10-2010 at 03:04 AM..
Pearl-ExPert

All I can say is....I'm a demo for the ANGEL COMPANY, but I still love coming to this thread!! LOL... I love CTMH products, I don't limit myself to my own company, and I love Andrews' ideas, techniques, and open mindedness!! Let's keep this thread going!! Cindy....I'm heading into your blog now... I have't visited it in a few days!! We got hit hard last weekend with snow....Like Philadelphia....we received 28" last wkend, and we are in the midst of receiveing up to another 24"!! Just keep us all in prayer that we don't lose power, so everyone can stay warm and safe!! It's a great day to do some of Andrew's techniques, and create some wonderful cards and layouts!! HAPPY STAMPING EVERYONE!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

This snow in the Mid-Atlantic States is a mess....Karen, I see you are Maryland/Delaware....you are getting it worse that we are in Philly! For fun, I've posted another Snow Challenge on my blog. Enjoy and everyone stay safe!
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
Pearl-ExPert

Cindy....I just pray when this snow begins to melt, it melts slowly....it has to go somewhere....can you imagine the ground and streets if we get a warm day, and the run-off mess we will have???? I am also keeping our homeless in prayer....there are so many less fortunate than I am, and at least we are safe and warm...K
Stampin' Fool

I am impartial. I'm an author who likes to make cards in my very little free time and I love both SU and CTMH. They're both wonderful companies, but you all made me do it. I've been wanting the CTMH wishes book for a long time. I have Cherish but I don't scrapbook anymore, no time. Of course, I couldn't just stop at the book. I also bought the textured cardstock because you get one free and the February stamp of the month. Why did I come to this post, lol. cropcandy.com has a monthly kit that I'm going to sign up for. I figure why not. I don't have to leave home and go to a monthly get together. That didn't work too well when I was signed up for an SU demo's club. I don't have any free time between having my regular engineering day job, and authoring several books to mess with that. Now off I go to edit what should have been edited two months ago, lol. I thank you and of course, my hubby thanks you. Really he won't know about the order until it comes, lol.
Pearl-ExPert

Terri....it's tough to fit the urge to buy so many wonderful items!! I'm impartial too! Too many things to choose from, and I just don't have any self control!! Have fun with your kits....you'll enjoy them at your own pace!!
Rubber Obsessor

Karen,
Where in Delaware are you located? I live in Red Lion. Just curious!!
Pearl-ExPert

I'm in the ELDERSBURG/SYKESVILLE area. Where is Red Lion? I'm not familiar with that area. It's still snowing here....we now have received close to 2 ft. in the last 24 hrs...on top of the 28" we received 3 days ago!! This is definately the storm of the century!!
Pearl-ExPert

OOOPS...Kathy, I miss-read your message. We have a condo at Bethany Beach...my first reply was where we are located in Maryland!! The snow is getting to me!! LOL
Watercolor Wizard

CIndy - your card (on blog) is great! Too busy shoveling between systems to create myself, but looking forward to trying Andrew's technique!
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YAY!

I had finished my scrapbook page for Cindy's 3rd challenge but didn't get it posted the other night...here it is:

Mom & Baby

I used Cindy's Challenge - Reflection Sketch pg 35 & CTMH Expedition paper

I am going to try Andrew's technique ... how fun! I liked it on Cindy's Blue & White card!! Last night I broke into my newest paper "You Rock". I have teenage sons and it's SO perfect for these picts! I'll post to my gallery later.

It's still snowing here too! At one point today I was on the highway, only 1 lane semi-cleared, going 30 mph. We got 12 inches again Mon/Tue and another 6 today but we're getting high wind now so it's causing drifts. They are warning of another "snow day" tomorrow....:rolleyes:

Off to check out Cindy's latest Snow Challenge!
Pearl-ExPert

Lela...what a FABULOUS job you did on that scrapbook page!! It's a great set for the ellie, and her baby!! It's adorable, and you did a great job!! thanks for sharing it with us!!
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Lela...what a FABULOUS job you did on that scrapbook page!! It's a great set for the ellie, and her baby!! It's adorable, and you did a great job!! thanks for sharing it with us!!
I really appreciate you saying that, I love that paper for zoo pages. I've almost used it up though.
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking here's mine

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleekNHAView Post
This snow in the Mid-Atlantic States is a mess....Karen, I see you are Maryland/Delaware....you are getting it worse that we are in Philly! For fun, I've posted another Snow Challenge on my blog. Enjoy and everyone stay safe!
I finished my Challenge Cards Cindy! :mrgreen:

Happy Endings
*This card sketch is from CTMH Originals Pg 99*

You Hold My Heart
*I cased a card I got today*
Rubber Obsessor

Lela and Cindy,
I am really loving all your beautiful CTMH creations. You are pushing me over the edge to sign as a demo!

Karen,
Bethany Beach is awesome! We live in Rehoboth in the summer. Maybe I'll see you at a stamp/scrap event at the beach sometime!

Andrew,
Way to keep this thread going strong!!
Matboard Maniac

Thanks to all the regular contributers here on the CTMH community thread its hard to believe this thread has only been going only just over a couple months. without everyones CTMH contributions and postings it would sadly have disappeared.

This thread is about Close To MY Heart and not all the people who come here and post nice comments are CTMH sole users of their products , CTMH make a great array of product, but it is impossible to craft just from one company , but the mainstay product line offered by CTMH is extremely crafter friendly.
many people love the simplistic coordination of their paper packs for cardmaking and scrapbooking and hopefully more people will try a taste of CTMH.

KATHY if you feel you want to branch out to become a consultant get in touch with some of the people on here who contribute who are consultants, i dont want to direct you to specific names of consultants but get in touch to see if its what you would like to do, i wish i was a consultant i know i could share so much but its impossible i live in the UK , but that dont stop me, and i love to talk CTMH with anyone.

Keep up the good work everyone Have a Great Day.
Andrew
Pearl-ExPert

Kathy.....do you ever go to the Ocean City Stamping Convention in May? I have been going the last couple of yrs, but this yr I will be in St. Maartens!! I am sooo looking forward to that trip, after receiving 52" of snow within the last 5 days!! This is unbelievable!! There is also a little scrapbooking store on the main drag in Bethany. It's called Claires! You'll have to check it out too!!
Watercolor Wizard

Nice job on work artwork Lela!
Watercolor Wizard

I put together a 20 page album using Imagine sketches and the Veranda L2 pack (plus extra cardstock.) When I get pictures printed & on the pages I'll post them in my Gallery.

If I put "CTMH" in the keysord section when I upload will it go into the CTMH gallery, or must I upload a second time to that gallery, too? Anyone know?
Polyshrink Goddess

I just posted week 2 of my Scrapbook Challenge on my blog http://suzastampin.blogspot.com We're using the Imagine, Sweet Symphony layout.
I'll be posting my card challenge later today.

Suz
CTMH Director
http://www.suzastampin.com