Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #401  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going back to read what I missed over the last week. Was in FL visiting the in laws.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Matboard Maniac

Good Aftrenoon everyone well the sun is actually shining here in the UK , this saturday it makes a pleasant change from rain and wintery blues. Hope the snow is going from those areas which were effected and hit badly.

Denise hope you had a nice break and you may try the card challenges when you have time. Cindy and Lela both made cards which are in the CTMH gallery, check them out, hope maybe some of our new CTMH fans and newly joined consultants will give them a go.
hope everyone as a happy crafting weekend and whatever you do make it from the heart.
Andrew
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Andrew...and all to follow. We still have a TON of snow on the ground, and more to come the beginning of the week. The news broadcast won't commit yet at to how much. I am sooo sick of snow. I am however, getting out today and going to my LSS for a make and take. They charge $2 per project, and it's always alot of fun. I go with my girlfriends. So even though my projects today won't be CTMH...I'll get some stamping fun in! It looks like the sun is shining, and it'll be a good day!! Hahha. Karen
Watercolor Wizard

I have not uploaded to my Gallery as the pictures are not great and the layouts are not finished. What follows is a full 20 page album using Veranda. It uses a Level 2 pack (less the neutrals) and several supplemental sheets. I am printing out photos for it but am runnign between unpacking, laundry, and taking care of a pretty sick DH. :(

18 layouts are right from Imagine, cut for cut. 2 are inspired by layouts in there but are not identical. The pages with lots of white - the white is covered by photos.

When I get photos on the pages and embellish I'll post "for real." Wanted to contribute something to the thread.
Watercolor Wizard

Pages 1, 2-3, 4-5
Attached Thumbnails
Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1087.jpg   Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1089.jpg   Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1090.jpg  
Watercolor Wizard

Pages 6-7, 8-9, 10-11
Attached Thumbnails
Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1091.jpg   Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1092.jpg   Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1093.jpg  
Watercolor Wizard

Pages 12-13, 14-15, 16-17
Attached Thumbnails
Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1094.jpg   Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1095.jpg   Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1096.jpg  
Watercolor Wizard

Pages 18-19, 20
Attached Thumbnails
Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1097.jpg   Who loves close to My Heart and why-img_1098.jpg  
Watercolor Wizard

I should add that I'mm printing my photos in B&W. I feel the papers and the color photos are "fighting" each other. I'm using it as one of my wedding albums (I am FINALLY making one, lol!!) and I like the way they all mesh togetehr in B&W. With the exception of 3 or 4 photos, they are all from the reception. It's a party album. ;)
Polyshrink Goddess

Good Evening Everyone!

I finally had a chance to make a card today (did it at work...don't tell the boss) :o)

I actually made the card as a sample for my workshop tomorrow. It uses the Veranda Workshop on the Go kit along with the great textured card stock that is the current CTMH Hearts for Haiti campaign (almost sold out.)

Anyway, I also used Andrew's Tin Fold Embossing Technique and plan on introducing it to my ladies at the workshop tomorrow. Thanks so much Andrew....what a great technique and thanks so much for your mentorship.

Here is the link to the card that I made.

Take care,
Cindy
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
Mad Swapper

I have about 15 CTMH stamp sets and some paper. I love their blocks and stamps. It is so great to be able to see where your image is being placed no guessing, no SAMJ. My friend is a hobby demo and she loves the company and all of their products. however, she does dabble in some other companies, like with paper, embellishments, etc. She is a huge scrap booker and does a great job of it. I'm pretty much all over the map, no one can call me a snob!! LOL This is a 'fan'tastic thread. I just found you through a friend lela, and have been reading every page, well almost. Very interesting reading,
BTW. Want to try the tin foil technique. Thanks, andrew!! Had to read the tuut twice to get your drift, but now is clear as mud. No, just kidding, clear as a bell, now.
Everybody, have a great day.
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Fun!

Tonight's Page I'm sharing is using CTMH That's Amore! (Thanks Cindy :mrgreen: )

Best Friends

I painted the chipboard with CTMH Pearlized Create-A-Shade.
Stampin' Fool

I just organized my CTMH because I joined get cropcandy.com monthly kit. I don't have the time to be a demo, but I do love their papers. Anyway, I found a ton of my CTMH papers from when I was a demo and love them. I also received the wishes book and love it. It's a great book for a cardmaker who doesn't have time to sit for hours and dream up cards.
Matboard Maniac

Good afternoon everyone well yesterdays weather certainly was a freak day here in the UK, nice sunshine only to find today all covered in snow again it is starting to thaw but i doubt it shifting today.

Cindy just checked out your card in the CTMH Gallery very nice love the creme brulee and cocoa embossing powder works very well.

Thanks for the pages Denise i am not a scrapbook maker but nice to see layouts , you will have to show me a card what you have made ,you know thats what i teach here in the UK.

Lela i am not a scrapbook maker, but i always look at your pages and admire them thanks for sharing your work.

I really must get the Twitterpated workshop finished only 2 cards and then i shall be ready for thursday 25th February when i run this workshop with my group.
I have done different cards than the workshop guide which Janette Lynton has created for the WOTG kit, so you might see some in the near future if i can get my friend to put them in the CTMH gallery for me im useless at downloading .
Anyway have A Nice Day.
Regards Andrew

Last edited by andrew overton; 02-21-2010 at 04:16 AM..
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! I need to make 2 cards today, both birthday. My son's gf loves animals, and I have the cutest stamp of a cat and dog with their tails intertwined. VEry cute...and since they have both a cat and dog, I will use that. Her birthday is next week. I also have a card I need to make for a friend. I too, like you Andrew, am horrible at downloading cards. I did 2, and now I have forgotten how to scan, then save into the program, before loading them here in my pitiful gallery. I really do need lessons or something!! Have a good day everyone! Karen
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
I should add that I'mm printing my photos in B&W. I feel the papers and the color photos are "fighting" each other. I'm using it as one of my wedding albums (I am FINALLY making one, lol!!) and I like the way they all mesh togetehr in B&W. With the exception of 3 or 4 photos, they are all from the reception. It's a party album. ;)
Your Album is going to be great! I've been married 22 years and haven't scrapped my wedding photos either. I have an album and pages I bought to use...:rolleyes: One of these days.....
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Hey!

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
Good afternoon everyone well yesterdays weather certainly was a freak day here in the UK, nice sunshine only to find today all covered in snow again it is starting to thaw but i doubt it shifting today.

Cindy just checked out your card in the CTMH Gallery very nice love the creme brulee and cocoa embossing powder works very well.

Thanks for the pages Denise i am not a scrapbook maker but nice to see layouts , you will have to show me a card what you have made ,you know thats what i teach here in the UK.

Lela i am not a scrapbook maker, but i always look at your pages and admire them thanks for sharing your work.

I really must get the Twitterpated workshop finished only 2 cards and then i shall be ready for thursday 25th February when i run this workshop with my group.
I have done different cards than the workshop guide which Janette Lynton has created for the WOTG kit, so you might see some in the near future if i can get my friend to put them in the CTMH gallery for me im useless at downloading .
Anyway have A Nice Day.
Regards Andrew
It's 40 degrees here (yesterday & today) but we're supposed to get freezing rain...ugh! I leave for Toronto Canada in the morning so I hope its gone by then!

Andrew, I wish I could make cards! I think I'm getting better? ;) I did make more of the "A Tweet" Challenge cards. Those 6x6 were PERFECT for including photos with that I wanted to send to some relatives! I do like Cindy's as well, so I'm going to have to get some Cocoa Embossing Powder!

We would love to see your cards if you could upload to your Gallery! I used my Twitterpated paper for one of those CTMH Acrylic Albums. Have you altered one of those? I also need to get busy and alter the 2 My Creations Journals I have.

Well, with that said, I'm working on some cards. I'll be back to share :-D
Matboard Maniac

Just found this thread... Thanks for starting it, Andrew! I have been a consultant with ctmh for almost 7 years, and it has changed my stamping/scrapping life! I signed up in 2003 because I'd been a cardmaker for years, but wanted to get into scrapbooking. I wanted to learn, and use the Reflections program, plus start my own clubs, teach workshops, and get the discount. I've met amazing people, expanded my creativity, and my sales pay for all my goodies. I have read every post on this 11-page thread, and just want to add/clarify a few things:
- buffered paper means that if you place something acidic in your pages, the acid won't travel to your pictures. Just wanted to clarify!
- Our blocks do have one line etched in them at the bottom. Our blocks are the best!
- If your sales are over $500 per month, your discount jumps to 27%. When you get downlines, and their sales are $500 a month or more, you can get up to a 34% discount.
- New consultants do get extra perks, it's called Straight to the Top. You can earn product depending on your sales in a 30, 60, and 90-day timeframe. I did it, and it is a great way to build your product.
- Since I started, I only use ctmh products. Well, I guess I do use an adhesive eraser I bought before I signed up. We sell the same thing now, though. I have spent LESS money since becoming a consultant because I don't go to other stores and look at cool new products, because we don't sell them. I know a lot of people are equal-opportunity spenders, and that's fine. But it really helps me save money, plus I've got to be creative with my own supplies.
- I LOVE the fact that our papers match our cardstock, markers, inks, embellishments. When I make a display board, I decide which scrapbook kit I'm going to use, then gather all my embellishments that match, inkpads, ribbon, cardstock, and my card how-to books and scrapbook how-to books, and just start creating. So convenient!!!

I love the fact that Jeanette isn't afraid to take risks, like switching from wood to acrylic. I have a strong feeling we'll see some big changes in the autumn/winter idea book. I have no insider knowledge, it's just a hunch. We haven't had any big changes in several years, so I think we're due. hahaha

I also love sharing ctmh with people who have never heard of us. We have been around for over 25 years, and people are blown away when they see the catalogs, and the how-to books. I've gotten so many great reactions from people at crops who see me pounding out page after page, using my how-to books. They can't believe the gorgeous pages I can make in so little time. Sketch books are nice, but our books have cutting diagrams, dimensions of all pieces & parts, step-by-step instructions and full-color samples.

Sorry this is so long, but man, do I love this company!!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

I had a workshop today and my teaching project was a card using Andrew's Tin Foil Embossing Technique. The gals loved it and were immediately able to master the technique. Most of my "regulars" began as scrapbookers and I turned them on to card making. CTMH is great for the beginner as everything matches and it is so easy to ge a great looking card. It is great for a more advanced papercrafter, too, because of the variety of papers and My Acrylix stamps. My gals made cards that they never thought that they would be able to make. That is just another reason I love CTMH! I love watching the smiles grow on the faces of my customers as they learn a new technique that is made so easy by the great CTMH products! :o)
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Today!

I actually made cards today! Fun, fun....I used the scraps from my "That's Amore" page from yesterday, here's my first card:

Love Is
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking oh YEAH

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleekNHAView Post
I had a workshop today and my teaching project was a card using Andrew's Tin Foil Embossing Technique. The gals loved it and were immediately able to master the technique. Most of my "regulars" began as scrapbookers and I turned them on to card making. CTMH is great for the beginner as everything matches and it is so easy to get a great looking card. :o)
Me too ...I started scrapping first and then learned about stamping and gave it a try. It was really only when I discovered CTMH and acrylic stamps that I put the 2 together! I kept all of my scrapping and stamping supplies separate when I started! LOL! :rolleyes:

I also agree w/ the fact that I'm saving $$ w/ CTMH...well, let's put it this way, I cleaned out in a Scrap Garage Sale a ton of "stash" that I wasn't using. I now have lots more room and feel like I use alot more of what I have! The whole everything matching works so well for me.
Matboard Maniac

Hello Everyone hope everyone had a great weekend weather is milder today still very cold but most snow gone.

Lela lovely card i like very much the Thats Amore paper packet level 2 i have not done anything with mine yet, keeping it for when i do a workshop this year so im sure i will have fun playing around with it.

Cindy glad you used my technique and the gals liked doing it on their workshop with you, its a quite a easy technique the art lies in the way you crinkle up the tin foil or as you say in America aluminium foil.
Wont be long for my workshop, this thursday will soon be here just wondered if anyone who visits this thread have you made any cards with the twitterpated workshop on the go kit its quite a cute set and the paper packet, its really lovely.
Anyway have a nice day or evening.
Andrew.
Stazon Splitcoast

i ordered some of the campaign paper today. one of each. i think it was the spring, summer, and fall or winter don't remember the last one ;)
Pearl-ExPert

Martha...did your kit arrive? How did you place an order already? Wow...you are moving right along!! LOL
Stazon Splitcoast

My kit is waiting for me at my house!! I wish I could go home already ;)
I ordered the paper this morning, because its going away so quick, I wanted to try some CTMH cardstock ;) and with the buy one get one free deal, I must lol
Pearl-ExPert

Once you get home, and you open your package, post the details here!! We want to hear all about what's inside that prize package!! Details girl!!! LOL
Watercolor Wizard

You'll love it Martha! I knew what was in the box - as I'm sure you do - but it was so different to have it in my hands all at once! Wait until you see the lavendar tissue paper...it really turns it into a big present! ENJOY!!
Stazon Splitcoast

uhhh now I really want to go home lol
Pearl-ExPert

So the paper that's bogo is it their regular colored cardstock, or is it the patterned papers? What colors did you order Martha?
Stazon Splitcoast

its the textured carstock.
I ordered the summer, spring, and I believe fall
Pearl-ExPert

did you do the 8 1/2 x 11 size? combo packs, where you get all the colors?
Stazon Splitcoast

here u go. its 12x12
http://www.closetomyheart.com/Home/C...r%20Haiti.aspx
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Sharing!

Hello from snowy Toronto, Canada! ;)

Andrew, here's another card I did with the Amore paper

That's Amore
Matboard Maniac

Hi Andrew,

You mentioned the good things about the white core and you are absolutely right. All good things. I always just layer if I don't want the white core to show or if I want sturdier cards/projects.

I think CTMH stamps are the best quality and I'm a huge fan of clear (quality) stamps. I also am a huge fan of CTMH embellishments. They continue to do a great job of coming out with new, fun items.

-Katie
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Hi Everyone!

Lela love your cards... ;)

I have had a few nightmarish days at work and have another one yet tomorrow...should then have a few days to create. I did make a special project for the upcoming CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. I can't post it yet but will do it shortly!

I am looking forward to getting some fun creating down!
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Matboard Maniac

Good Evening everyone hope you have had a pleasant day and are maybe having a chill out time or creative mood. Finished the prep up and completed cards ready for the Twitterpated workshop on Thursday, just keep fingers crosssed it dont snow it is forecast here in the UK along with rain, the latter i can cope with at the moment.

Glad Katie you posted again and like the white core, Lela lovely card you made and hope Martha can contain herself with all this excitement becoming a new CTMH consultant .

Karen you do know before long you will be gettting the CTMH bug and once bitten their is no stoppin , i wonder if you will be a new CTMH consultant before springtime ends?

Hope you had a good workshop Cindy on sunday and your ladies bought some nice goodies from you .
Anyone who has not tryed the february card challenge give it a go and post in the CTMH gallery if you feel like creating sometime.
take care
Andrew
Stazon Splitcoast

oh my desk is full of all my new ctmh goodies ;)
organizing as we speak so I can craft away ;)
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! Martha, I'm glad all your goodies arrived, you must be having fun with them already! Andrew...I haven't decided yet what I will do with my demoship with TAC. Right now the minimums are low enough that it is easy for me to keep at it. I do love TAC products, don't get me wrong, maybe I just need a change though, and CTMH is such a great company, and they have awesome products!! No time to create over the next few days. thursday we are supposed to get another snow storm, so if it's a snow day for me, I'll make cards!! Otherwise, it's work as usual! Glad everyone is doing well!! Karen
Watercolor Wizard

I'm hearing nasty things about the weather up here, too - they're now saying "Nor'easter" again (which is about right for my area this time of year.) I even heard "snow hurricane" used. The description was not pretty - a hurricane with 75 mph winds, driving rain, and when cold enough driving snow.

Dare I wish for a 4th snow day so I can create? My class would be canceled on Friday, but I'd be able to actually create. (We haven't had 4 days off- total - in the 11 years I have been with my district.)

Have the album I posted half filled in, will try to comlete and embellish this weekend and post again.
Watercolor Wizard

Hope you're having fun going through your goodies Martha!!