Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am SO HAPPY that CTMH is changing their policy to let customers sell online and in retail stores! I agree with the other poster that wants them to allow 3rd party copyrighted material on stuff to be sold!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made this a year ago for my personal use. Because it was a year ago some of it is outdated, some of the companies have changed their angel policies and I have not had a chance to edit this yet.

Also if you are planning on selling cards, I suggest you contact the companies direct and get a hard copy of what they say for legal reasons!

These companies said yes and did not request anything:

A Country Welcome.com
A2Zescentials
Accucut.com/
Adornit.com Carolees Creations
Alliance Paper.ca
Amanda Blu.com
American Crafts
Arnold Grummer.com
Artic Frog.net
Art Girlz.com
Art Impressions
Art Stamps Direct.com
Aussie Stamps and Crafts.com.au
Avery
Basic Bear.com
Beary Patch Inc.com
Berwick Offray (Wal-Mart ribbon)
Block Head Stamps.com
Blu Menthallansing.com
Creative Paper Crafts.com
Designs by PM.com
Eclectic Impressions.com
Eyelet Outlet.com
Far and Away Scrapbooks.com
Fiberscraps.com
Fiskars tools
Hambly Studios.com
Hampton Arts.com (including Studio G stamps)
Hanko Designs.com
Heidi Swapp
Heritage Handcrafts.com
HillCreek Designs
Hobbycraft, UK
Imaginations
Joanns
Junkitz.com
Kaleido Stamps (acountrywelcome.com)
K and Company
Little Black Dress Designs.com
Magic Mesh.com
Making Memories
Maisy Mo Designs
Marvy.com
Memories Complete.com
Oh Domino (acountrywelcome.com)
Oh Scrap/Imaginations
One Stop Square
Papermania
PDA Card and Craft.co.uk
Pebbles Inc
Prima Marketing Inc
Scandavian Design (acountrywelcome.com)
Scrapworks
Star Fish and Dreams.com
Stewart Superior.com
Studio G stamps
The Card Co.com
The Paper Cut.com
Three Bugs in a Rug
Thumb Printz.com
Tim Holtz
Tinkering Ink.com
Trimcraft
Queen and Company
Quick Quotes Instant Journaling.com
Zsiage.com

These said yes but had restrictions

Alpha Stamps.com (Must be handmade)

Anima Designs.com (No copying and credit name on card)

Anna Griffin.com (Limited number of handmade projects, only at craft shows and other small venues, no mechanical production, no more than 50/design, must not sell products incorporating their designs in retail stores, no scanning etc)

Arte Latin Oh.com (not to be reproduced by any printing media)

Art Impressions.com (no professional re-prints of the handmade cards for resale)

ArtLenz.com (must be hand stamped and if published Artlenz must be acknowledged.

Basic Grey (mechanical, computer, or assembly line type production is prohibited and they reserve the right to restrict the use of any BasicGrey product at their sole discretion Must store descriptions of these items and all packaging itself. No more than 50 of each design)

Bazzil Basic Paper (credit name on packaging)

B-Muse.com (No photocopying)

Carolees Creation.com (No copying)

Chatterbox (add name to card)

Close to my heart.com - Please email them for Angel Policy, I won�t be buying this product, way to many rules!!

Creative Imaginations.us (Must be handmade, no copies, mass production is prohibited, must only be sold at craft fairs, community fundraisers, other temporary craft events or from crafters home. The creative imaginations name must not be used to advertise.

Crate Paper.com (Credit name on card)

Deja View and C Thru Ruler.com (Must not reproduce products and add your name)

Delta Creative.com (Must be handstamped, no mechanical or electronic reproductions allowed. Only non-licensed products to be used - please email them, they have a long list of licensed products which are not allowed to be used).

DCWV (credit name on card)

Doodlebug (credit name on card)

EK Success (credit name on card) and http://www.eksuccess.com/angel.php and fill out form

Fancy Pants Designs (200 or less of an item, only to be sold by creater, must be handmade, �� Fancy Pants Designs, Inc. products) must appear on handmade cards, no mechanical production, no production via line format, no electronically productions, no Fancy pants logos to be used in advertising) - They have a policy which you can get when you contact them - it explains it better!

Fiskars (see website for exact policy)

Hero Arts.com (must be handmade, no copying, sold locally in small quantities only, 50 handstamped impressions per image. Give credit on card)
Imaginisce No more than 100 of each stamp, no copying etc. Must put Designs � Imaginisce on back.

Inkadinkadoo (must be handstamped, no scanning/copying. Maximum of 100 hand-stamped items per image per year. Credit for stamped image and �INKADINKADO must appear on back of your items. Written permission for resale is required)

Judikins.com (Must be handmade, and credit their copyright name - email them and they will send you a copyright stamp)

Karen Foster (credit name on card)

KI memories (credit name on card)

WA(need to contact them and fill in a consent form)

Lil Davis Designs.com (credit name on card)

Love Elsie.com (Credit name on card)

Master Piece Studios.com (No duplicates, must put �Paper design copyrighted Master Piece Studios� on card. Must email them as you need to sign their agreement contract.

MC Gillinc.com (List as the manufacturer)

Me and My Big Ideas (No copying)

Mrs Grossmans.com (No copying)

My Minds Eye (No mass production or copying, all must be handmade, must credit name on back of card)

One Heart, One Mind (Must credit name on card, and no duplication or copying)

Paper Salon (25 copies of each stamp only)

Penny Black (no more than 24 of each stamp, no selling online, must credit Penny Black Inc on card)

Plaid Online.com (Only sell at craft shows and other small locations and no mass production)

Print Blocks.com.au/ (Credit name on card)

Print Works (Credit name on card)

Provo Craft - Please see their website for Angel Policy, its long!!

Ribbon Jar.com (If in a publication, please add Ribbon Jar to supply list)

Sassafrass Lass (No copying, must be handmade)

Scenic Route Paper Co (they have a policy which is has a lot of rules, email them for a copy)

Scrappy Cat Online.com (No mass production, mechanically reproduced or sold in quantities or sold as your own. Only at local craft fairs in small quantities and no trade fairs)

S.E.I. (No mechanical production, must use original product - no photocopying or scanning, and give credit to S.E.I for any product used)

Seven Gipsies (7gypsies� products are original artworks and are copyrights of UltraPro. 7gypsies does allow the use of its products in original artworks that can be resold by the artist. However, this art may not be reproduced mechanically for resale without a royalty agreement with UltraPro. Additionally we request that any written or electronic (web based) public relations and/or marketing materials expressly state that 7gypsies materials are used (and if possible the specific materials used) and the copyrights belong to UltraPro)

Sizzix (Can only sell locally, cannot be sold online and credit must be given)

Spell Binder.us (only allowed to sell on a limited basis and not mass produced, must sell locally)

Stampendous (Must be handmade, no copying , must credit company on card)

Stamp Doctor.com (No mechanical reproductions)

Stampabilities.com (No machine production, allowed to use all products
except licensed products - Peanuts and House-Mouse Designs)

SRM Press.com (Must credit name on card)

These people said no - How rude!!

Colorbok
Creative Memories
Elizabeth Brownd
Paper House Productions.com
Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

Cape Arago Rubber Stamps and RedEowyn rubber stamps both have angel policies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #45  
Glitter Guru

I DON"T buy Whipper Snapper, House Mouse or Stamps by Judith anymore because you can't sell your cards with theirs. I don't know of any others that are strict besides those ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Does anyone know if CTMH's new angel policy can be seen online yet (by non-demos)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't know if it's been updated online yet. Here is what a fellow consultant received from Consultant Services, so am assuming this is the final:

Angel Policy
All Close To My Heart designs are copyrighted by CTMH Co. and are protected under United States and international copyright law, which means they cannot be copied without Close To My Heart's permission. Close To My Heart's Angel Policy grants limited permission (a license) to purchasers of Close To My Heart stamps to create hand-stamped artwork for sale. Close To My Heart does not limit the types of hand-stamped creations that may be sold under this policy, within reasonable standards of good taste. The terms and conditions of the "Angel Policy" are outlined below:

1. Close To My Heart designs may only be used in the creation of original, hand-stamped artwork.

2. Any artwork created using Close To My Heart designs must not infringe third-party copyrighted material. The artist must accept full responsibility for his or her artwork.

3. No stamp design may be reproduced or copied by any means, except hand-stamping, including photocopying, computer scanning and printing, or by freehand drawing. Artwork for sale must be personally hand-stamped by the selling artist, and any mass production or use of paid workers is prohibited.

4. The following notice must appear on hand-stamped artwork created for resale: "Designs � CTMH Co."

5. Completed hand-stamped artwork may be sold at craft fairs, fundraisers, retail locations, and over the internet. In the sale of hand-stamped artwork, Close To My Heart trademarks and logos may not be used prominently or in any manner which might lead consumers to believe the hand-stamped artwork is a Close To My Heart product.

6. Hand-stamped artwork may not be sold in conjunction with Close To My Heart products, except in the case of charity events. The same person may not sell both hand-stamped artwork and Close To My Heart products at the same event, except in the case of charity events.

7. Sales may be made only in the United States (including U.S. Territories), Canada, or on U.S. military installations (as permitted).

8. Close To My Heart designs and images may not be used in non-Close To My Heart business logos, trademarks, or promotional materials.

9. Close To My Heart may amend its policies governing the use of its copyrighted designs and images, including the Angel Policy, at any time. Amendments to such policies are effective upon publication unless otherwise noted and will be posted on the official Close To My Heart website. Close To My Heart reserves the right to deny or terminate permission to use Close To My Heart designs and images with respect to any particular person.

PJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Out_To_PastureView Post
I don't know if it's been updated online yet. Here is what a fellow consultant received from Consultant Services, so am assuming this is the final:

Angel Policy
All Close To My Heart designs are copyrighted by CTMH Co. and are protected under United States and international copyright law, which means they cannot be copied without Close To My Heart's permission. Close To My Heart's Angel Policy grants limited permission (a license) to purchasers of Close To My Heart stamps to create hand-stamped artwork for sale. Close To My Heart does not limit the types of hand-stamped creations that may be sold under this policy, within reasonable standards of good taste. The terms and conditions of the "Angel Policy" are outlined below:

1. Close To My Heart designs may only be used in the creation of original, hand-stamped artwork.

2. Any artwork created using Close To My Heart designs must not infringe third-party copyrighted material. The artist must accept full responsibility for his or her artwork.

3. No stamp design may be reproduced or copied by any means, except hand-stamping, including photocopying, computer scanning and printing, or by freehand drawing. Artwork for sale must be personally hand-stamped by the selling artist, and any mass production or use of paid workers is prohibited.

4. The following notice must appear on hand-stamped artwork created for resale: "Designs � CTMH Co."

5. Completed hand-stamped artwork may be sold at craft fairs, fundraisers, retail locations, and over the internet. In the sale of hand-stamped artwork, Close To My Heart trademarks and logos may not be used prominently or in any manner which might lead consumers to believe the hand-stamped artwork is a Close To My Heart product.

6. Hand-stamped artwork may not be sold in conjunction with Close To My Heart products, except in the case of charity events. The same person may not sell both hand-stamped artwork and Close To My Heart products at the same event, except in the case of charity events.

7. Sales may be made only in the United States (including U.S. Territories), Canada, or on U.S. military installations (as permitted).

8. Close To My Heart designs and images may not be used in non-Close To My Heart business logos, trademarks, or promotional materials.

9. Close To My Heart may amend its policies governing the use of its copyrighted designs and images, including the Angel Policy, at any time. Amendments to such policies are effective upon publication unless otherwise noted and will be posted on the official Close To My Heart website. Close To My Heart reserves the right to deny or terminate permission to use Close To My Heart designs and images with respect to any particular person.

PJ
Wow they are still so strict, only selling in usa and canada! I still won't be buying from them for a while!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thank you Out_To_Pasture.

In #2, would "infringe" mean "make use of"??

Usually it means "intrude", or "encroach" or "violate", but those words don't make sense here... because if I made a card with CTMH's AND a 3rd party's (who has an angel policy) stamps, the artwork would not violate the 3rd party's material, if I also included the 3rd party's copyright on the back. But artwork which includes 3rd-party images would violate CTMH's old angel policy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Soooooo....who want's to call CTMH and ask "For Sure" if we can use their stamps and paper on cards with other companies stamps and paper...to sell. I'm chicken...I don't want to call...so who is gonna? I'm sure we all would love to have this clarified from the mouth of CTMH. Anyone?? please?? (can you tell I'm begging LOL!)
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #51  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

This is Flourishes angel policy:

We are an angel company. Feel free to hand stamp our images to create works for either personal or commercial use. Please acknowledge this company as the image source for any commercial use.

I'd like to add that with each Flourishes stamp set you get a small Flourishes logo to stamp on the back for this purpose. (That logo may not be included in some of the very first sets)

Stamp away, have fun!!!

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store/Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by versamomView Post
Soooooo....who want's to call CTMH and ask "For Sure" if we can use their stamps and paper on cards with other companies stamps and paper...to sell. I'm chicken...I don't want to call...so who is gonna? I'm sure we all would love to have this clarified from the mouth of CTMH. Anyone?? please?? (can you tell I'm begging LOL!)
I grabbed the phone to call but there is no telephone number! Only email, so I emailed them, will let you know what I hear!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by notimetostampView Post

We are an angel company. Feel free to hand stamp our images to create works for either personal or commercial use. Please acknowledge this company as the image source for any commercial use.

I'd like to add that with each Flourishes stamp set you get a small Flourishes logo to stamp on the back for this purpose. (That logo may not be included in some of the very first sets)

Stamp away, have fun!!!
Now thats an angel policy I like! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #54  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
Thank you Out_To_Pasture.

In #2, would "infringe" mean "make use of"??

Usually it means "intrude", or "encroach" or "violate", but those words don't make sense here... because if I made a card with CTMH's AND a 3rd party's (who has an angel policy) stamps, the artwork would not violate the 3rd party's material, if I also included the 3rd party's copyright on the back. But artwork which includes 3rd-party images would violate CTMH's old angel policy.
No, it wouldn't just mean "make use of". You're correct that if you use other companies' materials that any copyright *they* have must be noted as you state (include their copyright along with CTMH's) as well, thereby not infringing on the 3rd party. Does that make sense? I'm not sure I'm explaining it well.

If you use CTMH's stamps and include their copyright, but not the other company's copyright, you are infringing on that 3rd party and that is against CTMH policy...and that the artist is responsible for ensuring that all copyrights are not violated, or infringed, upon. It's more covering their own tushes and legalese in case another company's stamps/etc are used that CTMH is not condoning copyright infringement for any other company.

And regarding if this is official, the info I provided was received from Consultant Services and is now the official policy. I have sent them an email asking when the consultant policies and any public sites are going to be updated so hopefully you can see the verbiage "officially" yourselves soon.

PJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Flourishes,llc (FLLC) is very proud to be an angel company...please stamp the back of your cards with the logo ee provide you in each set. No mechanical or commerical reproduction is allowerd. But if you stamp them then you can sell them!
FLLC (Flourishes) gallery
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #56  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by csroyalView Post
Its equally important, I think, to know which ones do not allow sale of items made with them. Am I correct in understanding that Whippersnappers is one, as well as Stampavie. Any others? I do try to sell my cards to pay for the addiction and I don't want to do the wrong thing.
Yes, I do know a lady that contacted Whipper Snapper Designs about selling cards with their images, and they said absolutely not. Not even with credit given on the back of the card.

HTH!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #57  
Insane Embellisher

great thread with tons of helpful info. subscribing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #58  
Mad Swapper

Nobody has mentioned JessicaLynnOriginals and her cute little Yorkshire Terriers and other stuff??? Here is her policy:

When using the approved stamps for items that will be sold, we give you permission if the following criteria are met:

Each item must be hand stamped. Mechanical reproductions are not acceptable.

The back of the card must contain typed, stamped, or hand-written copyright information. The item will need to say JessicaLynnOriginal.com Stamps .
We do offer a stamp that you can get that will say this for you. It costs 1 cent, - yep, a penny! Just add it to your shopping cart.

Now check out her website: http://jessicalynnoriginal.com/shopwithus/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

No, it wouldn't just mean "make use of". You're correct that if you use other companies' materials that any copyright *they* have must be noted as you state (include their copyright along with CTMH's) as well, thereby not infringing on the 3rd party. Does that make sense? I'm not sure I'm explaining it well.

If you use CTMH's stamps and include their copyright, but not the other company's copyright, you are infringing on that 3rd party and that is against CTMH policy...and that the artist is responsible for ensuring that all copyrights are not violated, or infringed, upon. It's more covering their own tushes and legalese in case another company's stamps/etc are used that CTMH is not condoning copyright infringement for any other company.

And regarding if this is official, the info I provided was received from Consultant Services and is now the official policy. I have sent them an email asking when the consultant policies and any public sites are going to be updated so hopefully you can see the verbiage "officially" yourselves soon.

PJ

From what you're saying, it sounds like now we are allowed to use CTMH and 3rd party copyrighted material as long as all copyrights and angel policies of each company are acknowledged and complied with??

I hope you're right!

I'm eagerly waiting for any CTMH email response that I_love_pink gets!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by notimetostampView Post

Stamp away, have fun!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1flourishView Post
Flourishes,llc (FLLC) is very proud to be an angel company...please stamp the back of your cards with the logo ee provide you in each set. No mechanical or commerical reproduction is allowerd. But if you stamp them then you can sell them!

Hey you two! I beat you both; I mentioned you at the bottom of the first page of this thread! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #61  

Well.....I must tell you all I'm now looking at more stamps from companies I've never heard of!! All this wonderful info has me GLUED to my computer looking at MORE STAMPS!!! AACKKK!!! I'm gonna go broke...as if all the companies I buy from already and being an SU demo weren't enough! ha ha ha.

I sure hope that CTMH is "for sure" good with us using their stuff with other companies stuff. Sounding good so far
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #62  
Glitter Queen

subscribing - great thread!

www.kierenbellisdesigns.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by I love pinkView Post
I grabbed the phone to call but there is no telephone number! Only email, so I emailed them, will let you know what I hear!
I got a reply to the ? on ctmh policy, this is what was said:

"Yes, you may sell hand made artwork that was made with Close To My Heart products and other companies products as long as this is allowed by the other company as well.

Thank you"

Sounds pretty good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

"Yes, you may sell hand made artwork that was made with Close To My Heart products and other companies products as long as this is allowed by the other company as well.

Thank you"

Sounds pretty good!

Are you SERIOUS??????!!!!!!!! *maniacal laugh* Hang on wallet! Here we goooooooooo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #65  

Quote:

Thank you"

Sounds pretty good!
YEAYA!!!! :mrgreen: WOOHOO!! Thanks for getting the scoop! I knew I should have bought more in June for the CTMH buy 2 get 1 free sale! ha! Oh well....NOT like I don't already have enough stamps to play with...

Thanks girlfriend!! Now shall we get stamping?! hee hee hee
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #66  
Cardstock Collector

Default 2 other companies

Diva Impressions http://www.divarubberstamps.com/

and

Inka stamps http://www.inkastamps.com/

are both less known and have great angel policies. Basically if you hand stamp it, you can sell it.

Thanks for posting about CTMH! I have tons of those stamps, but hadn't been using them on anything I want to sell, because of their policies.

Elise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #67  
Compulsive Stamper

Regarding the CTMH June special....we have until midnight Mountain Time on July 7th to clean up any last minute Stampaganza orders so you can still buy two and get one of equal/lesseer value free.

I'm working on mine now, I have got to finish up my Solos collection. LOL

PJ, the enabler
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

subscribing, Great Thread, Great Info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CTMH has officially posted the new policy on the website, here's the link:
http://www.closetomyheart.com/angelpolicy.aspx

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #70  

Quote:

Regarding the CTMH June special....we have until midnight Mountain Time on July 7th to clean up any last minute Stampaganza orders so you can still buy two and get one of equal/lesseer value free.

I'm working on mine now, I have got to finish up my Solos collection. LOL

PJ, the enabler
BAD GIRL!! ha ha ha PJ...you ARE the enabler!! hummmm...I just might need to look through my catty "again" and see what I might have missed. I already have 6 CTMH storage boxes FULL! But that's not enough...right?! LOL Thanks for the heads up on the sale :mrgreen:
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Wonderful news about CTMH, I love their stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #72  
Kookie Creator

My favorite things
bellas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #73  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1flourishView Post
Thats how every company should be in my opinion if you buy the stamp you should be able to make stuff with it to sell. I quit buying all together from company's that don't have an open angel policy about making craft items to sell. Wonder if company's know how much business they lose by having a strict angel policy in place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #74  
Insane Embellisher

Adding October Afternoon to this list... just called them and said you can sell as long it's handmade and give credit on the back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #75  
Insane Embellisher

Also Daisy D's paper -- just give credit on the back; no mechanical reproduction/copying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnellybelleView Post
These are some stamp companies that do not allow you to sell items with their images... or make you jump through hoops to do it.. (such as, write for permission for each stamp used and write their info somewhere on the card.) It's too bad, I love some of the images these companies have.

DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU PLAN TO SELL YOUR CARDS:
Penny Black
Stamps by Judith
Hero Arts (you have to write for their permission)
Inkadinkadoo (you have to write for their permission)
Coronado Island is another--- I love their nature stamps, but they require permission from each individual artist to use for sale. Too much work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #77  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Now if only Provo Craft would change their policy!
hum -- Provocraft covers a LOT of items -- please tell me you are just talking about their stamps and not their tins and embellishments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #78  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Biblical Impressions and Eureka Stamps are angel companies, as well as smARTworks stamps. Don't think those had been mentioned that.

I don't think anyone has posted this list - not sure when it was last updated but it is pretty comprehensive as far as angel companies. Lots of other resources on this site too.

http://www.littlebit.com/angel/rs_angel.htm
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #79  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by malice67View Post
hum -- Provocraft covers a LOT of items -- please tell me you are just talking about their stamps and not their tins and embellishments
Here is provo craft policy taken from their webpage today:

Provo Craft Angel Policy

Provo Craft and Novelty, Inc. (Provo Craft) is thrilled that individuals desire to create and sell personal craftwork (i.e., craftwork personally created by an individual for sale or distribution by that individual and not for the sale or distribution of any other person or entity) incorporating our products, designs and images. In the interest of the creative community and their desires to share their creativity with others, we have granted permission in the form of a limited license to use any of Provo Craft�s designs, images and other products sold by Provo Craft that are protected under U.S. and/or international copyright laws (hereinafter referred to collectively as the �copyrighted material�) for the purpose of creating craftworks for sale in limited quantities in a limited local geographical location. The rights granted by Provo Craft hereunder provide consideration for the terms and conditions set forth herein and the . As such, any individual using the copyrighted material pursuant to this license hereby expressly agrees to the terms and conditions set forth herein.

1. All Provo Craft products that incorporate, provide or utilize copyrighted material are copyrighted by Provo Craft and Novelty, Inc. and are protected under United States and international copyright laws, which means that they cannot be copied without the written permission of Provo Craft.

2. Any craftwork to be sold must not incorporate third-party copyrighted material. The craftwork must contain only Provo Craft products that are sold under the Provo Craft trademark.

3. The individual may sell or distribute personal craftwork at local community fundraisers, seasonal boutiques or bazaars, or other temporary craft events. Personal craftwork incorporating Provo Craft copyrighted material cannot be sold at a fixed retail location such as a store or mall kiosk, left in a store on consignment, or sold to other parties for subsequent resale, or sold via the Internet.

4.The use of the copyrighted material to be sold with a product, to enhance a product or to design a product on a regional or national level or for any mass production is expressly prohibited hereunder and requires a written licensing agreement with Provo Craft. (The definition of mass produced is more than fifty copies reproduced within a thirty day period of any one design or more than 200 copies per year of any one design. Multi-person assembly-line work counts as mass production.)

5. Quantities for sale of personal craftwork shall be limited by the production limits set forth herein.

6. The limited license granted herein is not a license of the Provo Craft name or any trademarks, trade names, trade dress or logos of Provo Craft and cannot be used without the express written permission of Provo Craft. In addition, the Provo Craft name or any trademarks, trade names, trade dress or logos of Provo Craft may not be used at any location where personal craftwork items are sold, nor may they be used in any manner to solicit sales of such items nor in a manner that states, infers, or implies an affiliation with Provo Craft.

7. You may not use Provo Craft and Novelty, Inc. copyrighted material for the purpose of creating logos, trademarks, trade names, trade dress or trademarks (e.g., company trademarks, product trademarks, product packaging, etc.).

8. Wherever possible, each item using or incorporating Provo Craft�s copyrighted material must be marked with �Includes Copyrighted Material of Provo Craft and Novelty, Inc.� in a reasonable size and location that gives reasonable notice.

9. Copyrighted material of Provo Craft may not be altered in any manner, including but not limited to, masking or overlaying portions in the overall design. Any other alteration will be considered an infringement of copyright. In addition, Provo Craft expressly reserves all moral rights in any copyrighted material.

10. Provo Craft shall, without limitation, have the right to terminate the limited license granted hereunder for any reason whatsoever. In the event that Provo Craft elects to terminate this license for any individual, Provo Craft shall notify such individual in writing of such termination. Upon notice such individual shall immediately terminate the copying, sale and/or distribution of any of Provo Craft�s copyrighted material or products or things that incorporate any of Provo Craft�s copyrighted material.

11. Persons creating personal craftwork items for sale are responsible for complying with any state and local business and tax regulations or any other laws or regulations governing the sale of goods.

12. Persons subject to this license assume all liability for suitability of their work and for any CLAIM OR cause of action arising as a result of the sale, offer for sale and/or distribution of their work and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provo Craft and Novelty, Inc. and its artists from disputes arising from the sale, offering for sale and/or distribution of their work.

13. Provo Craft and Novelty, Inc. is a Utah corporation. The laws of the State of Utah govern this licence. The state and federal courts of Utah will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceeding arising from this policy. Any person that operates under this limited license expressly agrees to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Utah. Any failure by Provo Craft to enforce any of its rights will not constitute a waiver of such rights.

For more information about our using our products designs or images, contact Provo Craft and Novelty, Inc. Marketing, at 1-800-937-7686.

Effective Date: May 25, 2005

Provo Craft reserves the right to amend or change this policy at any time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #80  
Crimping Master

ok -- I'm still kinda confused on Provocraft. Obviously the "copyrighted material" includes stamp images... and probably printed papers (I don't actually know if they make them)..

... UGH!!!!!!!! I just checked my CB dies and folders -- they are also copyrighted -- so no CB use if you use any other company's stamps?

... but STICKY TAPE is copyrighted!! that HAS to just be the packaging, right?

... at least the lunch box tins do NOT have any copyright info on their labels, so they should be safe to use, right?
Reply With Quote Likes