Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #41  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Faith. I know my time has been taken up with increased hours at work but that is going to an end after next week when I go back to only doing one job! Also this week I have been layed up with two broken toes. Too painful to concentrate for very long. I sure hope this break does not kick in my RA. Hope to be back to the challenges next week I for one miss doing them! And yes I can say Faith does comment on all of my cards and I thank her for her kind words!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too much junk has been added to the General Forum and all over the boards to wade through, load up and be able to make comments...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvaCView Post
I

The challenges are FABULOUS so those who host them...you need to know you are doing a marvelous job!! Thanks for doing them!
Have to agree with this. I love to check out the challenges and I try to participate in at least color and sketch each week. I also try to comment on other cards in the challenges (although I'm nowhere near as good as Faith or ctorina in commenting!). For me it's just the time constrainst - kids, school, volunteering, house, dinner, friends, blog -- I feel like I'm lucky if I can stamp every day, let alone post and comment. (And I don't even work outside the house!)

I don't know how others feel, but I went through a period in the late fall when money was VERY tight and I had to avoid the gallery at SCS. It was just too hard to view all the wonderful creations and new products out there and not want to have them all. (Terribly selfish of me:oops I think maybe the economy and changing priorities and new sites are all contributing. Everyone counts on SCS and I do think many of us sometimes take it for granted. (Trust me, if a challenge wasn't posted one day, we'd all freak!) I do think many people who have always called SCS home will be finding their way back here. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, again, thanks to all the wonderful girls who publish the challenges and all those who participate regularly and comment regularly. you provide awesome inspiration for us all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #44  
Glitter Guru

I used to really get into the challenges---just don't have the time anymore--working two parttime jobs, about 50 hours a week! Then you have all the time I spend reading blogs, not really stamping as much and then the rest of the time, I am trying to keep my Su business going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Perhaps to get new people to join in you could make more of a feature of the challenges on the home page they are lost in a bottom left hand corner, maybe a banner across the top with little pictures?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

OMGosh I am such an odd ball because the main reason I don't do challenges is because of my picture taking in-ability. Still struggling with that, but it will come. the other main reason is also time!!

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Faith, I love participating in the challenges even tho I'm pretty new at it. My problem is time..........I am on the Pazzles Design Team, trying to learn to color using markers, learning another software program for drawing on the computer, etc. etc. Not to mention that as I've gotten older, I've gotten slower!!!LOL I do try to participate in at the very least one challenge a week...preferably two!

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #48  
Watercolor Wizard

I too do the challenges, no comments, but then I really do not mind, my problem though is if I do Wes. sketch challenge it takes me almost to the next Wes. to get it done . That is how it is with every challenge. I have been asked to be a Guest Designer, well I almost turned it down-why?- it stresses me out when I have to have something done at a specific time. After this one I will never except another .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsygirlView Post
I've also noticed this - it appears very quiet here these days - I dont know if there is a correlation but I find it very hard to wade and sift through all of the member company feeds to find the general stampin chatter - I know it is controversial but that's just my 2-cents - I prefer when the general stampin talk and the member company forums were separate...
I wouldn't think that's why the challenges are down because they are in a different forum- not general stamping.

I just left Julee's Mojo Monday blog, (from Verve.) It's a challenge blog. She had almost 500 links in her Mister Linkie one of hers challenges! (That's the most Mr. Linkies I have ever seen from any company blog! (Way to go Julee! LOL!)

I think it's possible that there are so many other places doing challenges and people only have a limited amount of time and they like to mix it up now and then.

But Faith, your challenges are always wonderful. Although I don't have time to play, I sure love to look at your fabulous work!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #50  
Crimping Master

I find it harder to comment because quite often when I look at the new postings, it jumps to that person's gallery for the next photo (or the stamp set gallery) instead of sticking with the new stuff...it was a lot easier before. I hope they change it back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #51  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldsk34View Post
OMGosh I am such an odd ball because the main reason I don't do challenges is because of my picture taking in-ability. Still struggling with that, but it will come. the other main reason is also time!!
Diane,
You should do them anyway. Take your card outside and snap a picture in the natural light. I bet it would come out great!

Splitcoast has so many wonderful challenges to choose from and even if you don't post your challenge card, it's a great way to get the creative juices jump-started!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

I have to agree that if you are late posting, it's probably not worth posting later but that being said, I love the sketches!! I have about 40 blogs in my google reader and now go to some sketch challenge blogs too, but that being said, it's always nice to come "home" to SCS and know exactly where to find things. I still love it here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but I also notice there are less people responding on threads generally and there's not much in the way of different topics lately. A few days ago, I actually was bored and started looking at threads from previous years just to see if there was anything different out there. I just skipped around 10 pages at a time, sometimes 50 pages, until I got to the end. There were a couple interesting topics I brought to the forefront.

So, to me, it seems that less people are on SCS lately. I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Time for staying on the computer all day is dwindling here. Warmer weather means cleaning up the yard and spending long hours outside. Plus working more hours (and again, I'm on the west coast, so by the time I can get to a card, I can pretty much just hope for a few "views". Another reason for not participating recently is that with my limited time, I have been making cards that I NEED vs challenge cards (and the two don't always blend!!).
Comments: I will admit~I don't go to the challenge "gallery". I just go to the daily gallery and try to comment. I find that there are a lot of people who upload wonderful cards but don't get the recognition because it is not a "challenge" card. I try to comment on those cards who are missin' the LOOOOVE!! (hehe)
Exploring Creativity~blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by starView Post
Time for staying on the computer all day is dwindling here. Warmer weather means cleaning up the yard and spending long hours outside. Plus working more hours (and again, I'm on the west coast, so by the time I can get to a card, I can pretty much just hope for a few "views". Another reason for not participating recently is that with my limited time, I have been making cards that I NEED vs challenge cards (and the two don't always blend!!).
Comments: I will admit~I don't go to the challenge "gallery". I just go to the daily gallery and try to comment. I find that there are a lot of people who upload wonderful cards but don't get the recognition because it is not a "challenge" card. I try to comment on those cards who are missin' the LOOOOVE!! (hehe)
You know, I had never thought of that!!! I think I'm going to start doing that as well!!!

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

Faith, I have really been forced to post less often with increased workload as well as my new exercise program. Only so many hours in the day! I really miss my stamping time and have always been happy to see your wonderful comments on the cards I do get to post- no matter how late. It is a little more challenging if you live on the West Coast to get many comments unless you do the challenge the evening before. I LOVE the SCS challenges and the encouragement everyone gives you. I'll be back...... Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

In contrast to most, I've started participating in challenges but I'm not a do-every-challenge person. I love to have comments but lately I realized that by uploading our artwork to SCS we're providing a wealth of info to other crafters; since then even if I don't get comments I know that there are many who've looked at it and there'll be afew whom it would've helped in one way or the other.

Given the number of blogs there are today, I find it easier to look at the gallery and see a variety of artwork than to blog hop a million blogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Kudos to you, Faith, for being such a faithful commenter!! I have to admit I pretty much check my computer as soon as I get up to see what challenge is posted. There are a couple of days where the poster doesn't get it online until mid to late morning. Those days I usually have to skip doing a card since I work full-time and my shift is 2:15 to 10:45. I generally comment on cards after I post mine and then neglect to go back and comment on those who post later in the day. It's really hard to keep up with the large number of posts each day.

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I think a lot of gals are using their computer time to go to blogs instead of staying here on SCS. I've been here for almost 5 years now - hard to believe! But there are so many fantastic blogs - and I *love* the videos - StampTV, Kristina Werner, Angie Juda (Chic'n'Scratch), and Dawn Griffith.

I've also noticed that some of the gals who post their creations on their blogs don't post them here on SCS, which I think is a shame, but obviously I understand that time is at a premium and it's up to each blogger/stamper where she posts her work!!
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #60  
Forum Fanatic

I'm a little different from you guys, I actually prefer if people do NOT comment on a challenge card, because it's like they have to, rather than the card actually striking their fancy, KWIM? I see some so-so challenge cards with 10 comments, and some awesome non-challenge cards with 1...it doesn't make sense to me. Not that I don't love comments--I just want them to be sincere!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #61  
Insane Embellisher

I'm with all above me... I just do what I can. And most of the time that is only like 1 to 5 a week. There are sooo many challenges around. I remember early llast year there I only new of 2 challenge sites and now there are over 40 (I am guessing)
Lauren x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

my time on here is less than it used to be, but i admit to participating in other challenges (i just made kristina werner's top 10!!) because you can do those on your time and still get comments/views... it's actually the views i care about. if people aren't looking at what i am posting then what's the use in taking the photo, editing the photo, uploading the photo, typing the info etc etc... that's my two cents...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Like Lauren, I also do challenges as I can. If the time permits and my supplies permit me to do so, then I will. I also agree with what others said, posting your challenge card later would get less or zero comment. And the non SCS-challenge cards are very seldom given comments as well.

I'm from Australia and the time difference is quite big that's why whenever I see new challenges (well new for me, lol!) and visit the challenge gallery, there were already about 6pages of card submission so that means I'm very, very late :(. I tried posting in the wee hours of the morning just to keep up with the challenges but my! I felt so drained the next day and I have to be up and running as I have kids going to school. So..yeah, it's enough sleep first before any challenges for me from now on. It's hard to keep the creative juice flowing when there's a lack of sleep.

Just my opinion ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #64  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I was away for a week, and missed doing the challenges.
I tend to stick mostly to the ones here and not get caught up with a lot of blog ones unless it's possible to combine them sometimes. Otherwise it's just too much. I like the TLC, WT and LSC especially because they are stretching and a great way to learn and grow, whereas some blog challenges aren't such a *challenge* unless they are quite specific.
Faith, you're a star with your comments. I try to comment in the morning my time, but I can't say I do every card. The wireless connection and DH being on IE both slow it down. But it does mean that I comment on cards posted later in the day, and I will try, if I have time, to go back a day or two later and see some of the cards that weren't uploaded on the challenge day. Work has been busy for the last few months, though I am looking forward to the next two months being quieter, with 2 guaranteed set days off a week.
I didn't quite get kphorse's comment about too much stuff in the General Forum making it harder to comment, I must say. It's easy enough to find the challenge from the sidebar, now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #65  

Received 207 Likes on 186 Posts

Good question....for me, I can hardly get a card made, photographed and uploaded in one day as I work 10 hr days. I love playing along in the challenges...especially lately in the CAS challenges. I SO appreciate when someone visits my gallery and I always try and give them a comment back. I know some people that can't post right away feel discouraged at the number of comments they receive but I think they should keep doing what they love and enjoy creating despite the number of comments they do or do not receive.
This site is so inpirational and my first come to place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #66  

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Definately alot of challenges all over the web these days! Plus with my two DT's there are always assignments due that suck that time up, lol! I'm a one card wonder, I can't make more than one project per sitting and I have so many projects due for different things that fitting those daily SCS challenges in is getting more and more *challenging* lol! I do always try to fit the sketch and color combo challenge in as those are my favorites!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 03:39 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

i work in and out of the house(and then some) and i only play if
i get up really early or have a day off.
i try to comment. really i do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:09 AM   #68  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Diane,
You should do them anyway. Take your card outside and snap a picture in the natural light. I bet it would come out great!

Splitcoast has so many wonderful challenges to choose from and even if you don't post your challenge card, it's a great way to get the creative juices jump-started!
Thank you Gina for your kind words. I see so many crisp pictures that I want mine to look that way. And so many friends have told me to stop being so hard on myself................so I probably will start just doing it anyway. Thanks so much for the encouragement!!!

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 AM   #69  
Insane Embellisher

I do challenges sporadically. Someone else mentioned that if they are not inspired by the challenge then they don't do it. I'm that way too and sometimes I just plain forget about them.

I try to do every CAS challenge but had a couple of weeks I didn't get to participate but that's one challenge I actually remember every week. I think it's because, compared to many others, I have limited supplies and am able to complete that challenge easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 AM   #70  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 607 Likes on 427 Posts

Spring means lots more kids activities, soccer, t-ball, etc and less time at home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 AM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Faith asks about why are so many fewer people doing the challenges here on SCS. I know I have been here for 4 years now and I have definitely noticed changes...not in our beloved Splitcoast!...but in what is "out there". Here's what I see that has changed over time:

Four years ago, there was Splitcoast. A few people had blogs, but the frenzy had not yet begun. There were other communities (like Two Peas), but SCS was the premier stamping site.

Since then we have PCP and StampTV and PTI forums...and others I can't remember all the initials for.
Since then, blogs have absolutely exploded in numbers. Many post here on SCS as well as their blog, but many don't.

Four years ago, SCS was the only place I knew of for challenges. In fact, that was the case even up to a little over a year ago.

Since then, challenges have exploded everywhere. Communities have them, individual blogs have them. I even tried to make a list of challenges that I could look at and choose which ones to visit. Every day of the week has between 10 and 20 you could choose from...and more are being created all the time!

Now, I'd venture to say that every one of us has limited time to spend on the computer, and in stamping. Sure, that time may vary day-to-day or season-to-season, but the fact is that it is limited. (After all, there are only 24 hours in a day, right?! LOL) And the nitty-gritty of the whole thing is: if we divide our limited time between more options, then each option gets less time.

So, what does all this mean? More blogs to visit, our own blogs to keep up, more blog challenges, more communities and more community challenges, they all make for less participation here. Personally, I am pruning down all the extras and focusing on SCS. I have realized that it is impossible to spread myself that thin.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #72  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Diane,

This thread got into "comments,etc." That is NOT what I was addressing, however, it seems to be a hot topic. Thank you for bringing it back to the initial question.

With that in mind, I wanted to address some of the issues mentioned about "time" to participate, etc. (Heck, you all had GREAT answers, and I thought you may want to hear what I thought...Maybe not! LOL!)

I am a full professor at a local private university. I have an elementary school age child. I am the caregiver for my dying mother. I am also the responsible party for my Alzheimer's ridden father. I have a SU! business and hold weekly stamp camps. I babysit my sister's ill children, weekly. I garden. I have 11 pets! I'm a Cub Scout leader. I'm on 5 design teams. I read, grade papers and design quilts. However, that said, I'm totally in love with my best friend, my FABULOUS husband. Without him, I could NEVER do it all.

However, and THIS IS MY PERSONAL choice, I spend my "spare time" on SCS. I LOVE it here! And, the SCS community is WONDERFUL. The stampers here CARE about one another. We send RAK's, we comment on each other's cards, we are the shoulder to cry on, and this is the place to get inspiration.

I have been stamping on and off for over 20 years. I love to sit down and make a card. It's fast. It's creative. It's DONE!

I started participating in the daily challenges and noticed that I was being "forced" to work outside my "box." I also noticed that I started to actually LIKE my cards. LOL The more SCS challenges, the more confident I became.

Diane, I find that you have hit the nail on the head!
I also have had to prune down to just SCS and a FEW other "favorite" challenges.

Time being so precious to each of us, I just feel that SCS brought me to the dance, and I'm going stick with "him" and dance with a FEW others, but make sure that I go home with the "guy" who brought me....

Thanks EVERYONE for your great input...
Faith
Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
Faith asks about why are so many fewer people doing the challenges here on SCS. I know I have been here for 4 years now and I have definitely noticed changes...not in our beloved Splitcoast!...but in what is "out there". Here's what I see that has changed over time:

Four years ago, there was Splitcoast. A few people had blogs, but the frenzy had not yet begun. There were other communities (like Two Peas), but SCS was the premier stamping site.

Since then we have PCP and StampTV and PTI forums...and others I can't remember all the initials for.
Since then, blogs have absolutely exploded in numbers. Many post here on SCS as well as their blog, but many don't.

Four years ago, SCS was the only place I knew of for challenges. In fact, that was the case even up to a little over a year ago.

Since then, challenges have exploded everywhere. Communities have them, individual blogs have them. I even tried to make a list of challenges that I could look at and choose which ones to visit. Every day of the week has between 10 and 20 you could choose from...and more are being created all the time!

Now, I'd venture to say that every one of us has limited time to spend on the computer, and in stamping. Sure, that time may vary day-to-day or season-to-season, but the fact is that it is limited. (After all, there are only 24 hours in a day, right?! LOL) And the nitty-gritty of the whole thing is: if we divide our limited time between more options, then each option gets less time.

So, what does all this mean? More blogs to visit, our own blogs to keep up, more blog challenges, more communities and more community challenges, they all make for less participation here. Personally, I am pruning down all the extras and focusing on SCS. I have realized that it is impossible to spread myself that thin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #73  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by markie's momView Post

I am a full professor at a local private university. I have an elementary school age child. I am the caregiver for my dying mother. I am also the responsible party for my Alzheimer's ridden father. I have a SU! business and hold weekly stamp camps. I babysit my sister's ill children, weekly. I garden. I have 11 pets! I'm a Cub Scout leader. I'm on 5 design teams. I read, grade papers and design quilts. However, that said, I'm totally in love with my best friend, my FABULOUS husband. Without him, I could NEVER do it all.

Faith
Faith, you're an inspiration. Do you ever get to sleep?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #74  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by askagainView Post
Faith, you're an inspiration. Do you ever get to sleep?
Funny you should ask....Markie has a sleeping disorder...When he sleeps, I sleep. Sometimes Markie doesn't get to bed until well after 2AM!!! YIKES!

I get up at 3AM everyday. We a teacup poodle with the SMALLEST bladder in the world...HE wakes me up! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #75  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by markie's momView Post
Diane,

I have been stamping on and off for over 20 years. I love to sit down and make a card. It's fast. It's creative. It's DONE!

I started participating in the daily challenges and noticed that I was being "forced" to work outside my "box." I also noticed that I started to actually LIKE my cards. LOL The more SCS challenges, the more confident I became.

Diane, I find that you have hit the nail on the head!
I also have had to prune down to just SCS and a FEW other "favorite" challenges.

Time being so precious to each of us, I just feel that SCS brought me to the dance, and I'm going stick with "him" and dance with a FEW others, but make sure that I go home with the "guy" who brought me....

Thanks EVERYONE for your great input...
Faith
Wow, you are one busy lady! The main reason I participate in the challenges is because it does make me think outside of my comfort zone and encourages me to try things I hadn't thought of before. I don't get to play a lot because of of my jobs is being a nanny. I often am gone from my house Tuesday-Thursday nights so I don't have access to my computer and camera on a regular basis, especially during the week. I take things to work on when I am gone but I'm just not always able to post them. My crafting time and SCS time are my times to relax and I am a much better person when I have that time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #76  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Sorry, I see am guilty of one who side-tracked slightly into the commenting issue. I didn't intend to. If I like a challenge and miss it on the day, I'll go back and do it later and I don't mind if it gets no views or comments, it's been either fun or a learning curve or just a challenge to get me motivated.
I liked what you said here - Time being so precious to each of us, I just feel that SCS brought me to the dance, and I'm going stick with "him" and dance with a FEW others, but make sure that I go home with the "guy" who brought me... I've certainly found that there isn't time to do all the blog challenges I would like. And goodness, I don't even follow that many in the first place, my Google Reader list totals 45, and that includes news podcasts and some from BBC World Service, and two weather feeds. But being realistic, it's what I can handle and still have time for the other things in my life. Including here and one other forum...
But I could never get by with as little sleep as you - I'd be as cranky as heck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #77  
Mad Swapper

I barely have time to make cards or scrapbook, let alone upload. I didn't make anything in the whole month of March...that really sucks!~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #78  

Wow - what an interesting thread. I'm one of the opposites and find that I am participating in more challenges on SCS than I ever did before. I try to do 3 to 4 of them a week depending on my time. As I've done more challenges, I've realized my cards are so much better, I'm taking more time doing them and have become confident in my card making. I'm finally coming into my own with my cardmaking. I feel that the challenges get you out of your comfort zone and do what they say - they challenge you.
I design for Stamping Bella.

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

I had done a few challenges awhile back and really enjoyed them, but I lost my stamp room and really have nowhere to stamp. I am trying to resolve that quickly as I haven't stamped since December. Yes, DECEMBER. It really stinks and I find that I feel more stressed.
I think the "time" thing is really a matter of priorities. I own my own business (music studio/retail store). I am my only employee. I have 2 small children and my DH works a full time job. I get up in the morning, get my babies fed and dressed, get myself fed and dressed, "try" to get something done around the house before 12 noon. Then I have to take my oldest to preschool, get lunch, and then get my store open my 1pm. I bring my little DD to work with me unless I have lessons then she goes with Gramma. Gramma picks up big DD and either brings her to the store also, OR gramma takes her to dance class on Wed. or home if I have lessons. The store closes at 8pm. I close up the register and the store itself and usually can get home by 8:30. THEN, I make dinner (we eat late) get my babies and myself ready for bed. Now by this point I am exhausted. However, I could very well make time, after all of this, to do some kind of stamping/scrapping. I like to watch some TV in the evenings, BUT I'm just rotting my brain anyway, so why not take the hour to do something I enjoy.
Life isn't easy for anyone and we are all busy, tired, stressed, overworked, underpaid, etc., but for our own sanity we need to find time to enjoy life too. God didn't put us here to do an all work, no play thing.
So, with that said (sorry I kinda rambled a bit), I think a lot of people use time as an excuse for not doing things they should do/want to do (not pointing fingers at anyone here, really, just a general statement). It's all a matter of priorities. Are SCS challenges a priority in my life??? Well, no. Would I enjoy doing them? Yep. Can I find time to do one or more a week. If I really wanted to. Will I try. Sure, as soon as I can find somewhere to stamp, lol. I guess my whole point is that life becomes boring and tedious if we don't make it a top priority to enjoy things that we like to do, even if we lose 30 minutes of sleep or miss one episode of "the simpsons".

Oh and I am NOT a fan of the member company feeds. Please don't hurt me, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #80  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

For me personally its just time and motivation.

The SCS Challenges are what helped me grow as as stamper when I started stamping a few years ago so I will never stop at least checking them out...

I am so tired sometimes after work that I dont get to stamp a thing but when I HAVE to stamp something I go straight to the Challenges Forum and usually choose either the color or sketch challenge and do those, so I still do 1 or 2 a week....just NEVER on the day of the challenge so usually no one notices ;)

But I stamp for me so I am not worried about it.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes