Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Untapped Talent Galleries

Where's that thread at about stampers who's galleries do not get any notice or comments? I don't know but just when I logged in, I saw something that knocked my socks off!

You have got to check out The Griz and her gallery can be found here. You're going to enjoy this one!

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for pointing out this amazing gallery! I really enjoyed looking at the work done by The Griz and left comments on several cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

The Griz has awesome talent! I feel like I could jump right into some of the scenes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

These are just the most wonderful cards!!!!! I hope more people take a look and make some wonderful comments!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Really beautiful stuff!

Here's my opinion on why she may not have many comments....for what it's worth. These are beautiful, but cards without basic descriptions of any sort can turn some off from commenting. Most like a basic recipe and if there is something super interesting - like her beautiful backgrounds - a little more info on how it's done.

Like I said, just my observation from being around here for many years.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Her work is stunning. Thanks for pointing it out!

What a great idea too! You should start a thread where people nominate under-commented on galleries. Would love to see some more attention spread around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #7  

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
Really beautiful stuff!

Here's my opinion on why she may not have many comments....for what it's worth. These are beautiful, but cards without basic descriptions of any sort can turn some off from commenting. Most like a basic recipe and if there is something super interesting - like her beautiful backgrounds - a little more info on how it's done.

I totally agree with you there Valerie. It was frustrating for me personally not to see any basics because if I wanted to CASE, I really wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm sure many others would, but not me I had just happened to hit upon her latest upload when visiting the gallery was it was on the Recently Uploaded and saw her card and figured I'd share it. I don't even think I would have found her normally with a keyword. I just PM'd her and asked her to share details with us if she wouldn't mind.

Last edited by KY Southern Belle; 06-14-2009 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Really beautiful stuff!

That is why I don't comment on numerous cards that I like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Really beautiful stuff!

That is why I often don't comment on cards that I like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I've been noticing a few of the cards Griz has been uploading, but I agree it's hard to get noticed on this website unless you upload for challenges or use a keyword that someone will readily search by. There are lots of cards that just don't fit neatly into one of the upload categories. Especially if you don't always use SU products. Sometimes cards can be loaded based on techniques used. That might be a good option in this case. Are they masked, using a brayer, sponging?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy Moly! What awesome art!

Another reason such wonderful talent might not garner many comments is that people often favorite or comment on cards they want to CASE or that are their personal style. Without the Stampscape stamps The Griz uses, these would be hard to duplicate. Also, the style is very distinctive, very artsy, and highly talented. I wouldn't know where to begin to copy this sort of card or work in this style, and frankly the talent involved intimidates me, LOL!

That said, I will certainly go leave The Griz some comments. Thanks, Cindy, for bringing this gallery to our attention!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by askagainView Post
Her work is stunning. Thanks for pointing it out!

What a great idea too! You should start a thread where people nominate under-commented on galleries. Would love to see some more attention spread around!
That thread has been around for many weeks, started by me and kept up for a long time by TrishG. It was called "recommending a gallery that deserves attention" and you can find it here:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #13  

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
That thread has been around for many weeks, started by me and kept up for a long time by TrishG. It was called "recommending a gallery that deserves attention" and you can find it here:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Thank you for that! I knew there was something around like this. I wonder if the PTB here might start a sub-board for this? I'll ask. It won't hurt.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I set up my gallery knowing I was going to want to post cards I'd made, but also cards my kids at school made and cards I'd received. So, from the beginning I used albums. The last time this "I don't comment on cards that don't post recipes" came up in a thread I was following, I noted that the recipe boxes don't show up when I upload and someone (sorry, I forget who) explained that for anyone with albums, these boxes are not there.

I usually try to put some basic information- what I used to color, the stamp if I know it, whether I used cuttlebug or nestabilities- in either the description or in the keywords. But I definitely don't "give a recipe". Obviously a) because the option is not presented to me because of my albums set-up, but also b) because I don't store my stuff by manufacturer or any other way to remember who made it or what the color is called etc.

I guess I am just not ****-retentive, obsessive-compulsive enough to think that whether I used Palette or Memento black ink really matters, whether the card stock is DCWV, CTMH or basic Michael's really matters, and whether the "official" color of the paper or ink I used really matters. Especially since I mix much of my cardmaking and scrapbooking supplies, and do not keep them sorted in any way except my own little system that works for me- and means I don't know once they're opened where I got them.

I *do* think that the "I don't comment on cards that don't give recipes" position is rather petulant- it translates to "if you don't tell me how to make your card, I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of telling you it is nice". It reeks of 6th grade school yard. Not only is Susie not telling Janie how nice her new dress/haircut/schoolbag looks, she's making sure Janie knows she is not telling her on purpose. Shouldn't we all be just a little more mature than that?

Now that summer is here I will have time to make cards again, and will upload them again. But, I will be sure not to feel bad if I get no comments- I outgrew caring about Susie in the schoolyard a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't care about the brand/color of paper, ink, etc but I do think it would be nice if the stamp company would be identified.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #16  
Inking Addict

Thank you all for the wonderful comments you've made on my gallery.

first of all I am a man and not a female like most of you. and I generally not use stampin up stamps as they are much too cute as i'm into the realistic types stampscapes is my favorite line..
I can't stand the cutzie type of stamps myself and don't know many of us men who do while granted there are only a handfull of us around.

also i've only been a member for a couple weeks to your club. really don't know much about this thread things and wouldn't have looked for it if that lady hadn't told me in a email that she did it.

while i've noticed that on many of the scenes there seems to be like a chart or form to fill out that lists the ink paper stamps etc I have no clue where to find such a form.

i've been using that description box to add to the story that i've been told my scenes tell. I just figured that if anyone wants to know how I make these scenes they'll just ask.

it's really not very easy for me to sit and write alot as i'm disabled and in deep cronic pain 24/7 that keeps me from sleeping and living a normal life like most people. on average I only able to sleep 2 to 3 hrs at a time and sometimes I just sit at my desk all spaced out and feeling really out of it due to the narcotic type of controlled pain meds i'm on. with all of this I can't even do the simplist things in life to just go to a dr appt is a major chore. my wife has to do all the household chores and errans as I am unable to help her. so my art does help me excape into my dream world of where I usually base my art somewhere in the back country of Montana.

and if I don't leave enough on how I do my scenes to where it makes those not want to comment on them that is fine too that is their choice. but I do really appreciate the comments that are made.

i'm also open to all kinds of critism good and bad as since i'm still just a beginner there's always something I can do to make them better. as I have always felt that if an artist truely wants to impove they need to be able to handle comments on what others think that could make them improve. even though I know from past experience that most people only want to hear how great their art is and not what they can do to make them better. those people seem to slowly improve if they improve at all. as i've been in several stamping groups thru yahoo and that is all they want.
and I certainly do not want to hurt anyones feelings and if some of my remarks here have then please forgive me as that is not my intent just trying to explain myself.
so if anyone ever has question on how I do things feel free to email me or ask the question on the gallery and will answer the questions there after I read them.

Many Thanks,
Terry "The Griz"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, Terry! Nice to meet you! First of all, I wanna say I would never have pegged your work as "beginner," they are wonderful! I love Stampscapes stamps, too...I took some clases years ago and learned just how easy and fun they are to work with. You can make scenes as simple or complex as you want.

The business about the "recipe" is a preference. Many people have their own reasons for how much or little info is filled out, and all of those reasons are completely valid. The gallery is open to all, and we are so grateful to everybody that chooses to share their stuff. I tell ya, I'm so grateful to Cindy right now for pointing out your gallery... I don't get to the place much anymore, so I know I miss a LOT of great stuff...

I can relate somewhat to your "zoned out-edness," lol...I take maintenance pain meds too, and I often have difficulty pushing myself to do more than stare at the paper. Your work certainly doesn't reflect that! I'm looking forward to going back to spend more time looking over your stuff. Welcome to Splitcoast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, Terry!

Your pictures are incredible! They are so gorgeous I cannot think of enough words- and, for me, that is amazing!

Like me, you are not seeing a recipe box because you have your gallery set up in albums and no box appears when you upload.

Your work is obviously Stampscapes so I would not worry about the recipe.

I want to get a whole collection of Stampscape stamps (I have some but not enough collected yet to make real scenes), but I doubt I could ever approach your level of beauty and sophistication with them.

Have you taken any of the classes? If there were ever any in my area I surely would!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

Hello Betsy,
thank you for taking the time to post a reply to my statement and thank you so much for your complements. But like the master stampscaper Kevin the owner of stampscapes who refers to himself as a beginner all the time and my talent isn't even half as good as his. but he's my mentor and once day I hope to get to the half way mark and i'm such a long ways from that but I keep trying and i've learned so much from his online lesson pages. I do consider myself self taught but frequently seek out his help and advice which he freely gives me. an old friend of mine said to me about 10 yrs ago back when I first started that Kevin must have seen something in me and sort of has taken me under his wing to help me to get to where I am today of which I feel very fortunate.
pretty much all of the stuff i've been uploading the past few days are from stuff I did last year and the year before as for the past month I haven't been able to do any stamping due to a couple severe eye infections and then dry eye.
just noticed that my last 20 plus postings have been approved and should now be in my gallery.
yesterday I started on a wolf scene with a rising moon and all i've got done is the sky for which I tried a new color combination to get a different night time effect then what I had been doing

thank you for your welcome several people have been really nice with thier comments on my stuff and I really do appreciate them all so very much...

~Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #20  
Inking Addict

TCHK,

thank you so much for your complement i've been doing stampscapes since the mid 90's and I have a very large gallery in the customer gallery section there and if you go there and check it out and read my on line interview with the master Kevin you can see how raw my first scenes were and thru the pics there you can see how i've developed to get to where I am at today and it took lots and lots of trial and error can't tell you how many times I had to start over.
you can easily make a scene with just 3 or 4 stampscapes stamps which is how most people start. personally I have the whole line but it took me several yrs to get them all.
yes I took two classes from Kevin back in the year 2001 best money I ever spent. but if you follow his lesson plans on line you can learn a lot which is what i've done.

lately i've been seeing alot of stampscapes stamps on ebay u might want to check them out and maybe u can get some cheap that way but be carefull i've seen a few that sold for more then what you can get them on the website.

on my gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/thebighunk2003 I have a album that list several pages of stamps that I have up for sale for very cheap prices.

~Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Smile

I thought the Gallery was amazing, but was a little put off by the fact that no receipe's were left. I would like to know the technique used, for the very least, so that I could follow up on that, and the stamps used, I just may like one and want to buy it. I didn't leave any comments just for that fact. I think that least a poster can do is share the minimum. I am in the process of photographing my cards (because I have just started stamping), and have a written list of what was used on each card. I think this really helps other people in case they like the card and want to make one like it themselves. Sorry to rant, but this is just how I feel. It really irks me.

Have happy stamping days ahead!

Trish in Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:47 AM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Terry! Great coloring on your cards. I'm one of the other guys hanging around here..I'm also one of the guys who likes the cutesy stuff . But I really like your stuff...very nice!
Kevin was on http://www.rubberstampchat.net/index.php last month, did you happen to catch it? He did an open forum question and answer thing.

Timbo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 AM   #23  
Inking Addict

well trish in wiscousin, that is entirely up to u if you want to comment on my scenes or even look at them really doesn't matter to me what's next you want step by step insturctions for each scene and maybe a diagram to a store that sells the stamp.

maybe u need some of that famous wiscousin cheese to go with that whine...

like I said before i'm new to this site and still learning.... and since I don't do things the way you want maybe you'd be more happy if I just packed up my scenes and left this gallery site.

i'm always happy to share my art and what I know with others and happy to answer any questions asked of me on how I do things. all anyone has to do is ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 06:35 AM   #24  
Inking Addict

Hi Timbo,

many thanks for your complements on my art. glad to see there are other males here and I must admit you are the first male that i've ever heard of that likes the cutzie stuff
so i'm really shocked to hear that. however I do know a lot of women who don't either but they are the ones who are heavy into the stampscapes stuff.
and no I didn't know Kevin was on ruberstamp chat as i'm not a member of that site I was a couple yrs ago but left after a few days

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Come, come....everyone's entitled to their feelings and opinions. Some may be more tactful than others, lol, but their feelings are no less valid. It's a given that not everybody likes the same thing...thank goodness for that!

The site was created for people to share. There are no stipulations as to stamp companies to use, image genre, etc. If something doesn't float your boat, whether it's the image, or the coloring, or the info left or not left, that's fine. There's not necessarily a reason to come right out and say so, though...just move on to the next upload. There are THOUSANDS uploaded every week...one can't expect all of them to meet everybody's expectations.

Terry, I just *knew* your name was familiar...it's been awhile, but I've seen your name and gallery over on Stampscapes.com. Now THERE'S a place to lose yourself, lol! You could easily get sucked in to "just one more gallery" and before you know it, 4 hours have disappeared...

Live and let live, guys...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh there are so many great card makers here. I love to just browse through the gallery by latest updates/uploads. I find a lot of lovely cards that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GrizView Post
maybe u need some of that famous wiscousin cheese to go with that whine...

like I said before i'm new to this site and still learning.... and since I don't do things the way you want maybe you'd be more happy if I just packed up my scenes and left this gallery site.

NO,NO don't pack up and leave! I love your gallery. Wish I was so talented.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriboHeartsView Post
I thought the Gallery was amazing, but was a little put off by the fact that no receipe's were left. I would like to know the technique used, for the very least, so that I could follow up on that, and the stamps used, I just may like one and want to buy it. I didn't leave any comments just for that fact. I think that least a poster can do is share the minimum. I am in the process of photographing my cards (because I have just started stamping), and have a written list of what was used on each card. I think this really helps other people in case they like the card and want to make one like it themselves. Sorry to rant, but this is just how I feel. It really irks me.

Have happy stamping days ahead!

Trish in Wisconsin
It's so nice that you are so compulsive that you have a written list of everything you used on each card. Complete list and description of every technique as well? Too bad you are so negative and judgmental about those who don't.

Like I said before, little Susie has to make SURE that Janie knows she is being snubbed- how petty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GrizView Post
TCHK,

thank you so much for your complement i've been doing stampscapes since the mid 90's and I have a very large gallery in the customer gallery section there and if you go there and check it out and read my on line interview with the master Kevin you can see how raw my first scenes were and thru the pics there you can see how i've developed to get to where I am at today and it took lots and lots of trial and error can't tell you how many times I had to start over.
you can easily make a scene with just 3 or 4 stampscapes stamps which is how most people start. personally I have the whole line but it took me several yrs to get them all.
yes I took two classes from Kevin back in the year 2001 best money I ever spent. but if you follow his lesson plans on line you can learn a lot which is what i've done.

lately i've been seeing alot of stampscapes stamps on ebay u might want to check them out and maybe u can get some cheap that way but be carefull i've seen a few that sold for more then what you can get them on the website.

on my gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/thebighunk2003 I have a album that list several pages of stamps that I have up for sale for very cheap prices.

~Terry
Thanks for the info!

Right now I am in off-from-school-but-not-on-vacation-mode. SOOO much work to do around the house before Disney World next week and then the shore for 4 weeks starting July 5th.

One of the biggest jobs facing me is getting my crafting room organized. And, as part of that I MUST get my stamps organized. I have some Stampscapes as I told you but right now they are not kept separately from all the others. I want to be able to look on ebay and anywhere else I can get some stamps, including the website, and know immediately which I already have.

So, is there a master list somewhere? I have looked at the website but maybe I missed it. Otherwise, I will just have to start a database.

Thanks for the nice post- hope you have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Glad you found your way to this thread Terry, "The Griz"!
I haven't been uploading to this site very long either, and it does take a while to figure out how everything works around here. Most of the feedback you'll receive is very positive, sorry if you were offended that some people thought you were a woman. I try not to make those assumptions around here.
The stamps that you are using appeal to me so I'll have to go check out Stampscapes. I'm not a big cutesy stamp lover either, but I do have a little girl so I am finding myself making more "kid friendly" cards lately. I've also been sending cards to Cards for Heroes and they like kid cards too. Kid cards, love and miss you cards, and guy themed cards are the most popular. I'm always trying to make cards that appeal to the fellows, but can be loved by those at home too. I've got a few flower cards in my gallery, but I don't think you'll think it's sickening sweet if you want to take a peek.
Hope you have fun here at SCS, because we do like your cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #31  
Inking Addict

tchk,

if you want send me a private email and i'll give you the web site of my favorite places to buy the types of stamps that I use.. just got a preview from sutter stamps of some new ones that she will be releasing in a week or so by the first of july for sure and she has done some really awesom images. So I will be spending a small fortune real soon. I need to cut down on my ebay purchases before the wifey finds out... lol she already thinks I have way too many
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 AM   #32  
Inking Addict

thanks Armadillo i'll stay for awhile I just don't want to be attacked and insulted like that again... i'm happy to share my art and techinques with anyone that asks.

I certainly didn't deserve it and I really don't want to delete all my scenes and go elsewhere. I do enjoy looking at all the different types of art. as i've looked at several of the galleries here spent almost a full day just going down the list
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #33  
Inking Addict

Samme I did go and look at your gallery and you do some very nice work I left a comment on my favorite one of yours.. I do have a couple of the stamps that are considered the cutzie type which i've posted the other day in my gallery all the posts I did over the past couple days are scenes that i've done in 2007 and 2008.. been having some health problems for the past month that has kept me from doing any coloring. but am slowling getting back to it.
actually I wasn't too offended by everyone thinking I was female i'm used to it as I know that in the stamping world only about 2% of the stampers are men. just thought I should everyone know that i'm a male bear.
guess i'm not totally against the cutzie stuff as I recently purchased on ebay some cutzie stamps called gruffies ofcourse they are bears so that's probably why.. lol however one of the fishing scenes that I posted recently is a bit on the cutzie side .
I have made scenes for little kids as until my health labled me disabled I worked as a custodianin an elementry school and often made scenes for some of the kids I got to know which I would use one of my unicorn stamps or a princess stamp and sometimes just a deer. I think that's wonderful that you send stuff to the troops I have a dear friend who does that as well as people who are shut in.
I do like wildflowers that I see when out in the wilds of Montana and ofcourse my favorite one is called Bear Grass if you don't know what that is it's a member of the lily family. saturday morning I started working on a scene with a wolf with the moon rising in the back ground and hopefully I can get back to it soon so I can post it in my gallery.
your quote about the brown paper really made my laugh hysterically!

probably won't visit this thread too much as i'll have my fun posting and looking at the different new art in the galleries.

so if anyone has questions about my scenes and techinques you are welcome to email me anytime and i'll be happy to answer your questions.

Happy stamping!
The Griz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Terry - Your cards are FABULOUS!!! I am also a Stampscapes lover and Northwoods Rubber Stamps are my favorite companies for these types of stamps.
Keep creating and posting to your Gallery!!
As metioned before - you have an album so you will not all the INK, Stamps catagoriers to post so thats why you can't find them when you upload.

Thank you Cindy for bringing this Gallery to our attention!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Terry/The Griz
Your work is beautiful. I am sorry you felt you had to explain why you didn't upload recipes - sharing your beautiful work with us is enough for me I adore Stampscapes I never got into them because frankly I knew I would get addicted and without a local source I would go bust real quick lol. I will have to be content watching your beautiful work and stamp vicariously through yours.

One thing to add though- I always learn from each and every card I see whether or not I have the products used or like their style. It could be color combo, design, intriguing technique, or even how it was photographed. I think if we only look for what we have, we will miss out and not grow as stampers. I can honestly say that I see some sort of beauty and lesson in every card I see.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #36  
Inking Addict

Griz, keep up the great work! The bottom line is, continue to do what you do best, whether you get a comment or not.

I feel those who say they don't leave comments because there is no recipe are only fooling themselves. I'm mean come on, if you like something you will comment regardless. That's just common courtesy. Just like if you see someone with a nice dress on, but you don't see the tag of where they bought it you mean to tell me because of that you don't comment on it? It just doesn't make sense.

I stopped posting because I don't use any Stampin up products and I believe that if you don't use the products you're less likely to get noticed and that's fine with me. I enjoy what I'm doing and that's the main reason why I do it. Also I create a little differently than what is done here. Many are just casing and going by challenges and sketches so much of it all looks the same. I choose to use my imagination and creativity to make something different and that's what works for me.

The comments that I do get I really appreciate because it let's you know someone who shares your interest has taken a peek and took the time out of their busy schedule to leave feedback. How can you not appreciate that? But in the end, let's all just KEEP UP THE CREATIVITY.

Those who refuse to work for themselves will always work for others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 03:33 AM   #37  
Inking Addict

Hi Willing,

Actually it really doesn't bother me if people don't leave a comment on my art as i do art because I like to do it and not to please anyone else. as for those who refuse to leave a comment because I don't do this so called recipes then that's their problem.

a friend of mine told me about this place but didn't tell me that it's a stampin up site as I dont have much of their stuff just a few of their wild life as I find their line to be more on the cutzie side for scap booking and not for what I do. and i'm not saying there is anything wrong with the cutzie type stamping as we all can't do the same type of art we just do what we like and for me that's the realistic stuff. I do look at most of the stuff that is being posted since I joined this site and from time to time i'll spend a couple hrs just going thru the different galleriesand have left some comments on the ones that I really like alot take too long to leave on every piece of art.
myself I don't case other people as the best part of creating is to create using your own ideas to go form nothing and coming up with something beautiful. and like most people i am my own worst critic! lol
I also appreciate any comments I get on my art very much. I recently finished two scenes and posted them nnow have to wait until the powers that be approve them which is something newe to me as other places once you upload something it's righ t there in your gallery instead of waiting on the moderator to decide if it can be in your
album. I do wonder why it works like that here..........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Terry/The Griz
Your work is beautiful. I am sorry you felt you had to explain why you didn't upload recipes - sharing your beautiful work with us is enough for me I adore Stampscapes I never got into them because frankly I knew I would get addicted and without a local source I would go bust real quick lol. I will have to be content watching your beautiful work and stamp vicariously through yours.

One thing to add though- I always learn from each and every card I see whether or not I have the products used or like their style. It could be color combo, design, intriguing technique, or even how it was photographed. I think if we only look for what we have, we will miss out and not grow as stampers. I can honestly say that I see some sort of beauty and lesson in every card I see.

Totally agree with what you've said here, on both topics! We'll just have to visit Terry's gallery regularly, and then everyone elses galleries. Oh, and we can't forget to make some things ourselves, so other people can visit us too.
Reply With Quote Likes