Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting to note there's no hostess appreciation set. That's a good thing, in my book. I hated it when there was a "must have" set that was HA. That's not to say I didn't eventually earn all of the sets I wanted, but still...I think I like this set up better.

PS: I like those clowns - I think they're really cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

THanks so much for posting...I see a few must haves in there...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

I want them all!! But most of all the flipflops, the wheels one, the cowboy one and edgy eloquence ... I am gonna have to kiss some DH butt to get all of them but maybe I'll suceed............
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

unable to get the link to the mini catalog. Could someone post it again so I can see what everyone is talking about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 03:19 AM   #45  
Glitter Guru

We want to see it too!My demo is gone away and I can't see it until she comes back home.Plus my kids are still on vacation this week so I have to wait until next week to try and get over there to see it.

Although I do have to say they sound really cute.where did you view this.sounds like too many ladies here got to get a sneak peak and i want to see it too.

My son dressed up as a cowboy 1 year for halloween I even paited one of those little curly cue mustaches on him.he so cute anyway.but he looked even cuter with the mustache.

what is the shore thing you are talking about.I like the sounds of the flip flop wheel.
what other things are in there that noone mentioned any more sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 03:53 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!
Cool

ROFL.... I wondered what happened to that other thread. Thanks for the link. I've only been in forums for a few months. I had a feeling something was gonna happen with that one. OMG. I only got to about page 2 or 3 before I had to go make dinner. Then I got busy. This morning i had some time to come find it and... well...it was magically "gone".

That was amazing to read. All I ever said was "waiting makes me nuts...and that I was pretty excited to see it." I come back later and things have spun OUT. Must have gotten pretty bad.

Did someone start name calling? Were punches thrown? Warnings given? LMBO and shaking my head in stunned silence...

Glad someone posted the link...I'd like to see how that thread ended up. Gonna go read. My life is boring compared to what I read here. LoL.

UPDATE: Ok so I finished reading and I'm happy to see that some cooler heads prevailed. Nice to see some appologies, though maybe one person I thought maybe should have didn't. In any case, that's over. I was also glad so see some of the more personal comments removed. It was skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery.

Have a great day ladies--whatever you do... I hope you have some fun stamping this weekend!

Last edited by BsmtScrapper; 04-21-2006 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:16 AM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is the link to the Summer Mini:

http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/SummerMini.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 05:56 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper
ROFL.... I wondered what happened to that other thread. Thanks for the link. I've only been in forums for a few months. I had a feeling something was gonna happen with that one. OMG. I only got to about page 2 or 3 before I had to go make dinner. Then I got busy. This morning i had some time to come find it and... well...it was magically "gone".

That was amazing to read. All I ever said was "waiting makes me nuts...and that I was pretty excited to see it." I come back later and things have spun OUT. Must have gotten pretty bad.

Did someone start name calling? Were punches thrown? Warnings given? LMBO and shaking my head....

Glad someone posted the link...I'd like to see how that one ended up. Gonna go read. My life is boring compared to what I read here. LoL.
It got really ugly- but I think tempers have cooled down which is good because I think the ladies here are a wonderful and creative group and there wasn't any sense in some of the venom being spewed. I'm glad it is over....for now anyway. It's probably a good thing they removed that thread- it wasn't pretty at all and certainly not the norm for the forums from what I have seen. But we will certainly enjoy the Summer Mini when we can finally order from it- that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:05 AM   #49  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Posting the link is a bad idea--thanks for ruining the surprise to my customers when I revealed the Summer Mini at my party for that very purpose! I sure appreciate having my whole reason for the party hijacked.
and to post it AGAIN, after the thread was removed--now that's classy.
I'm going to leave SCS for a while, driving me nuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:13 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Exclamation

Quote:

Originally Posted by pudgiesmom
Posting the link is a bad idea--thanks for ruining the surprise to my customers when I revealed the Summer Mini at my party for that very purpose! I sure appreciate having my whole reason for the party hijacked.
and to post it AGAIN, after the thread was removed--now that's classy.
I'm going to leave SCS for a while, driving me nuts.

Like I said a post or two ago...things have been pretty calm for now. There's no point in arguing it now and I really HOPE beyond all hope that another ugly fight doesn't erupt. That's not what this site is about!!

And really- as long as people want to know- you're not going to stop them from finding out. No use in getting upset about it.

Last edited by SherryLC05; 04-21-2006 at 06:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:20 AM   #51  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an FYI BEFORE things get heated again.

*whether you agree to the link being posted or not it has been and will most likely continue to be because people like to be the ones in the know and those posting like to do so;) . The more people say "Why would you do this?...." the more things will get turned into demo vs. non-demo, and this is not the place for it.
PERIOD

* if you are a demo and do not agree with it being posted, we understand your rationale behind it. But it has been done. Those that have posted knowing that it irritates demos will most likely not care and in fact enjoy it when people get upset. Again-it deteriorates into a demo vs. non-demo thing and we have do not have the proper equipment for cage matches here. Instead of being upset check out the responses and see what your customers may be going for.

*The other thread was NOT removed. It is just not an open thread anymore because people were being nasty and there were many TOS violations.

*This thread is about what you want from the Summer Mini. If you need to discuss another matter then do so in an appropriate thread OR do as I do and yell at the screen. If you would like you are also welcome to come and pack for me as I need to leave for Atlantic City in 2 hours and instead I have to post here to deal with this issue yet again.

BASTA. Now go to the gallery and comment on some cards or go stamp something. Then have a nice day and wish me luch at the slots;)

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SITE THE BEST PLACE ON THE WEB!!!!!!!

Last edited by camsmom; 04-21-2006 at 06:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

OK, maybe I'm just stooopid, but I can't find a link to get to the summer mini. Are you gals just teasing us because you have access to this and I don't? What's up? Help me out here! Suspense can kill ya know!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:39 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
Just an FYI BEFORE things get heated again.

*whether you agree to the link being posted or not it has been and will most likely continue to be because people like to be the ones in the know and those posting like to do so;) . The more people say "Why would you do this?...." the more things will get turned into demo vs. non-demo, and this is not the place for it.
PERIOD

* if you are a demo and do not agree with it being posted, we understand your rationale behind it. But it has been done. Those that have posted knowing that it irritates demos will most likely not care and in fact enjoy it when people get upset. Again-it deteriorates into a demo vs. non-demo thing and we have do not have the proper equipment for cage matches here. Instead of being upset check out the responses and see what your customers may be going for.

*The other thread was NOT removed. It is just not an open thread anymore because people were being nasty and there were many TOS violations.

*This thread is about what you want from the Summer Mini. If you need to discuss another matter then do so in an appropriate thread OR do as I do and yell at the screen. If you would like you are also welcome to come and pack for me as I need to leave for Atlantic City in 2 hours and instead I have to post here to deal with this issue yet again.

BASTA. Now go to the gallery and comment on some cards or go stamp something. Then have a nice day and wish me luch at the slots;)

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SITE THE BEST PLACE ON THE WEB!!!!!!!
AMEN! Oh, my daughter (dont know ya'll's acronym for that) said we have to get Nature Prints, so add that to my wants or "needs"
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:51 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Good luck CAMSMOM!

Good luck at the slots! Hopefully you will win lots of money to spend on the Summer Mini! I will absolutely HAVE to HAVE the paper that is in there. I'm not a huge fan of the cowboy set and I don't care for the circus set at all. I'm not into scrapbooking (Yet- although I can see that coming in the near future....) so a lot of the sets don't really appeal to me. But I absolutely love the Shore Thing and the flip flops- well that is absolutely adorable. I can see a lot of potential for that set!! I can't wait to see the demo cards for that.

And just a side note- I love my Demo she is totally awesome and she does everything she can to keep me excited about the new AND current products. I know there are a lot of other demos out there like her. Keep up the good work! We do love ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #55  
Forum Fanatic

OH MY GOSH! I love so many things. It's too bad I won't be able to get more than one of them... I think that one thing will have to be the spunky alphabet.

Thank goodness I saw this before the workshop I am going to on Saturday. I am spending as close to $35 there as I can and knowing that I want the spunky alphabet will help me plan my purchase. Now can someone tell me which alphabet is shown with the spunky alphabet? Is that headline? That's going to be what I want to order this weekend (total change from my original thought- but they look great together).

Other sets I really like are Bud Basics, Sheltering Tree (although if I was going to get a tree set it would be tree for all seasons), Laundry notes (love it! But it's not versatile enough that I could convince myself I need it.)

Nature prints is lovely, but I wouldn't use it I don't think.

Overall Laundry notes is my favorite, but the spunky alphabet will be my purchase if I can figure out what the other alphabet is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 07:42 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Is it just me, or does Bud Basics look a lot like the old Paint Prints stamp set (only with outlines included)? I bet the Jumbo Buds wheel would coordinate with Paint Prints, too. I just loved Paint Prints, and was hoping they would come out with something similar.

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
OH MY GOSH! I love so many things. It's too bad I won't be able to get more than one of them... I think that one thing will have to be the spunky alphabet.

Thank goodness I saw this before the workshop I am going to on Saturday. I am spending as close to $35 there as I can and knowing that I want the spunky alphabet will help me plan my purchase. Now can someone tell me which alphabet is shown with the spunky alphabet? Is that headline? That's going to be what I want to order this weekend (total change from my original thought- but they look great together).

Other sets I really like are Bud Basics, Sheltering Tree (although if I was going to get a tree set it would be tree for all seasons), Laundry notes (love it! But it's not versatile enough that I could convince myself I need it.)

Nature prints is lovely, but I wouldn't use it I don't think.

Overall Laundry notes is my favorite, but the spunky alphabet will be my purchase if I can figure out what the other alphabet is.
I believe it is Headline Alpha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

You wanna know something cool??? A couple of months ago, my Mom hostessed a SU workshop and in the box, she got Bud Basics. Her demo called SU and they didn't know where it came from, nor how to go about having her return it because it was not in the computer as a set. So.....lucky us! We already have the Bud Basics set (I say we) because my wonderful Mom is into sharing! Yaaaaaay! Super lucky us. One less thing to buy. We've been wondering since she got it where the set came from. It had regular colored rubber and we'd never heard of it. Mystery solved.

So, that being said, I don't really like the Summer Mini that much, but I am an alpha addict, so I must be Spunky! And I think the Spunky set will go so very well with Tall Tales.

I also like the cowboy set, but not that much else is tempting me. I really like the sayings in the Edgy Eloquence, but, dang! It's bugging my eyes out to read them. Upper and lower would be one thing, but the big and tiny upper and lower. I had to read some of them very slowly to understand the words.

The clowns are not my thing. I also agree that it seems more scrapbooky than other Mini's and also kind of boy oriented, which is OK with me because I have 4 boys, but my boys are growing up fast and I can't really decide if I want to start getting more juvenile boy stamps. I'll have to wait and see what clever things they come up with in the gallery.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santhony
Is it just me, or does Bud Basics look a lot like the old Paint Prints stamp set (only with outlines included)? I bet the Jumbo Buds wheel would coordinate with Paint Prints, too. I just loved Paint Prints, and was hoping they would come out with something similar.

Stephanie
No, it's not just you! I posted this same comment several days ago -- great minds think alike! ;)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I thank you so much for posting the link to the mini summer. I don't know what the big deal is about keeping it a secret. Now I know what to save for and how much I can spend one the spring minis and the retired list. Thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #61  
Watercolor Wizard

I think it is easier to ask what am I not getting. Even then I have to think about it. Probably the laundry wont make it. It is not my style. The beach stuff and other sets are just too cute though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

Have to have the double sided paper, it's so pretty! Love the Polka-Dot Posies & Edgy Eloquence. Maybe Bud Basics & the Cowboy, I kind of like the spunky alpha & numbers too, but not sure. It will really depend on what's going to retire. ;)
My Fun Stampers Journey Site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am sooooooooo glad to finally get the link!!! Thanks a MILLION!!! I am LOVING Edgy Eloquence and Pattern of Friendship.

And I have to be honest, although my wheels and I have always had a rocky relationship I love the new flip flop wheel and some of these jumbo wheels may have inspired me to "super size" my wheel selection!

I can't wait to get my "real" (i.e. hard copy) mini in the mail and place an order!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #64  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like any of the sets besides Nature Prints and I have similar stamps already, so no summer mini stamps for me. I'm a way I'm relieved - more dollars to spend on the new TAC catalog in 8 weeks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #65  
Mad Swapper

Nature Prints is gorgeous, and I NEED it.

Bud Basics looks like fun too, but I probably won't get it.

View My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #66  
Stampin' Fool

I gave birth to the 9-year-old queen of flip flops, so I will definitely get the flip flop wheel. All my kids ride horses, so the little cowboy set is another one I'll get. It's very cute. I love the new designer paper. I'm an alphabet collector, so it was a given that I'll be buying the alphabet. I generally don't buy mini catalog sets, but I think I'll be throwing caution to the wind with this one. I love the flower set with the two big wheels. I'll get that one too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #67  
Forum Fanatic

The more I hear Shore Thing being mentioned, the more I think that it is a danged cool set. And you are right, jpmayo, that crab is super cute!! I like all these sets where you don't have to colour. I guess I am a lazy stamper! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #68  
Inking Addict

Location: just trying to navigate through all the muck to get to the Good Stuff!

Ok, I just officially joined (been lurking for a looong time) this site so I can post a question about the monogram stamps and now I get to see the Summer Mini Catalog!?!? Oh, I love Splitcoaststampers! You'all Rock!
I WANT IT ALL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by BasketMom
I second that! What's up with that? But he is really cute....maybe these clever SCS girls will figure out a way to make the cowboy a "she" - although the mustache will be a difficult thing to delete....
I've already got ideas for making the cowboy a cowgirl! I cannot wait to get this set in my hands and I don't even have kids!

Oh and btw I think my wish list for the summer mini is up to about $150. Ha ha!! I am so naughty but I can't help it. Let's see...
Buds and Blossoms
Cowboy Kid
Shore Thing
Wish You Were Here
Edgy Eloquence
Alpha + Numbers

What am I missing.... I think there must be something else... LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 06:09 AM   #70  
Watercolor Wizard

well the snarky in me wants to say "let's keep our purchase plan a secret so our demo's won't know until the last minute and we can surprise them with it." but ....then again... I'm not always snarky so the nice me says... I'm looking at it right now and I'll get back to you!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 06:12 AM   #71  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
Oh, I forgot the Petal Paper, too, it is so pretty! I believe I'll be getting in on a demo pre-order, too ;)
oh NOW you are being mean !!!:p just kidding with you.... I want to preorder too (insert long whine here).

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
The more I hear Shore Thing being mentioned, the more I think that it is a danged cool set. And you are right, jpmayo, that crab is super cute!! I like all these sets where you don't have to colour. I guess I am a lazy stamper! ;)

I like solid stamps or 2 step stamps too! I get very tired coloring. I have some stamps I never use just because I'm not into that. I like to stamp and "move on!"

<----wishes she could make a whole order from the mini. Wish I had a million dollars too. I have alot of stuff I haven't used. I think I spend too much time here to stamp. <adds time machine to wish list>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 04:22 PM   #73  
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Here's how my mind works (I probably could have thrown this in on the "other" thread and it would have surprised some people). I am a customer-not a demo and have no desire to be a demo. My old roommate is a demo so we (meaning 6 of us) have a stamp club (we only meet every so often) but we each order $25/month and once every 6 months one of us gets to be hostess. I do NOT get my mini's from her (she is only a hobby demo and doesn't do the mailing)- I do get the mini in the mail from another demo from church who I would order regularly from if it wasn't for the club (I do order from her just not on a regular basis- I don't want anyone to think I'm using her to get the mini).

Anyway, all that as background- I have only been stamping for about a year and have loved it- it is very relaxing and rewarding. I have had many people that have received my cards tell me how much they loved them and appreciated them and how it means more to them that I took the time to make a card.

I have not looked at the summer mini (and yes, I know there's a link). I have heard many descriptions of the sets and I'm looking forward to seeing them. However, I prefer to wait until I have the hard copy. When I got the spring mini I was so excited to open it up and see what everyone else had been talking about. I enjoy that! I also know that we (the stamp club) are placing an order in May and then waiting for the new catty to come out. Now, I know that July and August will be all I have and people might question why I would want to wait- I have ALL year to order from the other catty but only two months (really three) to get from the little one. I'll be honest- there's usually not a whole lot I purchase from the mini- in fact out of the three that I have seen since starting I have only purchased two sets.

I know this is long- and I've probably rambled (but oh well- I'm female- it's what I do) but I hope I have made some kind of sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #74  
Matboard Maniac

Have to say I am quite disappointed in the summer mini. So many of the sets are so like past sets. I guess following the spring mini would be quite hard. About the only thing I will be ordering is the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tamijo, same here. After all of the hoopla, I didn't even want to open the link. I can wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen Gore
Tamijo, same here. After all of the hoopla, I didn't even want to open the link. I can wait.
Don't let the big bad demonstrators scare you off!!!

Kidding, everyone!!!! Just poking some fun at our previous discussion. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #77  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't think there is anything in the summer mini I have to have. Some are cute though, but I would never use them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #78  
Watercolor Wizard

for sure the flip flop wheel... nothing else strikes me as a must have right now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #79  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper

UPDATE: Ok so I finished reading and I'm happy to see that some cooler heads prevailed. Nice to see some appologies, though maybe one person I thought maybe should have didn't. In any case, that's over. I was also glad so see some of the more personal comments removed. It was skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery.

Have a great day ladies--whatever you do... I hope you have some fun stamping this weekend!
You read it after someone went back and edited some of the posts and the thread was locked. Apologies were made PRIVATELY to some of those involved since a public apology on the thread was not possible. I did not start a new thread specifically because I felt it was better to just drop it. Those involved have communicated off the boards, and I feel that should be sufficient for all of us, but I guess you all need to know some of us do take responsibility for our actions, just not by dragging it out in a public way..... Now, that said,

I can't WAIT to order the Cowboy set!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Everytime a new mini comes out i wish i was a demonstrator ...i wanna see too !!!!!!:(
Reply With Quote Likes