Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Fiskars Paper Trimmer

I bought a new Fiskars paper trimmer yesterday at Michael's (it was on sale for $10.99 from $24.99!!!!!). It's a "Euro" style (?) that has the "Triple Track" design. Does anyone else have this, and do you like it? One of my complaints with my old paper trimmer was that no matter how precise I measured my cardstock, it still never cut exactly as I wanted it. Supposedly this Triple Track system is very precise. Any opinions? I haven't taken it out of the packaging yet because I wanted to get some feedback first. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I really like mine. I almost always get a straight cut. Of course, sometimes I forget to get it up against the stop edge, so the almost is my fault.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got this one the last time Michaels had it on sale. I get a straight cut every time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Fiskars triple track cutter

Wow! Did you ever get a great deal!!!! I just bought this same cutter on Sat at Craft Warehouse for $19.95 on sale from regular price of $24.95. I have been using in all day cutting cardstock and it does a spectacular job....I had the old style 12" Fiskars cutter and it always made a wobbly cut whenever I had to use the lower portion of the cutter --- this new cutter doesn't do that. I think the new triple track was done to address that problem.
I intended to get the other new Fiskars cutter with the small rotary wheel and the 3 interchangeable measuring beds, but when the lady at CraftWarehouse took it out of their demo drawer for me to try the rotary blade attachment flew off. She reattached it and as I reached to make the first cut, the blade unit flew off again. I asked the woman if this was a regular occurance with this new model and she said it was and that she didn't like it for that reason. She pulled out the newly reworked model with the triple track blade system and said that was the one she had and that it worked wonderfully and that was the one she would recommend.

After seeing the other one self-destruct in front of my eyes, I took her advice and bought the same model you did. She was right and I'm enjoying using it.
Susy
P.S. The model I bought was $10 cheaper than the fancy one that flew apart - her honesty saved me some money and the dissatisfaction of a bad product purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it and I love it! Worth every penny (even more true with the great deal you got! ) It makes cutting so much easier. I'm sure you'll love your new tool.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

The Euro style trimmer was on sale for $14.99 when I got it a few months ago. I love that my cuts are always straight now! No more wavy edges! The markings are also a lot easier to read without having to get right up on it, and it has sizes like 4.25x5.5 highlighted!

My only beef is that the refill blades aren't carried everywhere, but I suppose they will be easier to find in stores soon enough. I know I can order them from SU!, but I prefer to save my money for stamps and cardstock! ;)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2005, 04:39 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I was just looking on the JoAnn website and think I found this one but it didn't say anything about the triple track. The one on the website didn't have the rotary blade. Is this the same one you're talking about?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2005, 05:02 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fiskars cutter

I have had the triple track Fiskars for about six months and I like it -- cuts straight every time!
Reply With Quote Likes