Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is for the $24.99 with 20 percent off all regular purchases, also.

Have a super sparkly day!
My Gallery
My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Michael's Membership sounds odd. I think if they stop the normal coupons they'll hurt themselves. They only began the email coupons recently (within the last year or so) - and those brought me back into the store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

I think they are losing so much money on customers coming in and only buying 1 item with the weekly coupon that they are testing this to see if they can recoup some of their losses by charging a membership fee.

I think Michaels may be using this to target their "core customers". Honestly most of us on here are not their core customers since all we do is buy the 1 item with coupon and they are willing to lose us as a customer since they lose money as having us as a customer.

A program like this is cheaper way to increase profit than remodling a store and/or adding new product in hopes that customers will start coming in and purchasing more than just the 1 item w/ coupon.

In general I haven't been shopping at AcMoore or Michaels lately, I find so many more products at LSS and online and am willing to either pay a little more and spend extra on shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #44  
Kookie Creator

I didn't get one of the emails but I did find this on their Message Board:

In response to overwhelming feedback from our loyal shoppers, Michaels is testing a customer loyalty program in select markets. The program is currently being offered by invitation only to a small number of shoppers. Once Michaels has determined the type of loyalty program that represents the best in value and creativity to our valuable customers, a permanent program may be rolled out on a full scale. Additional information will be made available at that time.

Store associates are not able to enroll new members at the store level; membership is only available through an invitation email to select customers.

If you are a member of Michaels Rewards and have questions about the program, please log on to your account at Michaels.com/rewards and enter the member number located on the front of your card or your My Michaels credentials to access additional account information.

Edited by Michaels.com_Editor (02/27/09 03:01 PM)

Here's a link to more discussion on their Message Board:

http://forums.michaels.com/community...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 123 Likes on 68 Posts

The other thing it also does is that if they stop printing coupons, then you can't use those coupons (or the Rewards card) at other stores such as Joann's or AC Moore's and you are, therefore, more likely to go into Mike's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind that there was a thread on here recently with a link to an article in the Wall Street Journal that was questioning Michael's viability to survive:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I'd hate to pay them $24.99 for a one-year membership and have them not survive the year. :confused: This could be their way of trying to raise cash quickly. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Mine was for $9.99 and was a membership card that I can carry that will give me the usual 40% off one item (sames as the coupons), plus 5 points for every dollar and then 2000 points earns you a $10 gift card. I signed up for it just to save myself from having to hunt down and print out all those coupons each week.

On one of the other stamping boards I frequent there have been lots of different amounts/perks mentioned. Some one not too far from me (an hour or so) got something completely different in her email. So am not sure of their distribution strategy.

Toni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just spoke with a manager at Michaels here in Dallas area and told them what mine said and they told me that mine was legitimate.....there is no fee to join and I earn points for every $1.00 I spend with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #49  
Crimping Master

I can't even get them to send me emails with coupons. I have gone intl my account and modified things, even added them to my address book, and have now given up and used the ones that are sent to me by friends or that I find here on SCS.

Personally, I would never pay for a membership... our local Michael's is really crappy and most of the time I walk out with nothing in my hand but my coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcerView Post
Hey, everyone! *PLEASE* don't post the links from your email. There's a unique reference # associated to each one, and when someone clicks on it, they can see your address and whatever information you have given to Michaels.

If you'd like to see the pages the links go to, here ya go (personal info removed):
These pictures show the same ad I got. It didn't say anything about a membership fee, anywhere, nor did it use the word "free" anywhere. I did sign up since it didn't appear to cost anything. A few hours later I received an "exclusive members only" 40% off any regular item coupon with a thank you e-mail. I sure hope I haven't fallen into a trap.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #51  
Watercolor Wizard

I received mine. Now mine is different, 19.00 for the year, 40 percent off. I figure it is worth it because you can go every day and get one item . Mine is just down the road from where I work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

I just want to add my thoughts...
I'm from chicago - I recv'd $9.99 / 40% discount invitation. Which I have accepted.

I have e-mailed the customer service rep to an important question:

If I use my rewards 40% discount for one item AND have a coupon ad of 50% for one item - Will I be able to use both in one transaction. Or would I have to chose between using my rewards card to add up points or purchasing something at 50%.

It's an odd question - I would like to be able to take advantage of the higher % coupons - and the rewards without having to ring up two seperate transactions or having to go stand back in line or even go to a different Mike's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

to follow up with you... I did recv'e a reply back from Mike's - I'm happy with my decision to join.. it's cheap anyway ;)

It reads as follows:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use a Michaels coupon in the same transaction as your Michaels Rewards membership card. As an example, if you were purchasing two items and both items were regular priced items (not on sale or clearance) and were not excluded (such as a Cricut product), you could use both a coupon and the discount from you Michaels Rewards card. To maximize your discount, remind the Michaels associate to scan your items first, your coupon second and your Michaels Rewards card last. A helpful hint: Michaels sometimes sends out a 20% off your entire regular priced purchase coupon. If you use one of these, remind the associate to scan you items, then your Michaels Rewards card and then your 20% off entire regular priced purchase coupon to get the maximum discount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocoa SakuraView Post
to follow up with you... I did recv'e a reply back from Mike's - I'm happy with my decision to join.. it's cheap anyway ;)

It reads as follows:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use a Michaels coupon in the same transaction as your Michaels Rewards membership card. As an example, if you were purchasing two items and both items were regular priced items (not on sale or clearance) and were not excluded (such as a Cricut product), you could use both a coupon and the discount from you Michaels Rewards card. To maximize your discount, remind the Michaels associate to scan your items first, your coupon second and your Michaels Rewards card last. A helpful hint: Michaels sometimes sends out a 20% off your entire regular priced purchase coupon. If you use one of these, remind the associate to scan you items, then your Michaels Rewards card and then your 20% off entire regular priced purchase coupon to get the maximum discount.
I hope they are imparting all of that information to their employees because I've seen so many instances of the information not making its way down.

That is great though that you can use both. However, I'm still not biting -- with having received the $24.99 version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

I got the 19.99 email...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #56  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

i'm in No IL and got the 9.99 offer too, still contemplating, especially since you can use at least 2 coupons at once, thanks for checking into that. So must be a geographical thing, have till Tuesday to decide. I do think it's odd different amounts for different people, but again maybe because of the areas? Also I have gotten the same email about 3 different times now, over the past week or so, with the same requirements.
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #57  
Watercolor Wizard

Thats not fair, 9.99 , tape alone is expensive and I go through a lot of tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammystampsView Post
I hope they are imparting all of that information to their employees because I've seen so many instances of the information not making its way down.

That is great though that you can use both. However, I'm still not biting -- with having received the $24.99 version.

YEAH! I WORK at Michaels and this is the first I heard of this! I find more out on here (about what's going on at M's) than I do at work!

Last edited by squirter; 04-05-2009 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the $4.99 a year rewards email and my purchases would get an automatic 10% discount on non-sale items every time I purchased something over $15.00. I figure to pass. I also hate having to pay for a rewards program. I love our Best Buy rewards program it cost nothing, and at the end of the year you get a coupon discount equivalent to a percentage of what you spent at their store in the past year. It wasn't a huge amount but the rewards did feel worth it! Plus it cost nothing! That is what a rewards program should be--no cost!
I like the 40 and 50% coupons better at Mike's.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Just curious if this "rewards program" is still going on?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
Just curious if this "rewards program" is still going on?
I just received an email today from mike's to join a "Free" rewards program. Info said to sigh up at my local mike's store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

A while ago I received an email telling me that I had been canceled and this morning had an email telling me to be one of the first ones to sign up for a rewards program. My guess is that you will have to pay for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got this email too, either today or yesterday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

In reference to Post #53. Read the response from Michaels. Someone at Corporate needs to proofread e-mails before they send them out. Several uses of the wrong word.

Also.....why should we as the Customer have to remind the Cashier (Michaels Employee) of the proper order to ring merchandise and coupons and Rewards cards? Shouldn't the Employees be trained on how to do things properly?

Several months ago, I got the one for $24.99 per year. I declined the offer.

I find at least from my local Michaels, that the Employees are not trained as they should be. This is no fault of the Employee but of Store Management.

I prefer to shop at my local AC Moore store instead of Michaels that is across the street. AC Moore does have a free Rewards program based on purchases. That I benefit from every couple months. Yes, those Employees do know how to ring things in the proper order.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

I realize this is an old post, but it is not uncommon for different regions of the country, ie different economic areas, to get different offers from the same company/store. A lot of times it may be based on cost of living for the area or other state laws which govern business practices regarding sales tax, etc. But I never heard of the rewards program for michaels, and paying for it sounds ludicris. I do pay for Barnes & Noble rewards, but I get significant discounts there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #66  
Embossing Fanatic

Talking michael's reward program

i was in michael's this week. the clerk asked me if i would like to enroll in a rewards program. she handed me a card to enroll. it's free, i get a discount and i earn rewards that will get me a gift certificate--amount depends on number of points earned. i'm in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #67  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

all i have gotten recently is an email with a 20% whole purchase for 3 days coupon. I have a rewards with mike's they signed me up at a store. Free. Don't get any discount though. And I don't shop there enough to reap enough benefits to make it worth my while.

Hi Joni! How's the clan?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

The e-mail I got was coupons - 20% off an entire purchase, 60% off a framin gorder. It was good for three days - Thursday, Fridya and Saturday - only one coupon per customer per day. No mention of a club or membership fee. I don't think I would pay either.
Reply With Quote Likes