Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsboughton
That's what I thought when I received the PM and e-mail. But seeing as this unsolicited PM and e-mail that I received came from someone very high up the SCS ladder, I found it quite peculiar to see this thread explaining the TOS and to have that happen to me, given the detailed TOS, and given who it came from.
I would advise contacting a moderator or Admin to discuss the situation, if you wish to pursue it.

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #82  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I would advise contacting a moderator or Admin to discuss the situation, if you wish to pursue it.
HTH,
No, I don't wish to pursue anything. I'm not the type that likes to make a stink about things. It's not worth it, life is too short. But, I did want to confirm what I had thought when I originally received the PM and e-mail back in July.
As always, you're a big help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #83  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsboughton
I'm not the type that likes to make a stink about things. It's not worth it, life is too short.
I'm not being argumentative, but just wanted to point out another perspective on this. I have some rockin' friends on SCS who are reps with different direct sales companies and *do* learn and play by the rules. So for me, reporting abuse -- unintentional or otherwise -- is not 'raising a stink' about nothing, but watching out for those friends who are indirectly being hurt by SCSrs who post solicitations here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #84  
Hardware Hotshot

Just reminding everyone...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #85  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Yes! It really can help to go read the Big Guy's there on the home page, and also the TOS, both of which Jenn has linked to in her OP, so I hope folks will take a few moments to review those topics, and keep in mind the policies are there to preserve that community aspect we all love and appreciate about SCS!

Thanks, Big Guy!
you have the funniest smilies!!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #86  
Hardware Hotshot

Remember this thread?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

One thing I get quite frustrated with is people posting card and the only info they give is their blog!! At least put the supplies in the areas given so that we can tell by looking at the card!! How can we report thses??
Old 01-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneejul1
One thing I get quite frustrated with is people posting card and the only info they give is their blog!! At least put the supplies in the areas given so that we can tell by looking at the card!! How can we report these??
There was a thread about this and the issue was addressed by Julie HRR...
We would greatly appreciate members including basic recipe info, which may be accompanied by a simple link, as opposed to only listing explicit directives that require our members to visit blogs in order to obtain any details about your project.

If you feel a user is violating the TOS you can use the little "report photo" button in the image description to report it to a moderator, but not including your supply list and including a non-promotional blog link isn't a violation of the TOS really.

But many SCS'ers agree; including a supply list with your gallery posts is a nice thing to do.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #89  
Insane Embellisher

It bothers me when you really like a card and the only way to find out how to make it or find out what supplies were used, is to visit the creator's blog. If a card says "see my blog for details on this card," I NEVER go to the blog. If they can't take the time to post the recipe, then I can't take the time to visit their blog, no matter how much I like their card. Blogs are starting to drive me crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #90  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by danamy
It bothers me when you really like a card and the only way to find out how to make it or find out what supplies were used, is to visit the creator's blog. If a card says "see my blog for details on this card," I NEVER go to the blog. If they can't take the time to post the recipe, then I can't take the time to visit their blog, no matter how much I like their card. Blogs are starting to drive me crazy!
I do not only not go to the blog...I also do not not leave a comment.

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.

Harry S. Truman
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by danamy
It bothers me when you really like a card and the only way to find out how to make it or find out what supplies were used, is to visit the creator's blog. If a card says "see my blog for details on this card," I NEVER go to the blog.
I can certainly understand that---absolutely! I move on to the next pretty project that catches my eye! ;)

I always try to include basic recipe info; I sometimes include a blog link (directly to that specific project), but usually only if there is a seriously long-winded/in depth explanation on how to do what I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #92  
Embossing Fanatic

WOW, I certainly did'nt realize I was doing something wrong by putting my web site on there. I appoligize to all I have offended. I saw people had there info on there signature lines and did'nt really think it was any differnt. Thank you for bringin this to my attention before the whole group is mad at me. I am new to split coast and don't want to rock the boat. I was thinking of putting on an ad So may be that is what I will do. I am new to having a web page and was incouraged by friends to sell my die cuts. Is it O.K. to state they are die cut box's or cards? If you have any other advice please share e for I mess up any more. Once again I did not mean for this to be a big issue I did'nt know and now I do and won't do it again.
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #93  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Die Cut Lady
WOW, I certainly did'nt realize I was doing something wrong by putting my web site on there. I appoligize to all I have offended. I saw people had there info on there signature lines and did'nt really think it was any differnt. Thank you for bringin this to my attention before the whole group is mad at me. I am new to split coast and don't want to rock the boat. I was thinking of putting on an ad So may be that is what I will do. I am new to having a web page and was incouraged by friends to sell my die cuts. Is it O.K. to state they are die cut box's or cards? If you have any other advice please share e for I mess up any more. Once again I did not mean for this to be a big issue I did'nt know and now I do and won't do it again.
Donna
Your link as it is, is perfectly within SCS TOS/Guidelines! It contains no advertising or promotional language, is not obnoxious in font size (any font larger than a 3 in a signature line is highly annoying to the eye, visually speaking) and therefore supports our efforts to keep visual static in the SCS forums to a minimum!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! :grin:

If you want you can give simply the name of your company, and "hyperlink" to the site there in your siggy line. If you don't know how to hyperlink, here's how:

Go to your website's homepage and copy the url addy.

Now, go to your USERCP here at SCS, and click on "edit signature".

Type in your company's name.

Highlight it.

Click the icon above the text box, that looks like a globe with a chain link.

A new window will open. Paste the url addy you previously copied, into that box and click "done" or "finish".

And, that's all there is to it!
Reply With Quote Likes