Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lack of confidence in my cards

Hello-
I have been to "stamp camp" about a dozen times over 1.5 yrs. We make 10 SU cards each time. I have a dozen or so stamp sets, ink & paper & ribbons (some ink, paper & ribbon not SU).

I love most of the cards from camp but when I make a card at home I think it is so bad I don't send it or end up throwing it away. I feel like I just can't make a good layout, placement or something. Mine never seem to have the balance of the demos. On this site I feel inspired but my stuff never seems like it's comparable-I'm not sure I can even CASE well! I recently made the post it note holders that now I think look cheesey and am hesitant to give them as gifts.

Do I need more practice?
More camp?
A big rummage sale with "craft supplies" in the ad?

TIA
Sarah B.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, Sarah,

What you need to do first, is put some cards in your gallery. It is scary, I know, but you really need to do it.

There are so many wonderful, encouraging people on this site. They cannot encourage and help you if you don't give them anything to look at.

I am sure that your cards are really nice, and you are doing what a lot of us do, being way too self-critical.

Put some of those cards out there, and let us tell you how great you are doing. If we tell you enough, maybe you can get over this self-doubt.

I had a wonderful counselor tell me years ago: "When you constantly disparage yourself and your efforts, it is really a form of ego. Who do you think you are that your opinion is worth more than anyone else's?"

It really made me think - and helped me encourage myself.

Hugs, Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I agree with buggainok - put some cards in the gallery.

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

It just takes more practice, I promise. Don't give up!! My first card looked like I had rubbed a baby diaper on it (deleted it from my gallery)! I can honestly say that your cardstock quality will make a huge difference in your cards - if you're not using SU, you might think about buying an assorted pack just to try. The color coordination makes a huge difference.
I have learned so much by just looking and doing the challenges on SCS, which can be found here: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
But honestly, I think we are our own worst critics. Just send them to your grandma or your mom or something - they alway think we're great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

I know how you feel. It took me a long time to get brave enough to start my small gallery. I even upload cards that really stink but it gives me the incentive to do better. Remember, your style is not everyone else's style. I agree with buggaink about being too self-critical. So please start a gallery so we can see what you have done. The more you do some of the great techniques and read the awesome helpful hints on SCS the more confident you'll be. Don't give up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Don't give up!! Practice, practice, practice!!! We are our own worst critics. I am sure your cards are great!!

How many hours per week do you spend on stamping?

What kinds of things do you love about stamping? Focus on the things you love and work on them until you master it. Then, move on to the next thing on the list!

Study the work of stampers you admire. What is it that draws you to them? Take notice of these things and try to master it for yourself!

And probably the most important thing? Take those negative words out of your vocabulary when you are talking about your work! You CAN make beautiful cards and send them. You CAN make a good layout. Your work IS comparable to others on this site.

Think of yourself as a work in progress! I promise you that you will see huge changes if you spend time doing several of these things!

Good luck!!:mrgreen:
Old 03-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you tried any of the challenges? The sketch challenge would be a great one to try. It gives you the layout and then you just go from there. If you use the color challenge and the sketch challenge together, half your card is already done, then you just have to decide on what stamps to use.

I know it can be overwhelming, just start simple and go from there. And I agree, try uploading.

I know you can do it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's a link to the challenge forum. Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 317 Likes on 203 Posts

I've been making (and selling) cards for years, and believe me - some of them go right into the recycle bin!

That said, you have received good advice here - start a gallery & etc. and accept the comments (or lack thereof) as positive criticism so you can learn from it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Don't give up! Case'ing and doing the challenges are both great ways to start. I used to just make stuff straight out the catalog... soon I started having my own ideas. And no one is perfect... not every idea I had (or have!) turned out to be a good one! Like Trudee mentioned above, I really did study the cards of those artists I found particularly appealing. Figuring out what is good and what you like about someone else's work can help you identify what would be good to incorporate into your own. Also, consider using the Color Coach if you're having difficulty picking out colors. There is no cheating in stamping for pleasure... there are lots of tools to help you!
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

i agree with a previous poster about quality CS and matching! and also about the challenges! i have tried a few (the first one's for me) over the last couple days and finding it to be fun. oh yea! you need to upload some of your work to get some feedback!

my work is much simpler than some i've seen here, but that is what i like. you'll find your 'groove' too. everyone's taste is different- if it weren't it would be pretty boring! you can do it!

this is my advice!
i think most all cards need at least one kind of embellishment!

good luck and happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Hey, look at my gallery... I think I have hits, and they are a total miss, and then I think I have a miss, and it is a total hit! The great thing about this site is that people give feedback, and you are anonymous in a sense and don't have to have face to face with people looking at your art. Those cards you think you should throw away my really inspire someone else. You will get comments that really inspire you to think outside the box. I also agree with the people who say the challenges help. They are specific, and they force you to use things you never would have thought of. It's great practice! Don't be afraid.........who knows.. it could be your
DENSIty and you might not even know! Good Luck! Be Persistent!

I can't even tell you how many times my SU upline has told me that the cards they thought would never work for them personally, inspired someone to buy everything they used to make the card. We are all different, and all find beauty in different things. SHINE ON CHICA!

My own GALLERIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree with the others. Start your gallery. It is scarrry I know. I just opened my gallery yesterday. (See my post about uploading and diving boards).
It really is a freeing experience. I also agree that we are our own worst critics. What you dislike about your card.....I may love and vice versa.
I've not been here long, but just looking at what the others have done is truly inspiring.
I think that most of us have an Hallmark disorder (for lack of a better phrase). When we first start we think that our creations should look like we went to the Hallmark store. As we grow and become more comfortable with ourselves we recognize the statement that a handmade creation trully gives. It is truly a gift of our heart and souls. You can't get that anywhere.
I've not been stamping nearly as long as you have, but now a handmade card is what my friends and family EXPECT. Their feelings would be so hurt if I went out and bought something. I bet your friends and family would be thrilled to have something that you have created.
Take the dive my dear and put a gallery up. Trust yourself, you've been to stamp camp. You've had good sound advice from your teachers and peers.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #14  
Failed Lurker

You've had some great advice - it really is just practice. And everyone has "off" days.

If you love the cards you make at stamp camp, why not take one of them and CASE it, changing one or two of the details? As your confidence grows you'll feel able to change more details .... until you're making your own unique creations! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 01:59 AM   #15  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

yes I agree with the others, practice and do not give up! If you look at proples gallery from the beginning to the present you will see the evolutionary process of the srtist. Another tip is to "study" a card on the gallery and try to figure out what really makes it POP. Is it the layers and layout, is it the contrast between dark layers and lighter layers, maybe there is only one layer, could it be the placemant of embellishments... You will improve and be very pleased with yourself I am sure,. Good Luck!
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 02:30 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Lots of my customers seem to feel the same way. I offer weekly classes very inexpensively just so they can create and go home with ideas. It's almost more of a social time, and we love visiting as much as stamping. Perhaps your demo might do something like that.

The other thing I'd say is to copy all you want! Besides the gallery (with more samples than you could ever hope to create!), buy some magazines that feature cards that you like. Your own creations will come.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 AM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

If you enjoy the process of making a card....then do not give up. If it is more stress thatn fun then that is a different story. I would bet you money that if you took part in the daily challenges and uploaded your work you would start experiencing lots of growth. I did!!! Learning to stamp and be creative is a learning process. Some find the creative process easier than others. You have tons of excellent artists on this site to watch and you can choose the ones that inspire you to pay extra attention to. Also, I have to say that although you are most likely having lots of fun going to a stamp camp and making 10 cards...there is probably not enough time while doing that many cards to be learning techniques, etc. Maybe you should ask your demonstrator to do some technique classes and concentrate on one thing at a time. She should be happy to do that since it would help increase her sales. You can then go home and practice what you learned. If you are not comfortable with layouts as so many of us are in the same boat....then come to SCS and find one that fits the images you want to work with. CASE it!!!!! That is what this site is all about. Sharing and learning from each other.

The most significant thing I feel you should take away from what everyone is saying on this thread is to *stop being so hard on yourself and your creativity*. Relax and stop expecting to make a masterpiece. Just enjoy the process and see what you come up with next. Take the pressure off yourself. Stamping is for fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 03:37 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

I used to feel that way about my projects too. They never seemed more than boring to me.

Sometimes adding a different technique to just a part of a card can help give it more interest (if that's the right word?) You know, maybe inking the edges. There are plenty of nice techniques here and in magazines, etc. Just adding a little bit of something new to you will make you cards seem less ordinary to you.

I'm sure your cards are lovely. Put them in the gallery for others to see. We all need cheerleaders to help boost our confidence!

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know exactly how you feel.

Maybe your stuff stinks, maybe it is fine. Mine stunk and still does some of the time. But I kept examing in detail cards I liked. I get most of my schoolin' by reading blogs and reading the design and thought process behind good work. It isn't just luck that some folks' stuff is fabulous. They have an eye, talent, know design principles, and how to implement them, or whatever. It's that "elusive" whatever that I aim to absorb.

And, little by little, the proportion of my stuff that is absolutely horrible is shrinking, every once in a while I produce a smokin card (IMHO), but most of the stuff is that middle category between trash and smokin. That's ok. I'm learning.

If you love the craft, please don't give up. Study, practice. and then do it some more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=steubner]My first card looked like I had rubbed a baby diaper on it

Having 20 month old twins in diaper this really hits home! LOL

Thanks!
Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=steubner]My first card looked like I had rubbed a baby diaper on it

Having 20 month old twins in diapers this, really hits home! LOL

Thanks!
Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 05:21 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Putting your cards in the gallery at SCS is an idea. However, I have seen some lovely cards that for whatever reason don't get comments or hits. So don't put all your stock in thinking your cards aren't good because you don't get lots of compliments.

I would suggest that you do a few 1:1 card exchanges. Especially if you find a card artist whose work you admire- ask her if you can do a 1:1 exchange. And ask her if she would be willing to offer suggestions or hints. Try that with several artists.

But most of all- and I have definitely been in your place- ENJOY STAMPING. If you are going to be stressed then it won't be fun for you. And EVERYONE grows as a stamper if they keep stamping. Sometimes I look in my magazines from a few years ago and I am amazed at how some of the stamp artists have grown and flourished over time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Try the challenges. They will really help you expand your talents. I have been stamping for years and just getting into the challenges. I am really enjoying them because they force me out of my safe little box. The more your try the more things/ideas you will have to work with. Also, try not to compare your cards to everyone else here on SCS - hard to do I know. Everyone here is at different levels. Some people having been doing this for years, do it professionally, and/or have a background in art. And then there are those of us that stamp when we get an hour or 2, we have some good card days and some bad card days. I find I stamp just to relax, who cares if my cards ever see the light of day. Remember there is nothing wrong with a simple card. I'm learning not to try too many new things all at once. Pick a new layout but use colors you are comfortable with. Pick new colors but use a favorite stamp or layout. Take it in small steps. Give it some time, practice and encourage yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 06:28 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

You have been given some really great advice here, I agree practice, practice, practice, upload to your gallery we love leaving comments, and do try a challenge they are so great!
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

I had a hard time crossing over from what i like to do..nostalgic, vintage etc.. to cutesy, whimsical etc.
Find urself in your cards.
Some love the Bella's, others it's not for them. Some like me are into what i do, others not.
it is hard when u do cards at the parties and then come home n look at ur stuff n say now what? It was for me. Whatever is your niche u will be good at it.
try to find find it is you like doing most and work with that. eventually you to will cross over to other themes etc. it takes time and practice. Keep at it. And please show us some of your work. Everyone here is so helpful w/encouragement, ideas hints etc. DON"T give up.
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

My one piece of advice to add to all the wonderful advice so far. Don't be afraid to fail, at the end of the day it's a piece of paper, if you hate it, bin it and start again. We all do it!
It's meant to be fun, not a stress and I think we all forget that sometimes.
Another piece of advice, if you see a card you like pm the maker and ask questions, everyone on here for the most part is lovely, they will help in any way they can.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

I am new at scs, but I know exactly how you feel. I am my own bad critic too. I keep my mistakes so I can learn from them. I also have joined in challenges (not scs) and though I may not thought it was great, the person who received it liked it. So as these people have said, just practice and take on a challange where you send it to someone. I haven't tried the gallery yet but everyone has said to.

tami
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #28  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh please don't get discouraged! You can only get better!
You definitely need to start a gallery here. Its really nice to get some feedback.
Its takes practice to get better. I think any card anyone has ever made me is so cherished. Its so much more personal that runnin to a card store. Just to know the time put into it.
And I think EVERY single person, no matter how long you have been stamping still creates a "throw away" every now and again! If they say they never do they are lyin!
For fun Im linking you to the very first card I EVER made. I posted it recently cause I was asked to. I saved it and keep it in my craft room to show myself how much I have improved since then. You know I cannot even begin to stamp a card with that image! LOL!
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Definitely try the weekely challenges. They are really awesome! Maybe you need to start with the sketch challenges.
All the advice here is great!
Good Luck-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Great advice above! When I began stamping and scrapping, it took me quite a while to find my personal style... as a result, I own plenty of stamps, paper, etc. that I now look at with the "what do I do with it now" look! Experiment with different things, when you look at the work of others, study it and note what you like about it and trends in what attracts you to projects. That's what really helped me begin to like my work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #30  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah4590
Hello-
I love most of the cards from camp but when I make a card at home I think it is so bad I don't send it or end up throwing it away. I feel like I just can't make a good layout, placement or something. Mine never seem to have the balance of the demos. On this site I feel inspired but my stuff never seems like it's comparable-I'm not sure I can even CASE well! I recently made the post it note holders that now I think look cheesey and am hesitant to give them as gifts.
Hi Sarah,

I know exactly the way you feel just remember that WE ARE OUR OWN WORST CRITIC. What do I mean, I feel the same way you do. I feel that my cards are well just too simple and don't really like sending them out. BUT when I started joining swaps and all asking others what they thought well, it turned out that I was my own worst critic, at least that is what they say about me.

I stamp lift really well, I get all those magazines and I love the TAC catty that I stamplift the designs and change the colors and maybe even the sayings. I am not the only one that does that either. I entered a swap and went down to The Angel Company's seminar a couple of years ago and low and behold, someone, entered it into a contest. When I saw the card I was like hey that is mine, well when I looked on the back of the card it was mine. So. . . . that made me feel a little better. Actually I thought hey that is a compliment.
So hang in there and please do share some of your creations, I know that they will be wonderful.
Inky Huggz,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah4590
Hello-
I have been to "stamp camp" about a dozen times over 1.5 yrs. We make 10 SU cards each time. I have a dozen or so stamp sets, ink & paper & ribbons (some ink, paper & ribbon not SU).

Do I need more practice?
More camp?
A big rummage sale with "craft supplies" in the ad?

TIA
Sarah B.
I kinda feel the same way. I don't think mine are as elegant as other people's that I have seen. I have been using the Sketch Challenges for my layouts and I can see an improvement in my work. I was kind of hesistant to post my cards because I didn't think that they compared to the ones in the gallery. But all the wonderful people here at SCS have shown me that it is just a matter on someone's taste in what you like. Don't give up, stamping can be stress-relieving. Just take a deep breath and stamp. Some of mine haven't turned out the way that I wanted it to but I still put it up in the gallery because you never know when someone will like your work. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #32  
Kookie Creator

After three years of card making, I have finally given myself permission to like my own work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still lack confidence in my cards at times and feel that I make a lot of ok cards and occasionally one that really wows me. I agree with everyone else--practice, practice, practice and really study the cards you like to CASE.

Another thing I've found for myself is that I have one or two standard layouts that I use a lot and they don't fail me-it's just a matter of what colors to use and what sets to use with those layouts.

Good luck!

Check out my blog

Here's my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think that EVERYONE feels that way when they first start stamping *or creating anything. Art is very personal so what some love, some do not care for. I agree wholeheartedly with those above...try the sketch challenge....it will put you at ease as far as the layout because it is given to you. I have improved drastically since doing the challenges here and I am trying to improve lots more! It is very nervewracking to upload that first card...but take the plunge..you will love it.
Feel free to PM me when you upload your first card, I would love to leave a comment!
Stick with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Sometimes I think if we are totally confident in our work we have a tendency to lose a little edge. I am CONSTANTLY in awe of the work that others do and aspire to be better all the time. Practice, as others have said, is the best thing to do. The challenges here are wonderful and a lot of times inspire me to try something completely different than what the prescribed challenge is...that is some of the creativity coming out. ;) Again...check out the fabulous galleries as well. What I have said is a complete repeat of what has been said, but their advice is very accurate. I'm not a great stamper but practice, observation and inspiration certainly help for me to feel better about my work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #36  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, here are my thoughts, and I hope they are encouraging and helpful:

Attitude is everything, so start telling yourself I make nice cards. I am sure you do, 'coz as many others have stated we are our own worst critics.

Play (stamp) as often as possible. If you make something you don't like, put it aside (not in the trash) to look it much later. You may have a different perspective in a week or month or even a year. If you still don't like it, try cutting it into pieces for backgrounds or parts of other cards.

Keep a file/journal/whatever to keep the layouts and color combos you like. I usually take digital photos which I paste into a Word document so i can add the details (which specific cardstock, ink, techniques, where the idea came from, etc.)

Take a layout from one card and a color combo from another --- new card using elements you like.

Take a card you like and exactly duplicate it. Then make an almost identical card, changing just one thing (a color or an image or the orientation of the card from top-fold to left-fold).

Start a gallery. Then find the comment thread (round 3) in the general stamping and you'll get lots of comments. Bear in mind not everyone comment will be specific but learn what you can from the detailed comments.

Finally, just have fun and remember everyone starts somewhere!

Looking forward to your gallery and ...

Happy Crafting!
~ Tina ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Sarah ... I think somebody already mentioned this but I wanted to reiterate the use of SU! Cardstock and Ink. I've been stamping for 5 years and in the beginning I bough paper and ink and stuff at M's and my stuff NEVER looked as good as my Demo's stuff. When I finally broke down and bought the SU! coordinating colors everything came together. I swear it was just that easy! I was pretty exclusive to SU! for the first 3 years for just that reason - it was just easier for me. I have since branched out but not with cardstock and ink!

Good luck and try to not knock yourself too hard ... I'll bet your stuff is way better than you perceive. Go ahead and open a gallery here - it's fun!

Happy Stampin'!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Oh, I know how you feel. Some days it is fun to stamp. Other days I feel like throwing out all my stamping stuff. It takes time. First thing I had to get over was colors. I could not match anything. Get some assorted packs of paper from SU. Then go into the color challenge thread. Pick one and look at the cards that are posted in that challange. Then go for it. Second problem I had and still have is layout. Skech Challegne is Awesome for layouts. Ihave done a couple and really enjoyed it.
Good Luck and have some FUN!!
Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

This is all excellent advice. Also, keep a chronological file. As you look back, you'll see how far you've come. I started by copying cards just to get some practice, so your stamping events are good.

Also, it might help to figure out what you don't like and work on those skills. Is it layout? Getting the paper cut evenly? Stamping technique? If you focus on improving in key areas, it won't seem so overwhelming!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #40  
Gallery Gazer

Aren't these girls amazing! Don't you just wish you could take them all out to lunch?

I can't add anything to their advice, just know that you've come to the right place, girlfriend!

Oh, let me tell you what I did when I first joined SCS. I was so impressed with the Dirty Dozen and how inspiring their work was, that I sent them all a handmade card. Many of them RAKed me back, and some of them even posted my card in their RAK folders in their gallery!! That card was SO DORKY!! I was so proud of it at the time, and I don't regret sending it one bit, but I have grown immensely since then. The stampers on SCS are directly responsible for the improvements I've made. Being exposed to good design can only improve your stamping.
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes