Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #161  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkerzawayView Post
I'm up late tonight cause I couldn't sleep so this thread caught my eye and I've been enjoying seeing what everyone else is up to. I am a retired Navy nurse but I still work part time as an R.N. at a local Family Practice clinic. I enjoy my work but would be totally stressed out if I was still working full time....I had a weak moment this winter and agreed to go back full time on a temporary basis to cover a maternity leave for one of my coworkers. It was only supposed to be 3 weeks but she had some complications and then one of the other preggo gals ended up on bedrest so I am eagerly awaiting the original maternity leave to end on May 18th! It has been kickin' my butt to work full time and try to do ANYTHING else!

I retired from the Navy when the kids were in 6th grade, 3rd grade and the "baby" was 4 years old so I was very fortunate to be able to stay home with them at that point and feel I've had the best of both worlds in that respect. Now I am an empty nester as of this past year...my college Freshman son just got home from school today so he'll be around for the summer, the two older boys have flown the coop...literally! The eldest is in the Air Force flying F16's in Korea and the middle one graduates from college this week-end and will be commissioned into the Army the same day. He says he'll be working in hospital administration but we'll see where he actually ends up. Good thing I have "rubber therapy" to keep me sane!!!

About the time that my youngest was in 2nd grade I got hooked on stamping and eventually signed up as an SU demo just about 7 years ago. That is my absolute most favorite job ever!!! Ok, so maybe it would pay better if I didn't treat myself to whatever stamps and toys I want? But hey, it keeps me off the streets and I always encourage my husband to indulge in his hobby of playing golf so I don't feel guilty. That can't be all bad, right? My DH is also a retired Navy type...he flew helicopters for the Navy and eventually a desk. Now he is working for a government contractor which keeps him busy and gives me time during the day to stamp without interfering with our family time.

I stay busy creating...(or would that be "case-ing"???) projects for stamp club, Big Shot club and monthly card classes. Once in a while I do an outside workshop which is fun but stressful trying to come up with killer ideas that work for all ranges of stampers. Thankfully, I'm not too shy so that part of it comes easy.

It's kinda late for me to turn on the sound on the computer but I am definitely going to be back and listen to Tobi's song that everyone is raving about. Jan
I think you have one of the most clever user names on this entire site! Our eldest DD's Navy enlistment will be up next month and she plans to start college this fall to study nursing. I'm an executive assistant.

I can't sleep either. I have a very bad cough and I'm feeling pretty miserable.

Last edited by Glitterati; 05-07-2009 at 10:59 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:10 AM   #162  
Polyshrink Goddess

What an enjoyable thread! I'm a technical writer/editor for an engineering company, and the people I work with know all about my hobby. Just last night, several gals from work came over to my house and we stamped, ate, and drank sangria all evening. They've now started calling my house "the clubhouse" because I'm single/no kids, and they like knowing there's a place they can come and be husband and kid-free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:55 AM   #163  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a school custodian. Yesterday I took the day off to go to the Mega Meet Scrapbook show here in Michigan and the guys I work with said " You need a whole day for that?" Silly boys. Needless to say, I don't talk about my hobby with them. ( Although I hear about their motorcycles ALL the time)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:03 AM   #164  
Glitter Queen

After 30 plus years as a 911 dispatcher for the local Sheriff's Department, I retired in January. It's been a very nice adjustment being at home with a 13 year old son, a woodworker husband and two cats.

I've been collecting lots of new toys (Cricut, Cuttlebug and a variety of different stamping things) now I just have to learn how to use them. Mostly, I seem to spend a lot of time cutting up paper, having lots of do overs and trying to figure out why my cards didn't turn out the way I wanted them to.

I'm going to my first Card Buffet and Stamping Camp next week and hope to learn new skills and discover hidden talents.

Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #165  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Add one more to the education area I guess...finishing up my 40th year-----elementary.....but I also am a 4-h volunteer (teach photography), a photographer ( of nature stuff mostly) and avid crafter......( paper crafts mostly now but I have also been heavy into leather craft, quilting/sewing and I just discovered geocaching). Because my teaching job is with books, I love to read and spend a lot of time reading and the rest of it on-line. Our 4 children are all grown and on their own, grandchildren live too far distant to be weekly or daily companions and Dh likes to fish every weekend. retirement is probably one or two years down the road.....and when it arrives, I won't know what to do with myself without 1. having to wear a name tag, 2. turn in lesson plans, 3. put up with building politics......
Be that as it may---I see a few fields I might investigate ----1. no not the beer tasting--can't stand the stuff 2. the wildlife biologist --surely 40+ years in public education-plus volunteering as a docent at the zoo would get me in the front door? 3--or maybe that one where she wears steel-toed boots and bosses men around....that sounds fun too.
tobi--I will have to wait till I get home to hear your song---it is amazing what the district chooses to block on our computers.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #166  
Insane Embellisher

What a fun thread!! My dream job is to be a elementary school teacher, I would really like 1st grade.... but I am still in school. So right now I work at a daycare in the toddler room full time 8-6 and then take night classes. I love working with kids, and always have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #167  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: In a place where there is Never enough TIME to stamp

Tobi asks what's your full-time job? Well, it's not full-time, but I'm a hairstylist, and work just part-time (about 28-30 hours a week) and then fill the rest of my time with two DD (5 and 2 yr. old) and try and sneak in a little stamping time for SU, too!
Fun thread. I'll have to listen to your song later...we try really hard around here to keep sleeping kiddos staying that way! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:54 AM   #168  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmomat39View Post
Wow, what wonderful jobs.

I am a cleaning lady. I clean homes from 2 bedroom apartments to 5600 sq ft houses.
I help out some of the CPA's that I clean for during tax season. I mow yards, paint, pool care, pet sitting. I manage peoples homes when they are traveling for business, vacation and mission work. I used to clean for a CM consultant and she would pay in product for doing her class prep, and catering for class.

I gave up my job in management several years ago in hopes of finding a less stressful job and starting a family. I needed something flexible enough to earn money and have my daughter with me.
I have to say you gals do great work!!
Tobi your singing is great! xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #169  
Forum Fanatic

I do in fact have a 'real job' outside of stamping, shocking, right?! I am an Architectural Designer, which means I have my Bachelor�s of Architecture, but I have yet to pass my licensing exam, I am in the process of completing my three years of internship, then I have 9 tests to pass before I can be licensed. Almost there...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #170  
Die Cut Diva

I am a school librarian, and I'm excited to see so many other librarians here!

People at school know about my hobby, because I'm dragging them along! I also have cards available to buy at work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #171  
Embossing Fanatic

Very cool thread! I'm a contract analyst for a biopharmaceutical company. Not very glamorous, lots of reading, but I love the negotiating part contracting! I've been stamping for about 4 years and my co-workers purchase cards from me, which gives me an excuse to buy more and more and more!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #172  
Polyshrink Goddess

tobi--I will have to wait till I get home to hear your song---it is amazing what the district chooses to block on our computers.

I am a Deans secretary at a high school. And I can't hear the song either because my computer is blocking it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fun Thread!

Tobi - I'll have to check out your song at home, like Ann, I'm blocked here at work...which brings me to the answer to your question...

I'm in healthcare. I work in Quality Assurance. We work on Performance Improvement, and make sure all the docs and nurses are doing what they are supposed to be doing...not really glamourous, but important none the less. Fun to learn about everyone's "other lives" ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #174  
Glitter Guru

I'm an office manager at an Association dealing in the coal industry. Its just me and my boss, and he is gone quite a bit so there is alot of computer time for me! LOL I like my job, love the industry I am in and enjoy having lots of free time during the day to "surf the web".

It tends to be a bit "boring" tho, hence the reason to find creative and crafty hobbies. I have always been "artsy fartsy" type and my job isnt creative at all so scrapbooking and stamping fill that need and also, fit into the small space I have in my house for a hobby. My boss kinda knows about my hobby as I am on this site most days. My friends are all into this thing, thats sort of how we all linked up a few years ago and my family doesnt really care too much! LOL My son is 12 and he thinks the things I make are "cool" and I am divorced so I usually create on the weekends my son is with his dad, which is nice. You can get quite a bit done in 2 days if you want to!

This thread is very interesting! Lets keep it going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #175  
Glitter Guru

Tobi, just listened to your song...WOW! Beautiful is all I can say. Amazing lyrics and this haunting melody that sticks with you! Well done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #176  
Rubber Obsessor

Work in a university library....evening supervisor or more descriptively "student wrangler". You'd be surprised how rowdy college kids can get... Most people know I am crafty at work, I have had to use my "skills" for work a few times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #177  
Compulsive Stamper

Beautiful voice and song!

I'm a billing coordinator for the largest privately owned accounting firm in Pittsburgh. It's extremely busy and very deadline oriented. I've been here for almost 14 years.

All of the women in my department know about my hobby addiction. One woman I work with asked me to make her 12 cards (one for each month). She gave them to her 86-year-old mom for Christmas and I packaged them in a really pretty, vintage inspired tin. All the of the cards had a vintage feel. I made them so the January card related to New Years, February related to Valentines Day, etc. On the first of each month her mom opens the card of the month. She put a blank check in each card for her mom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #178  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamping EmmaView Post
Beautiful voice and song!

I'm a billing coordinator for the largest privately owned accounting firm in Pittsburgh. It's extremely busy and very deadline oriented. I've been here for almost 14 years.

All of the women in my department know about my hobby addiction. One woman I work with asked me to make her 12 cards (one for each month). She gave them to her 86-year-old mom for Christmas and I packaged them in a really pretty, vintage inspired tin. All the of the cards had a vintage feel. I made them so the January card related to New Years, February related to Valentines Day, etc. On the first of each month her mom opens the card of the month. She put a blank check in each card for her mom.
That is one of the most touching things I have ever heard. It brought tears to my eyes.

Nothing interesting here - I'm an AA to a bunch of engineers and scientists. I love them all but the dork factor is pretty high up there! They think they know what I do in my 'spare' time but every time I get a box of goodies delivered to the office they ask me what I do with all that 'stuff'. I have to try to explain AGAIN about stamping, scraping, card making, etc. They pretend to be interested but it doesn't take long for the geek-speak to start back up! Apparently not one of them has a wife that's into any type of craft. Sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #179  
Mad Swapper

I currently am a Reading Coach and was a 3rd grade teacher for 7 years before that. I also work at our church with Children's music dept and Adult praise team.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #180  
Glitter Guru

Wow, Tobi....BEAUTIFUL voice & song! I envy people who can sing!

I feel very boring. In my previous life I was an accounting assistant for a promotional company. We put logos on things....hats....shirts...jackets...you name it, we put a logo on it. Best job ever. But after my first son was born, I just had to be with him. Became a SAHM with odd jobs here & there....in home child care....did child care at the Y so he could come with....taught at his preschool for a while....

Now my younger son is in kindergarten, & I'm now subbing. I love it. I work mostly with special needs, in fact I got my license because I did a long term assignment & it was required. I *really* want a job in the district, & figured subbing was the best way to get one!! I'm hoping to continue subbing until that happens, but the economy may have put a crimp in the plan. Hubby's job isn't looking so good.....so I may have to find something else a bit more stable & permanent :(

Funny thing is my kids are at the same school as the kids of that terrific boss I had at the best job ever years ago....such a small world!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #181  
Kookie Creator

I have a very uncreative job so when I do have the time I love to create cards and altered projects. I am a Tech Writer and write service bulletins, instruction sheets, procedures, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #182  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtualyvonneView Post
That is one of the most touching things I have ever heard. It brought tears to my eyes.

Nothing interesting here - I'm an AA to a bunch of engineers and scientists. I love them all but the dork factor is pretty high up there! They think they know what I do in my 'spare' time but every time I get a box of goodies delivered to the office they ask me what I do with all that 'stuff'. I have to try to explain AGAIN about stamping, scraping, card making, etc. They pretend to be interested but it doesn't take long for the geek-speak to start back up! Apparently not one of them has a wife that's into any type of craft. Sad.
I hear you. For three years, I worked as a writer/editor at Micron Technology. A big part of my job was editing data sheets for computer memory chips. Exciting stuff, let me tell ya! I spent a lot of time having engineers explain what they were trying to say so I could rewrite their (non)sentences so they made sense.

By the end, I'd given up on changing the word "transition" when they used it as a verb. They wore me down. But really, it's not a verb!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #183  
Pearl-ExPert

I've enjoyed reading this thread! What an interesting variety of occupations. I'm a social science researcher and do things like attitude surveys with employees.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #184  
Die Cut Diva

wow very wide variety of occupations.

I'm in the worst field for business right now.. the Auto Industry *sigh* I have been in it since I was 20 tis the only thing I know. I am in the accounting office and do HR and ANYTHING else they hand to me in there. I have worked in about every department except selling.. no way.. no how.. We were just recently bought by another owner and I'm working right now 6 days a week (salary of course) and feeling as if I'm beat up very demanding boss I have now. so I do not have much time to stamp nor fill my fave's up on the Sunday thread.. LOL.. This is my bit of sanity from the real world or when I go play Literati..

My comptroller & friend got me to go to a SUparty and here I am.. 4 years later still stamping.. everyone at my job knows we do it.. we bring our little "goodies" in for show and tell days.. erm erm or we used to now its more we are just a number *sigh*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #185  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I am a classically trained Soprano who decided to get married have kids right out of college. Recently, I decided to "do something" with my education and opened a music store/studio. I teach private voice and piano lessons. Our studio also offers lessons in guitar, drums, winds, brass, and pretty much everything else. In the retail area, we offer music accessories (picks, strings, tuners, etc.), books, and instruments. We've been open officially 2 months, but have been in our location for a year. We had A LOT of renovating to do. My DH (teaches guitar and drums) and I trade off days. I start out each day and on tuesday, thursday and Saturday he teaches, so I get to go home when he gets there from his regular job. My final goal is to hire all of our teachers and actually SING for a living. We'll see where God takes me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #186  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by homesteadView Post
I work in a Drs office. I do reception, scheduling and pre-authorization of surgeries. I don't work full time there I get to work part time. When the kids are in school. My full time job is that of wife and mom. The best job ever! Most of the time, lol, but not when I'm fighting them to get there homework done and get good grades like I am now. My husband say "kids the biggest headaches you'd never want to do without." I love that because some days like today they make me feel like my head will pop off.

You teachers out there, Bless you for what you put up with everyday. Thanks you for teaching our kids. I try to tell each of the kids teachers that a few times a year. You make such a difference.
Everybody knows I stamp. Most buy cards from me.
Thank you! We can't hear it enough, especially at this point in the school year! :mrgreen:

I design for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #187  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a wife, mom, and elementary school teacher.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #188  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
HA!!!!

I am a high school math teacher (oh, you didn't like math in high school? Wow, that is the first time anyone has told me that.) I've sold a few cards at work, especially in my department, and I give cards to all the secretaries and the people in my department. It's so easy to impress math people with crafty stuff. I was actually in charge of making big popup or interactive cards for the teachers that retired from our department before I got into stamping. I have one friend at work I have slowly brought over to the dark side, so we get to chat at lunch about the latest SCS topic or online shopping deal.

Only NINE more days left with students!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I can relate to that one! Whenever I tell people I'm an English teacher, they say, "Oh, I better watch my grammar around you!" or if they're writing something to me, they say, "Don't get out your red pen, okay?" Not that I would ever do that...:twisted:

I design for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #189  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Love that song! It's beautiful and your voice is amazing! It does sound like a very cool movie track song! Lovely!
My job is rather technical and boring, but I get paid well to do it! I am a hospital product specialist and I do something called Data Parsing, or Data Cleansing for the nation's largest non-for-profit hospital system. We have over 70 hospitals. We take the data purchasing information from all the hospitals and separate the information so all the like items get cleansed, classified and categorized correctly so better business and supply chain decisions can be made. We have a powerful software tool that actually uses artificial intelligence to help us parse the data correctly. We run the data through several programs to correctly identify every little purchase from janitorial to capital expenses to surgical instruments and equipment--everything! It's not glamorous and this is work behind the scenes taken for granted by most who use the data after we cleanse it.

I was a music major when I first started college, but then switched to business and Supply Chain.

At work everyone knows I make cards as they are the recipients at Christmas, other holidays and birthdays and other occasions.

Tobi, you are one super talented person, for your cards are beautiful and so is your voice!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #190  
Glitter Queen

Where can I find more of your music !! Loved it.
I work full time 3-12 hour days at a distribution warehouse . I cut boxes open and pick product and put in bigger boxes. I'm an empty-nester. Boring compared to some of these jobs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow ! What a great thread!! Fascinating. I work for the county department of Agriculture. A USDA co-operator, but locally. A jack of all trades, but master of none fits aptly for me. Not many at work know that I stamp, but all my friends do!! ;)
Tobi, what a great song!!
jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #192  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadiebirdView Post
I am a respiratory therapist at a children's hospital.
Oh, we sooooooo thank God for you people! There's too much to say and not enough organized though at this late hour to say it. Suffice to say, thanks to all of those who work in the children's hospitals!!!.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #193  
Gallery Gazer

I've been sitting here this evening reading what everyone does for a living. As for me I work for a grocery store. My husband and I both have nineteen years in with this company. I work in the grocery department, and the receiving dept a little, AND am a checker when needed. I have worked part time for the last nine years since we had kids. But since November I have started working close to full time. I really love the extra money. And a few extra hours a day isn't bad. My husband gets the kids off to school and I am home when they get home so it works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #194  
Embossing Fanatic

I work as a Dietitian in a local hospital!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #195  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Laura*View Post
Wow, Tobi, your voice reminds me of Amy Lee's from Evanessence and the song reminds me of something you'd hear in a movie like Twilight.
I finally got to listen to �Hold On� and this was what I immediately thought also. Hopefully you�re not offended by either comparison. It�s funny, several people have said that they found your song relaxing. I don�t know that I could pick a single word to describe it, but for me �relaxing� would not be it. Your voice, the music, the composition, � all very brooding, haunting, and beautiful. Very emotion evoking. I'm with the Poster that said she would sit through the movie credits to hear this song.

Visited your blog. Hmm, so nice that you have so much �free� time on your hands. Don�t punch me, you know I�m j/k! And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. You�ll be providing the music, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #196  
Compulsive Stamper

I am a mom of 3 girls, 1 dog, 2 cats and wife of 1 husband!;) But my actual full time job in the day is being an Accountant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #197  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DendrobiumView Post
Where can I find more of your music !! Loved it.
Thank you! And... I believe all things happen for a reason. I had just finished my degree in jazz (voice and piano) and i had applied for teacher's training but hadn't heard anything, so i assumed i didn't get in. I pursued an avenue that was calling my name for a long time, and that was a record deal. The DAY I found out about the record deal I also got a call from the university saying they had one spot for me in the student teacher program and I had one day to decide.... GULP! I decided to take the teacher route because that's what I really wanted, and I thought, if I'm meant to make a CD, it will happen again...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #198  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtualyvonneView Post
Visited your blog. Hmm, so nice that you have so much �free� time on your hands. Don�t punch me, you know I�m j/k! And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. You�ll be providing the music, right?
hahaha...

You know... the music aspect of the wedding has been the most difficult part... Everyone thinks "well naturally you're going to sing at your wedding..." and I'm like, really?? I don't think so..... I don't know..... I'm having my high school choir sing, but I don't think i will. I'll be too busy crying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #199  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
hahaha...

You know... the music aspect of the wedding has been the most difficult part... Everyone thinks "well naturally you're going to sing at your wedding..." and I'm like, really?? I don't think so..... I don't know..... I'm having my high school choir sing, but I don't think i will. I'll be too busy crying.
Of course you won�t be actually singing at your own wedding. You�ll be busy being beautiful and euphoric (read crying)! Let your high school choir sing your song to your new life. This has so much potential for you and your choir. They will never forget being a part of this step in your life and you will never forget them for the same reason. I�m so happy for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 AM   #200  
Rubber Obsessor

One of my jobs is a very creative job...
some days I am the 'Town Marshall' in a simulated mining town;
some days I am the 'Wagon Master' of a wagon train;
some days I am teaching aeronautics/aviation;
some days I am an Archaeologist in a simulated dig site;
some days I teach students about astronauts & space;
and more.
(I design/develop & am the supervisor of hands-on educational programs for students who visit our 150-acre campus as a field trip destination.)
I also teach Project AIMS (math & science) twice a week to 3-6 grade students who attend the K-12 public charter school also on our campus.
It's a FUN job!

A lot of my co-workers know about my stamping/card-making and describe me as creative.

My other job is...owning an eviction business with my husband, who is a process server. :-)

So, I have fun with kids during the day and type court papers at night, which leaves barely time to stamp! At times, I feel more like a stamp/stuff COLLECTOR, ya know?!

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes