Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 AM   #201  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tobi-your song/voice is amazing.

My real job is quite boring in comparison to some of the jobs here. I'm a Human Resource Director for a local Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. Been there just over 15yrs and love the people I work with.

My other job is that of a Scuba Diving Instructor which I love. Helping people learn and getting to see 3/4 of our world is amazing. I've meet some wonderful people and been able to travel to some amazing places.

Some people know of my craft habit and enjoy my work. I just wish there were more hours in a day to "do it all."

My new BLOG
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #202  
Matboard Maniac

I work at a nuclear power plant in Central Illinois. I started there in 1981 when it was still under construction and I guess I was too since I was only 19! I work in the supply dept and do a variety of tasks - some technical - some not so much. It's close to home and it's paid the bills all these years so I guess I'll stay. Most of the people in my department know about my crafting and of course the ones I call 'friend' know because they've received goodies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #203  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great singing voice Tobi!

First off, I read this entire thread....loved to see what everyone does.

I personally think the SAHM have the most valuable jobs of all!

I work for Cananda Post. Yep, I am your mailman! Or to be politically correct you 'Letter Carrier'. I LOVE my job....except in the SNOW, RAIN, and extreme HEAT. LOL I just keep telling myself...You are getting paid to exercise, you are getting paid to exercise....lol

Seriously though, I do love my job!

Some of my fellow employee's, (the women) know that I make cards. Some have asked me to bring them to work to sell...but I haven't worked up the nerve to do so yet. They do look at the one's that I personally bring in to mail though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #204  
Gabfest Goddess

Very interesting thread! I unfortunately have to work & cannot stamp & cruise SCS all day! LOL

I am a Branch Manager (3 branches actually) of a staffing company/temp service. I have been there for 7 years & totally love it! I am in my car a lot - my home base is 34 miles from home while my furthest office is 67 miles from home. I went to college for marketing so this is right up my alley. I am of course responsible for all 3 offices & the majority of the sales. I knock on company doors all day & talk w/ HR people & plant managers. I love that I get paid to talk!!!! I am so good at that, so I am told! LOL

Everyone one on my team knows that I create, and they love receivng anything handmade from me. Everytime I make them something they want me to sell that particular item! Since I have so many people to buy for in my office(s) I make things for just about every holiday I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #205  
Pearl-ExPert

i have loved this thread.. it's satisfied my nosiness for a little while...

a little while............... mwah ha ha ha...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #206  
Matboard Maniac

Cool thread. Very Neat to see all the great occupations we have!!! I'm a respiratory therapist for the past 26 years. Everyone at work knows my crafty side thats forsure. I'm a mother to one 22 yearold son and a 4 legged Weimaraner named Jake. He loves to sit at my feet while I stamp cards.
Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #207  
Glitter Queen

What a diverse bunch of folks here!

I'm a Programmer/Analyst at a large online wholesale bead and jewelry making supply company. I work on internal programs for different departments - photography (they do all the photos for the website and the catalog), warehouse (storing all those lovely things), and breakdown (we buy in bulk and this department splits them into the smaller packaging we well). I love it because I like learning about all the different departments, but I've been doing this same type of thing for 23 years so it gets kind of old. Two girls in my department do cards - they're the ones that got me hooked. I found SCS and the rest is history.... or at least my spare time is history.... I can't surf much during the day so I don't post much, but I try to read all the posts when I get a chance.

My 'other' full time job is my soaping business - I do a Saturday Art Market every week from May-Sept, and also sell online and at some other art fairs in the area. I've also done a little bit of wholesale but with my 'real' full time job that gets to be a bit much. I'm trying to keep my biz small now so I don't go crazy, and then will expand it when I retire from the day job. For someone who works with computers I really hate them at times Card making, stamping, and soap making are my creative outlet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #208  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Medical transcription service owner, sold company, retired, teacher, medical transcription, went PRN, started Christian Paper Crafts Magazine. And now I'm adding web designer to my resume. Now gotta get back to work doing medical transcription to pay for magazine.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #209  
Insane Embellisher

I'm surrently unemployed but just finished up going back to college for Dental Assisting. Hoping to find a job in this crummy economy- wish me luck. I have been a Pharmacy Technician, customer service agent, and an elevator apprentice. I just got tired of all of these jobs eventually and wanted to go back to school to hopefully do something I really like that utilizes my skills and talents with good pay and good benefits. So far I'm loving what I have learned and hope to stick with this until I get really old and retire someday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #210  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Cool thread. Very Neat to see all the great occupations we have!!! I'm a respiratory therapist for the past 26 years. Everyone at work knows my crafty side thats forsure. I'm a mother to one 22 yearold son and a 4 legged Weimaraner named Jake. He loves to sit at my feet while I stamp cards.
Good to see another RT on this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #211  
Easily Inspired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My DH and I are self-employed doing swimming pool service and repairs. I have my own route that I take care of and he has his. Much better this way. LOL I also do all the bookwork. I started the business about 20 years ago just wanting a *part-time* job. Yeah right. Then he decided to do it too. Worked out great when our two kids were young. I would take then with me which was nice. Now they are older, as I am, and have their own jobs elsewhere while Dad and Mom still clean pools! Gives me lot's of thinking and creating time in my head. My sister got me into stamping about 3 years ago. She also shared SCS with me! I love making cards. It really relaxes me I am so thankful for that. I have one customer that knows of my hobby and looks forward to seeing weekly what I have created.

What a fun thread. Have enjoyed reading about everyone! Tobi, tried to listen to your song but it said it wasn't available. I'll try back again later. Bye Ya'll.......see you in the gallery! :0)
2010 DT for Rubbernecker Stamps
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 05:26 AM   #212  
Matboard Maniac

I'm an administrative assistant for a Fortune 500 company. A few of the people I work with know about my hobby of scrapbooking and cardmaking. In fact, my old boss gave me a gift card to Archiver's when I left her for another job. Sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 05:53 AM   #213  
Matboard Maniac

My official title is Administrative Assistant, but it is a very small company and I basically do anything and everything that needs to be done. From the website to bookkeeping to ordering, whatever needs to be done I pretty much take care of it. I have been here over 12 years and it works. I work with all guys and although they know I love design, I do some of the brochures that go out, but I have never shared my personal crafts with them. Most men just do not get those things. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:09 AM   #214  
Kookie Creator

What a great thread! Very neat to see what everyone does!
I am a fulltime paramedic, part time college instructor (paramedic students) and SU hobby demo... My colleagues know my hobby because I try to bring projects into work to do during downtime between calls (although we are way to freakin busy nowadays to do that!). When my last partner started working with me my supervisor warned her that it would be very EXPENSIVE working with me ( I have gained quite a few customers/followers from my work colleagues!!!!)... SHe has managed to resist succumbing to this hobby, but despite that I have somehow managed to be sucked into making her wedding invites- all 130 of them!!!
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #215  
Kookie Creator

Wow Tobi! Gorgeous song and voice!!!! I have goosebumps!
DIane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:56 AM   #216  
Kookie Creator

I am an RN on the pediatrics floor at my local hospital, were I have worked for the past 10 years. I also recently started working the at our local clinic pediatrics phone nurse job several days a month.
I am the proud mother of 2 great kids ages almost 7 and 4 1/2 I have been stamping/crafting for almost 5 years now and love it. I do find that I don't have as much time for it as I would like. But I am hoping as the kids get older, I will be able to spend more time doing it. I do love being a nurse and that is truely my passion, helping others, mainly children!!

My avatar is me with my kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #217  
Matboard Maniac

I worked at a bakery for dogs (yes we made birthday cakes and other treats for dogs) for three years. Now I am a mail lady walking seven miles a day. I love my job ! I get to walk all day, play with the dogs and say hi to all the people that wait for me. It took a while for all of the dogs on my route to like me. when I first started on my route all of the dogs would bark now they sit by the door and wag there tails . love that.
I am one of four ladies that work in my office and none of them are crafty. the only person that talks crafts with me is a guy whos wife is really crafty. He actually likes to see all the cards i made before i mail them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #218  
Mad Swapper

Now a retired SAHM to a 10 and 11 year old.

Previous life I was a Forecasting Manager for a large medical diagnostics company in Indianapolis. Met my DH there, and my SU demo works there. Lots of stampers at the company. Found them all in the cafeteria stamping away one night when I was working late, and the rest is history.

Worked full time for 28 years, and thought I was set with my 401k. Might go back to work in a few years after the losses last year!

Visit my little galleria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #219  
Pearl-ExPert

It was fun reading about all the "real jobs" everyone has.

My full time job is "CPC" or Certified Professional Coder for a group of ER Doctors.

My part time jobs are caring for my grandchildren on a daily basis and making sure they get off to school okay in the mornings. You would be shocked to know that people want to charge almost $700 per month in day care to do this just because one of them is mentally challenged. That is such a ridiculous amount for a couple hours in the mornings.

I also teach scrapbooking at the LSS and help work the quarterly crops they hold. And I teach private classes for cardmaking and altered art.

I have always wanted to be a "CSI" person and I saw that there was one on here - I am so envious.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #220  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nice to see a fellow Mail Lady on SCS! I love my job too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhayesView Post
I worked at a bakery for dogs (yes we made birthday cakes and other treats for dogs) for three years. Now I am a mail lady walking seven miles a day. I love my job ! I get to walk all day, play with the dogs and say hi to all the people that wait for me. It took a while for all of the dogs on my route to like me. when I first started on my route all of the dogs would bark now they sit by the door and wag there tails . love that.
I am one of four ladies that work in my office and none of them are crafty. the only person that talks crafts with me is a guy whos wife is really crafty. He actually likes to see all the cards i made before i mail them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #221  
Rubber Obsessor

It has been fun to hear of the wide variety of jobs. I work for three different towns, combined it is full time. I am town clerk/administrator for two, and finance officer for three. I have a lot of night meetings, but I like what I do. I like knowing whats going on in the town!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #222  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a stay-at-home-mom to a one-year old and I'm currently growing a second. I rarely find time to stamp anymore . . . but I wouldn't trade my life for anything!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #223  
Embossing Fanatic

This is a great thread. I have really enjoyed reading all of the responses.

Tobi, you have a wonderful voice, and the song is beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing your recording with us.

I am an attorney for a university. My primary area of expertise is charitable giving. I love my job.

Many of my colleagues are aware of my hobby because they have received cards and/or invitations from me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #224  
Rubber Obsessor

Special Education Teacher
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #225  
Matboard Maniac

Such amazing and interesting crafters on this board! I'm a RN and thinking of going back to school to become a nurse midwife. I also have a set of Angel Wings for fun!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #226  
Matboard Maniac

I forgot to say that you have a beautiful voice Tobi! I'm just in awe of you. But I want the beer tasting job for myself! ;-)
Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #227  
Mad Swapper

Am an auto claim adjuster for a national insurance company - a very interesting and complicated job -- but I just LOVE it - always a new story - always something new to learn -- Gerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #228  
Kookie Creator

I am a home educator. Does that count? I also keep the books for my husband's business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 03:14 AM   #229  
Mad Swapper

I am a dog groomer...and yes the people I work with know my obsession. I have brought them over to the stamping and scrapping side. LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 03:21 AM   #230  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

I work full time at McDonalds as a store manager and part time at a gift shop. Plus SU...as you can probably imagine my SU business suffers a bit, wish i could do it full time!!

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 03:30 AM   #231  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcavanaughView Post
Special Education Teacher
God bless you! Both my boys are on IEPs and have made such wonderful progress because of Special Education Teachers. You are all angels on earth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #232  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

I have enjoyed reading about all the different jobs..I am an office manager at a resort. Our busy summer season is getting ready to kick off!
Keep on stampin' & scrappin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #233  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi

I am now to my third career even if I am 36. Now I teach painting in my own studio since 2003 and also design painting pattern which are published in magazine and sell my designs to art supplies store and boutique and to travel teaching as well. I also give few stamping workshops as I have students who does both painting and stamping.

Before I was Computer Scientist working in CSE here in Ottawa,Canada which is the equivalent of the NSA in states working in computer security field as a software specialist ans before I was a Mission Planner at the Canadian Space Agency for the Radarsat1 and 2 Satellite.

And way before that my first career I was violinist in Quebec Symphonic Orchestra. As I also loved science I decided to go back to University to learn computer science and change career and than now I am back to Art field but visual art instead of music so it means that we can get the girl out of the art but we can not get the art out of the girl. (do not know if it is the right translation of the french on peut sortir la fille des arts mais pas les arts de la fille)???

So here it is my career path. I live in Quebec province in Canada with my husband. I have no kids yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #234  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I work full time in an ER. My kids are grown, so my "free" time is usually spent making cards and scrapbooking. If I "HAVE" to spend time with my retired husband, then I do. hahaha

My co-workers buy my cards, and sometimes even my SU stuff, since I am a hobby Demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #235  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I am an RN and work full time in an ER. My kids are grown, so my "free" time is usually spent making cards and scrapbooking. If I "HAVE" to spend time with my retired husband, then I do. hahaha

My co-workers buy my cards, and sometimes even my SU stuff, since I am a hobby Demo.[/quote]

Last edited by Luciesfloozies; 05-16-2009 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #236  
Pearl-ExPert

I am a Electrical Engineer for an aerosoace company. So is my husband. We met while lab partners in college. Math was and still is my favorite subject. Most of my co-workers know that I craft.
Reply With Quote Likes