Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope is the word that I chose as my word for this year. I am so pleased to see a faith based challenge using Hope as its theme. I will be participating when ever possible. Love the frame, cards and the Hope tin.

Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my cover page:
SCRC210 Cover Page by gwendolyn46 at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:19 AM   #43  
Inking Addict

Dumb question, but I cannot figure out how to post a photo to THIS gallery? When I go to "upload a photo", I'm just lost! I'd love to share some of my work, as well as to participate in this challenge this year, but I'm a techno-slug when it comes to figuring this stuff out. And PATIENCE is part of it! THANK YOU for showing me the way! - Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkccmomView Post
Dumb question, but I cannot figure out how to post a photo to THIS gallery? When I go to "upload a photo", I'm just lost! I'd love to share some of my work, as well as to participate in this challenge this year, but I'm a techno-slug when it comes to figuring this stuff out. And PATIENCE is part of it! THANK YOU for showing me the way! - Kim
Hey Kim! I'm wearing my Colts blue today!!! I'm from the Indy area as well! To help with uploading and other common questions, check out THIS THREAD. Toward the middle of the page is a post about the gallery. Good luck! Can't wait to see your creations!!! God Bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #45  
Inking Addict

Angella, THANK YOU...we're actually going to the game tomorrow night!! We've had tickets this year so we were blessed to get playoff tickets! So here's hoping!!

I have figured out how to upload a card IN GENERAL, but how do I get it to show up for this particular group? I'm not sure how to get it into a specific gallery, namely this HOPE thing. I realize I can do a member gallery, so do I just paste that link in a post, or how?

I have never submitted anything, tho I've got 100s of cards under my belt. Just never feel mine are as good as others'...I kinda feel "kindergartner'y" up next to the Ph.Ds!!

Anyway, I'm willing to put it out there, just want to be sure I'm putting it in the correct place. Thanks again!

GO COLTS!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Angella, THANK YOU...we're actually going to the game tomorrow night!! We've had tickets this year so we were blessed to get playoff tickets! So here's hoping!!

I have figured out how to upload a card IN GENERAL, but how do I get it to show up for this particular group? I'm not sure how to get it into a specific gallery, namely this HOPE thing. I realize I can do a member gallery, so do I just paste that link in a post, or how?

I have never submitted anything, tho I've got 100s of cards under my belt. Just never feel mine are as good as others'...I kinda feel "kindergartner'y" up next to the Ph.Ds!!

Anyway, I'm willing to put it out there, just want to be sure I'm putting it in the correct place. Thanks again!

GO COLTS!!
Kim, there is a box for "Keywords" on the 2nd page of the uploading process and in that box you enter HOPE2010. Then anyone doing a search (click on drop down arrow in the left sidebar under In the Forums) would enter HOPE2010 and all the projects will show up. You can also paste a link to your gallery page here and then we can go look at it! I do both so that others know when I've uploaded a project.
Don't worry, you'll get it!!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #47  
Inking Addict

Gwen, you all are very kind and very patient!! I'll do what you've instructed, and cross my fingers!! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Quote:

Gwen, you all are very kind and very patient!! I'll do what you've instructed, and cross my fingers!! Thanks so much!
You can do it!!! And I can't wait to see your work!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwendolyn46View Post
Apparently, I am losing it! I posted the cover for my Scripture Challenge with Patter in this thread! Sorry!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies,

Just found this challenge and am so excited to play. What a great word to start the New Year with. My scripture is from Psalm 42:5 ..."I will put my hope in God."

Psalm 42:5 by Patty M at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #51  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Good evening ladies! I'm posting a little early as I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow. The house is quiet (for now) and there's something really important that I need you to know and have to share with you before we move forward, and that is the secular/Webster's dictionary meaning of HOPE and God's meaning of HOPE. Let's pick apart the two and you will see just how different they are.

Here's is what dictionary.com has to say about HOPE. I got depressed reading it. It was all so iffy and maybe. Now if you look down to the second meaning of HOPE that is listed, it gets a little better.

Now, let's look at what real HOPE is and what God says it is. We're conditioned to the secular meaning of the word. In the secular, using the word HOPE often has a wavering, uncertain sound.

Zondervan's Expository Dictionary of Bible Words has several pages on the real meaning of the word HOPE and I will summarize it for you. The Bible seldom uses HOPE in a doubt-filled way. Instead, HOPE focuses attention on God and fills up with eager expectation. No one who learns to hope in a Biblical way will ever be overcome by disappointment but will be filled with patience, encouragement, and enthusiasm. We are to look ahead eagerly with confident expectation. Each instance of HOPE mentioned in the Bible also calls for patience, reminding us that the fulfillment of hope lies in the future. All of the prophets and men who wrote the Bible were familiar with God's covenants (promises) and how he would be faithful to them. They expressed and overflowing confidence in God personally of how God will deliver in this life and for the life beyond. Because the believer knows God and trusts him, we can say that we have hope, real hope, not the unwavering and uncertain kind. We serve a faithful God. The Lord preserves the faithful, be strong and take heart all of you who hope in the Lord, Psalm 31:23-24. In a most basic way, HOPE is a relational term. It is a great affirmation of trust in God, not because the believer knows what is ahead, but because God is known as wholly trustworthy. Think about Moses and the Red Sea. Only God gives HOPE. It's not something that we can conjure up within ourselves. The Old Testament never shifts from the conviction that a relationship with God is the ultimate group of hope. In the New Testament, Paul tells us that HOPE is always the expectation of something good. It is also something that we must wait for. Everything you and I HOPE for is wrapped up in Jesus. As long as our hope is in God, we have hope. And a future. Jeremiah 29:11.

As I was making this card a few weeks ago for one of our Bible verse challenges of Isaiah 40:28, I knew immediately what I was going to do today. Can you imagine the tone of voice Isaiah was using when he said, Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." The first two sentences really struck me because I can hear the excitement in his voice. Can you?

This week's challenge: Let's share that excitement with somebody else when we share the gospel with others of, Do you not know? Have you not heard? Maybe God is wanting to use you to teach and to share the gospel this week with somebody. Use Isaiah 40:28 in a project or gift or whatever God leads you to do, and give this to somebody else to share HOPE with them. And for you, learn about God's HOPE in his word and believe in that, not the "maybe" of Mr. Webster.

Here is my Isaiah 40:28 card. Remember to use keyword HOPE2010 when uploading your project to the gallery so that we can leave you some blessings. We are going to come out of this with a strong and unwavering hope in Jesus. I will see you back on February 5, but until that time, God bless you, and read a verse everyday in your Bible with the word HOPE in it.

Big blessings and hugs to you.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007

Last edited by KY Southern Belle; 01-22-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great teaching for us today Cindy! I would love to see your card but the link is not working. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Wonderful Cindy, thanks for your teaching today!
Here is my card I've created to give away in hopes of ministering encouragment and the Gospel:
Spring Blessing
Natalie ~ Psalm 5:11-12
BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh this challenge is perfect., I was jsut talking to a coworker of issues she is having with her teen son, and making a card for her would be perfect. thanks for the hope challenge ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is the card I made using Is. 40:28:
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....sc-sketch

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Hi, everybody! Here's my card for this challenge. I didn't use the exact verse so I hope it still qualifies for this challenge. I instead made a card for a friend of mine who's been going through some hard times over the last year. I know she knows of God's hope, but after all she's been through, I know she's discouraged and feels like giving up. I wanted to encourage her to not give up hope, God's got better things on the horizon for her. Anyway, here's my card:

Front:
Believe by GaMtnScrap at Splitcoaststampers
Inside:
Believe by GaMtnScrap at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

I like what you all have done so far. I have got to get to work on mine. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Here is my file card for my Box of Hope using Isaiah 40:28

Hear the Good News

Thanks for the inspiration Cindy!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #59  

Default HOPE2010 #3 Challenge, February 5, 2010

For our HOPE2010 #3 challenge, I'm digging deeper this week and am asking you what you would like to see in your personal life, what your hope is for your life. That is our challenge for today. It seems almost generic that my sentiment is "Love and Happiness," but how many of us truly have that? There are so many Christian women who are not loved by their own husband or have happiness in life because of that, or carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Today's secular culture tells us that "you can do it all," but they don't bother with mentioning the price of doing it all. Your burdens needs to be laid at the foot of the cross ladies, all of them. We literally wear ourselves out trying to do it all and generally of our own accord and ways, but this is not how God would have it. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty burnt out of being weary and burdened. The only way we "can do all things" is through Christ who strengthens us, Philippians 4:13. Just because we're Christians doesn't mean that we're perfect or not prone to depression, marriage problems, drug addition, you name it. As a matter of fact, we are more prone to these things because we have the enemy hot on our tail. On the other hand though, we are also more prone to victory through Jesus Christ and Jesus alone.

So, let's get back to our challenge of what is your hope for you personally? It can be as generic as you want it too with only you knowing the meaning behind it or if you wish to share, that's fine too. There's no judging here. I just want you to really soul search on what your hope is and how God is going to give that hope to you.

I pray that you, and myself, take God up on his promises of rest for our soul and strength. God bless you. I'll see you back on February 19.

Here is my project for this challenge.

Love & Happiness

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my card for this HOPE challenge of what we most want in our life. I thought right away about a verse MY parents have always loved. My main goal in my life has been to see that I taught our children as much as I could about the Lord. My prayer has been that they would make Jesus their Lord and Savior and they have. Now my prayers have expanded to include a ddil, who is a Christian, and our grandchildren (two little girls with #3 due in June). There truly is no greater thing than to see your children walking in the truth! I can't think of any thing else I want in my life more than that!
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....10-mmsc41

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwendolyn46View Post
Here is my card for this HOPE challenge of what we most want in our life. I thought right away about a verse MY parents have always loved. My main goal in my life has been to see that I taught our children as much as I could about the Lord. My prayer has been that they would make Jesus their Lord and Savior and they have. Now my prayers have expanded to include a ddil, who is a Christian, and our grandchildren (two little girls with #3 due in June). There truly is no greater thing than to see your children walking in the truth! I can't think of any thing else I want in my life more than that!
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....10-mmsc41.html
Nicely done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #62  
Embossing Fanatic

I am so thankful I stumbled upon this group!

Interestingly, in church yesterday we went over 1 Kings 18 and the story of Elijah. We emphasized the Value of 1 person, and how 1 person, with God, can change a nation. You, Cindy, have made a great start! Way to standup and make a statement. Thank you so much for maintaining this project!

Last night as I summarized my notes and prayed, I prayed for a way share my faith and now I find this thread. Silent prayers do get answered and I thank YOU for opening this door!

I am very much looking forward to all the projects shared by so many people here, and participating myself too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberKMAView Post
I am so thankful I stumbled upon this group!

Interestingly, in church yesterday we went over 1 Kings 18 and the story of Elijah. We emphasized the Value of 1 person, and how 1 person, with God, can change a nation. You, Cindy, have made a great start! Way to standup and make a statement. Thank you so much for maintaining this project!

Last night as I summarized my notes and prayed, I prayed for a way share my faith and now I find this thread. Silent prayers do get answered and I thank YOU for opening this door!

I am very much looking forward to all the projects shared by so many people here, and participating myself too!
Welcome, Kelly!! Glad you found this thread and glad to have you join us!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 03:25 AM   #64  

Good morning everybody and welcome to our HOPE2010 challenge #4. Marcelle shared with us an amazing and powerful devotional this week that I'd like to share with you.

�Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord and I will not let Israel go.� Exodus 5:2

Moses met the great �I Am� on a mountain, through a burning bush. Here God gave Moses a monumental task, �so now, go I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.� God wanted his people to be free and now Moses is faced with the choice to obey in faith and see the promises of God be fulfilled or walk away in disobedience and defeat without ever knowing how great His God is.

We also have been given the task as believers to go and give the gospel message of hope and promise of people being delivered from the Pharaoh of this age. Pharaoh represents the great enemy of God, Satan who has been apposed to God before the beginning of time. God has been commanding Satan to let his people go ever since God threw Satan out of the heavens. The same message is for us today in regards to the works of the enemy. We have been given the task to �go� and tell the enemy to let the people around us go. What loved ones do you have in your life that the enemy has kept in bondage and are unable to be free of eternal death? What situations have you given up in ever seeing the power of Christ overcome? Could it be that you have given up hope that your loved ones could be free? Have you stopped praying for them?

Pharaoh told Moses he would not do as God says, he would not let the people go. Today we also hear many people say the same thing to us, �who is your God that I should follow him I do not know him� instead I have decided to follow� Buddha, Mohammad, Hinduism, new age, Joseph Smith, Humanism, Charles Russell, atheism� When we do not speak to the enemy of Christ and say to him �let these people go�, those who follow these other gods are left in bondage. When we ourselves allow some habitual sin pattern dominate our lives and do not say to the enemy �let me go� we give over our power to another.

Jesus has given us the same command to go and give hope to others; he has equipped us by sending his Holy Spirit to live within us. The same God that displayed himself powerful and mighty to Pharaoh, the same God that overcame death on the cross is living in us as believers. We have the power and the commission to rebuke the enemy to release our loved ones from his hands. Will you today pray and tell Satan to let go of those you love? Satan will not give up easy when you start to pray, Pharaoh did not give up easy. Moses did not give up in spite of the situation getting worse; he did not give in to sentimentality when he saw the hardships that increased on behalf of his request to let them go. Instead he believed God and kept pressing in, will you? Let us be women who stand on our firm foundation in Christ and with the full power of God command the enemy to let our loved ones go. When we press on with God we will be like Moses leading others out of their �Egypt�. Ready to set some prisoners free?

WOW! There are several things that we can get out of Marcelle's message for today's challenge.

1. Make something for somebody that you have been praying for to come to know Christ and that you haven't given up hope for.
2. Make something for yourself representing some type of habitual sin that you hope that Christ will set you free from the bondage of and hope in His deliverance.

I have a few finishing touches that I have to make on my project and then I will post it, as well as needing some desperate light as it's 5:30 a.m. right now. My project is a message to myself and a prayer that I just realized yesterday that I need my own personal deliverance from and was just put on my heart. I need to be delivered from a lot of things actually, but this one is a priority right now. It may seem silly to you, but I have been such an uptight and rigid person it's not even funny. My life for the past 22 years has been nothing but a set of rigid rules and regulations that were always changing and never having had the courtesy of being told what the new rules were, and I acted so rigid with my own children as well. There was no flexibility in our lives, no lightheartedness, nothing but a set of stringent and strangling rules. Bondage.

Yesterday morning the kids poked around getting ready for school and didn't have time for breakfast. Normally I would have just hollered about wasting money and eating breakfast at school when we had breakfast here. I was about to do that until God clearly told me that I need to "lighten up." Instead of hollering, I told the kids, "I guess you'll be having breakfast at school this morning because we're running a little late." It was in a nice tone of voice and light. They looked at me in shock. That's bad ladies. As we continue our hope journey, we will learn more about each other.

I made a card that's very symbolic in that it has a belt on it and belts are generally tight to hold something in place. Under the belt is my sentiment of "lighten up." You may not get it but I do and so does God.

After I get my kids off to school and get some pictures, I'll upload it and share it with you. I can't wait to see what you do with this and when I come back, I'll also leave some love for you in the gallery for our last challenge. I don't know where these past 2 weeks have gone.

I wish you all a very blessed day and I think that I'll break a few more stringent rules. God bless you!

Here is my card for this challenge.

Lighten Up!

Last edited by KY Southern Belle; 02-19-2010 at 06:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! This is powerful! And thanks for sharing from your heart, I really appreciate it! I already know who I will be sending a card to...praying it will make a difference in her deliverance process!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #66  

Good evening everybody and welcome to our HOPE2010 challenge #5. I'm posting a little early this week because I think I'm coming down with something and am not sure what condition I'll be in tomorrow morning, so if you're reading this tonight, please say a prayer for me!

Psalm 71:14 says, "But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more."

That's what this week's challenge is based on is the above verse. You can use the verse in any way that you'd like and for any type of paper craft. A spin on this would be to use flowers in your project as well because we are all so ready for spring to arrive!

So, let's see what you can do! I will see you back on Friday, April 2, 2009! God bless and have a great weekend. Here's my card.

Always Have Hope

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

great challenge Cindy! I hope to get to this one soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my Ps. 71:14 project. What a great verse!!
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....moxie-fab

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:04 AM   #69  

Hello ladies and welcome to today's HOPE2010 Challenge #6. I pray that your participation picks up here and that you are blessed.

Molly Bennett, a member at Christian Paper Crafts, had shared with us how God has a positive answer to whatever you are feeling and I wish to share that with you as well.

You say: 'It's impossible'
God says: All things are possible
( Luke 18:27)

You say: 'I'm too tired'
God says: I will give you rest
( Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: 'Nobody really loves me'
God says: I love you
( John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )

You say: 'I can't go on'
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: 'I can't figure things out'
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5- 6)

You say: 'I can't do it'
God says: You can do all things
( Philippians 4:13)

You say: 'I'm not able'
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:

You say:'It's not worth it'
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )

You say: 'I can't forgive myself'
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: 'I can't manage'
God says: I will supply all your needs
( Philippians 4:19)

You say: 'I'm afraid'
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
( II Timothy 1:7)

You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated'
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)

You say: 'I'm not smart enough'
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: 'I feel all alone'
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

This is something that you definitely want to keep near you or handy to take a look at when you are feeling like God is not with you. Please remember that he always is and will never leave you or forsake you.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE is to make a project using one of these verses. I chose Matthew 11:28. Remember there are no time limits on this and just create and glorify the Lord. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you've created. Please use keyword HOPE2010 when uploading your project to the Splitcoast Gallery and not refer us back to your blog. We'd like everybody here to be blessed by your work.

I pray that all of you have a wonderful Good Friday today and Happy Resurrection Day on Sunday.

Here is my card: REST

HOPE2010 Gallery

God bless your month and I'll be back on May 7 for our next challenge!

Last edited by KY Southern Belle; 04-02-2010 at 02:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #70  
j20
Cardstock Collector

I just came across this challenge and will be happy to join in. May start with challenge 1 and work my way to current, but I'm very excited to get started. Thanks so much for this wonderful idea!

Jean
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by j20View Post
I just came across this challenge and will be happy to join in. May start with challenge 1 and work my way to current, but I'm very excited to get started. Thanks so much for this wonderful idea!

Jean
Welcome, Jean! It has been pretty quiet here so would love to have you join in the challenge!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

This is for challenge # 4, took me awhile to get this one done! We have been trying to build a relationship with this neighbor andalso invite him to church. His birthday is coming up so I thought I'd send him a card just to let him know he is in our thoughts.
CAS Birthday by gwendolyn46 at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #73  
j20
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Just posted my first card based on challenge #1. Couldn't find a sunrise I liked, so created my own. Let me know what you think.

Posted to the HOPE2010 gallery. Next I'll have to figure out how to link it to my post.

Jean
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #74  
j20
Cardstock Collector

Default Rejoice

Card for challenge #2 completed today. I love to make bookmarks for people, so thought it a good idea to make a card with a removable bookmark to use. Think I might make this same card for Mother's Day and just change up the computer text I printed on it. Click here for link to picture. Hope you like it!

Jean
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #75  

I'll go hunting for your stuff and Gwen's project too! So glad to have you here with us.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #76  

Good morning ladies. I had meant to post this last Friday, even though it was April 30, but May 1 was the next day, so figured it was okay. As usual, life gets in the way and I'm really bummed that I didn't post last Friday because on April 29, for Angie's Christian Paper Crafts Bible Verse Thursday, her challenge was to make a project praising God. I had one challenge planned for today's challenge, but her challenge really struck a chord with me because when we're down and without HOPE, the last thing most of us want to do is praise God. Praising God is another way to receive HOPE from him.

Today's Challenge: Make a project where God revealed himself to you using the Bible verse that He gave you.

Here is my card: Great God and King

HOPE2010 Gallery

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do and sharing your story with us. God bless you and our next challenge will be on Friday, June 4.

HOPE2010 Master Challenge List

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #77  
j20
Cardstock Collector

Default Soar High on Wings

Here's my card for this weeks challenge. I chose Isaiah 40:31 as it sure lifts me up when I'm down. This is one of my favorite verses. Let me know what you think!

Click here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hope 2010 Great God and King

Here's my card:
HOPE 2010 Great God and King by janaria at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #79  
j20
Cardstock Collector

That's so pretty! I love the paper you used. I also had trouble when I tryed the felted paper technique and ended up glueing most of the corners down because it didn't melt. It was a pretty texture, but doubt I'll try it any time soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my card for the verse God used to speak to me:
Purpose by gwendolyn46 at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes