Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #2321  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,850 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Alas, today is the last day of our DD's visit. We take her to the airport early tomorrow morning. We've sure enjoyed having her here for nearly two weeks! But the time has flown by.

I'll see you Saturday... that is, if I can see through my tears! ;)
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #2322  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Happy 2015!! I'm so blessed to have gotten to know you all the past year(s) and invited into this magnificent group - you are all such wonderful ladies and I'm honored to call you friends! I hope the year ahead is one of greatness and all things wonderful!

I have missed you sweet friends! It's been hard since we got back a couple days ago to find my 'sea legs!' Getting back into the swing of things has been hard!

Our vacation was amazing!!!!!!! We had so much fun and enjoyed every single ounce of it being freezing (temps in the 20's some days!) - except dh, lol. It snowed Christmas even and we woke up to snow on Christmas morning! It was absolutely magical - and we even went high up into the Smokies where it was just a winter wonderland. We hiked through the App. trail in a couple of inches and made a snowman, snowball tosses and just embraced the glory of it.

We also went skiing again (another day) and I've decided after three attempts at this at my age and the ridiculous "face planting" that it's NOT the sport for me! Nope. My dd's did unbelievable as if it comes natural to theme, as well as ds who needed the 'ski school', LOL. After that hour was up, he was zipping and zooming on the 'bunny slope', hee hee! The girls were up on the bigger mountains.

The 2 hour morning horse back riding was among my faves -- there is something so tranquil and peaceful about it and the connection to the nature, the earth, the magnificent animal. I had a sweet horse named BoBo ♥ My son's horse did a gallop unexpectedly and took him half way up a mountain - oh my! He handled her well but goodness that was scary - lol.

It was hard to leave! I wish I could say its nice to be home, LOL. I will live there one day, of that I'm sure -- we've lived in many countries and in most of the US States but there is something that resonates in my soul with the TN/NC area. One day!

I hope you're Christmas was wonderful and Santa was nice to you all! Santa's gift was waiting for me when we got home in the living room - a new bicycle! I eyed one in the store and my dd16 remembered, told dh and there you go So I guess my New Year will be tooling around town on my mint green 50's style bike ♥

Big hugs to you all and I'll post pics soon!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #2323  
Forum Fanatic

Received 450 Likes on 306 Posts

Happy 2015 to all of you!!

I had a nice, quiet evening. It suited me just fine. I even stayed up until about 12:15 am :shock:

And talked with various family & friends in all sorts of time zones across the country during the afternoon and evening hours. That was a big bonus!

Off to reclaim my stamping area. During all of the hustle and shifting around getting Bill's things out of the house, that room became my "safe area" to put things. No one but me and my birds go in there, so I knew that my things would stay where I put them, you know?

But, holy moley, what a mess! I need to reorganize it NOW. LOL :rolleyes:

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #2324  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 329 Likes on 218 Posts

What a great start to the new year Darlene - reclaiming your hobby :-).

So good to see you here again Kelly, and to know you had the holiday of your dreams.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #2325  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,081 Likes on 861 Posts

Welcome back Jeanette even if you weren't "away." :rolleyes:

Welcome home Kelly! So glad that you had a fabulous time on your trip. You can have the snow. I'll be happy just seeing a little bit of it about ever 10 years or so. ;) I've been waiting until you got back to share some news - My DD told me the other day that my DGD has been accademically accepted to FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they will give her "really nice" scholarships. I think she has already sent them a video, but she has to do an on campus audition and interview I think. I'm not sure when that will be. But wouldn't that just be a hoot if your DD and my DGD both go to the same college for the same thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #2326  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hello!

Happy New Year Ladies.

I stayed up till about 3AM last night- did not intend to, just happened. hehehehe And, Kel, if today is any indication for how the year will go, it was very relaxing....I read FB for a bit, made eggs for B-fast (at noon), played the piano for a bit, watched some football (yeah MSU), and worked on a tutorial for my ATC group that I am doing on Saturday. It is on using Modeling paste (which is pretty much the same as Embossing Paste). I think I am going to take pictures and write it up and put the tutorial on my blog as well.

Stephi is still home, she is a delight to have home, but she is very very sloppy! I will drive her back to school next Wednesday.

Maggie- feel better! Hope the Z-pac makes you feel good enough to be able to get something done over your long weekend.

Welcome home Kelly! I was waiting to hear about your trip! Sounds so awesome to go skiing and horseback riding in the snow. We have NO snow here yet........ So fun to get a bike for Christmas!

Darlene- it's great that it is working well to have the kids home with you and letting them save some $$$ while they work and go to school. Everything is soooo expensive for the kids now.

Maxine- sounds perfect- 80 is just right for the temp! Glad you are catching up and getting back to 'normal'. Hoping everyone is staying healthy!

Barb- you have so much fun! I am happy for you that your team won today as well.

Jeanette- now will your daughter come back home after this school year, or will she plan to come home after the school year? What a fun place to go visit!

Lynn- waving hi! How late did you and Jim stay up last night?

Waving Hi to Kristie and anyone else I missed : )

So, does anyone have any New Years Resolutions???

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #2327  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,314 Likes on 2,499 Posts

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #2328  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, this old lady was fast asleep by 10:30 last night! LOL! I figured the new year would come in whether I was awake or not - and it did! Had a very lazy day today but tomorrow will have to get with the program and start cleaning and all that fun stuff.

Kelly, glad y'all had such a fun trip! So many memories.
Shelly, glad Steph is home for a while. Messy or not I know you're enjoying your time together.

Hope everyone is going good and has a great weekend. Just rainy/misty and miserable cold weather here. No ice though so that's always a plus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 05:01 AM   #2329  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Alas, today is the last day of our DD's visit. We take her to the airport early tomorrow morning. We've sure enjoyed having her here for nearly two weeks! But the time has flown by.

I'll see you Saturday... that is, if I can see through my tears! ;)
Thinking of you today. I know it will be hard to see her leave, but she will come home again at some point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 05:03 AM   #2330  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy New Year Ladies.

I stayed up till about 3AM last night- did not intend to, just happened. hehehehe And, Kel, if today is any indication for how the year will go, it was very relaxing....I read FB for a bit, made eggs for B-fast (at noon), played the piano for a bit, watched some football (yeah MSU), and worked on a tutorial for my ATC group that I am doing on Saturday. It is on using Modeling paste (which is pretty much the same as Embossing Paste). I think I am going to take pictures and write it up and put the tutorial on my blog as well.

Stephi is still home, she is a delight to have home, but she is very very sloppy! I will drive her back to school next Wednesday.

Maggie- feel better! Hope the Z-pac makes you feel good enough to be able to get something done over your long weekend.

Welcome home Kelly! I was waiting to hear about your trip! Sounds so awesome to go skiing and horseback riding in the snow. We have NO snow here yet........ So fun to get a bike for Christmas!

Darlene- it's great that it is working well to have the kids home with you and letting them save some $$$ while they work and go to school. Everything is soooo expensive for the kids now.

Maxine- sounds perfect- 80 is just right for the temp! Glad you are catching up and getting back to 'normal'. Hoping everyone is staying healthy!

Barb- you have so much fun! I am happy for you that your team won today as well.

Jeanette- now will your daughter come back home after this school year, or will she plan to come home after the school year? What a fun place to go visit!

Lynn- waving hi! How late did you and Jim stay up last night?

Waving Hi to Kristie and anyone else I missed : )

So, does anyone have any New Years Resolutions???

Shelly
Sinuses and throat are still bothering me, but I'm trying not to let that get me down and I'm moving forward with my cleaning plans. I do have to stop and rest every so often.

I haven't been sleeping well either. Went to bed at 10, woke up at 12 and 4 and then 6:30. At 12 I couldn't get back to sleep so I sat up and started reading a new book for an hour. It sounds interesting and I hope I can keep interested in it. It's a true story and called Beethoven's Hair.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #2331  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Welcome back Jeanette even if you weren't "away." :rolleyes:

Welcome home Kelly! So glad that you had a fabulous time on your trip. You can have the snow. I'll be happy just seeing a little bit of it about ever 10 years or so. ;) I've been waiting until you got back to share some news - My DD told me the other day that my DGD has been accademically accepted to FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they will give her "really nice" scholarships. I think she has already sent them a video, but she has to do an on campus audition and interview I think. I'm not sure when that will be. But wouldn't that just be a hoot if your DD and my DGD both go to the same college for the same thing!
WOW! So proud of your DGD! That's wonderful! Where in FL does your dd (or dgd live? I forgot!) Wouldn't that be wild if the two performers were together!!! We'd sit together in the audience!! Chrissy was also accepted academically but sadly for her, it's only half the battle. Now to audition! I think hers is set for some time in March. She has 4 other schools to do the same thing for and I get confused easily! It won't be an easy decision to go anywhere else but financially speaking, if the numbers don't add up, she can't go :(

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #2332  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the warm welcome home, girls! It's HOT HOT HOT here - bleh! 85* yesterday. My friend called inviting us to the beach today but dd18 is home with the flu. She apparently brought back more than memories and good times from the mountains! :(
I think we'll be at the dr before the day's end.

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start to the New Year!

Here's me with BoBo! And one on the trail (I took about 60, on a horse, bouncing thru the mountains! How I didn't lose my phone was a miracle!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitledkelhoese.jpg (48.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg untitleds7.jpg (114.8 KB, 7 views)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #2333  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--Happy Friday and Happy start to 2015!!!!

We had a very nice New Year's Eve. The fondues were great and we did make it until midnight--though by 12:15, I think everyone was in bed! The dogs all got along well and so did their owners! We had a late breakfast yesterday and then watched the Badger game--and they won in overtime! Everyone left later in the afternoon and I continued to watch bowl games.

We are not going up north this weekend, so hanging at home is going to be the norm for the weekend. We are to get some interesting winter weather tomorrow morning--rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain, so it will be good to stay indoors!

I hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 04:19 AM   #2334  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

We took our DD to the airport yesterday. Now our house feels lonely.

Kelly, I loved hearing about your trip and seeing the photos, too. Fun!

Lynn, I giggled when I saw your New Years Even comment. Seriously, midnight is so low-key here at our house I wonder why I stay up. LOL!

Shelly, you party animal! 3:00! Wow! To answer your question - our DD is still considering what she'll do this summer. She's leaning toward working on a Master's degree at a college a little over an hour from our home. Of course, if she plans to go back to Alaska next year (undecided at this point) doing the master's this summer is a challenge - she has no car and no housing. So everything is kind of in limbo.

Maggie, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, and not sleeping well either. (((HUGS)))

Barb, I hope your relaxing weekend is enjoyable - but I'm sorry you're not able to go north and try out your new snowshoes!

Darlene, I need to clean up and organize my Cubbyhole (craft space) but have no time to do so. It's a MESS! I'm sure yours will be in shape very soon!

Maxine, how are you doing? Still enjoying the restored quiet of your home?

Waving to Kel, Kristie, hmmmmmm... who am I missing!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #2335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Saturday!

We have a couple of inches of snow on the ground and more "stuff" is heading our way. Maybe rain and who knows what else. Our temp is to be right at 32, so who knows.......................

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 AM   #2336  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
:(

WOW! So proud of your DGD! That's wonderful! Where in FL does your dd (or dgd live? I forgot!) Wouldn't that be wild if the two performers were together!!! We'd sit together in the audience!! Chrissy was also accepted academically but sadly for her, it's only half the battle. Now to audition! I think hers is set for some time in March. She has 4 other schools to do the same thing for and I get confused easily! It won't be an easy decision to go anywhere else but financially speaking, if the numbers don't add up, she can't go :(
That would be fabulous. Amanda still has to do on-campus audition also. Not sure when. She also has other schools to go to. I'm sure glad I'm not the one having to deal with all that. They live in Southern California, not Florida. If she gets accepted at FSU, it'll be something to have her a continent away from home. Of course, I'm in the middle, so won't be so bad for me to go visit her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #2337  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thanks for the warm welcome home, girls! It's HOT HOT HOT here - bleh! 85* yesterday. My friend called inviting us to the beach today but dd18 is home with the flu. She apparently brought back more than memories and good times from the mountains! :(
I think we'll be at the dr before the day's end.

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start to the New Year!

Here's me with BoBo! And one on the trail (I took about 60, on a horse, bouncing thru the mountains! How I didn't lose my phone was a miracle!)
You look great! TFS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #2338  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Afternoon--Happy Friday and Happy start to 2015!!!!

We had a very nice New Year's Eve. The fondues were great and we did make it until midnight--though by 12:15, I think everyone was in bed! The dogs all got along well and so did their owners! We had a late breakfast yesterday and then watched the Badger game--and they won in overtime! Everyone left later in the afternoon and I continued to watch bowl games.

We are not going up north this weekend, so hanging at home is going to be the norm for the weekend. We are to get some interesting winter weather tomorrow morning--rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain, so it will be good to stay indoors!

I hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!
Glad that you guys enjoyed you New Year's celebration. Sounds like icky weather so maybe good to stay at home.

I haven't been out of the house since Wednesday morning when I went to pick up my drugs. It's cold and rainy, but supposed to clear up by this afternoon. Unfortunately, I still have a spot on the right side of my throat that hurts when I swallow. I may be seeing the doctor on Monday if it doesn't clear up. I only have 1 more dose of my ZPac and thought it would be cleared up by now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #2339  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

We took our DD to the airport yesterday. Now our house feels lonely.

Kelly, I loved hearing about your trip and seeing the photos, too. Fun!

Lynn, I giggled when I saw your New Years Even comment. Seriously, midnight is so low-key here at our house I wonder why I stay up. LOL!

Shelly, you party animal! 3:00! Wow! To answer your question - our DD is still considering what she'll do this summer. She's leaning toward working on a Master's degree at a college a little over an hour from our home. Of course, if she plans to go back to Alaska next year (undecided at this point) doing the master's this summer is a challenge - she has no car and no housing. So everything is kind of in limbo.

Maggie, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, and not sleeping well either. (((HUGS)))

Barb, I hope your relaxing weekend is enjoyable - but I'm sorry you're not able to go north and try out your new snowshoes!

Darlene, I need to clean up and organize my Cubbyhole (craft space) but have no time to do so. It's a MESS! I'm sure yours will be in shape very soon!

Maxine, how are you doing? Still enjoying the restored quiet of your home?

Waving to Kel, Kristie, hmmmmmm... who am I missing!
It's good to know that your DD may be only 1 hour away coming the Summer.

Not feeling 100% yet, but I did sleep better last night. I think because I was more active yesterday. I did start working on my stamp room and it's really coming together quite nicely. Trying to organize and find a place for everything and taking some things out that I either don't want or don't need to store in my stamp room. It'll get boxed up and put in the garage. In February I need to get the garage cleaned up before the next heavy trash pickup.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #2340  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Heading to the beach today -- don't hate me ! It's ridiculously warm here (already) and I'd much rather have my beloved snow, but that's just not happening! I really need to move. I tried to talk to dh about moving to Tallahassee or at least North Florida (he could practice up there, lol) and he just looked at me 5 ways from Sunday! Guess that it out -- though I tried to throw in there that Chrissy would be right in town *grin!*

Okay, Jeanette - curiosity is peeked because I talked to my dd20 at length about yours! The possibility of not returning next year -- is that due to the job availability? Or just not what she thought it would be - change of heart? We actually picked up a paper while in TN for the want ads (dd INSISTS she will live and work in TN with the special needs/Appaliachian area) and there was literally no work :( It was heartbreaking for her and I told her we'll have to look at another route, another avenue. That whole area was just so depressed - not the people (otherwise dh would have a job, too!) but economically. We stayed in a cabin that was off the beaten path and in the woodland area but there were some on the way up and further up that were all for sale, as well as many of the homes.

Mags, I hope you feel better! You've sure had your fair share of the yuckies last year!
I am sure God will lead Amanda to the right school, right direction. My dd would LOVE to go to Cali! Somewhere close to LA to be closer what she wants to do She only applied to Florida schools though to use her 100% fully paid Fla Prepaid (We paid for our kids' colleges at birth) and it's highly advantageous to use it here in FL (otherwise out of state tuition would shrink that to about 1/4 of it's value). Plus, her #1 school was here in FL

I have pictures to share and they won't attach! I don't know why after two it says file not valid - they are the same as the first two? I'll try again later, maybe it was a glitch in the system.

I have ZERO desire to be crafty - I just can't get back into the swing on things since we've been gone. I even had a soul searching moment while away and realized this crafting thing is just getting harder to juggle with all the things I have coming up. I sadly had to leave two of my DT's which broke my heart - the decision was not easy, but I just can't commit when my family needs me now more than ever - this is a BUSY year ahead for us. Something had to give :{

So I hope you don't mind me hanging out with ya'll and just chillin while I make something here or there! ♥

Off to make the sammies to take with us and enjoy the sunshine - Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #2341  
Die Cut Diva

We should have all been heading to the beach with you yesterday Kelly!!!!! How fun! A little chilly here to put on the bikini though! LOL!

I don't see how you even have time to breathe much less craft! I really wouldn't worry about that part of your life at all right now. Yes, you're going to be super busy this year but just think how fun it's going to be too! I know you probably hated dropping the DT's but there will be more in your future I'm sure.

I'm back to playing nurse again! Shelly, I NEED you here!!!!!!!!! I have a very impatient patient it seems! He was throwing a toy for Rambo on Wednesday and hit his hand on the corner of the table. Thurs. morning he said it hurt a little and that was the end of it. Fri. morning he woke up and it looked like a basketball! Geeze!!!! They x-rayed it but it's so swollen they can't tell much. Said it probably was a hairline fracture and those are hard to pick up on the x-ray. They'll x-ray it again after the swelling goes down. Of course it's his right hand - so guess who is having to do everything for him! (Well, not everything!!!!!!!!!! LOL!) It's still really swollen but we're icing it and have it in a splint. Suppose to check back with the doctor tomorrow. I NEED you Shelly!!!!!!!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #2342  
Crimping Master

Happy New Year ladies!! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to check in. No particular reason why, just getting things cleaned up around the house and I finally got in my room the other night. It was the first time creating since before vacation.

Maggie - I hope you feel better soon!
Kelly - Glad you had a good vacation. I can understand stepping down from the DT's and crafting taking a back seat. I did that 5 years ago when we were buying/renovating/moving and then planning our wedding. There's only so many hours in a day! Love the selfie with the horse :-)
Darlene - So good to hear from you. Glad things are looking up and you are getting your house back in order.
Barb - I hope you are feeling much better by now. I still can't shake the cough and it's been a few weeks. It's definitely better but not gone yet.

Waving hi to Shelly, Jeanette, Kel, Lynn and Maxine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #2343  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post

I'm back to playing nurse again! Shelly, I NEED you here!!!!!!!!! I have a very impatient patient it seems! He was throwing a toy for Rambo on Wednesday and hit his hand on the corner of the table. Thurs. morning he said it hurt a little and that was the end of it. Fri. morning he woke up and it looked like a basketball! Geeze!!!! They x-rayed it but it's so swollen they can't tell much. Said it probably was a hairline fracture and those are hard to pick up on the x-ray. They'll x-ray it again after the swelling goes down. Of course it's his right hand - so guess who is having to do everything for him! (Well, not everything!!!!!!!!!! LOL!) It's still really swollen but we're icing it and have it in a splint. Suppose to check back with the doctor tomorrow. I NEED you Shelly!!!!!!!! LOL!
Oh that doesn't sound good!! I hope your DH's hand heals soon and that he doesn't drive you too crazy in the meantime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #2344  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh I'm going to take a page from Kristi's book and just get INTO the Cabana, lol - maybe, like you Kristie, I'll get something done since leaving for vacy! I just cant find the get up and get it done ............ soon! I have much to do!

Oh Lynn! That is terrible about your dh's hand and I hope the swelling goes down quickly and that the hairline isn't really one - and hope Rambo caught his toy after all that

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #2345  
Hardware Hotshot

Arghhhhh Lynn - that sounds not only painful for DH, but somewhat character building for you!!

We are enjoying a long spell of fine weather here - hot at night though, so not the best for sleeping. We are back to being 'proper' grandparents now with visits from family, not residents :-) Even the cat is pretty much back to normal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:06 AM   #2346  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my, Lynn... that injury sounds painful! I sure hope your patient is appreciative of you as you nurse him and wait on him. ;)

Kristie, it's good to see you.

Kelly, to answer your question - there are LOTS of openings every year in the bush of Alaska - especially for Special Ed - so my DD could definitely stay (either in her current school or another school/district). That being said, it's not the easiest of places to live and work. She deals daily with the struggles of loneliness. So we will see. I hope your DD finds the place where she wants to work and has a great experience when the time comes!

Maggie, I'm sorry you've been so sick. Any better now?

And Barb... are you feeling all better now?

Okay, Maxine, I want to come visit.... because it's just way too cold here for my likes!

Waving at Shelly, Kel, Darlene... and any others I've missed. I need to rush.... so much to do!

The next 4 days are going to be so busy here - I need to take down the forest (our Christmas decorations) as I'll be leaving on Friday for my first of three back-to-back trips. Plus we have a meeting at church for much of the day on Wednesday, and I must find time to squeeze in a haircut and buy some groceries for my guys who will be here at home, not to mention all the normal things like cooking, washing dishes, laundry, etc. AND I have some cards I must make and blog posts to put together for DT responsibilities. EEK! Not enough hours in my days!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:10 AM   #2347  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:11 AM   #2348  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am feeling better. My cough is pretty much gone and I am getting my energy back. I get to head to the craft room today--YAY!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #2349  
Crimping Master

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Barb!! Enjoy your time in the craft room.

I hope you are able to get everything done, Jeanette!! I was thinking to myself yesterday that I was having a hard time undecorating one tree and that maybe, just maybe, I was nuts for considering several trees next Christmas LOL. We'll see how I feel in 9-10 months :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #2350  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Mornin'!

Back to school routine for the kids - LATE!! Dh was supposed to take the older two kids and they all slept in! 5:45 am alarm went off and none got up, lol. We were all scrambling at 7, two bathrooms, 1 kitchen, lunches flying everywhere - a real Chevy Chase moment :lol:

Jeanette, I pray your daughter finds solace and the right decision! She will be a joy to whatever classroom she graces ♥

Off to the bank, library, book store, and grocery store (again!) to pick up things we forgot on Saturday

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #2351  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Heading to the beach today -- don't hate me ! It's ridiculously warm here (already) and I'd much rather have my beloved snow, but that's just not happening! I really need to move. I tried to talk to dh about moving to Tallahassee or at least North Florida (he could practice up there, lol) and he just looked at me 5 ways from Sunday! Guess that it out -- though I tried to throw in there that Chrissy would be right in town *grin!*

Okay, Jeanette - curiosity is peeked because I talked to my dd20 at length about yours! The possibility of not returning next year -- is that due to the job availability? Or just not what she thought it would be - change of heart? We actually picked up a paper while in TN for the want ads (dd INSISTS she will live and work in TN with the special needs/Appaliachian area) and there was literally no work :( It was heartbreaking for her and I told her we'll have to look at another route, another avenue. That whole area was just so depressed - not the people (otherwise dh would have a job, too!) but economically. We stayed in a cabin that was off the beaten path and in the woodland area but there were some on the way up and further up that were all for sale, as well as many of the homes.

Mags, I hope you feel better! You've sure had your fair share of the yuckies last year!
I am sure God will lead Amanda to the right school, right direction. My dd would LOVE to go to Cali! Somewhere close to LA to be closer what she wants to do She only applied to Florida schools though to use her 100% fully paid Fla Prepaid (We paid for our kids' colleges at birth) and it's highly advantageous to use it here in FL (otherwise out of state tuition would shrink that to about 1/4 of it's value). Plus, her #1 school was here in FL

I have pictures to share and they won't attach! I don't know why after two it says file not valid - they are the same as the first two? I'll try again later, maybe it was a glitch in the system.

I have ZERO desire to be crafty - I just can't get back into the swing on things since we've been gone. I even had a soul searching moment while away and realized this crafting thing is just getting harder to juggle with all the things I have coming up. I sadly had to leave two of my DT's which broke my heart - the decision was not easy, but I just can't commit when my family needs me now more than ever - this is a BUSY year ahead for us. Something had to give :{

So I hope you don't mind me hanging out with ya'll and just chillin while I make something here or there! ♥

Off to make the sammies to take with us and enjoy the sunshine - Hugs!
My other friend who lives in FL said it was 84 the other day! Here it's the opposite 48! ;)

Your DD still has a ways to go before she gets a job, so maybe there will be something for her when the time comes. Don't despair yet! ;)

You are always so busy with your family I don't know when you ever find time to craft. Hopefully you can work something in once in awhile if not on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #2352  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
We should have all been heading to the beach with you yesterday Kelly!!!!! How fun! A little chilly here to put on the bikini though! LOL!

I don't see how you even have time to breathe much less craft! I really wouldn't worry about that part of your life at all right now. Yes, you're going to be super busy this year but just think how fun it's going to be too! I know you probably hated dropping the DT's but there will be more in your future I'm sure.

OMG! Your poor DH. I hope it's going to be okay. LOL! Glad there are some things he can do with either hand. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #2353  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Arghhhhh Lynn - that sounds not only painful for DH, but somewhat character building for you!!

We are enjoying a long spell of fine weather here - hot at night though, so not the best for sleeping. We are back to being 'proper' grandparents now with visits from family, not residents :-) Even the cat is pretty much back to normal.
So glad you are enjoying nice weather Maxine. At least it's not raining here this week, but it is darn cold! Glad to hear kitty is doing fine now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #2354  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, character building is exactly what's going on.........that, and I'm going absolutely CRAZY!!!!!! I figure I'll be the patient before long - and probably is some type of looney facility! It's not good at all around here right now. Saw our primary doctor today and he looked at the xray and asked if they other doctor told us that not only was there possibly a hairline fracture BUT also severe arthritis AND a separated/torn ligament!!!!!!!!!! Geeze!!!!! He's giving it one week (in which I KNOW I'll be in the looney bin) and if it's not better then he goes to a hand specialist. I need a vacation!!!!

Jeanette, don't know how you get everything done that you do now. Upcoming trips sound nice but know you're busy.

Kelly, you're always busy! I can just see all of y'all rushing around in the mornings getting ready for school. No wonder you stop at Starbucks! LOL! Oh, I had my very first ever stop at Starbucks when I was at my daughters before Christmas. I won't even touch coffee but she talked me into getting some kind of peppermint cocoa or something. To be honest, I wasn't impressed! I know, I'm an outcast now! LOL!

Barb, glad you're feeling better - and you too Kristi! Maggie, are you feeling better now? I saw on your blog about the lozenges! Those must be magic!

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #2355  
Hardware Hotshot

Lynn - I know exactly how you feel - I look back and wonder how I coped with last year - we still have the fallout of DH's broken foot in the form of a very sore shoulder as a result of the use of the crutches, which is now being viewed as possible arthritis.... he is still having PT on it.

I also agree about Starbucks Lynn - the once I have been there I thought it highly over rated, so we are both exiles from the SB fan club on here :-).

Jeanette you have reminded me I need to get down the few decorations I have out...

Waving to you all from sunny down under :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #2356  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi ladies... I'm tired and sitting at my computer to rest. LOL!

I've made a lot of progress today, though... so that's good. Took down the decorations/trees in all three bedrooms and the foyer, most of the kitchen and front porch, and part of the living room. Whew!

Kristie, I hear you! I'm wondering why I have this many trees, too... tonight! But in 8-9 months I'll be anxious to get them all out again. ;)

Lynn, all three of these trips I'm going to are either training workshops or working meetings. There will be little time for fun. But I do love what I'm doing!!!

Kelly, thank you! My DD is leaning toward returning to Alaska next year, but no ready to decide for sure yet.

Barb, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Lynn, oh my! Did you really say THAT in Kelly's presence??????????????? Tee Hee!!! We'll say it's from the pressure of being a nurse and nearly in the looney bin. ;)

Maggie, it is so cold in much of our country. I'm considering - seriously - going on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic this summer, so I've put the weather for the DR on my phone already. I love it! It's in the 80's there... can I go now??????????

Waving at everyone else!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 04:16 AM   #2357  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts! I hope your day is going well so far!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 06:40 AM   #2358  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--it still is cold here in Wisconsin--minus temps over night and wind chills of -20 or more. Brrrrrrr. We did get another couple of inches of snow over night and with the sun shining, it looks nice out--and I say that from being inside!!!!!

I am heading to the craft room again today to work on a swap along with a couple of DT cards. AND-I hope you have a great day too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 06:42 AM   #2359  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh! OH! I want to play in Barb's craft room, too! (It is an AMAZING craft room!!!)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2015, 06:44 AM   #2360  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Jeanette--can you fire up your jet after you tire of putting away decorations......?

Reply With Quote Likes