Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Happy SONday, ya'll!

I hope everyone had a super weekend!!!

Darlene - hang in there, my friend -- it will be a lot of work in the next week, but you have the right people in your corner. I do hope that you are able to refinance and buy out the dh - one less stressor for both of you, no doubt.

WOOHOO - WTG Steph! That's great news, Shel! Did you run also - does she get that from you or dh? I did track and field in high school - I don't run anymore, just errands - LOL!

I CANNOT believe it is Sunday night and I haven't stopped all weekend! I am EXHAUSTED. Tomorrow will be my day of rest - kids go back to school and I have to catch up 'round here!

My daughter had her audition yesterday. I nearly threw up in the waiting area, I just am not cut out for this kind of stuff! She won't know til Tuesday night when results are posted. She did fairly well - not the best song choice, and her voice was shot from 3 days of her Chorus show. WHICH OMG< was the best ever!!!!!! Highly entertaining! She had a solo that blew me away! (she should have sang THAT for the open audition, lol!) The audition was basically a local star kind of competition - eventually you move on to different categories and compete for prizes and scholarship money. I have my fingers crossed but God's will be done

Have to prepare a blog post for tomorrow - so far behind there, too! Yikes!

Hugs for ALL!!
xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #162  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,297 Likes on 2,484 Posts

Hello SCS Friends--Happy Sunday Early Evening....................... Well, I'm sure some of your know that the Badgers did not win last night. It was a good game, but Kentucky was a much more athletic team. The Badgers lost by one point and it was a sad ending to a great season.

We went for a hike today and also bought some more seeds--a few packs of herbs. We have 7 trays of flowers and vegetables growing under the lights in the basement. We will move them out to the greenhouse in maybe two weeks--it just needs to warm up a bit more....................

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 AM   #163  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

WOO HOO! Congrats to Stephi! Shelly, I'm sure you are very proud of her!

Kelly, I'm glad you enjoyed the show... sorry the audition was so stressful for you though. Waiting for results is horrendous. (((HUGS)))

Darlene, you've making progress... one step at a time. Hang in there. Things will get better. Hugs and Prayers heading your way!

Waving at Lynn, Maggie, Barb, and all the other Stamp Addicts, too!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #164  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #165  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see from the title you are looking for one more person.....has this been filled? If not I would love to join!

Please let me know - thanks!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #166  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, I love your Garfield!

Hi Nancy... I'm not in charge... but I'm glad you're here. ;) I checked out your blog and loved what I was seeing. WOW! Especially liked the sky you created...

A snowy scene | Seaside Creativity

Pretty cool! Thanks for showing how you did that. I might need to CASE it, I hope you don't mind! (I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but couldn't figure out how to do that. I'm sorry!)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #167  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone!

It ended up being a busy, busy weekend for having no official plans! On Saturday I went to the post office to pick up a prize I won on Instagram from Two Peas in a Bucket. So cool - 54 sheets of paper from Simple Stories Homespun, A Charmed Life and DIY Boutique collections. Then we went for a ride to see DH's friend's new house and then to Sonic for lunch. It was warm enough to eat with the windows open - yay! I made two cards on Saturday night while watching my Red Sox lose to the Brewers.

Yesterday I did tons of cleaning around the house...it's amazing all the dirt you see once the natural light starts getting brighter LOL! My Mom was babysitting yesterday so she brought my nephew over for a bit and then it was more cleaning. DH and I went out for dinner at Chili's, after all that cleaning I didn't want the kitchen to get dirty and DH was tired from yardwork. Dinner and dessert were delicious! I made a card while watching the CMA awards and put stuff aside for a card I need to make tonight.

Kelly - I hope your DD gets her results soon!
Darlene - thanks for filling me in. I will keep you in my thoughts as you go through the process.
Shelly- Congrats to your DD on her win!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #168  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kristie, sounds like it WAS a busy weekend. I hope you enjoyed it.... well, except maybe the cleaning part. But isn't it nice to have a clean house?
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #169  
Die Cut Diva

Kristi, sounds like a busy weekend for sure - but nice to get all the cleaning out of the way. And besides, you get to eat out! Can't beat that!

Barb, sorry about the Badgers but they did play a good game! I'm getting ready for a "hike" to the front yard for more yard work today! Yikes!

Kelly, your daughter did great I'm sure so don't worry. If it's meant to be it will be so! Glad you're getting a day of rest.

Nancy, Shelly is in charge of the blog but I'm sure she'll be responding shortly. She may still be off on her jaunt to watch her daughter run. I did check out your blog and LOVE it!!! So many wonderful creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #170  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ~ all! Been all over town today taking 4 kids back and forth! Now I'm off again but hopefully it won't be too long for dd's truck to be fixed. I saw a puddle under it this am in the driveway so I have it in the shop and crossing my fingers it isn't anything bad!

THanks for the good thoughts on my daughter!

Hi Nancy - I'm in Miami! Nice to see another Floridian - that's usually rare on SCS, lol. I'm like the only one this far South!

Gotta get dd to work so I'm passing through - hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #171  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Happy SONday, ya'll!

I hope everyone had a super weekend!!!

I CANNOT believe it is Sunday night and I haven't stopped all weekend! I am EXHAUSTED. Tomorrow will be my day of rest - kids go back to school and I have to catch up 'round here!

My daughter had her audition yesterday. I nearly threw up in the waiting area, I just am not cut out for this kind of stuff! She won't know til Tuesday night when results are posted. She did fairly well - not the best song choice, and her voice was shot from 3 days of her Chorus show. WHICH OMG< was the best ever!!!!!! Highly entertaining! She had a solo that blew me away! (she should have sang THAT for the open audition, lol!) The audition was basically a local star kind of competition - eventually you move on to different categories and compete for prizes and scholarship money. I have my fingers crossed but God's will be done

Have to prepare a blog post for tomorrow - so far behind there, too! Yikes!

Hugs for ALL!!
xoxo
I hope you were able to get a little down time in today.

You are certainly NOT going to make a good show mom. :mrgreen: How does DD handle the stress of performing? Seems to me she takes it all in stride. Hope it all goes well and she makes it. Be waiting to hear tomorrow of the outcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #172  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
I see from the title you are looking for one more person.....has this been filled? If not I would love to join!

Please let me know - thanks!
Hi NancyK. We are looking for one more person. I, too, checked out your blog and your bio. Wow! One of the founders of Flourishes. Beautiful stamps over there. I do love your cards and your stories. I can relate to some of them. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #173  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi everyone!

It ended up being a busy, busy weekend for having no official plans! On Saturday I went to the post office to pick up a prize I won on Instagram from Two Peas in a Bucket. So cool - 54 sheets of paper from Simple Stories Homespun, A Charmed Life and DIY Boutique collections. Then we went for a ride to see DH's friend's new house and then to Sonic for lunch. It was warm enough to eat with the windows open - yay! I made two cards on Saturday night while watching my Red Sox lose to the Brewers.

Yesterday I did tons of cleaning around the house...it's amazing all the dirt you see once the natural light starts getting brighter LOL! My Mom was babysitting yesterday so she brought my nephew over for a bit and then it was more cleaning. DH and I went out for dinner at Chili's, after all that cleaning I didn't want the kitchen to get dirty and DH was tired from yardwork. Dinner and dessert were delicious! I made a card while watching the CMA awards and put stuff aside for a card I need to make tonight.

Kelly - I hope your DD gets her results soon!
Darlene - thanks for filling me in. I will keep you in my thoughts as you go through the process.
Shelly- Congrats to your DD on her win!
You sure did have a busy weekend. Glad you were able to get some card making in too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #174  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning ~ all! Been all over town today taking 4 kids back and forth! Now I'm off again but hopefully it won't be too long for dd's truck to be fixed. I saw a puddle under it this am in the driveway so I have it in the shop and crossing my fingers it isn't anything bad!

THanks for the good thoughts on my daughter!

Hi Nancy - I'm in Miami! Nice to see another Floridian - that's usually rare on SCS, lol. I'm like the only one this far South!

Gotta get dd to work so I'm passing through - hugs!

I thought you were going to have a rest/easy Monday with the kids back in school. LOL! No rest for the wicked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #175  
Quacker Stamper

I was like Kristie this past weekend.

This past weekend was our church's General Conference with is meetings on Saturday and Sunday which are broadcast from SLC all over the world. I was able to watch on TV rather than going to our meeting house. So in between watching that all weekend, I was able to get my errands done Saturday morning and started really cleaning. This time I started in my bedroom which I always leave for last. I actually cleaned baseboards. I did manage to get all the floors swept and mopped with my Shark including the bathrooms. Yes, it does feel good to have that done, except that I know that in a few weeks, it's going to need it all done again! :(

I was able to finish up my 2 DT cards so I could get them uploaded on the DT blogs yesterday. One of them really gave me a hard time trying to figure out what to do with it, but I finally put it all together and pretty much liked how it turned out.

Sunday evening I had friends over for dinner which turned out pretty good. I made a turkey meatloaf in my crockpot and had broccoli patties along with salad, whole new potatoes with butter, salad, and fruit. I got them each a slice of Turtle Cheesecake for dessert since I'm still not indulging.

Tomorrow night is our Book Group. We've been reading The Book Thief. I can't wait to see what the other ladies thought about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #176  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Tuesday morning here and we have a faint promise of some rain - here's hoping!!

Great to see you all have been and chatted and are as busy as ever -= Kelly do you ever slow down???

Lynn sounds as though you need rain as much as we do :-)

Love your blog Nancy - fabulous techniques and work!!

Kristie your house must be sparkling now and you can retreat to card making with a clear conscience :-)

Darlene the end of this phase of your life is in sight - you will soon be able to concentrate on healing, and your future :-) and I am sure Bijou and your cards will soon see the difference.

Maggie your garden sounds as though it will be stunning - our roses are still going, much to my amazement, and we are still picking tomatoes - unheard of at this time of year as by now we are usually too cold and wet for them to be growing.

Shelly you must be one proud Mama - what a great result for Stephi - hope the rest of your travels have gone safely.

Jeanette you have quite a busy week ahead, don't you?? Hope you get some down time.

We have had to be up and about early as the car needs a service and it was booked at the garage for 8:00 a.m. - oh what was I thinking!! I really didn't have an option as I need it this afternoon for class, and the Warrant of Fitness (compulsory here) is due to expire tomorrow.

Waving and saying hi to anyone I may have missed :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #177  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh what a treat - the two M's stopped in this evening! Hi Maxine! Hi Maggie!

Maxine, glad you got your card all fixed up, especially before it expires
No, I'm afraid I don't ever stop ! Today was an especially rough day, driving over 100 miles JUST AROUND TOWN - back and forth several times down the same streets (one 4 times!) They were not able to fix my daughter's truck and said we need to have it taken to a specialist at the dealer - eeek! (more like Cha-ching!)

Maggie, your dinner sounds like you are getting great choices! What is a broccoli patty? That sounds intriguing! I can't wait to see the card that gave you fits Though your work is fabulous. I have no doubt it turned out great!

I would be a TERRIBLE stage mama - manager, loL! I get SUPER nervous and have to fake it so my dd thinks I'm as cool as a cucumber! But on the inside I'm darn near hyperventilating!

YAY for Stampin UP arrivals! I just got an email that my big brown box is arriving tomorrow!!! (not that I will be home or anything, ROFL!)

Hugs!!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #178  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Tuesday morning here and we have a faint promise of some rain - here's hoping!!

Great to see you all have been and chatted and are as busy as ever -= Kelly do you ever slow down???

Lynn sounds as though you need rain as much as we do :-)

Love your blog Nancy - fabulous techniques and work!!

Kristie your house must be sparkling now and you can retreat to card making with a clear conscience :-)

Darlene the end of this phase of your life is in sight - you will soon be able to concentrate on healing, and your future :-) and I am sure Bijou and your cards will soon see the difference.

Maggie your garden sounds as though it will be stunning - our roses are still going, much to my amazement, and we are still picking tomatoes - unheard of at this time of year as by now we are usually too cold and wet for them to be growing.

Shelly you must be one proud Mama - what a great result for Stephi - hope the rest of your travels have gone safely.

Jeanette you have quite a busy week ahead, don't you?? Hope you get some down time.

We have had to be up and about early as the car needs a service and it was booked at the garage for 8:00 a.m. - oh what was I thinking!! I really didn't have an option as I need it this afternoon for class, and the Warrant of Fitness (compulsory here) is due to expire tomorrow.

Waving and saying hi to anyone I may have missed :-)
LOL! Thanks Maxine. I'll settle for presentable and pretty. Not sure it'll be stunning, but we'll see how it grows. ;) I do have roses that have stao put it in the groundrted to bloom. I'm glad since I cut them back a lot last month, so I think that it was good for them. With Knockout roses, we have flowers all through the year. That's fabulous that you still have tomatoes. There is nothing better than a home grown tomato! They have such flavor. I almost bought a plant the other day. I would just put it in a pot because I have no place to put it in the ground.

Well, I see on TV today that you have Royalty visiting over there - Prince George! Heard he is taking NZ by storm with his royal cuteness and mama and daddy are taking a back seat to all the fuss over him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #179  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh what a treat - the two M's stopped in this evening! Hi Maxine! Hi Maggie!

Maxine, glad you got your card all fixed up, especially before it expires
No, I'm afraid I don't ever stop ! Today was an especially rough day, driving over 100 miles JUST AROUND TOWN - back and forth several times down the same streets (one 4 times!) They were not able to fix my daughter's truck and said we need to have it taken to a specialist at the dealer - eeek! (more like Cha-ching!)

Maggie, your dinner sounds like you are getting great choices! What is a broccoli patty? That sounds intriguing! I can't wait to see the card that gave you fits Though your work is fabulous. I have no doubt it turned out great!

I would be a TERRIBLE stage mama - manager, loL! I get SUPER nervous and have to fake it so my dd thinks I'm as cool as a cucumber! But on the inside I'm darn near hyperventilating!

YAY for Stampin UP arrivals! I just got an email that my big brown box is arriving tomorrow!!! (not that I will be home or anything, ROFL!)

Hugs!!!
That makes 3 of us if you go by your SCS name - MiamiKel! :grin:

Sorry that you have to take the truck to a specialist. I hope it doesn't turn out to be costly, but sounds like it might.

I found the broccoli patties here - they are chopped broccoli, bread crumbs, 2 cheeses, eggs, onion, garlic and spices mixed together and formed into patties and then baked in the oven. Here is the link to the recipe. https://www.pomanmeals.com/cheesy-broccoli-patties/

LOL! I got my SU box on Saturday and the one thing that I was really waiting for is on Backorder! darn. :( It is supposed to be in and ship on April 11, so I hope it does. Mine was just a small box, but some fun goodies in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #180  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh those SU orders sound fun - I am trying to be good and not buy until Sept when there is a craft fair about an hour from here.

The car cost us nearly $300, and it has to go back Thursday for the service they forgot, and a repair that didn't need to be done for the Warrant...... more cha-ching's. :-(

We have just been watching a Monarch Butterfly that hatched this morning - beautiful creatures - it has just flown off to a nearby rose. I did get some photos though as it was flexing it's wings just before take-off! :-) Now I had better fo a catch and release a bumble bee that has flown inside....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #181  
Die Cut Diva

Another quick check-in......half time on the basketball game.

Y'all have really been chatty today! LOL!!!

Nancy, Shelly must not be back from her trip yet and I'm sure she'll holler as soon as she is. In the meantime, is there any way to follow or subscribe to your blog? It's fantastic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #182  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Another quick check-in......half time on the basketball game.

Y'all have really been chatty today! LOL!!!

Nancy, Shelly must not be back from her trip yet and I'm sure she'll holler as soon as she is. In the meantime, is there any way to follow or subscribe to your blog? It's fantastic!
Thanks so much for.the update. I'll work on putting a follow button on the blog tomorrow. I am watching my alma mater UCONN tonight!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #183  
Die Cut Diva

Great. We're watching the game too. Pretty good so far!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #184  
Hardware Hotshot

Have just got home from my class - I taught the no-line pin pricking - the butterfly card is the demo I used. The girls liked it and I gave them a choice of images and they all chose different ones, and the cards looked great.

I was also going to ask about a how to follow you Nancy - your work is fabulous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #185  
Hardware Hotshot

Is anybody taking over the responsibility of the monthly swap, or is that suspended until the group is 'closed' again??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 03:25 AM   #186  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 05:36 AM   #187  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday. This is true, for a few days at least........

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 05:54 AM   #188  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Barb! Love the springtime bling!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #189  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh those SU orders sound fun - I am trying to be good and not buy until Sept when there is a craft fair about an hour from here.

The car cost us nearly $300, and it has to go back Thursday for the service they forgot, and a repair that didn't need to be done for the Warrant...... more cha-ching's. :-(

We have just been watching a Monarch Butterfly that hatched this morning - beautiful creatures - it has just flown off to a nearby rose. I did get some photos though as it was flexing it's wings just before take-off! :-) Now I had better fo a catch and release a bumble bee that has flown inside....
Ugh! Sorry about the car repairs, but we need to keep them in good order so it doesn't cost more down the road (no pun intended :mrgreen

I planted a Milkweed yesterday especiallly for the Monarch caterpillers to use for their cocoons. I hope that it will grow and attract them to it. My sis and one of my DN's has a few Milkweeds and they get caterpillers and Monarch's all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #190  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thanks so much for.the update. I'll work on putting a follow button on the blog tomorrow. I am watching my alma mater UCONN tonight!
Congrats to the UConn men! Now if the UConn women can just do the job tonight it will be a clean sweep!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 06:13 AM   #191  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Have just got home from my class - I taught the no-line pin pricking - the butterfly card is the demo I used. The girls liked it and I gave them a choice of images and they all chose different ones, and the cards looked great.

I was also going to ask about a how to follow you Nancy - your work is fabulous!
I got around to all the blogs last night. Your butterfly was beautiful and the piercing was so exact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #192  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default I'm Back!

Hi Ladies- I am back in town! Some of you who are on FB know that we had an exciting time at the NIRCA College Club running Nationals. It was held at Indiana University on Saturday. Teams from all over come and it is an all day event. It starts out with a 1/2 marathon, then moves on to all of the other events.
Stephi won the 5000m event- she was out in 1st the entire run- it was very exciting! I think the entire girls team took 4th place overall. It was beautiful out- a tiny bit chilly without the sun ~ 50's, but was so nice to see GREEN grass and daffodils in bloom! That will happen here this week I think.
After the meet, we swung by my folks home in No. Ky and just stayed a little over 24 hours- it was a very nice visit- Sunday was Ray's B-day. so we had cupcakes and ate, and ate, and ate....... Of course, Ray will not gain a pound...... hehehe

Nancy- welcome! I am not 'in charge', we all work as a group, but am the one that edits the 1st page. We, as a group- try to stop in at minimum 2-3 x's a week to check in, try to keep a TOTW- Topic of the week up and a little something about what we have going on. Additionally, we strive to visit each others blogs a minimum of weekly to see what others are up to and give and receive encouragement and inspiration! I have the entire blog roll on the 1st page- thread one now (with you added)- and we are now a closed group again. We also have a monthly card exchange 1-4-1 exchange that is optional, and we were doing a Technique of the month- optional as well-that we would have a month to complete and post on the blogs. I found a follow button on the Lt side of the blog too- so should be following everyone. I did edit my sidebar, and now only have 6 SA names, so will have to go see what did I do! Aggggggrrrrrrr
Nancy- please tell us a little about yourself and feel free to jump right in! Love your coloring- love the pencil coloring and shading!

Maxine- mmmm tomatoes off the vine sound heavenly! One of my favorite parts of summer! And Roses too- I do not have the green thumb with them- my Mother does though....! Hope the car gets fixed and that you have no more issues! Plus- hope you get some rain!

Kelly- Today is the day you will find out about your daughters audition- will keep fingers crossed for good news! And, hope the car repairs are not too bad (aka costly). We do not do as much daily running around now with the kids gone, but driving to Michigan, Indiana, Colorado to see the kids for the weekends (and flying to Asia) adds up in a different way- all good though!

Barb- sorry about Wisc game- we were in Ky yesterday and they are sooooo into B-Ball- the buzz was all about the game- we had to listen to it in the car.....we had a little period of reception issues- 5-10 min at most- hubby was going a little crazy!!! Ohhh, you have a greenhouse! Cool!

Maggie- I will have to look up Milkweed- how fun is that to watch butterflies from cocoons! Glad you are getting your yard in order- that will be us in a month or so...... Mmmmm that recipe looks good. I have a huge bag of kale that is needing to be eaten.. that I need to figure out what we will do with it...

Kristi- I love Sonic- have only been to one a couple of times though..... they have these yummy slushy type drinks.....lemonade I think if my memory is serving me correctly.....

Waving Hi to everyone else! Gotta visit blogs and get laundry done and make a card : )

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 04-08-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #193  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Shelly and everyone else!! Thanks for adding me to the group. I've added you all to my blog roll so I can keep track of everyone. I took a peek today at all the blogs - what a creative group we have here!

I don't have a "follow" widget on my blog, but you can get me via the RSS feed button under my "social profile" section - the icon is right next to the facebook icon.

A little bit about me - I was born and raised in Connecticut, lived in California for many years. Worked as a budget/accounting manager. My husband and I now live in northwest Florida - just outside of Pensacola. I've been papercrafting for a long time - since the late 1990's and I love just about anything there is to do with it!
I teach copic classes from time to time (have 2 scheduled in May), but I don't like to neglect my other art tools. Recently I have been doing a lot of coloring with prisma pencils and yesterday got out my watercolors. So....my craft room is a mess.

We've got some wonderful weather down here - our small vegetable garden looks healthy - tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini along with some rosemary and cilantro.
I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to getting to know you all!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #194  
Crimping Master

Welcome Nancy! Where in CT were you raised? I have lived in New Haven my whole life...and on the same street LOL! My husband and I bought a house down the street from my mom and stepdad. I'll get you added to my blogroll and check out your work tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #195  
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, glad you're back and Stephi did wonderful!! Know you're proud of her - and probably just a wee bit tired from all the traveling. Sounded like fun though.

Kelly, still keeping my fingers crossed for you daughter!

Maxine, your butterfly card was tops! Very nice!!

Maggie, I always thought thistles were milkweed! Um.....if so, we have plenty of those out here. Bring on the butterflies! LOL!

Nancy, did the RSS feed so guess I'm following by My Yahoo now! Oh, and welcome once again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 03:50 AM   #196  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Woo Hoo! What fun to get to know you, Nancy! Thanks for sharing!

And Shelly's back... yay! (I love Sonic's Cherry Limeades! YUM!!!)

Lynn, you're popping in, too. Awesome!

Maggie, I always love seeing you here!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #197  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi Ladies- I am back in town! Some of you who are on FB know that we had an exciting time at the NIRCA College Club running Nationals. It was held at Indiana University on Saturday. Teams from all over come and it is an all day event. It starts out with a 1/2 marathon, then moves on to all of the other events.
Stephi won the 5000m event- she was out in 1st the entire run- it was very exciting! I think the entire girls team took 4th place overall. It was beautiful out- a tiny bit chilly without the sun ~ 50's, but was so nice to see GREEN grass and daffodils in bloom! That will happen here this week I think.
After the meet, we swung by my folks home in No. Ky and just stayed a little over 24 hours- it was a very nice visit- Sunday was Ray's B-day. so we had cupcakes and ate, and ate, and ate....... Of course, Ray will not gain a pound...... hehehe

Nancy- welcome! I am not 'in charge', we all work as a group, but am the one that edits the 1st page. We, as a group- try to stop in at minimum 2-3 x's a week to check in, try to keep a TOTW- Topic of the week up and a little something about what we have going on. Additionally, we strive to visit each others blogs a minimum of weekly to see what others are up to and give and receive encouragement and inspiration! I have the entire blog roll on the 1st page- thread one now (with you added)- and we are now a closed group again. We also have a monthly card exchange 1-4-1 exchange that is optional, and we were doing a Technique of the month- optional as well-that we would have a month to complete and post on the blogs. I found a follow button on the Lt side of the blog too- so should be following everyone. I did edit my sidebar, and now only have 6 SA names, so will have to go see what did I do! Aggggggrrrrrrr
Nancy- please tell us a little about yourself and feel free to jump right in! Love your coloring- love the pencil coloring and shading!

Maxine- mmmm tomatoes off the vine sound heavenly! One of my favorite parts of summer! And Roses too- I do not have the green thumb with them- my Mother does though....! Hope the car gets fixed and that you have no more issues! Plus- hope you get some rain!

Kelly- Today is the day you will find out about your daughters audition- will keep fingers crossed for good news! And, hope the car repairs are not too bad (aka costly). We do not do as much daily running around now with the kids gone, but driving to Michigan, Indiana, Colorado to see the kids for the weekends (and flying to Asia) adds up in a different way- all good though!

Barb- sorry about Wisc game- we were in Ky yesterday and they are sooooo into B-Ball- the buzz was all about the game- we had to listen to it in the car.....we had a little period of reception issues- 5-10 min at most- hubby was going a little crazy!!! Ohhh, you have a greenhouse! Cool!

Maggie- I will have to look up Milkweed- how fun is that to watch butterflies from cocoons! Glad you are getting your yard in order- that will be us in a month or so...... Mmmmm that recipe looks good. I have a huge bag of kale that is needing to be eaten.. that I need to figure out what we will do with it...

Kristi- I love Sonic- have only been to one a couple of times though..... they have these yummy slushy type drinks.....lemonade I think if my memory is serving me correctly.....

Waving Hi to everyone else! Gotta visit blogs and get laundry done and make a card : )

Shelly
So happy for Stephi for her solo win and the team. With the issues that they had, 4th place was pretty good.

I think having the yard in order is an ongoing ordeal. It's never done. Always something that I want to change up. I'd sure like to have it all planted and not have to worry about it anymore. Up North you can plant bulbs and they come back every year and you don't have to do anything except maybe separate them out every few years, but here, even with perennials, you might lose some during the winter like I did this past year and have to replant the following year. I hope the Milkweed does attract the butterflies. It really is cool to see them when I've been at my sis's house and she has had some just coming out of their chrysalis.

Have you ever tried to make baked Kale chips?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 05:54 AM   #198  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Shelly and everyone else!! Thanks for adding me to the group. I've added you all to my blog roll so I can keep track of everyone. I took a peek today at all the blogs - what a creative group we have here!

I don't have a "follow" widget on my blog, but you can get me via the RSS feed button under my "social profile" section - the icon is right next to the facebook icon.

A little bit about me - I was born and raised in Connecticut, lived in California for many years. Worked as a budget/accounting manager. My husband and I now live in northwest Florida - just outside of Pensacola. I've been papercrafting for a long time - since the late 1990's and I love just about anything there is to do with it!
I teach copic classes from time to time (have 2 scheduled in May), but I don't like to neglect my other art tools. Recently I have been doing a lot of coloring with prisma pencils and yesterday got out my watercolors. So....my craft room is a mess.

We've got some wonderful weather down here - our small vegetable garden looks healthy - tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini along with some rosemary and cilantro.
I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome again Nancy. I've added you to my blog roll and that is what I use to get around and visit everyone which I usually do on Mondays.

I'd love to teach a Copic class. How did you get started with that? I have all those other coloring mediums too, but I inevitably reach for my markers when I want to color. Maybe if I had more time, then I'd be more inclined to take more time to do other things. LOL! My craft room is always a mess!

Rosemary is the only spice/herb that I have growing. It does tend to take over. I had to really cut it back this year and it really could use another cut. Do you ever cut it and dry it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 05:54 AM   #199  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Shelly, glad you're back and Stephi did wonderful!! Know you're proud of her - and probably just a wee bit tired from all the traveling. Sounded like fun though.

Kelly, still keeping my fingers crossed for you daughter!

Maxine, your butterfly card was tops! Very nice!!

Maggie, I always thought thistles were milkweed! Um.....if so, we have plenty of those out here. Bring on the butterflies! LOL!

Nancy, did the RSS feed so guess I'm following by My Yahoo now! Oh, and welcome once again.
There is a plant called a Milk Thistle. I don't think it's the same thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 06:48 AM   #200  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is a sunny Wednesday, temps to be in the mid 60's and I found the camel! It cannot be better than that!

Reply With Quote Likes