Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #81  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably why we are so disappointed is because we were robbed of the chance to tell our customers before the rumor mills started churning. We were privately given a heads up to help us prepare, and yes I had hoped for a miracle and different outcome - true, but things went wild here and Mischelle was forced into a timing of some of your's choosing and not hers.

This morning I notified my customers and am so thankful for the time I had being an Angel. Nine years!! Thank you Mischelle for everything!! Thank you too to all the kind folks here who actually helped me get started, become a better stamper (seriously should see some of my earlier work :shock, and have had kind words for all us. You can't imagine how much we need them! Thanks to my wonderful customers and downlines as well...and the other Angels who've sadly I've gotten to know really well just now. Keep on stamping...
Attached Thumbnails
The Angel Company closing?-beinganangel.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #82  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampersView Post
Thank you too to all the kind folks here who actually helped me get started, become a better stamper (seriously should see some of my earlier work :shock, and have had kind words for all us. You can't imagine how much we need them!

I love that picture.. The above made me smile. It's fun to look at those first uploads and see how far you've come. It's all beautiful, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #83  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmbutlerView Post
Where has someone on this thread not felt badly that TAC has closed?? This closing affected many people and not just the owner. Just because someone points that out that is not lacking compassion or being negative. We have really gone nuts with the PC stuff, folks.
The only comment I was referring to I guess is where someone said they left the company because of the way announcements to demos were handled in the PAST. I remember all the drama of what seemed like impulsive decisions through the years, but stuck with them. Nobody likes change, so yes a lot of demos were very frustrated. That's ALL I meant by that statement. Sorry if you took it personal, lol. Not a big deal.

I know Mischelle and her family and employees are all grieving right now. It's like when a loved one dies, you go through a grieving process. So sad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #84  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenCarterView Post
I feel so sorry for all of my Angel friends!! I was no longer with TAC but I made many friends during my time with them. I am so grateful for those friendships!! I wish all of you only the best and can't wait to see what new adventures you all have waiting before you!
That touched my heart Jen. Thank you. I wish I knew what my new adventure was going to be. You brought tears to my eyes, but the good kind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMBlessed5View Post
The only comment I was referring to I guess is where someone said they left the company because of the way announcements to demos were handled in the PAST. I remember all the drama of what seemed like impulsive decisions through the years, but stuck with them. Nobody likes change, so yes a lot of demos were very frustrated. That's ALL I meant by that statement. Sorry if you took it personal, lol. Not a big deal.

I know Mischelle and her family and employees are all grieving right now. It's like when a loved one dies, you go through a grieving process. So sad!
Hi Vicki I wasn't referring to your post. Earlier in this thread some were making it out to sound like TAC 'did this' to their demonstrators. The fact is, Mischelle told the demonstrators what was going on after she had exhausted all options and even considered ending her marriage to save her company (her words not mine). Knowing her and hearing this I am sure surprised many of us. She said she wanted us to know but that the general public should NOT know because as soon as it became public, the bank would freeze everything meaning no more orders going out, no more checks being mailed, no more TAC. Someone or someones took it upon themselves to share that news and it spread quickly over the internet and forced her to announce it publicly thus halting all operations. So if anyone wants to lay blame to how it went down, find the person(s) that thought it a good idea to share that information. :???:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #86  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I would be devastated. I'm so sorry, ladies. : (
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #87  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was saddened to hear this news also. It sounds like Michelle didn't really have a choice in how things ended... in way that may seem abrupt to all of us.

It could have been worse, like other former companies whom I won't mention by name :( who held "closing sales" and then stiffed consultants and their customers out of money and never fulfilled the orders they accepted, and never offered any further communication.

At least hopefully this way, TAC Angels were able to collect their last commission checks.

Wishing all the best to Michelle & her family, and the entire "Angel" family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #88  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by love5523View Post
I was saddened to hear this news also. It sounds like Michelle didn't really have a choice in how things ended... in way that may seem abrupt to all of us.

It could have been worse, like other former companies whom I won't mention by name :( who held "closing sales" and then stiffed consultants and their customers out of money and never fulfilled the orders they accepted, and never offered any further communication.

At least hopefully this way, TAC Angels were able to collect their last commission checks.

Wishing all the best to Michelle & her family, and the entire "Angel" family.
Years ago, I was part of Scrap in a Snap...it went down in flames much like the companies you are describing. They didn't pay commissions, they charged credit cards for product that was never sent. There were rumors of yard sales and outlet mall stores where the same product that was never sent to customers was being sold...In stark contrast, Mischelle has handled herself and the closing of TAC honorably and gracefully in every way. It makes it all so much easier to see the captain behave in such a bold and honest manor. Really bittersweet. Her (in some ways our dream) dream is fading rapidly, but her grace abounds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #89  
Rubber Obsessor

Well if this isn't a punch in the gut, I'm a new(er) Angel; signed up in late January this year. Just LAST WEEK, I received my new catty along with the supplement and was charged $17.65 on my credit card for a catalog that, now I can't order from!! That's not right, I don't care who you are. Not to mention, as a new(er) Angel, I've invested A LOT of money to get my business started...for what now?? I've paid up front for a year of my online store so my out of town customers can order. I've paid for so many supplies, etc.

While I totally realize and appreciate the economy (and really, I AM sympathetic) and such, I don't appreciate the way this was handled on the demonstrator end. Though we are not 'employees' of such, we were the oil in the machine.

OH, and to add to this, I've been TRYING to log into my Angelnet account and have not been able to so as you can see, this was all news to me when I came home from vacation only to see the announcement on the front page of TAC's site. I, as an Angel, had not been contacted any other way through snail mail, email or phone call. THIS is how I found out. I've emailed them, called them, etc. but to no avail, no return communication. I have a very highly probable recruit and of course, here I sit with my new catalog with a bunch of stickie tabs that will surmount to nothing.

Like I said, I'm totally sympathetic to small companies in this terrible economy but I think everyone must realize, this didn't just affect Michelle and those in the building but also all of us who use this to make money to put food on our tables.

Sorry if that seems a bit crass but geeze, ya know!? :( :( :( :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #90  
Pearl-ExPert

I just want to say to the TAC demos - I am so so sorry for your loss! As an SU! demo, I know how much my company (and everything that goes with being a demo for a company) means to me and cannot imagine what you are going through. I hope that you continue creating and/or find a new home in a new company to continue growing and learning! It sounds so silly but I'd never thought about what would happen if SU! went out of business and I'm almost in tears trying to imagine what that would feel like and how you must feel now. If you'd have told me about this situation before I became a demo I wouldn't have got it and now I feel the only words I have are "I am so so sorry" again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #91  
Rubber Obsessor

Now their website reads this: "Maintenance

We apologize for the inconvenience, but The Angel Company's Paper Crafting Community is currently undergoing maintenance."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie1224View Post
Hi Vicki I wasn't referring to your post. Earlier in this thread some were making it out to sound like TAC 'did this' to their demonstrators. The fact is, Mischelle told the demonstrators what was going on after she had exhausted all options and even considered ending her marriage to save her company (her words not mine). Knowing her and hearing this I am sure surprised many of us. She said she wanted us to know but that the general public should NOT know because as soon as it became public, the bank would freeze everything meaning no more orders going out, no more checks being mailed, no more TAC. Someone or someones took it upon themselves to share that news and it spread quickly over the internet and forced her to announce it publicly thus halting all operations. So if anyone wants to lay blame to how it went down, find the person(s) that thought it a good idea to share that information. :???:
Very well said.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #93  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbe492View Post
I just want to say to the TAC demos - I am so so sorry for your loss! As an SU! demo, I know how much my company (and everything that goes with being a demo for a company) means to me and cannot imagine what you are going through. I hope that you continue creating and/or find a new home in a new company to continue growing and learning! It sounds so silly but I'd never thought about what would happen if SU! went out of business and I'm almost in tears trying to imagine what that would feel like and how you must feel now. If you'd have told me about this situation before I became a demo I wouldn't have got it and now I feel the only words I have are "I am so so sorry" again!
Thank you Sarah. Your sympathy touched me. Don't ever let fear of pain or disappointment or even loss hold you back from something you love. Even in the loss of this huge and satisfying part of my life I take comfort in the fact that there is something else out there I am equipped and destined to do. I needed to be here in order to get there. By contrast times of hurt make the sweet times seem even sweeter. I guess I needed that reminder...maybe someone else does too. So I share my thoughts...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisaView Post
Thank you Sarah. Your sympathy touched me. Don't ever let fear of pain or disappointment or even loss hold you back from something you love. Even in the loss of this huge and satisfying part of my life I take comfort in the fact that there is something else out there I am equipped and destined to do. I needed to be here in order to get there. By contrast times of hurt make the sweet times seem even sweeter. I guess I needed that reminder...maybe someone else does too. So I share my thoughts...
Amen!

Right now I'm trying to filter my somewhat bitterness into being bittersweet. Like my husband always says to me, 'if that's the worst that has happened to you today, you're doing well' and as my son who is a Soldier has often told me, 'Mom, you're not getting shot at or IED'd so Soldier up!'. Um, yea. How do you argue with those??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #95  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Sarah,

Thanks so much for the kind words for all of us TAC demos - it is a grieving process for sure.

Rita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #96  
Hardware Hotshot

As sad and depressed as some are about the closing of TAC, in time you may find it is the best change that happened in your life

33 years ago I worked as a waitress in a 5 star restaurant . I "LOVED" my job
Then I had a devastating back injury and could never again do the job I loved so much. I cried myself to sleep every night. How would I support myself and my 3 kids?

I went to an Employment Agency and they placed me with the Phone Company in their advertising department. I had never worked in an office and it was a massive adjustment for me.
I was also young and did not think about the fact I would need a 401K and retirement plan. Even the best restaurants didn't have 401K plans

The job supported me and my 3 children and helped me save for my retirement .

I worked there for 30 years and retired from the company with adequate money to support my retirement. You can't live just on Social Security

The back injury forced me in a direction I would never have considered and turned out to be the best thing that could have happened.

Things look dark right now, but in time it may force you in a different direction that you never considered and turn out to be blessing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #97  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoastieCreationsView Post
Well if this isn't a punch in the gut, I'm a new(er) Angel; signed up in late January this year. Just LAST WEEK, I received my new catty along with the supplement and was charged $17.65 on my credit card for a catalog that, now I can't order from!! That's not right, I don't care who you are. Not to mention, as a new(er) Angel, I've invested A LOT of money to get my business started...for what now?? I've paid up front for a year of my online store so my out of town customers can order. I've paid for so many supplies, etc.

While I totally realize and appreciate the economy (and really, I AM sympathetic) and such, I don't appreciate the way this was handled on the demonstrator end. Though we are not 'employees' of such, we were the oil in the machine.

OH, and to add to this, I've been TRYING to log into my Angelnet account and have not been able to so as you can see, this was all news to me when I came home from vacation only to see the announcement on the front page of TAC's site. I, as an Angel, had not been contacted any other way through snail mail, email or phone call. THIS is how I found out. I've emailed them, called them, etc. but to no avail, no return communication. I have a very highly probable recruit and of course, here I sit with my new catalog with a bunch of stickie tabs that will surmount to nothing.

Like I said, I'm totally sympathetic to small companies in this terrible economy but I think everyone must realize, this didn't just affect Michelle and those in the building but also all of us who use this to make money to put food on our tables.

I agree. You don't just abandon your demos and ignore their emails and phonecalls. Many demos have so much invested in their businesses that this is devastating to them too. At least the owner had time to prepare for the closing of the company. If she agonized over the decision, she knew it was coming. The demos didn't. So wrong. So sad. I hope you can recoup at least some of your money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #98  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You have every reason to feel angry! Anyone would be . I am so sorry for your emotional and financial pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Before everyone jumps here lets take a step back....Many of us are devastated and are handling things in different ways...Please as Angels don't jump all over this new Angel....Her feelings are valid to her and we should respect that. I was a demo for ten years and have gone thru a RANGE of emotions, Shock,denial,fear pain, betrayal ...Hopefully soon I will move on and remember the GREAT things I got to do and see.All of the awesome friends I met....Lets just be there for each other and support all the feelings that are going on.....No matter what I'll always be an "Angel" my tattoo says so...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxiegalView Post
Consultants were asked to NOT make this information public until the company made a formal public announcement at the end of the month. How unfortunate that some consultants cannot respect the wishes of Mischelle Smith in this trying time for her and her family.
Don't you think it would be VERY difficult for a consultant(s) not to tell anyone when they have customers wanting to make purchases and can't? What would you tell your customer? Lie to them? (Oh, there must be a problem with the website, I'll look into it for you.) (Ummmm, I don't know, I'll call you back tomorrow after I think of a good lie, cover story). ??? That's a lot of pressure to put on a person. Maybe it wasn't even a consultant who spilled the beans originally. Or a consultant who didn't know it wasn't public information.

I'm sorry that the owner and her family (I don't know them) are having to make this sad transistion in their life, but that was wrong to ask people to keep "your secret" from others and put straight-forward, honest people in such a tricky position.

If you don't want something to be made public in the world today then you better keep it to yourself. Or make the announcement to everyone at the same time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisaView Post
Marisa - You have an INCREDIBLE attitude! Way to see the positive through the negative event you've gone through! More people like you in the world would make it a better place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #102  
Kookie Creator

I am so sorry for all the Angels and customers out there that are going through this. I was never a customer but I recently saw their new catalog and was really impressed with the lovely images and how they have updated their look since I last saw it.

(((HUGS))) to you all and I wish the best for you.
My A Muse Studio Webstore Senior Associate #1114
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #103  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I'm Impressed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
As sad and depressed as some are about the closing of TAC, in time you may find it is the best change that happened in your life

33 years ago I worked as a waitress in a 5 star restaurant . I "LOVED" my job
Then I had a devastating back injury and could never again do the job I loved so much. I cried myself to sleep every night. How would I support myself and my 3 kids?

I went to an Employment Agency and they placed me with the Phone Company in their advertising department. I had never worked in an office and it was a massive adjustment for me.
I was also young and did not think about the fact I would need a 401K and retirement plan. Even the best restaurants didn't have 401K plans

The job supported me and my 3 children and helped me save for my retirement .

I worked there for 30 years and retired from the company with adequate money to support my retirement. You can't live just on Social Security

The back injury forced me in a direction I would never have considered and turned out to be the best thing that could have happened.

Things look dark right now, but in time it may force you in a different direction that you never considered and turn out to be blessing.

Wow! Now that is amazing! They say most people have an average of 11 jobs in their lifetime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #104  
Polyshrink Goddess

None of us will ever know all of the details surrounding why The Angel Company was shut down; all we know is it is no longer here. We can only second guess why. We can only say what should have been done. We can say how we would have done it differently. But, in reality, we don't know the details so how can we really say they should have done something different than what they did.

The Angel Company was not perfect by any means. But I suspect anyone who is in direct sales has a gripe or two with their company. And if you are an employee with either a small or large company, the same thing. There is no such thing as perfection. Everyone thinks they know the answer to whatever is bugging them, and the answer is always that someone else has to change and do something different than what was actually done. There certainly were things that I wasn't happy about with The Angel Company too - sometimes those things got changed and sometimes they didn't. But there were also a lot of things that I did like about the company. And, in hindsight, I certainly wished I would have dwelled more on the positive (note to self: give the good stuff more attention in the future).

The realities and legalities of running a business though do dictate what you can and can't do. The Angel Company is not the first company by any means that has shut their doors without notifying customers, employees, distributors, vendors, designers, shareholders, and the like. Many times it just can't be done because of legal rules, laws, and the such that must be followed. (I lost almost $1,000 in travel vouchers when SunCountry went into bankruptcy a few years ago. I was never given notification so that I could do something about it. There were no way to get that resolved. So why would I think a small, family owned business would have options that aren't option to large corporation?)

As demos, we have been all over the place emotionally. And will continue to be over all the place emotionally for awhile. It is a loss and all of us are dealing with it in our own way and with the support of family, friends, and fellow Angels. And for those of you who are empathic to our situation here on SCS, we thank you.

I also know that a number of us have been contacted via email (nothing via SplitCoast) with recruiting information and invitations to join their team. That started within 2 -3 hours of the official notice of the shutdown. That, in my opinion, is just not right (please note, my feelings about this are much stronger than "just not right"). However, I and others did get a huge laugh when Mischelle (the owner and CEO of TAC) tweeted this afternoon that she got a recruitment email from some demo wanting to know if she wanted to join her team!!! Now that gave a lot of us a big laugh!! What or what was that demonstrator thinking??

Anyways, thanks for listening. Take a deep breath. Figure out what you have to be thankful for today. Stay positive. Take another deep breath. And tell those whom who care most about, that you care about them.

Rita W
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #105  
Stampin' Fool

I am so sorry for all the demos and TAC customers, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you affected by this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #106  
Stazon Splitcoast

(((((Rita))))) I loved having you for an upline. I dont do SU anymore either now that I have my own webstore. We never know what the future will hold but I hope yours is all good.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #107  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:

Marisa - You have an INCREDIBLE attitude! Way to see the positive through the negative event you've gone through! More people like you in the world would make it a better place!

Risa has always had a Awesome attitude!!! I got to meet her a while back at a Scrapbook Expo in St. Charles. Along with some other Demo's.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
(((((Rita))))) I loved having you for an upline. I dont do SU anymore either now that I have my own webstore. We never know what the future will hold but I hope yours is all good.
blessings.
Thanks!! It was a grand time! I'll got check out your website!

Rita W
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
blessings.
Hey, maybe you can buy up all her left over inventory and sell it in your store!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #110  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sending my thoughts and sympathies from Australia to TAC, Angels and TAC customers. I can only imagine the shock and the difficult time you are all going through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #111  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers go to all of the Angels and the owner/employees. Over these last couple years, I have seen so many wonderful LSS and online stores closing, I'm sad to learn that we will lose another great company.

Even though I am a consultant for another company, it never stopped me from buying from other companies, direct sales or not. I thought TAC made some wonderful designs and will miss them. I'm glad that I accumulated TAC stamps when I could.

Stamping is my passion (let's be honest....addiction). I have been inspired by many of you who have been generous to share your creativity in the galleries, blogs, etc. Even though our stamping community has suffered losses, I hope to continue supporting as best as I can.

{{{HUGS}}} to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #112  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp2stamp2View Post
None of us will ever know all of the details surrounding why The Angel Company was shut down; all we know is it is no longer here. We can only second guess why. We can only say what should have been done. We can say how we would have done it differently. But, in reality, we don't know the details so how can we really say they should have done something different than what they did.

The Angel Company was not perfect by any means. But I suspect anyone who is in direct sales has a gripe or two with their company. And if you are an employee with either a small or large company, the same thing. There is no such thing as perfection. Everyone thinks they know the answer to whatever is bugging them, and the answer is always that someone else has to change and do something different than what was actually done. There certainly were things that I wasn't happy about with The Angel Company too - sometimes those things got changed and sometimes they didn't. But there were also a lot of things that I did like about the company. And, in hindsight, I certainly wished I would have dwelled more on the positive (note to self: give the good stuff more attention in the future).

The realities and legalities of running a business though do dictate what you can and can't do. The Angel Company is not the first company by any means that has shut their doors without notifying customers, employees, distributors, vendors, designers, shareholders, and the like. Many times it just can't be done because of legal rules, laws, and the such that must be followed. (I lost almost $1,000 in travel vouchers when SunCountry went into bankruptcy a few years ago. I was never given notification so that I could do something about it. There were no way to get that resolved. So why would I think a small, family owned business would have options that aren't option to large corporation?)

As demos, we have been all over the place emotionally. And will continue to be over all the place emotionally for awhile. It is a loss and all of us are dealing with it in our own way and with the support of family, friends, and fellow Angels. And for those of you who are empathic to our situation here on SCS, we thank you.

I also know that a number of us have been contacted via email (nothing via SplitCoast) with recruiting information and invitations to join their team. That started within 2 -3 hours of the official notice of the shutdown. That, in my opinion, is just not right (please note, my feelings about this are much stronger than "just not right"). However, I and others did get a huge laugh when Mischelle (the owner and CEO of TAC) tweeted this afternoon that she got a recruitment email from some demo wanting to know if she wanted to join her team!!! Now that gave a lot of us a big laugh!! What or what was that demonstrator thinking??

Anyways, thanks for listening. Take a deep breath. Figure out what you have to be thankful for today. Stay positive. Take another deep breath. And tell those whom who care most about, that you care about them.

Rita W

Thank You Rita for putting into words what so many of us are feeling.... And thank you also to the kind and understanding people that have offered support and well wishes here on SCS. We will get through this and life does go on....And most of us are better for having TAC as a part of our lives....

And as we all know - Stamping is great therapy.....we just might need a little more of it for a while... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #113  
Rubber Obsessor

Well said, Rita!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #114  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp2stamp2View Post

Rita W
To put your positive spin on the recruiting situation:

I'm sure that demonstrator who contacted Mischelle was thinking, 'wow here's a talented gal who loves to stamp, maybe she'd like to continue doing it on my team!'

I think it is a little strange to start contacting strangers about joining your team, but if I knew someone who sold TAC and was devastated by the loss I'd be so happy to welcome her into another team of demos (probably not discussing it with her the day of the announcement). Many of the TAC Angels commented about the great people they'd met - I agree, that is my most favorite thing about SU! - so I'd like to get someone back into a realm where they could continue to meet fun, new stampers! I'm always about making a new friend!

I've seen so many positive attitudes from you gals in this circumstance so I thought I'd just shed a bit of positive light on this as well! People know your talent and passion just by the fact that you were Angels so they tried to snatch you up!

Again, I think this situation is a bit tacky but it did make me smile to think about Mischelle getting asked to demo for another company. Can you imagine what she must've been thinking? If she is half as positive as most of the Angels I've seen here, I bet she laughed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #115  
Matboard Maniac

Default Totally Agree

Quote:

You stated my point exactly. And BTW, I first saw the post on SU's forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #116  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsinghView Post
Well said, Rita!
I agree!! Well said!! Rita, I enjoyed having you as my upline for the time I was a TAC angel! I haven't been active for the past year, I was making my purchases thru Nancy, but we are all very sad over this news. TAC was a wonderful company, with a great product! I wish you, and all demonstrators the best, in whatever life brings your way!! God Bless you all!! Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #117  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

To put your positive spin on the recruiting situation:

I'm sure that demonstrator who contacted Mischelle was thinking, 'wow here's a talented gal who loves to stamp, maybe she'd like to continue doing it on my team!'

I think it is a little strange to start contacting strangers about joining your team, but if I knew someone who sold TAC and was devastated by the loss I'd be so happy to welcome her into another team of demos (probably not discussing it with her the day of the announcement). Many of the TAC Angels commented about the great people they'd met - I agree, that is my most favorite thing about SU! - so I'd like to get someone back into a realm where they could continue to meet fun, new stampers! I'm always about making a new friend!

I've seen so many positive attitudes from you gals in this circumstance so I thought I'd just shed a bit of positive light on this as well! People know your talent and passion just by the fact that you were Angels so they tried to snatch you up!

Again, I think this situation is a bit tacky but it did make me smile to think about Mischelle getting asked to demo for another company. Can you imagine what she must've been thinking? If she is half as positive as most of the Angels I've seen here, I bet she laughed!
Just adding to the positive spin, if you were working for a large company that suddently closed shop and you found yourself suddenly unemployed, I would think that you would be flattered/relieved/thrilled to have a former competitor approach you to offer you a job.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #118  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPINGODDESSView Post
Just adding to the positive spin, if you were working for a large company that suddently closed shop and you found yourself suddenly unemployed, I would think that you would be flattered/relieved/thrilled to have a former competitor approach you to offer you a job.

1. It's like that old saying: Is the glass half empty or half full?
If you're a half empty person you will take things in a negative manner and assume people have selfish intentions, like an ambulance chasing lawyer.

If you're a half full person you will assume that the person is trying to be helpful and ease your burden.

2. Loss of a Pet.
Some people can't even think about replacing their precious baby and if you mention it they look at you like you're heartless and crazy.

Some people will be at the pound within three days because they have so much love to give they want to rescue another baby right away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #119  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts

I just wanted to say "thank you" to all of you wonderful Angels who have worked so hard to inspire us! I enjoyed my time as an Angel a number of years ago, and I only hung up my wings when I started my Day Planner business, but I've been so inspired by all of you and encouraged by your friendships and in love with your stamps that I actually had considered signing up again, but just didn't think the timing was right. I'm sure the Lord had a reason for that now. I am so sorry for Mischelle and her family - and for each of you as well. As a small business owner myself, I can imagine the range of emotions that each of you will go through on your way to your "new normal". I hope that each of us, angels or not, will continue to make Mischelle's dream a reality - not just a stamp company, but her emphasis on the fact that "we have been blessed to be a blessing". Come to think of it, what an amazing legacy she left us in the last catalog. It is full of fun holidays to remember others on, card club ideas for sharing our lives with others, and the encouragement to "adopt" children to make cards for. I know I'll be keeping this catalog for future reference!!

I love you all and I'm praying for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #120  
Rubber Obsessor

StampingGoddess, you say kind words, as do all of you who are trying to lift our broken wings back up. Thank you all. Thank you to those who private messaged me. I totally appreciate it and it shows what great and special group of people you are; even though we don't personally know each other.

The problem now is, while yes, I have thought about transitioning to go with a competitor 'of the like' type stamping workshop business, it just isn't feasible. We live in a small town and there already is a SU demonstrator in our area. She is also a good friend of mine and I know she wouldn't do that to me.

I guess this just forces me to focus on my other business venture. Yes, the glass if half full.

Again, thank you all for your uplifting words and appreciation of what we, Angels, are going through with our emotions. Love to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes