Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #1361  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,085 Likes on 864 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Thanks Maggie! I agree that it is good to know that they will be reunited! A few years back my same friend lost her 47 yr old sister to colon cancer. All I could think of during the service was that the daughter would be there welcoming her mother home. Definitely a lot of comfort in that thought. The service was beautiful and all of her grandkids spoke and one even sang. Just a beautiful send off.

On a crafty note, I did print more pics for this 50th album and have spent a lot of this afternoon moving forward on it. Yeah! So many memories come back when going thru pics for this type of album. Boy was my hair high off my head in the late 80's early 90's. LOL With the pics almost printed and organized, album picked out I am starting on the embellishments. Had a few done but I am really starting to see some of it come together. I am doing an 8X8 album. To save some time I printed some pics at 8X8. I will not need to embellish those, only add a journal tag to the pic.

Hope all is good with you. I also am working on a Halloween card that I hope to post this week. My hubby is out of town until late Thurs night and then leaves again early Sun. morning for a week. A lot of travel for him this year. We miss him but if he did not travel we would have to move. My family lives here and I would hate to move. Take care-Brenda
Sounds like a very lovely service for your friend's mom. That is sad that she has also lost her sister to that terrible disease.

LOL! Big hair. I remember that - all puffed up and we would use hairpieces to add even more to it. Glad that you're enjoying that walk down memory lane.

Sorry that DH is gone so much, but I'm glad that it gives you time to be creative. I can relate to not living close to family. Luckily I have a DD and family here but I sure do miss the one in CA. I don't ever want to move.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #1362  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreativechickView Post
Hi Ladies!

Brenda, I am so sorry to hear of your friend's Mom. Losing someone is never easy and sometimes being a friend to someone that's lost someone, is even harder. She is lucky to have you in her life.

Maggie, I don't know how I keep track of them either! Flying Lessons is with Kelly Rae Roberts. She is an amazing artist and someone whom I have looked up to for years and years.

So happy my Monday is over. Those are so tough with Nana coming off a weekend and getting back into the routine of the week. Anyway....hope you all have a wonderfully amazing day today!
She does have an awesome website. I can see what you are enthralled with her work. Enjoy flying!

I was a little sad to see Monday end since that meant the boss would be back at the office today, but at least he is in a mediation all day so he only makes sporadic appearances. We have another mediation tomorrow and on Thursday, so it should be a good week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #1363  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2View Post
Poppin' on really quick to say HELLO! Just got internet back but they're still working on it! BBL....hopefully :-D
Yeah for Internet service. We were having issues with ours yesterday at work and when I came in this morning, it was completely down! That is NOT good. We do so much working through the Internet for one thing or another not to mention How was I supposed to keep up with all my peeps! It finally got back up again about 9:30, and has been okay all day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #1364  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni BView Post
Hello hello ...just say how are all of you?? and I just put an update on my blog...hoping to add some pics from my grand daughters 1 B day party
Brenda you might want to see those pics when I get them up ...

hope all of you are great I am chilly...woke up to 44 degrees today and only at 60 now... Brrr
Your card is so gorgeous! Love all the sparkle!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #1365  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning! Still having sporadic service.....all they keep saying is they're working in our area so there may be some interuptions. Well, it's pretty annoying & I'll be glad when they're done!

I'll get caught up with the blogs when I can. Each time i sit here to do that; the internet is down :-(

BBL.....
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #1366  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! Thanks so much for the kind words re: my friends mom. What is up with the internet? We have had issues at my office the last two days. My poor boss looks a bit worn out by it all. Still hoping to post my Halloween card this week. Crazy hectic with hubby away. He gets in tomorrow night late & leaves very early again Sun. morn. I completely forgot he is back tomorrow night. All I can think of is that he is basically gone two weeks (home only two full days of it). Poor guy said see you late tomorrow night and I was confused for a minute. LOL he said remember I fly home for two days. LOL All I could think of for tomorrow was working & my daughters concert tomorrow night. Still not sure how we will get to the concert on time. LOL Talk with you all soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #1367  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

LOL! That's funny Brenda that you forgot your DH was coming home. Hope he makes it to the concert.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #1368  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi everyone! Trying to catch up on posts.

Brenda, so sorry about your friend loss in ther mom.

I hope everyone's Internet is up and running again.

Michelle, that sounds like a great class! I hope you can learn a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #1369  
Mini Quack

I did get a quick card added to my blog today...still in hopes of birthday pictures up soon... I will have my sweet girl later tonight and will not take her home until Sunday... So that update will not happen probably til after that...
I hope you all have a great weekend...I will make my rounds as my sweet girl sleeps... we have way too much fun to not play when she is awake... ;)

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #1370  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Hiya Beautiful Ladies!

I've just updated my blog. I've been super busy with the Brave Girls Art School. Today another course started and tomorrow 2 more. Not sure I'll be able to keep up with them all but it's all good.

Kelly.....I'm taking Flying Lessons with Kelly Rae Roberts!!!!!!!!!! Super excited about that! Can you tell?

I'm off to do some visiting to your blogs and leave some love. Hope you all had a great weekend and I'll talk check in here in a few days.

Hugs!
LOL I'd have never guessed but I can understand why. I looked at some of her items at the truck stop last weekend. Decided I'd rather put that much $$ into one of her books and learn to use my own wings. ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #1371  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hello Everyone! I just visited all of your blogs and you all have beautiful things posted!! I enjoy our group so much!! I am just finishing up a difficult week/weekend. One of my dear friend's mother passed away last Sunday. Though she has been ill these last few months it is still very sad and we all miss her. The week was hectic with baking, grocery shopping for the service (I was in charge of food for the luncheon after the service), out of town house guests, etc. My company left this morning. I went from the airport directly to the craft store for some cheering up! I hope to be working on the 50th bday album tomorrow. Will I ever finish it??? LOL I also hope to post on my blog tomorrow. I hope that you are all having a great day!! Take care.
Hey sweetie, sorry about your friend's loss. It sounds as if it was a great loss for you as well. Glad you could be there for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #1372  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies. I'll be back on track by Monday. Our trip to OK went very well. It was fun for Bob to surprise his baby brother (okay, so Dean is over 40 not so much a baby hehe) However, sleeping in a house that was way too warm for the muscles in my back plus the drive in the Saturn ION which I have no support in at all, I was in agony by Monday morning and wound up getting a massage on Tuesday (of course that was a 4 hr drive round trip but I drove in my very comfy truck). We wound up staying in Springfield Tuesday night so I could take my time shopping. That was nice. The back is better and work is stacked up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #1373  
Stazon Splitcoast

Brenda, I can speak from experience about having hubby gone. Bob is gone 3 weeks and home 3 weeks. We've done this for 7 years. Thankfully I'm pretty independent or we'd go nuts! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 03:58 AM   #1374  
Rubber Obsessor

Happy Saturday Ladies!

I am having so much fun with all these courses I'm taking! Today, I'm playing in the studio all day and a friend is coming over in the afternoon to play too. Super happy about that and that I hung big industrial lights over the workbench. Not sure but my eyes are failing me lately. I did just go to the eye doctor too and even got new contacts! Geeesh!

Happy to see all of you here and checking in. I've been blogging sort of more regularly now and using this Have any of you used it and have you gotten good results? I'm going to try it for a month and see what happens.

I've also decided to open myself up a bit more on my blog and be more personal. I got some personal messages about being more personal and how it helps people connect with you. Soooo...those two things combined...we'll see what happens.

Hope you all have time to be creative over the weekend. I'm off to visit your blogs and see what you've been up to.

Michelle Hill Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:02 AM   #1375  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Hey ladies. I'll be back on track by Monday. Our trip to OK went very well. It was fun for Bob to surprise his baby brother (okay, so Dean is over 40 not so much a baby hehe) However, sleeping in a house that was way too warm for the muscles in my back plus the drive in the Saturn ION which I have no support in at all, I was in agony by Monday morning and wound up getting a massage on Tuesday (of course that was a 4 hr drive round trip but I drove in my very comfy truck). We wound up staying in Springfield Tuesday night so I could take my time shopping. That was nice. The back is better and work is stacked up.
Glad that your back is doing better. There is nothing worse than back pain. Work is piled up...now that's a really good thing in this economy!

Michelle Hill Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #1376  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I did get a quick card added to my blog today...still in hopes of birthday pictures up soon... I will have my sweet girl later tonight and will not take her home until Sunday... So that update will not happen probably til after that...
I hope you all have a great weekend...I will make my rounds as my sweet girl sleeps... we have way too much fun to not play when she is awake... ;)
Soni, I so know how you feel about playtime when they are awake. When I have Kayla, it's as though the world stops and it's just her and I on the Merry-go-Round. Enjoy those precious moments!

Michelle Hill Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #1377  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers. Happy Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #1378  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Great job on your card Soni. Enjoy your weekend with little Sweetness! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #1379  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Glad that you had an enjoyable visit with your BIL & SIL even if it meant a sore back. Sometimes family visits are worth the discomfort. I need to call my GF for another massage. My left upper shoulder is always giving me problems. Good luck getting a handle on all that work.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #1380  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy Saturday Ladies!

I am having so much fun with all these courses I'm taking! Today, I'm playing in the studio all day and a friend is coming over in the afternoon to play too. Super happy about that and that I hung big industrial lights over the workbench. Not sure but my eyes are failing me lately. I did just go to the eye doctor too and even got new contacts! Geeesh!

Happy to see all of you here and checking in. I've been blogging sort of more regularly now and using this Have any of you used it and have you gotten good results? I'm going to try it for a month and see what happens.

I've also decided to open myself up a bit more on my blog and be more personal. I got some personal messages about being more personal and how it helps people connect with you. Soooo...those two things combined...we'll see what happens.

Hope you all have time to be creative over the weekend. I'm off to visit your blogs and see what you've been up to.
Have fun in your happy room today. You are always up to your elbows in different crafting mediums. ;) I hear you about the eyesight. Sometimes those little areas are hard to see.

I've never heard of that "Ping" How does that work?

I try to add a little personal touch to my blog comments on my cards when I"m posting. I usually can because I'm making it for someone, so I'll tell a little about that. People do seem to make comments about what I say, so maybe that does help.

I've got the kids coming for dinner tomorrow night. I spent most of last night straightening up the house, dusting, organizing so today I just need to do the floors. Still have laundry and grocery shopping to do. Need to figure out what to make for dinner tomorrow. I'm leaning toward baked meatballs and baked spaghetti. I haven't made it in a long time and it is really good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #1381  
Stampin' Fool

Heart sorry I havent been on much

Its wonderful to read all of y'alls posts that i missed lately. good to know how everyone is doing . brenda ,sorry to hear about your friends mom . Im glad you can be there for her . you're right sometimes it is hard to be there and share their grief with your own for the loss . michele flying lessons sounds like fun . Kelly glad to hear you and ur DH have it worked out so you dont have to move . Moving is the pits and worse as we get older. i was a navy brat and we moved ALOT. my hatred of moving has been earned . I visited all of you and left some love . hopefully i will be able to keep up better.

Last edited by ibalady12; 09-22-2012 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #1382  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 518 Likes on 362 Posts

Hi ladies!

High jacking for a moment!

Jackie please tell me how to put the catty link on my blog!

I am on my knees with my lip sticking out begging! HELP ME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #1383  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Everyone!

I did a cute Halloween Punkin' Head and posted on my blog. She's kind of cute and you've gotta check out her sweet little heels.

Thank you all for leaving me love. Always makes me happy to see your comments! Hope you are all ready for a new week.

Michelle Hill Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #1384  
Pearl-ExPert

Hello Everyone! Thanks again for the kind words re: my friends loss. She is hanging in there and keeping busy. I am doing better now and getting ready for my Disneyland trip. SUPER excited!! Just my daughter and I are going. We plan on attending Mickey's trick or treat party and also doing the Happiest Haunts Tour. TOTAL Disney Magic ahead for me. We leave Thurs night after work and return Monday. I CANNOT WAIT!!! We have our costumes all planned for the trick or treat party. We have 50's girl costumes already from a previous year so we are using them again. I actually have a Minnie Mouse dress (no surprise there right?) that I would LOVE to wear. BUT, the fabric itches and I am going for comfort. LOL Sooooooooo if I am missing for awhile I am in Disneyland. I will try to pop back by here before my trip. If not "See Ya Real Soon"!! Have I mentioned that I cannot wait to go!! (Oh Hubby made it home for his two days and he is off again. Travel will slow down for a few weeks which is good. We miss him when he is away. I agree Kelly about having to be independent to have a traveling man for a hubby. It is also good I have hobbies and family in town with me. They really help a lot. Take care everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #1385  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Back from a trip with DH so I'm seriously behind....will check in again later :-D
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #1386  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello Everyone! Thanks again for the kind words re: my friends loss. She is hanging in there and keeping busy. I am doing better now and getting ready for my Disneyland trip. SUPER excited!! Just my daughter and I are going. We plan on attending Mickey's trick or treat party and also doing the Happiest Haunts Tour. TOTAL Disney Magic ahead for me. We leave Thurs night after work and return Monday. I CANNOT WAIT!!! We have our costumes all planned for the trick or treat party. We have 50's girl costumes already from a previous year so we are using them again. I actually have a Minnie Mouse dress (no surprise there right?) that I would LOVE to wear. BUT, the fabric itches and I am going for comfort. LOL Sooooooooo if I am missing for awhile I am in Disneyland. I will try to pop back by here before my trip. If not "See Ya Real Soon"!! Have I mentioned that I cannot wait to go!! (Oh Hubby made it home for his two days and he is off again. Travel will slow down for a few weeks which is good. We miss him when he is away. I agree Kelly about having to be independent to have a traveling man for a hubby. It is also good I have hobbies and family in town with me. They really help a lot. Take care everyone!
Sounds like a really fun and fabulous weekend coming up for you and your DD. I know you'll have a great time being in the happiest place in the world. I can't wait to see pictures of the trip, so you better take plenty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #1387  
Quacker Stamper

Stopped by a few blogs this morning and left you comments. You're all doing fabulous things.

I was up way too late last night. I'm giving a presentation at church on Siunday, so I started writing my paper and then had to do a blog post. I was almost finished with it and hit the wrong button and lost it all. :( I had to start all over again and redo the whole thing. You know how long it takes to do a blog post. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #1388  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls

Bob is gone and I'm back to work. I'll try to get around to everyone's blogs between raindrops and thunderstorms this week. We're to be clear again by Saturday.
I did get a card up yesterday and need to have another up in the morning. Gelatos tute (one of them) will go up Thursday, weather permitting. Otherwise it will run on Saturday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #1389  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Kelly, thanks for the idea to journal around the edges. Didn't even think of that!

I also can't figure out how to reply to a comment. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #1390  
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have an amazing day. Can't wait to see your tutorial on the Gelatos.

Brenda, your trip sounds like a total blast. I'm sure you are going to have fun! Too bad about your dress. I wonder if there would be a way to wear an undergarment so it wouldn't be so picky. I'm with you though...comfort is more important I suppose than looking all cute like.

Jackie, happy to see you checking in here with us. Hopefully, your internet is running smoothly.

Maggie...what is your talk on at church? I've done a few and have had such a great sense of community afterwards. I have missed my church community since moving too far from my parish. And I can't see to find another that even comes close.

I'm off to visit everyone's blog. Again, thank you all for leaving me comments on my posts. I really do appreciate your support and love.

Have a great day!

Michelle Hill Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #1391  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Kelly, thanks for the idea to journal around the edges. Didn't even think of that!

I also can't figure out how to reply to a comment. :confused:
Under the person's comment there are 2 buttons; one says Reply, one says Delete. You just click on the Reply button and post your reply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #1392  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have an amazing day. Can't wait to see your tutorial on the Gelatos.

Brenda, your trip sounds like a total blast. I'm sure you are going to have fun! Too bad about your dress. I wonder if there would be a way to wear an undergarment so it wouldn't be so picky. I'm with you though...comfort is more important I suppose than looking all cute like.

Jackie, happy to see you checking in here with us. Hopefully, your internet is running smoothly.

Maggie...what is your talk on at church? I've done a few and have had such a great sense of community afterwards. I have missed my church community since moving too far from my parish. And I can't see to find another that even comes close.

I'm off to visit everyone's blog. Again, thank you all for leaving me comments on my posts. I really do appreciate your support and love.

Have a great day!
We are having a discussion with the adults on Family Preparedness, and my part of the presentation is Food Storage. The basics of getting started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #1393  
Quacker Stamper

Quiet day here at the office. The other 3 I work with are off for Yom Kippur (Jewish Holiday). Which means I really need to get cracking and get some of this filing under control. My younger boss cleaned out his office the last couple of days, and you can imagine where that all ends up. Yep, my office. Need to get it all sorted, organized, and closed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #1394  
Rubber Obsessor

Are any of you in another group with Tess? If you are, could you please ask her if she wants to participate with our group. I want to clean up our list some more and want to make sure I'm keeping people that want to be a part of our happy little family here.

Michelle Hill Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #1395  

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,

Can I join?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #1396  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Are any of you in another group with Tess? If you are, could you please ask her if she wants to participate with our group. I want to clean up our list some more and want to make sure I'm keeping people that want to be a part of our happy little family here.
I'm not in a group with her Michelle, but I just looked at her blog and she doesn't have the group listed on her sidebars, so I would think that she's not participating anymore. It's been months since she's posted here on the thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #1397  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijoView Post
Can I join?
Hi vikkijo! Would love to have you as one of our group. I sure hope you are doing better these days. At least you're back to stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #1398  

No, still can not stamp. I can color! Possibly need surgery on my neck.

So exactly what do I do?
Keep my blog updated and go visit blogs and comment?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #1399  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijoView Post
No, still can not stamp. I can color! Possibly need surgery on my neck.

So exactly what do I do?
Keep my blog updated and go visit blogs and comment?
So sorry to hear that your are still having to deal with all this. I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel.

Can you print off digital stamps and make a card that way with coloring rather than having to stamp?

I'm sure Michelle will be popping on soon and she can add you to the blog list. One of the people listed hasn't been around for months and doesn't have us listed on her blog, so I'm figuring she's not taking part anymore. Well, it's good if you can post on your blog since you want others to come visit your blog and leave comments, and yes, we'd love you to come visit us and leave comments.

I"m sure Kelly and Soni will be happy to have you here also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #1400  
Pearl-ExPert

Whoo Hoo I leave for Disneyland tomorrow! Just thought I would pop by and say hi & bye to you gals. Have a fabulous weekend!! I will be riding the rides and eating everything shaped like Mickey. I return Monday night so I will probably be popping by here & posting on my blog Tues or Wed. Take care everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes