Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #2561  
Forum Fanatic

Received 164 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Mary, hope you're feeling better.

So sad about the high school girl.

Aislinn & Emma are spending the night Sat. This is the first time since Aislinn was diagnosed with diabetes. I'm looking forward to it but a little nervous. She's great with everything, does her own blood sugar & knows how to put info into her pump. She only needs help with figuring out how many carbs. My DS & DIL are only 15 min. away. I'm going to try not to worry & just enjoy the girls.
I'm sure everything will be just fine, have fun whatever you all do!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #2562  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaxView Post
I just got word that my 91 year old mom is in the hospital in FL. She was having lunch with friends today when she began having severe chest pains, was sweaty and dizzy. Someone gave her an aspirin to chew and called 911. She is being observed and monitored in CCU. Of course, the nurses do not have her PoA in the unit yet (it is on file at the hospital but has to be found and brought up to the unit) so they really can't/won't tell me much...
Oh no Jeaneen, I'm so sorry! I hope you are able to get some news very soon and that she is going to be ok. I will keep her in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #2563  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ladies...does anyone know if a time was set for the Meade Gift Exchange on December 3rd?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #2564  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Heart

Good morning Stampers! How many of you have made a card this week? Angie, I am working on time/place with Amanda so once we get that settled we will get the word out. Paula, you will do fine with GD as she seems really on top of it and you will have her as your coach. Amazing how adaptable kids are, isn't it? Mary sciatica is really painful. I landed at the hospital a couple of years ago with it and couldn't even walk. Very painful. Very sad about the young lady and makes for a rough time for family and friends too. It's always scary when teens are driving. You just never know what will come up. Jeaneen, hope your mom is okay. Are you going to Florida? Everyone is having a rough time right now. Is it the odd numbered year or just the stress of the year? On an up note, I have made a card (or two) and am feeling happy with clean and simple! Hope everyone's aches and pains and fears and scares all go away and the sun comes out. The week-end is just around the corner and it is Browine Thursday.........alas, no brownies! Cindy, you know I will come looking for you so I am glad you checked in. Hugs to all and here if you need me or I can help in some way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #2565  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperpawsView Post
Wow, those are awesome! I think I missed a post or something. Why did you do these cards for the shop?
I make cards for her shop to display and these ones are for the gift cards. I make cards for her when she goes to the conventions. She wants me to make some for the web site when she starts to sell her stamps on line. Not sure how it started but here I am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #2566  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I just got word that my 91 year old mom is in the hospital in FL. She was having lunch with friends today when she began having severe chest pains, was sweaty and dizzy. Someone gave her an aspirin to chew and called 911. She is being observed and monitored in CCU. Of course, the nurses do not have her PoA in the unit yet (it is on file at the hospital but has to be found and brought up to the unit) so they really can't/won't tell me much...
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Praying that all goes well and she is out in no time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:18 AM   #2567  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,547 Likes on 1,518 Posts
Smile

Quote:

So very sorry, sending much love, hugs and prayers your way. <3
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #2568  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just got a call from someone who was in my Sunday School class many, many years ago. We have remained close over the years. She is now a mom with two children. Sadly she called in need of some comfort because her best friend who also a mom of a five year old, committed suicide. There are no words and my heart hurts for everyone.
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #2569  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by caterinafmigView Post
Just got a call from someone who was in my Sunday School class many, many years ago. We have remained close over the years. She is now a mom with two children. Sadly she called in need of some comfort because her best friend who also a mom of a five year old, committed suicide. There are no words and my heart hurts for everyone.
Oh my goodness, it is so sad to hear when something like that happens. You are right Catrina, there are no words to express the profound sadness and emptiness that your friend must be feeling over the loss of her best friend. I have had several friends take their own lives over the years and you always wonder if somehow it could have been prevented. It must be terrible to be in such despair that you would leave a small child. My heart goes out to everyone that this has impacted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 AM   #2570  
Gabfest Goddess

So glad it's Thursday! The week is almost over. Thank goodness for that.

Booked the boy's B-day party today. We are doing 1 party this year. Their B-days are two weeks apart...in-between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Poor kids! I'm allowing them to invite their classmates and n/hood friends. Hope it works and they get equal attendees....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #2571  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Oh my goodness, it is so sad to hear when something like that happens. You are right Catrina, there are no words to express the profound sadness and emptiness that your friend must be feeling over the loss of her best friend. I have had several friends take their own lives over the years and you always wonder if somehow it could have been prevented. It must be terrible to be in such despair that you would leave a small child. My heart goes out to everyone that this has impacted.
Thanks, Kathi, how terrible to have had friends who took their lives. My friend feels like there was something she could have done to prevent this horrible tragedy and tried to comfort her. My heart so goes out to that sweet little baby girl who will grow up with this. My stepchildren had the same thing happen to their mom several years ago and it continues to have an impact on their lives today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #2572  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon girls!

Mary, sure hope you start feeling better soon with your knees and other aches. Can't have you in pain in case you want to hop on your bike this weekend.

Amanda, if the boys don't even out, Jane and I can come and balance it out for ya. Just so we don't have to crawl thru tubes or do the moon bounce thing, right Jane?? LOL

Jeaneen, Jenny is very nice and covered all sorts of stuff. I survived the first one and feel good. Was a low dose and will be for the next 2 weeks, so hopefully no side effects to deal with yet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #2573  
Stazon Splitcoast

Angie, did you wind up getting your mums at the Amish place near Barbara or somewhere else? Glad you and Denise had a good time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #2574  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Jeaneen, so sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she is feeling better today and you've been able to get some news.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #2575  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Mary, hope you're feeling better.

So sad about the high school girl.

Aislinn & Emma are spending the night Sat. This is the first time since Aislinn was diagnosed with diabetes. I'm looking forward to it but a little nervous. She's great with everything, does her own blood sugar & knows how to put info into her pump. She only needs help with figuring out how many carbs. My DS & DIL are only 15 min. away. I'm going to try not to worry & just enjoy the girls.

I'm sure you'll do fine. You've got the right prespective - don't worry about it and enjoy them. That's the most important part of it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #2576  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathi, thanks for the pretty card!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #2577  
Pearl-ExPert

Jeaneen, sorry your Mom is sick and hope she recovers soon.
Paula, enjoy the girls. I know you will.
Caterina, so sorry for your friend. Suicide doesnt make a lot of sense usually and Im not sure if there is anything anyone can do to prevent it unless they know about it and most people dont threaten it, they just do it. Very sad.
Mary, hope you are feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #2578  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks Cindy! The metal image of you and Jane bouncing made me LOL.

How is the Shop Hop going?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #2579  
Gabfest Goddess

Thinking about selling off my copics. Gasp! Shock! I know.....I just don't like them as much as watercoloring. Hate that they're just sitting there collecting dust.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #2580  
Gabfest Goddess

Look candy does grow on trees! This is cute...but I'm way to lazy. This looks like work.

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge - No Designer Paper by Gingerbeary8 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #2581  
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

I'm in line for the Copics! I will not, however, bounce....um.........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #2582  
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Cindy, glad your meeting went well on Wednesday. Good vibrations and big smiles coming your way. We need to lift one another up. It has been a rough year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #2583  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Angie, did you wind up getting your mums at the Amish place near Barbara or somewhere else? Glad you and Denise had a good time.
Yes....but first when we left Barbara's, we went down to see the covered bridge. Then we went back to the place up the street for the mums and got 3 HUGE mums for $10.00! Denise only needed 2, so I got the other one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #2584  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
I WANNA BOUNCE!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #2585  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm right behind Jane for the Copics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #2586  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Stampers! Made any cards today? I would love to see some cards posted. Need to post my Christmas cards! Angie, you can bounce in my place if Cindy promises to behave. Mary, how are you feeling? I hope it's getting all better. It's F~R~I~D~A~Y~ YAAAAYYYYYY! I don't know about anyone else but the buckets of water that came down last night along with all the noise kept me awake and the traffic this week seems to have been extremely heavy so I am really pleased to see this day. Hope everyone has a great week-end. Want to see your cards posted! I will try to post some tomorrow!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 AM   #2587  
Gabfest Goddess

You've seen all the cards I've made lately. Not many, but I did enjoy making them. It reminded me that I do like stamping! I need to stamp more keeps me Happy!

Hope everyone has a great day! It's FRIDAY!!! Our Game tomorrow was moved to Sunday so I even have a FREE DAY tomorrow. It's like winning the lottery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #2588  
Gabfest Goddess

I have no idea how to price used copics..... I'll let you know when I find out. Are you both (Jane and Mary) in to buy as a lot or singles? I'm kinda wanting to bundle and sell together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #2589  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I have no idea how to price used copics..... I'll let you know when I find out. Are you both (Jane and Mary) in to buy as a lot or singles? I'm kinda wanting to bundle and sell together.
I can bundle! I really don't have many.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #2590  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good Morning Stampers! Made any cards today? I would love to see some cards posted. Need to post my Christmas cards! Angie, you can bounce in my place if Cindy promises to behave. Mary, how are you feeling? I hope it's getting all better. It's F~R~I~D~A~Y~ YAAAAYYYYYY! I don't know about anyone else but the buckets of water that came down last night along with all the noise kept me awake and the traffic this week seems to have been extremely heavy so I am really pleased to see this day. Hope everyone has a great week-end. Want to see your cards posted! I will try to post some tomorrow!;)
Jane, I'm feeling better, although the knees are still a little sore..and lots of black and blue!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #2591  
Pearl-ExPert

I am fine with bundle....I will let you know what I have as I don't need to duplicate. course, that is not a lot. The cards I got to see yesterday were TOTALLY AMAZING! Made me think about what I want to order at the SAS....! I will play fair with Mary though and we can divvy the spoils! Want to come and stamp tomorrow????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #2592  
Crimping Master

Jane wants to see some cards, so here are few of the cards I made for the "Hope You Can Cling To" Challenges on SCS.
Attached Thumbnails
MD* Maryland Anyone........? VI-100_0902.jpg   MD* Maryland Anyone........? VI-100_0901.jpg   MD* Maryland Anyone........? VI-100_0903.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #2593  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Jane wants to see some cards, so here are few of the cards I made for the "Hope You Can Cling To" Challenges on SCS.
The Challenges for these cards were to make a masculine card with pink somewhere, pink critters, and an inspiration challenge based on a photo that was posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:35 AM   #2594  
Rubber Obsessor

Happy Friday!!!! I am so glad this week is almost over. The dogs (all 3 of them) are scheduled for beautification tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to see their eyes again. And you'd never know that they are all almost all white. They enjoy rolling around in the mulch and mud. And one of them has been digging a hole in my garden. I can't tell which one it is because when they come back inside all of them have black paws up to their knees! So off we go to the groomer. They hate it so much. We put on quite a show - 2 people, 3 dogs all going in different directions in Pet Smart. Then the 3 hours of absolute quiet at home. Aaaaahhhhhhh. Maybe I'll make a few cards.

Since I allowed myself to take over part of the living room with my stamping paraphenalia I have made quite a few cards. One day I may even figure out how to post them.

Good wishes to everyone who is having problems, sorrows and pains. One of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies (Finding Nemo) is Dory the fish saying "Just keep swimming, . . ." See the clip at:

Finding Nemo - Just Keep Swimming - YouTube
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:40 AM   #2595  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Love the Cupcake! Perfect with the DSP you used. Great cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #2596  
Gabfest Goddess

Okay this is FUNNY! This is from the Movie House back home.

I'm IN!
Attached Thumbnails
MD* Maryland Anyone........? VI-taylor.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #2597  
Pearl-ExPert

G'day everyone.
Amanda, love the marquee. Are you going back home for the abduction to get you some Taylor?
Was thinking a few minutes ago, get off here and make some cards. my area is reasonably clean, all my obligations are done, so create. I just need some reason. Not sure why. Think I might get out some sets I never use. I just ordered 2 nestibilities I'll probably never use. ARGH!
Heard thunder earlier and expected a big downpour, but not yet. We're back to Seattle weather!
My son and g'daughter are going to check out the Univ of South Carolina this week end. I dont want her to gothere. Its making me so sad to think she might leave the area even tho I dont see her much. I did have dinner w/them last night at the last minute games/practices were cancelled and Carla called about 5 to see if i wanted to meet them at 5:30. Of course, I said I'll put my bra on and be there!
Jeaneen, how is your mother doing?
Angie, those cards are great. Love the papers, images, design. they're really nice.
Off to try to make myself do something useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #2598  
Gabfest Goddess

We had thunder, lightning and the downpour on Meade. Must have just missed you.

I would go back for some Taylor...but not sure he's legal yet! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #2599  
Crimping Master

Hey Amanda....can you give me written instructions on how to use that bow maker thingie??? I keep forgetting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #2600  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
We had thunder, lightning and the downpour on Meade. Must have just missed you.

I would go back for some Taylor...but not sure he's legal yet! ;-)
We also had thunder, lightning, downpour, sun, rain, downpour - even lost electricity for a second and the house phone went out right in the middle of a conference call with work! Now it looks like the sun is trying to peek through the clouds. Crazy.

Amanda, do you know anything about some sort of craft fair thingie at Meade High School tomorrow?
Reply With Quote Likes