Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #1161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tracking number is probably not good until the package is picked up and scanned by the freight service (UPS?). I wouldn't worry. I had to send my first Slice in for repair and got it back in a jiffy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #1162  
Cardstock Collector

I just bought the slice elite at michaels. Was so excited to open And use it, but now I am a bit frustrated! I am having two problems.

First, one of my replacement blade is broken. When i opened the package and opened the replacement blade end tool, a small piece of the blade was broken and just feel out of the container. Do you know if MM will replace this?

Second, not all of my shapes are cutting accurately.
Most of my shapes seem to cut pretty well EXCEPT for the scallop and the square. For the life of me, I can't get my Slice to cut them accurately. The scallop starts off nicely.... but then at some point, the half circles start to cut side way and makes the shape seem a little sloppy. (not sure how to explain it). Is anyone having the same problem with the scallop shape? and my square cut almost perfect but a little bit off. I can't cut it so it looks like a PErfect square.

I already calibrate my machine which I shouldnt have to do on a brand new product.

What does this mean btw? Radial home offset and rational home offset. My radial home offset is set to level 0 and rational home offset is set to level 2. Is this the correct levels for the offsets?

Also, does anyone know if I can return or exchange an opened Slice machine at Michaels? If I can't fix the problems, I definitely don't want to keep it.

Suggestions on how to fix the problems?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #1163  
Cardstock Collector

Also, how come my basic elements design card (the one that comes with the Slice Elite starter kit) does not allow me to cut the image in mirror design mode? It allows me to cut normally or shadow but no mirror. I thought the new cards allow three cutting design mode? Or am I using the slice wrong?

Sorry so many questions. This is my first slice and die cut machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #1164  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativenewbieView Post
Also, how come my basic elements design card (the one that comes with the Slice Elite starter kit) does not allow me to cut the image in mirror design mode? It allows me to cut normally or shadow but no mirror. I thought the new cards allow three cutting design mode? Or am I using the slice wrong?

Sorry so many questions. This is my first slice and die cut machine.
MM has great customer service. I'm sure they'd be happy to send you a replacement blade. Did you home the cutter before using it?? Lastly, it may not be the machine at all. It may, in fact, be a faulty design card. Email MM at [email protected] and let them know. They'll send you a replacement card and if that doesn't fix it then they'll look at working on the machine. OR, you could exchange it at the store you purchased it at for a new one.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #1165  
Pearl-ExPert

I just listed a bunch of Slice carts on the B/S/T here if anyone is interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #1166  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm having some serious issues with my Slice. It's only a few months old, but it won't cut properly consistently.
Shapes are disfigured, if they cut at all. sometimes the blade doesn't come up and then the whole shape is cut in half.
I've emailed MM, so I'm hoping they can help. It's incredibly frustrating to have it work for 5 minutes, then all of a sudden it goes all wonky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #1167  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stephanie I just discovered that if I use my Slice unplugged I have an issue cutting. As long as I have it plugged in it cuts beautifully. I have one of the original Slices and it's almost two years old already. Hope you can resolve your issues and get to enjoy your Slice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #1168  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyzeeView Post
Stephanie I just discovered that if I use my Slice unplugged I have an issue cutting. As long as I have it plugged in it cuts beautifully. I have one of the original Slices and it's almost two years old already. Hope you can resolve your issues and get to enjoy your Slice.
I've found this true with mine also. But, after discovering this site, I contacted CS and they told me to use WD40 on the two slots near the blade. To let it soak in a little and then try a cut. I did this and now my slice is working fine. Don't know why this worked, but it did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #1169  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlarnoldView Post
I've found this true with mine also. But, after discovering this site, I contacted CS and they told me to use WD40 on the two slots near the blade. To let it soak in a little and then try a cut. I did this and now my slice is working fine. Don't know why this worked, but it did.
Quote:

Thanks for your notes! I spoke to Lee at MM today (she was wonderful!) I hadn't used it since I sent my email last week, and when we tried to cut a letter, the blade wouldn't lift up at all. She's sending me a new Basics card, and an update card, she thinks that will solve the issue. If not, I"ll have to send the machine in as a last resort. It's still under warranty at least

She did ask me to plug it in, and we got the same result.

I typically cut with the machine plugged in because I was tired of it just stopping mid cut when the battery was low...I wish it had a warning before you started cutting.

Interesting to note that both of you found it better to be plugged in.

I had accepted that some of the designs weren't working, but I was counting on using my Slice to cut letters for a gift wrapping idea I had for my Christmas gifts. I'm going to try again tomorrow (I don't think I'll get the update card for a few weeks now) and I'll try it plugged in. I also have some WD40, so I might as well try it too!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #1170  
Die Cut Diva

Does anyone know of a Slice card that has the months of the year?

I'm trying to do calendars (about a dozen) and sure would love the names of the months w/the letters welded together instead of working with all those letters individually!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #1171  
Rubber Obsessor

I just bought 2 new cartridges for my slice and just found this thread. Now I need to go back and look through it all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #1172  
Rubber Obsessor

So i have recently just dug out my slice as my michaels was clearing out the cartridges at 9.99 and I have bought 7 new ones. My problem is my slice will not cut. everytime I try and cut an X shows up pn the screeen. Anyone have any tips?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #1173  
Rubber Obsessor

Jenny, is the X big on the entire screen or little and off to the side of the screen?

Cherie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #1174  
Rubber Obsessor

So the X was small but I figured out the problem. I wasnt pressing the cut button Apprently i t has been awhile since I hve used it. But not to worry I have just bought10 new cards in the last 3 days from Michaels cause they were only 9.99! I am so excited now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #1175  
Rubber Obsessor

Jenny, glad to hear you figured out the problem. That was my thought about the X. I'm going to have to check out Michaels for the cards. Happy Slicing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #1176  
Rubber Obsessor

I just bought a Slice Elite from Michaels for 39.99. Did I make a wise choice? Why is it so deeply discounted? I feel like I should be happy about this purchase, but am unsure since I don't know much about the Slice. Does anyone have pictures of projects they made with the Slice?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #1177  
Stazon Splitcoast

It was deeply discounted because Michaels is no longer going to carry the product. I don't think they can compete with online markets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #1178  
Rubber Obsessor

Whew, well since it is a great deal, I would love to share with everyone to go to Michael's quickly because they have everything associated with the Slice marked drastically down. Joann's sale doesn't touch the prices at Michael's. I need to go back, now....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #1179  
Compulsive Stamper

Glad that Michael is closing out the slice and not that the slice is being dropped by making memories. Bought one for my daughter and several cards for me. Love a bargain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #1180  
Rubber Obsessor

I have spent hours reading over each and every post in the Stickie! And though I am a newbie, just now plugged in my new Slice Elite to charge, I wanted to thank everyone who posted an experience, bad or good; a question; or helpful hints to get a better performance from their Slice. You ladies are awesome, and so I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #1181  
Rubber Obsessor

Here's a card that I made using my Slice. MMTPT154, For Rita by camerabuff - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The flower petals and the fence were made using the Slice. I also make tags, oh, and my Christmas cards I used a snowflake and a swirl. That card is the 1st one I posted Christmas 2011 by camerabuff at Splitcoaststampers. But I made about 20 of them. The only suggestion I have is to make sure your paper isn't to heavy for the machine. 110 card stock is too thick. It won't cut the items out completely and then you have to sit and hand cut them. I LOVE the machine. And lucky you for getting a good deal on it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #1182  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies! I finally found the courage to test out my new Slice. I, of course, started with the heart from the basic elements card. It cut fine. I then tried the cursive "you" at two inches. Uh huh, no can do. I had to go up to four inches. I kept trying to make the two inch work, even calibrated my Slice. I have noticed that I get a tiny cut mark in anything that has a inner hole. Can anyone help me out on that one???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1183  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh and camerabuff, thanks so much for you link to your card! I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #1184  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just bought one from Michaels too. One of my cartridges was broke though. I sent an email to MM a few days ago and am still waiting. The plastic was chipped off the end of the part that reads. So far the machine has been okay. I'm crossing my fingers. I did get everything very discounted though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #1185  
Polyshrink Goddess

More problems with it....it just is not cutting...the paper won't stay down (even though I've used the whole bottle of glue) - no way I could ever get a 1 inch cut that's for sure - not even a 3 inch of the letters and fine detail. I'm so frustrated. I sent another email in. At this point, I just would like a refund but Michael's won't take back the cartridges anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #1186  
Rubber Obsessor

TxHoneyBee don't get discouraged. I have had the same problem. Contacting MM they should be able to help you with the cutting problem. I've had that happen to me and I needed to adjust the pressure of the blade.

A suggestion for mcia01h with the paper not staying down. I have found that if you put the edge of the cutter on the edges of the paper, it holds it down a little better. You really don't need to use that much glue. I've had my same bottle for a couple of years. Of course, I don't use the Slice on every card or even every month.

After hearing that Michael's has the cartridges on sale, I took some Christmas money and went to buy 5 cards. I could only get 4, though. Of course the one I really wanted was sold out already. Oh well. I'll be trying my cards tonight. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #1187  
Matboard Maniac

Oh mcia01h...I am so sorry...I truly feel your pain! I have not one but TWO (thinking the Elite would be better) Slice units...40 Carts. ALL the accesories and neither work for me. I contacted C/S and sent both units in and they claim mine tested fine for them. I guess "FINE" is a matter of perception? Just reading your post made me cry b/c I feel like I threw a ton of money down the toilet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #1188  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, I am truly frustrated. I am trying to cut the word, Love, from the Remember Me card, and can't. I keep having my paper torn. It truly looks chewed up. Please help!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #1189  
Rubber Obsessor

So I changed out my blade which somehow was mangled. I reapplied glue. Finally, I got some decent cuts after changing the blade one more time and readjusting the height of the blade. Wow, this little cutter is high maintenance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #1190  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxHoneybeeView Post
Wow, I am truly frustrated. I am trying to cut the word, Love, from the Remember Me card, and can't. I keep having my paper torn. It truly looks chewed up. Please help!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but sometimes if you hold the Slice down too firmly the blade must really drag along and rips the paper. I found that I only need to hold it still and not bear down on it as it cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #1191  
Inking Addict

Michael's has their remaining Slice cards marked down to $4.99. I'm off to my local Michael's tomorrow to see what's left that I don't already have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #1192  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the tip about holding down too hard. Oh and thanks for the info! BTW, is that in Texas, Michaels I mean?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #1193  
Inking Addict

I think all the Michael's craft store are discontinueing their Slice products. I saw the closeout $4.99 price on the die cards their website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #1194  
Cardstock Collector

I saw the ad too!! Super excited to go after church this AM. I tried out my slice last night just to make sure it's still cutting right after using the WD 40, and still no problems. Happy Slicing everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #1195  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but sometimes if you hold the Slice down too firmly the blade must really drag along and rips the paper. I found that I only need to hold it still and not bear down on it as it cuts.
Investing in the hands-free collar and mat really makes a difference! You don't have to hold it in place at all. No worries about holding it down too hard or not enough.

Great deal on the cartridges at Michaels, but any cartridge I want that they've carried, I already have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #1196  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Novell. I did purchase the Hands Free Collar and the mat that goes with it with the rest of the gift card my husband gifted to me for Christmas. I haven't tried it yet, but will soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #1197  
Inking Addict

I picked up Under The Sea, Jungle,Faith, and Bon Appetit. Earlier this week I picked up Farm Life and Parties. I passed on Babies, Music and Dance and theWestern themed card. Just couldn't see me getting alot out of those. Good thing I had Christmas money to spend today!

I need to get the hands-free collar. My Michaael's were out of those awhile ago. I already have the 12 inch cutting surface but so many times I find myself grabbing the samll cutting surface and saving space on my work table.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #1198  
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone tried using the embossing blade? how were your results?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #1199  
Inking Addict

I have. I was not too impressed with the results. I need to give them a try again some time as long as I have them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #1200  
Cardstock Collector

I've used the embossing tips, as well as the ballpoint tips and drawing tips. They're all just ok for me... I didn't find many projects on which I really wanted to use them. I think the Slice is an excellent cutting machine, but I'm less sold on the other "modes".

Oh, and I cannot recommend highly enough using the hands free kit! Totally transformed my Slicing!
Reply With Quote Likes