Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paper Crafts/Primedia

I have a question I hope someone might be able to help me with. Why would Primedia/Paper Crafts, send a 10pk, pkg of note cards and envelopes to me with no note or invoice? Do they just send these things out to people if you order their magazine?
I just thought, maybe they sent a pkg of these to everyone, every now and then. What do you think? I have not ordered anything since March, I subscribed for another 3 years.
Thanks for your help, just curious.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

did you enter a contest at papercrafts? Just a thought
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Lucky you!! I haven't ever gotten anything for FREE from Primedia or any other publisher. Did you submit a card to their publication? Just another thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

I recall in their promotional e-mails that they offered a free set of polka dot notecards or something like that for subscribing or renewing or something. Maybe you just renewed at the right time?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I did not submit anything to them, I have no idea why they would send me something without some type of notice with it, very strange. Thanks for your comments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

That must be it, they are polka dot, thank you so much. I did not think it was for that because it was in March that I extended my subsciption and I did not see that. Well, at least I know now what is for. I do like the cards and there is an area where I can stamp on the cards so I can personalize them. They are cute.
Thanks again for the answer to the mystery, I knew someone from here would figure it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I got them too today. Was wondering the same thing? I recently renewed my subscription as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Papercrafts

You are very lucky you got anything for free from this company. In October, 2004 I ordered online and charged to my credit card a copy of Papercrafts Stamp It magazine. Even after many phone calls, with rude customer service people and hangups, I have yet to receive a credit for my $10.21. What a company. . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tuffy, I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience with the Stamp It. My dad had sent in a subscription for me (with a check). After several inquiries and a few months, my dad received his check back since they did not get enough subscribers to make it a subscription magazine. I never got rude people, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Wink

Back in November, I ordered 3 subscriptions - 2 for friend's birthdays, and one for myself.

At the time, there was a little notice that you'd get a free stationary set when you subscribed.

Just recently I was wondering what ever happened and if I would get it so I was delighted when it came in the mail last week (vanilla stripe/polka dot set). It must have been backordered and that's why it took so long.

Bottom line is - it was definitely a gift for renewing your subscription or starting a new one. Lucky YOU got it already and you just ordered in March!

One other note about my experience with Papercrafts - when our subscriptions started coming in January, they were the holiday issues. Since these were no longer useful for this year, I called them and they said they would extend our subscriptions. The woman was very helpful and friendly.

Like anywhere else, sometimes it's just a matter of who you talk to!

I LOVE the magazine and will continue to subscribe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I have those cards and envies, too, but I didn't know it was from Paper Crafts. My husband gave me a one-year subscription to two magazines for Christmas, and he rec'd a package from Primedia this week. He brought those cards to me and said, "Look what I got!" I asked if he was a secret card-maker, and he denied it. I assumed they were from one of the magazine subscriptions. At least now I know which one! Even though they are embossed, there's a generous blank section in the center of the cards that will be great for stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I am certainly glad that I posted that question, now the mystery is solved! I love their magazine and I am so excited that I noticed the post here in March about extending it for 3 years, for only $29. What a great deal.
I just received that new magazine "Card Maker" and they want $21 for 1 year, 7 issues. I will keep the first copy because it was supposed to be free and then I will cancel the subscription this week. The magazine was Ok, but not great, I liked Paper Crafts so much more and the price was so reasonable, I know it was a special, but I don't think even their regular price is $21, is it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJoe
Well, I am certainly glad that I posted that question, now the mystery is solved! I love their magazine and I am so excited that I noticed the post here in March about extending it for 3 years, for only $29. What a great deal.

I am glad you posted this too and glad that I saw it. Otherwise I would have been scratching my head wondering why it came in the mail today. I probably would have been calling to make sure I wasn't charged for it. I guess I just renewed at the right time. Kudos to whoever it was that posted the special 3 year price!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Reply With Quote Likes