Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Paper Crafts/Primedia (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/paper-crafts-primedia-49698/)

AndyJoe 05-07-2005 01:29 PM

Paper Crafts/Primedia

I have a question I hope someone might be able to help me with. Why would Primedia/Paper Crafts, send a 10pk, pkg of note cards and envelopes to me with no note or invoice? Do they just send these things out to people if you order their magazine?
I just thought, maybe they sent a pkg of these to everyone, every now and then. What do you think? I have not ordered anything since March, I subscribed for another 3 years.
Thanks for your help, just curious.

Lisa S 05-07-2005 01:41 PM

did you enter a contest at papercrafts? Just a thought

calgramma 05-07-2005 02:21 PM

Lucky you!! I haven't ever gotten anything for FREE from Primedia or any other publisher. Did you submit a card to their publication? Just another thought.

sharis 05-07-2005 04:24 PM

I recall in their promotional e-mails that they offered a free set of polka dot notecards or something like that for subscribing or renewing or something. Maybe you just renewed at the right time?

AndyJoe 05-07-2005 04:25 PM

I did not submit anything to them, I have no idea why they would send me something without some type of notice with it, very strange. Thanks for your comments.

AndyJoe 05-07-2005 04:35 PM

That must be it, they are polka dot, thank you so much. I did not think it was for that because it was in March that I extended my subsciption and I did not see that. Well, at least I know now what is for. I do like the cards and there is an area where I can stamp on the cards so I can personalize them. They are cute.
Thanks again for the answer to the mystery, I knew someone from here would figure it out.

jharms 05-07-2005 07:18 PM

I got them too today. Was wondering the same thing? I recently renewed my subscription as well.

Tuffy 05-07-2005 07:39 PM

Papercrafts

You are very lucky you got anything for free from this company. In October, 2004 I ordered online and charged to my credit card a copy of Papercrafts Stamp It magazine. Even after many phone calls, with rude customer service people and hangups, I have yet to receive a credit for my $10.21. What a company. . . .

Novell 05-07-2005 08:02 PM

Tuffy, I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience with the Stamp It. My dad had sent in a subscription for me (with a check). After several inquiries and a few months, my dad received his check back since they did not get enough subscribers to make it a subscription magazine. I never got rude people, though.

blueyes63 05-08-2005 10:13 AM

Back in November, I ordered 3 subscriptions - 2 for friend's birthdays, and one for myself.

At the time, there was a little notice that you'd get a free stationary set when you subscribed.

Just recently I was wondering what ever happened and if I would get it so I was delighted when it came in the mail last week (vanilla stripe/polka dot set). It must have been backordered and that's why it took so long.

Bottom line is - it was definitely a gift for renewing your subscription or starting a new one. Lucky YOU got it already and you just ordered in March!

One other note about my experience with Papercrafts - when our subscriptions started coming in January, they were the holiday issues. Since these were no longer useful for this year, I called them and they said they would extend our subscriptions. The woman was very helpful and friendly.

Like anywhere else, sometimes it's just a matter of who you talk to!

I LOVE the magazine and will continue to subscribe.

Regina 05-08-2005 10:36 AM

I have those cards and envies, too, but I didn't know it was from Paper Crafts. My husband gave me a one-year subscription to two magazines for Christmas, and he rec'd a package from Primedia this week. He brought those cards to me and said, "Look what I got!" I asked if he was a secret card-maker, and he denied it. I assumed they were from one of the magazine subscriptions. At least now I know which one! Even though they are embossed, there's a generous blank section in the center of the cards that will be great for stamping.

AndyJoe 05-08-2005 11:25 AM

Well, I am certainly glad that I posted that question, now the mystery is solved! I love their magazine and I am so excited that I noticed the post here in March about extending it for 3 years, for only $29. What a great deal.
I just received that new magazine "Card Maker" and they want $21 for 1 year, 7 issues. I will keep the first copy because it was supposed to be free and then I will cancel the subscription this week. The magazine was Ok, but not great, I liked Paper Crafts so much more and the price was so reasonable, I know it was a special, but I don't think even their regular price is $21, is it?

cookiestamper 05-09-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJoe
Well, I am certainly glad that I posted that question, now the mystery is solved! I love their magazine and I am so excited that I noticed the post here in March about extending it for 3 years, for only $29. What a great deal.

I am glad you posted this too and glad that I saw it. Otherwise I would have been scratching my head wondering why it came in the mail today. I probably would have been calling to make sure I wasn't charged for it. I guess I just renewed at the right time. Kudos to whoever it was that posted the special 3 year price! :D