Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Whoa! Just got finished remounting....

...all of my words /sayings rubberstamps. Over 100 of them. I had had enough of spending forever making a card, only to stamp the saying crooked on the inside of the card. I took all my words/sayings from all my Stampin Up sets (and others), took them off their wood mounts and foam, and remounted them on EZ cling foam. From now on I only stamp words with the acrylic mounting system.

I've got all my newly remounted stamps neatly organized in photo albums and now it's so easy to looks for a specific saying and find it right away. I have stamps I never knew about.

My hubby congratulated me on being finished, but he couldn't REALLY appreciate all the work that was. I'M SO GLAD I"M DONE!!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a link that tells more about this? Sounds interesting.
Karrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 07:17 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well done! that is alot of work for one stamper to take on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

hmmmmm......interesting idea, I'll watch for the link to more info on this system. but in the meantime, I thought that "crooked" words was just my trademark : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #5  
PAPER SCAPER

As easy as typing ez mount into the search engine!

http://www.outsidethemargins.com/ezmount.html

http://www..com/cushion.html This one looks more informative.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 10:55 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Great Job

Wow that does sound like a lot of work but I'm sure you will be happy with it. Right now I'm working on indexing my stamps by stamping them onto notebook paper and categorizing them. I have SU and non-SU stamps so if I have sets I stamp them out on a page and label them. Then I take the individual stamps and stamp them into categories I have made and label who they are by and what year if I have it. I have about a bazillion categories now hearts, celestial, birthday, thank you....you get the picture. It's a lot of work but I hope to be able to look for images when I go to make cards. How expensive was it to do all of your words?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 02:59 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I've been thinking about doing this exact thing. The only thing that makes me cringe is the thought of breaking up my sets. There are lots of set that have just one word or a saying--did you remove those from their sets and EZ mount them too?

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:07 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I am currently in the process of 'demounting' ALL of my stamps, putting them on EZ Mount and storing them in CD jewel cases. I already have 110 jewel cases! I keep all my SU sets in sets in the jewel cases. But I still have a BAZILLION to do. And, as I do them, I'm doing an inventory. May not really want to look at the inventory sheet when I'm all done....I have 16 years of stamps! I'm doing this for the space saving and the weight as we will be moving in a couple of years and don't want to have to pay for all the wood. It really does make a difference.

Jeri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:12 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been thinking about demounting ALL of my stamps, as well. I get ready to do it, and then I chicken out! LMAO! What a crazy thing to chicken out over, huh.

I never thought of cd jewel cases. Interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 04:22 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I did this with almost all of my stamps and stamp sets. I LOVE IT! I have them stored by sets if applicable in 3 ring binders. My MIL recently wanted me to take some stamps to her for a project she was working on. All I had to do was grab the binder and go! I love it so much that I signed up as a TAC demo. Their stamp sets are all unmounted and it's so much cheaper because you're not buying the wood! Unmounted ROCKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

As of late, I've started taking the unmounted route also. But, the question is now...what do you do with your wooden blocks that come with the SU stamps? They are beginning to pile up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

So let me see if I've got this straight. You mount the stamps on the EZ Cling which sticks to the acrylic block (that you can see through and make sure your image is straight). When you're done, you take it off the acrylic block, put it in a binder and all you have that's bulky is the block and the binder? Does it lose its static cling after a certain number of times stamping? Does the stamp move while you're stamping if it's only stuck on by static? Are they harder to clean on the acrylic than on the wood? Does the ink wipe off the acrylic? Sounds too good to be true, so convince me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Again, I store my in jewel cases, not binders, but....they are soooo much easier!!! They stamp fine, clean up just like wood and they seem to cling forever. I've never had one slip and the cling is still working too. Acrylic is much easier to clean than wood! After all, it's just plastic!! No staining!! I can't say enough about unmounted stamps!! And, like everyone else said....CHEAPER!!!! You can buy twice as many stamps at a convention cuz unmounted is 1/2 the price of mounted. Still trying to figure out myself what to do with the wood. Any suggestions would be helpful! HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

I was just going to through my wood blocks away but some people on this board were asking for blocks and cases so I sent them to them. I never would have thought anyone would want them but I was wrong! Put a post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and see if anyone wants them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 06:45 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I have both type of stamps: SU on wood & a couple of alphabets from another company that are on the acrylic. The other company's stamps came with just the rubber part, not the foam. SU comes with the rubber then the foam then the adhesive. So how do you take the foam & adhesive off so that you can mount them on the foam sheets? (the foam sheets that are sold to work with the acryclic blocks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 02:23 AM   #16  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

well I have tried the Acrylic blocks and don't like the fact that I can't just take them out of the box and use them. I still prefer the wood mounted ones.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi all. Sorry I've been delayed in responding to some of your questions....

Quote:

Originally Posted by cropmaster2000
So how do you take the foam & adhesive off so that you can mount them on the foam sheets? (the foam sheets that are sold to work with the acryclic blocks?
Well, you put the stamps in the microwave for 10 secs on HIGH. After that, try to pull the rubber and adhesive backing from the wood stamp. If it doesn't come off easily, put it in the microwave for another 10 secs. (after 20 or secs, wood block can get warm) Once you've taken the rubber (with foam) off the wood, you can more easily bend the rubber to then separate the rubber from the foam. You might have some adhesive still stuck to the rubber. Work it off with your thumb, or use a piece of tape to get the sticky off. Never use GooGone or any petroleum product as it will eat away the rubber.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragoness
How expensive was it to do all of your words?
It was $3.50 per EZ Mount sheet plus shipping, and I got these really pretty photoalbums from Walmart for 7.99 each. It cost me under 30.00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
I've been thinking about doing this exact thing. The only thing that makes me cringe is the thought of breaking up my sets. There are lots of set that have just one word or a saying--did you remove those from their sets and EZ mount them too?
Yep- did them all, so I had to break up sets. I too struggled with this for a while, but then thought "hey, I'm here to stamp and there are alot of sayings I don't even know I have. What's more important is that I use what I have"

Quote:

Originally Posted by larcy
As of late, I've started taking the unmounted route also. But, the question is now...what do you do with your wooden blocks that come with the SU stamps? They are beginning to pile up!
I have tons of them left and really have no idea what to do with them. I'm holding on to them in case I need to remount any of my other stamps that have lots of staining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinCPA
Does it lose its static cling after a certain number of times stamping? Does the stamp move while you're stamping if it's only stuck on by static? Are they harder to clean on the acrylic than on the wood? Does the ink wipe off the acrylic?
Nope- stays clingy forever. If it gets dirty, wipe with clean cloth. Nope- stamp does not move while stuck on by static. At least I've not had that problem. Nope- just as easy to clean. Yep- ink comes right off the acrylic.
Reply With Quote Likes