Originally Posted by Margscardcrazy
Wow, it's great to see how many of us are playing this year, I learned a lot from last years challenge.
1. Make sure your cards fit envelopes that can be bought ie; C6 or DL (these are the post office prefered sizes too, in Australia) it is so time consumming to have to make the envelopes as well.
2. Completely finish your card with your insert and or inside greeting
3. Make sure you sign the back of your card (I'm going to try and do all of this before I upload)
4. Limit the embellishments if you are posting your cards. I love bows buttons and bling but it can become quite expensive to post these cards.
5. The most important of all is have fun, fun, fun but don't backlog I just never cought up and didn't get Octobers or Novembers done.
This is also my goal in 2013! I had around 60 cards to make insides and to choose who was getting what card because I made so many different ones.
Lesson learned. I get restless creating the same card so I make a lot of different ones but I am going to make 2 changes:
1) inside must be made at same time. (I am trying to do that for ALL the cards I create...I am on a DT too..and sometimes I just rush from one project to another. INSIDE must be done !)
2) I am going to put a note paper inside Christmas box and write who I am thinking that card is for right now. OF course I might change it, Will do a lot of Nov. cards that are special etc....but I can at least START a bit of a list.
3) I need a nativity stamp. I Love to make ALL kinds of Christmas cards but I would like a few more Nativity themed ones for 2013....so I am on the look out for a stamp that moves me!!!
Kind of proud of me! I made my first Christmas card today...and I made the inside...and put the name of who I think it's going to go to on a piece of paper in the box!