I am finally getting around to posting the first granddaughter birthday card for 2021, which was celebrated in late February. I heard that her birthday party theme was to be Mickey & Minnie Mouse, using their traditional colors of red, black, and white, thus I thought my card should follow along.
Playing my Challenge Catch-up cardmaking, I found 12 challenges my card could fit by tweaking a little here and a little there during construction.
1) MSP45 - MISTI Monday Challenge/ Tiny Texture - 5/3/21. Challenge: Add texture is some manner...your choice. I used layering and an embossing folder to the front panel that hosts Minnie's head. I also emboss textured the head pieces to add a subtle fur-like texture (difficult to see in the photo).
2) F4A584 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Texture! - 430/21. I used embossing folders to add texture. See #1 above.
3) SC845 - Sketch Challenge - 3/17/21. Adjustment to sketch: I did not add an embellishment on the left of the strip as I needed the entire strip to place my die-cut sentiment.
4) CT0321 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--March 2021/ Squared Away! - 3/15/21. My card features a square layered & embossed panel that hosts Minnie Mouse's head and bow!
5)AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! A granddaughter birthday card made, needed, and delivered.
6) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I brought out an older edge puncher, several years old patterned paper, some old stash ribbon, and an old embossing folder, along with a "new/ unopened" embossing folder.
7) ABC14F6 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 14/ F = Fantasy! - 11/11/20. My "Fantasy" focus is for Minnie Mouse, who is definitely from Disney's fantasyland.
MMTPT637 - Teapot Challenge/ Bow - 10/6/20. I'm playing my "Challenge Catch-up cardmaking to make my soon to be "2" granddaughter's birthday card. The challenge says make a birthday card with a bow for a 102 birthday girl. Mine is for a 2 year-old girl. My card is also red, one of the favorite colors noted for this challenge.
9) S2S20MAY - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Travel Dreams - 5/7/20. You are challenged to make at least 5 cards that support the theme depicting where you'd like to travel. Playing my Challenge Catch-up, this is my second travel dream card design posted. My dream travel would be to take my three little granddaughters to Disney World in Florida to see Minnie Mouse and other delightful characters as well!
10) IC736 - Inspiration Challenge/ Artsy Albums - 1/11/20. I found this inspiration in the form of a mini album all about Mickey & Minnie Mouse. Disney Themed Album.
11) WT740 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Buttons, Bows and Beads, Oh My! - 5/16/19. Challenge: to use at least one from the title. I added a wonderful ribbon strip and hair bow for Minnie.
12) FS632 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ You'll Say She's a Wiz @ This aka LizBeth - 3/17/19. It was fun to browse Liz's lovely gallery. I chose her darling mouse card to CASE: CCC20AUG Mistletoe Mouse!. I chose this card for its layout design and color. I kept the layout design and colors though I reversed their order in the base grouping. My theme was birthday instead of Christmas, but I did stick with a mouse for my critter...though mine is punch art and not a coloring image. Liz's card is delightful, and I will have to keep in mind for a Christmas themed card!