I used the same design, a take-off from a Christmas card I just finished a few days ago, for two sympathy cards needed. One was needed the last few days of 2020 and the other the first few days of 2021. Since one was local and other in Colorado, it seemed I thought I could use the same design.
Playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking and while tweaking possible design changes, I found 15 old and somewhat new challenges to enter this card into; see the list below:
1) S2S21JAN - Stamp to Save Challenge, which has taken on a new idea because of COVID...we are "Stamping to Support" one another/ Dreams - 1/1/21 (Monthly Themes). January's theme, "Dreams"...what do you dream of doing when COVID is over? I've decided a family mini vacation with a lovely overnight stay in their rustic cabins would be fun. Not to be forgotten while there, a walking tour of the lovely wildflower meadows near Paradise, WA would be wonderful, and finish it all off by a "homecooked" meal with blackberry pie at the Coper Creek Restaurant on the return trip home would be delightful!
2) AOCC21 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ January - 1/1/21--annual/ ongoing. This challenge gives you a choice of any card theme needed for the month...you set your own goals to complete and mail them timely to hopefully give you incentive to get it done! Two sympathy cards were need and mailed!!
3) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge - 1/1/21--annual/ ongoing. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new/old items purchased (quite awhile ago) and never unpackaged/or used! I used up 2019 "Feels Like Frost" paper strips leftover and broke open my never used 2020 "Snowflake Splendor" ribbon, which I colored blue with Copic markers. The Rhinestones are really old as well.
4) MMTPT630 - Teapot Challenge/ Dig Deep! - 8/18/20. Find old stuff and use it. (See #3 challenge notes).
5) CT0820 - Fan Club Monthly Themes--August 2020/ Spots & Stripes - 8/17/20. Using my imagination of on spots and/or stripes, I used stripes of paper strips. This cluster of stripes created a wildflower meadow.
7) CC774 - Color Challenge - Whispers About Blueberries & Seaside - 1/14/20. Colors: Blueberry Bushel (darker blue), Seaside Spray (light blue), Whisper White. I substituted Night of Navy for the darker blue and Balmy Blue for lighter shade of blue. I used Whisper White.
F4A483 - Free 4 All/ Storms Never Last - 5/14/19. My interpretation for this is one usually overcomes the sadness of grief, thus sympathy cards work.
9) CAS533 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Think Cluster - 5/13/19. My paper strip cluster form a wildflower meadow scene.
10) WT734 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Four by Four - 4/14/19. Strips of four patterned papers creating a wildflower meadow scene.
11) TLC737 - Try a New Technique Challenge/ Patterned Scene Strips - 4/8/19. My strips create a wildflower meadow scene.
12) IC689 - Inspiration Challenge/ Isle of Wight Studio Glass - 2/16/19. This is the link to the Blue Vine Footed Vases: Blue Vine Footed Vase whose dark to lighter shades of blue inspired my card.
13) MIX300 - Mix-ability Challenge/ Royal Garden - 10/26/18. My Royal Garden has both formal gardens and informal gardens. At the back of the formal gardens are hiking trails that lead to meadows of wildflowers of every color imaginable. My card depicts one such meadow! My mediums are: Copic Markers and Sponging Ink.
14) FS589 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ You Can Call Her Wendy: aka Wendy 2512/ Wanda - 5/20/18. Here is the link to Wendy's card that I chose to CASE: QFTD83, "A Window of Peace"
15) SC670 - Sketch Challenge - 11/8/17. I moved the three panels to the bottom of the sketch and put the #1 space at the top. I added a triangle-envelope flap overlay at the top to the sketch.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Silver Glimmer; Patterned paper--Feels Like Frost 6x6 dsp; Ink--Balmy Blue; Basic Rhinestones. Other: Punch--EK Victorian Corners; Copic Markers; Chatterbox computer sentiment/ verse; Size--4-3/4" x 6".
Registered: September 30, 2005 Location: Minnesota Posts: 3995
Wed, Feb 17, 2021 @ 1:38 PM
This is a lovely piece, and perfectly soothing! To believe you've checked off all those challenges with a piece that looks so perfectly composed is far out of my own league of abilities! Thank you so much for sharing!
~* DancesWithHooves *~ Proud FanClub member since 2017
My Gallery | My Blog "The wind of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."