This card is for a fall birthday for one of my cardmaking buddies. She took a trip to Hawaii; I took a trip to visit Mom in California; another friend had to babysit a sick dog that couldn't be left unattended while her son went hunting; and a fourth had a scary eye issue, which took a bit of time for recovery. By the time we were all available, the celebration was a bit belated, but very enjoyable nevertheless!
The idea for my card came from a Stampin' Up card class hosted by Mom's Stampin' Up demonstrator, Darla Watson. I loved the basic design, but had to make modifications to make it a bit fancier and more me. I changed the theme from a thank you card to a birthday card, added texture via an embossing folder background, added an Early Espresso card base and a gold glitter mat layer, made my focal picture 3-inches square, which allowed for a sentiment layer below to which I added some brads. I checked out my Splitcoaststamper Challenge List before beginning, which gave me several ideas to change and include. I was delighted because I'm on a challenge catch-up mission, and I was able to fit this card into 12 challenges with the changes and additions I made, as follows:
1. ABC12F8 - Alphabet Challenge, Round 12 - 10/30/18. "Letter F." My card depicts a "fall" scene.
2. S2S19OO - Spend to Stamp Challenge - 10/17/19 - "Leaves." The challenge was to include fall and autumn leaves in your project.
3. CT1019 - Fan Club Monthly Themes - October 2019 - 10/15/19. Central Theme: "On A Roll." "What goes around comes around." My interpretation idea: I used something that rolls to make my card, i.e., a brayer, plus I included rolling hills in my fall scene.
4. MIX350 - Mix-Ability Challenge - 10/11/19 - "Confined." Winter is confining so confine your art to a 3-inch square. My focal art piece is exactly a 3-inch square added as an element to the card base layering. My mediums are: Copic markers (to add extra leaves), Ink brayering (sky, ground, and sentiment card surface), Ink stamping to stamp the scenery).
5. AOCC19OCT - All Occasions Card Challenge - 10/1/19 - "October Cards." This is one of my female birthday cards needed.
7. FS653 - Featured Stamper Challenge - 8/11/19 - "Kellijo." Kelli Hull has a lovely gallery, and I found several cards to inspire me, but finally settled on this one: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/1361069, which I used to help with my layout and inspired me to add brads!
8. MMTPT565 - Teapot Challenge - 5/21/19 - "Just in CASE." This week's teapotter is the mother-in-law of fellow SCSer "chrissyd723." We were to browse her gallery and find a card to CASE or find inspiration from. I chose her CAS491 Flowering Trees as my inspiration (I thought it was a red leaf autumn burst of color): https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/2880323
9. WT733 - Ways to Use It Challenge - 3/28/19 - "Brads and Eyelets Are Lonely!" Bring out these old-time embellishments and choose which to use on your card. I used Recollections copper metallic mini brads to anchor my sentiment layering.
10. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - Ongoing. Use old items in your stash that are gathering dust from lack of use and/or a new item purchased, but never used and also gathering dust! I used an old and retired Stampin' Up embossing folder that I have always loved, but not used in several years: Square Lattice, plus my Recollections copper metallic mini brads.
11. F4A449 - Free 4 All Challenge - 9/18/18 - "Think Small." Make a 3-inch square card. My focal art piece is exactly a 3-inch square. After I finished with it, I mounted to a three-layer card base and added a 3-layer sentiment rectangle below.
12. SC663 - Sketch Challenge - 9/13/17. I modified the sketch a bit by changing the geometric shapes from an oval to a square. I moved the sentiment layer from the left to center and added metallic mini brads for the embellishment requirement on both the left and the right.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstocks--Early Espresso, Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz. Stamps--Snow Front (2019 Holiday), Express Yourself (sentiment). Inks--Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz, Mango Melody, Merry Merlot, Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron. Embossing Folder--Square Lattice (retired). Linen Thread. Sponge Brayer. Other: Recollections Antique Gold Glimmer paper. Copic markers to add extra fall leaves to trees/ ground. Recollection mini brads--Copper. EK Punch--Victorian Corners. Size: 4-3/4 x 6 inches.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66420
Fri, Dec 13, 2019 @ 7:27 AM
Beautiful Fall colors, Carlene. So happy to see you get back to creating cards.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda