This card is for a long-time friend, who loaned me her ocean-side condo for a 5-day mini vacation, and only charge me for the cleaning fee! This card is a much needed thank you to deliver her a dinner for two and dessert gift card to show my appreciation of her tremendous gift!
After checking my SCS Challenge list, I discovered this card would fit 11 challenges. A few are new challenges, and some are playing challenge catch up.
1. MSP26 - MISTI Monday Challenge - Save Your Scraps! - 10/7/19. Use cardstock and/or patterned dsp scraps to make your card features. Scraps were used to make all my die-cuts and the sentiment rectangle mats. This card did not require a MISTI, but I can see that a Cut-Align ruler might have been very handy to make sure my sentiment mat layers here evenly placed from corner to corner to top and bottom and side to side.
2. IC722 - Inspiration Challenge - Lulu & Georgia...a home decore website. I found this "Holland Rug" for my color inspiration: luluandgeorgia.com/holland-rug-emerald
3. FS660 - Featured Stamper Challenge - What Does She Love to Do? aka Rebekah. I chose two cards for inspiration for my card...one for its layout and the other for color: FF16stampmommaA: Thankful for you! - 10/10/16 and HYCCT1407 Sharing & Caring - 10/10/14.
4. CC756 - Color Challenge - Yikes! A Peacock is Eating Olives at My Party! - 9/10/19. Use Colors: Pretty Peacock, Old Olive, and Pool Party.
5. ABC12L2 - Alphabet Challenge, Round 12, Letter L - 9/11/19. I used leaves on my card for letter L.
6. WT746 - Ways to Use It Challenge - Get Back to Nature - 6/27/19. Leaves, leaves, leaves and a bit of pumpkin...all from nature!
7. S2S19O - Stamp to Save (aka Spend to Stamp...I think this is more me!) - Using Scraps - 4/20/19. Scraps were used to make all my die-cuts and the sentiment rectangle mats.
8. MMTPT547 - Teapot Challenge - Great Outdoors - 1/15/19. Use something found in the outdoors. I've used layers of leaves.
9. F4A444 - Free for All Challenge - Pick A Shape - 8/24/18. Use shapes on your card, but not circles, squares, rectangles, or ovals. I pick a leaf shape and have used 7 of these "shapes" from small to large on my card.
10. SC692 - Sketch Challenge - 4/11/18. I made my card horizontal rather than vertical. For my elements surrounding the two rectangular mat layers, I've used leaves, ribbon, and sequins.
11. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - an annual ongoing event. This challenge requires you to use items from your cardmaking stash that are gathering dust because it has been a very long time since you used it OR something you bought a long time ago and never used. My old items bought over two years, four months ago are Colorful Seasons stamps and Seasonal Layers dies. The last time they were used was about two years ago...time to roll them out again! My brand new item that I've had since March and am using for the first time is the Well Worn word dies. I'm using just one die..."thanks." The others will still have to wait to be used even further into the future!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products... Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Old Olive. Patterned paper: Come to Gather dsp (Holiday 2019). Stamps: Colorful Seasons (leaf vein stamp). Dies: Seasonal Layers (leaves); Well Written (thanks). Embossing Folder: Subtle 3D (background). 5/8" white flax ribbon (sponged w/ Pool Party ink). Size: 4-3/4" x 6".
Registered: March 13, 2011 Location: Langley, B.C. Canada Posts: 15738
Tue, Oct 08, 2019 @ 9:30 AM
Oh my goodness, I have been missing you! Glad to see you back with this pretty one using that new bundle. Ha, one can still buy even if your hand is out of commission, lol...I love your choice of colors on this. It is gorgeous!