Registered: August 14, 2003 Location: Belle Plaine, Kansas Posts: 876
Sun, Aug 14, 2005 @ 8:14 AM
Here's the instructions from Holly's class
4th Project: Pearl Ex and Lumiere
1. Stamp a pine tree with Basic Brown ink on Old Olive cardstock.
2. Pour tiny amount of Lumiere in the well of a plastic palette.
3. Add a drop or two of Real Red reinker.
4. Stir with toothpick or handle of watercolor brush.
5. Dip the handle end of brush into the “paint” and make dots on the tree. These are your Christmas ornaments or balls on the tree.
6. Set this aside to dry for a few minutes. If you have too much “paint” left over, you can cover this with Saran wrap and reuse later on. You can’t store this for too long, as it will dry up. It’s generally good for several hours.
7. When your red balls are dry, pour a tiny bit of Lumiere onto a plastic plate. Use your toothpick to scoop out a tiny bit of Micro Pearl PE into the Lumiere. Mix it in well with the toothpick.
8. Using a stipple brush, tap it into your White PE mixture, then tap over your tree and red balls. This gives you a snowy effect.
9. Let this dry and then rub the edges of Old Olive cs into your Basic Brown ink pad to distress the edges.