Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #41  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Wink I know

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRabbottView Post
You know, it's weird how the place you live can have such an effect... I lived in the desert for 8 years and had HORRIBLE allergies... but then I moved to Northern MN where things actually grow, and I have NO allergies!
it's crazy! I only moved from Michigan you would think it wouldn't effect me? :-| Go Figure. My DH watches the weather closely for me and I try to take meds early!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #42  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 515 Likes on 359 Posts

In the sky (on the driveway) by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I am done! I must go to bed, I will come back tomorrow to check out some galleries!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a digi kit to play with to get a feel for things, and the Hubs even bought PSE for me so I could play easily. Well, shortly after that I ended upgrading my laptop, and now my version of PSE wouldn't work! The Hubs figured out how to get it to work in XP Mode, but it's soooooo slow for every step, that I get frustrated and pull out my paper again! LOL I'm asking for a different version of PSE for Christmas, so I should be able to finally try out that digi kit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #44  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face BRB

I'm going to upload my 2 other challenge pages, I'll be back in just a minute ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #45  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Talk to you soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijoView Post
In the sky (on the driveway) by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I am done! I must go to bed, I will come back tomorrow to check out some galleries!
Very CUTE!! Very, very! Thanks for playing! Good Night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #46  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Oh Yes

Quote:

I picked up a digi kit to play with to get a feel for things, and the Hubs even bought PSE for me so I could play easily. Well, shortly after that I ended upgrading my laptop, and now my version of PSE wouldn't work! The Hubs figured out how to get it to work in XP Mode, but it's soooooo slow for every step, that I get frustrated and pull out my paper again! LOL I'm asking for a different version of PSE for Christmas, so I should be able to finally try out that digi kit!
My DH got me the CM Digi software for Christmas a couple years ago and an external hard drive to keep all my picts and pages downloaded. I just didn't enjoy it at that time. I still have it plus now I use CTMH and there is
Studio J which would help w/ the printing issue so.... I just need to try it again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
My DH got me the CM Digi software for Christmas a couple years ago and an external hard drive to keep all my picts and pages downloaded. I just didn't enjoy it at that time. I still have it plus now I use CTMH and there is
Studio J which would help w/ the printing issue so.... I just need to try it again!
What is CM? Sorry, I've never heard of it before. I know that Photoshop Elements is really popular for scrapbookers and it's what I tend to stick with even though I have Corel Painter Essentials. I'm just so used to PSE.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK. I was just quiet cause I figured out what pics to use for this challenge..took about 45 minutes to complete.

I Love You

DGS can still be adorable and sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've heard the CM software is pretty awesome, I have quite a few friends that use that although I've never seen the program itself. Is it like Studio J where you have specific templates? Or is it more free form like individual papers and embellishments you can cut and paste together?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I bought PSE7 and my Dell uses XP and mine was super slow. Turns out I didn't have enough memory and had to upgrade it to the max. Now it works great and doesn't constantly shut down on me when I try to open a file.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I bought PSE7 and my Dell uses XP and mine was super slow. Turns out I didn't have enough memory and had to upgrade it to the max. Now it works great and doesn't constantly shut down on me when I try to open a file.
ACK! That would be reeeeeally frustrating! My new laptop has Windows 7 on it, and the old one had XP. I know you can find the slightly older version of PSE for about 40 bucks, I'm not sure what version they're up to now.... probably PSE 35 since there are so many upgrades! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

K guys I am going to do this one but in the morning. It's so wierd that everybody has a headache, because I've had one today as well. I've been taking ibuprofen around the clock. Usually my shoulder cramps up when it's going to snow because i've dislocated it a few times. I don't want to say it, but maybe it's going to snow?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweethunView Post
What is CM? Sorry, I've never heard of it before. I know that Photoshop Elements is really popular for scrapbookers and it's what I tend to stick with even though I have Corel Painter Essentials. I'm just so used to PSE.
CM is Creative Memories. They were the first ones to do an "official" software specifically for digi scrapping... I've heard it's pretty user friendly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_blue_69View Post
K guys I am going to do this one but in the morning. It's so wierd that everybody has a headache, because I've had one today as well. I've been taking ibuprofen around the clock. Usually my shoulder cramps up when it's going to snow because i've dislocated it a few times. I don't want to say it, but maybe it's going to snow?
*GASP!* Bite your tongue!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Yes I actually just printed off a batch of 5 lo's from Pages to Treasure. I've never printed with them before, but they are waiting for me at my apartment's front office, so I'll let you know tomorrow how they turned out. Do you save your layouts as psd files? If so, just use the setting Save For Web and then keep the settings at 3600 x 3600 pixels and turn it into a jpeg with a setting of high. That should be good enough, hit save. I usually title them with -Print at the end so i can find them easily when I'm uploading them to a print site.

Oh I should mention those instructions are for 12 x 12 inch layouts.
Yes. I keep all the psd files, do a "save for web" and reduce to 600x600 for uploading to here and I think I opened up the psd files and resaved as jpegs with high when I printed out the 8x8 book. I did print one off as an 8x10 photo for my ex-SIL at her request and that came back really nice as well. Just super expensive at 3.99! I had found a site in Utah that printed 12x12 for 1.99 ea and over 100 at 1.49 ea. I'll have to test a few first and then get them all done at one time. (I just got my Christmas Club money)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

ACK! That would be reeeeeally frustrating! My new laptop has Windows 7 on it, and the old one had XP. I know you can find the slightly older version of PSE for about 40 bucks, I'm not sure what version they're up to now.... probably PSE 35 since there are so many upgrades! LOL
I've not heard nice things about Windows 7 (and that was from a tech person!) PSE9 has just been released and I've been considering it since there are some pretty cool new functions in it. But maybe I'll just wait another year or two since PSE8 was just released at the end of last year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was hesitant to get Windows 7, but I've had a LOT fewer problems than my hubs did when he was running XP. After we got the laptop and he saw how easy it was to navigate, we converted his system over too. He's a Closet Geek though, so he has fun figuring out all the ins and outs of operating systems
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #58  
Gallery Gazer

OK. I've been sitting here now for 4-1/2 hours and boy are my hands and feet cold! Time to head off to bed and try NOT to wake up DH. Goodnight all. I'll work on the first challenge tomorrow when I've got my alone time! Thanks for the great challenges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #59  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Good Night!

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_blue_69View Post
Thanks SO much for scrapping w/ us tonight! Please, please don't say the S**W word...well, you live in Winnipeg so maybe it comes there early? :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #60  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Oh Yeah

Quote:

OK. I've been sitting here now for 4-1/2 hours and boy are my hands and feet cold! Time to head off to bed and try NOT to wake up DH. Goodnight all. I'll work on the first challenge tomorrow when I've got my alone time! Thanks for the great challenges.
We have our furnace on set times to come on and go off too so it's starting to get cold in here, I just added a sweatshirt. I'm struggling because I'm getting the "late night/early morning" munchies .... hahaha!

Good Night Terri! Look forward to seeing your page soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #61  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Yes. I keep all the psd files, do a "save for web" and reduce to 600x600 for uploading to here and I think I opened up the psd files and resaved as jpegs with high when I printed out the 8x8 book. I did print one off as an 8x10 photo for my ex-SIL at her request and that came back really nice as well. Just super expensive at 3.99! I had found a site in Utah that printed 12x12 for 1.99 ea and over 100 at 1.49 ea. I'll have to test a few first and then get them all done at one time. (I just got my Christmas Club money)
Oh wow, that's pretty cheap compared that what I paid for the online company I just used. I know places like Office Depot/Max will print pages as well, just not sure about 12x12.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #62  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Well,

Quote:

I've heard the CM software is pretty awesome, I have quite a few friends that use that although I've never seen the program itself. Is it like Studio J where you have specific templates? Or is it more free form like individual papers and embellishments you can cut and paste together?
They both seem really similar. CM software has add ons and you purchase those to add to your kit collection. Studio J has it all online and it comes in the "package". It seems to have more templates but ... remember, I haven't played with either too much yet so hopefully one of them will work so I can get the album done for my Mom for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Have a great night! "see" ya tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #64  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

We have our furnace on set times to come on and go off too so it's starting to get cold in here, I just added a sweatshirt. I'm struggling because I'm getting the "late night/early morning" munchies .... hahaha!

Good Night Terri! Look forward to seeing your page soon
I hear ya about the munchies! I'm home alone tonight since the hubs is gone for the early hunt this weekend, and the dogs conked out a few hours ago! I can actually hear one of them snoring in the other room over the music I have playing here on my laptop! LOL

Half tempted to break out the air popper.... maybe for just a liiiiittle bit o'popcorn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

Maybe that's whats wrong with my nose. i have been blowing it for 4 days and coughing like crazy. Its the barometric pressure affecting my sinus'. The things we learn while doing our hobbies. Night all. The bed is calling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #66  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by deniserowsView Post
Maybe that's whats wrong with my nose. i have been blowing it for 4 days and coughing like crazy. Its the barometric pressure affecting my sinus'. The things we learn while doing our hobbies. Night all. The bed is calling
Good Night Denise! Thanks for scrappin' w/ us! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #67  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking I know, I know

Quote:

I hear ya about the munchies! I'm home alone tonight since the hubs is gone for the early hunt this weekend, and the dogs conked out a few hours ago! I can actually hear one of them snoring in the other room over the music I have playing here on my laptop! LOL

Half tempted to break out the air popper.... maybe for just a liiiiittle bit o'popcorn!
So far I'm staying strong ... just drinking some Sobe LifeWater and looking for the next page to scrap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by deniserowsView Post
LOL G'night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #69  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

So far I'm staying strong ... just drinking some Sobe LifeWater and looking for the next page to scrap!
I wonder, are we the last two standing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #70  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Yup

Quote:

I wonder, are we the last two standing?
I think so? I'll give it a few minutes and then probably call it a night myself if it's just you and me ...

Last edited by Lmn; 10-23-2010 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Our mtns got snow today... I'm in Utah and close to the mtns and hoping it stays off my roads for at least a few more days.
I got the first one done first and messed it up a little. Perhaps I'll try again in the coming days!
Thanks for great challenges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #72  
Glitter Queen

Calling it a night ladies. Goodnight!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #73  
Polyshrink Goddess

G'night Tanya and Sweethun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I think so? I'll give it a few minutes and then probably call it a night myself.
I don't blame you! I've been up since 5, and starting to get a little punchy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #75  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Oh my

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
Our mtns got snow today... I'm in Utah and close to the mtns and hoping it stays off my roads for at least a few more days.
I got the first one done first and messed it up a little. Perhaps I'll try again in the coming days!
Thanks for great challenges!
That would be TOO Close for me ... I'm never ready for S**W! LOL! It will get here soon enough!

Don't worry about challenges w/ the Challenge, LOL! Fortunately it's all for fun! Looking forward to seeing more pages ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #76  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Good Night!

Quote:

Calling it a night ladies. Goodnight!!!
Come back and scrap w/ us soon! Thanks for hanging out with us tonight! :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #77  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking wow

Quote:

I don't blame you! I've been up since 5, and starting to get a little punchy!
5 a.m. ... whew, that's early for Saturday esp to be up this late....I'd probably be punchy a long time ago, laugh! Although last weekend I did go to a Scrapbook Retreat and pulled some long hours, guess it depends on your motivation.

I'm just laying out another page...actually the mojo is going good tonight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Awesome!! It's hard to stop when you're in the groove! I had to do two Make & Takes for the get together this morning, and I figured out my sample for onr of them at 11:30 last night, so I had to get all the pieces cut this morning before hitting the road at 8! LOL

Nothing like the last minute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #79  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Yes

Quote:

Awesome!! It's hard to stop when you're in the groove! I had to do two Make & Takes for the get together this morning, and I figured out my sample for onr of them at 11:30 last night, so I had to get all the pieces cut this morning before hitting the road at 8! LOL

Nothing like the last minute!
but some of my best work and creations are done under pressure! LOL! At least that's what I tell myself so sometimes "last minute" is good! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #80  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amen! I work well under pressure! It's almost like when I have a lot of time, I get stuck deciding on the details, and when I have a deadline I have to just make a decision and run with it!
Reply With Quote Likes