Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow APR10VSBNM ~ Sunday, April 25, 2010 ~ 2:00 PM EST ~ Hoarding

APR10VSBNM ~ Sunday, April 25, 2010 ~ 2:00 PM EST ~ Hoarding
Title: "Hoarding: Buried Alive"
Hostess: Terry ~(eeddmm)
Keyword: APR10VSBNM
Day/Date: Sunday, April 25, 2010
Time: 2:00 PM (EST)

Hoarding goes inside the homes of extreme hoarders to explore the psychology behind their compulsion to accumulate & store large quantities of nonessential things. Each episode tells the stories of hoarders struggling with behavior that has made every day existence unbearable for both them & their loved ones. With the help of expert therapists & organizers, the hoarders will attempt to unlock the key to their obsessions in hope of reclaiming their lives.�

When I told my DH what the theme for this VSBN was, he asked if anyone was using this TV show since it seemed appropriate��HEY�WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? ME?????� LOL!

So, I would like to be your therapist today, hold an intervention and help you use up some of your stash! I know most of us are guilty of buying lots of supplies that we think we cannot do without and then never opening them up or cutting into that paper because then we won�t have it for the really �Special� project yet to come. I�m even guilty of keeping all the receipts (it�s the bookkeeper in me) so I could probably tell you when I got all the stuff I�ve accumulated (I know�really, really bad! So, maybe DH has a point?)

My challenge is for you to make a layout using as much of your stash as you feel you can part with!!!! Use those �Special� supplies and tell us about them. You know we will understand. Find something that is really old and let us know how old it is (if you can remember back that far!) I can�t wait to hear about it! To help you get started, use SBSC122 found here . This is an opportunity to use at least 3 pictures, Ribbons, embellishments, and different papers.

Remember, interpret the challenge however you see fit - it's VSBN! It's not about the rules; it's about getting pictures into albums!!!

Here's my Sample.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, May 2, 2010.
2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, APR10VSBNM, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

Last edited by Lmn; 04-25-2010 at 11:38 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine!

Lily's 4th Bday (RD) by rdoak03 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Terry, I don't think the gallery link is set up.

This will a tough one because I have sooooo much stuff! I'll have to think about what is oldest and try to use it. Great challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Hey Terry! I'm going to do this one after I'm done my digi album...I need to use my stuff :-) I just made a major goof on my last page and had to restart...the key was to crop the 11 pictures using the same size! I'll check with you all later...have fun chatting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Got everything set up now! My write up was so long that it took me over 10 minutes to upload that layout! Should work now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdoak03View Post
You certainly managed to use lots of things on this page! Beads are the one thing I can honestly say I've never bought. I think I've got a bottle of them that I won at a benefit Bingo at a local stamping store once but I've never opened the bottle. Thanks for playing!

I tried to use ribbon on my page but I didn't have the right color (can you imagine?) lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #7  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking here's mine

HEre's my page Scrap Sisters. I used paper that I've had for over 2 years. I've been saving it for "just the right moment". After I thought about it, I'm not sure when that would have been, LOL!

Spring Break
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #8  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YAY!

Quote:

Super cute page Bekah! I really like all the colors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Got everything set up now! My write up was so long that it took me over 10 minutes to upload that layout! Should work now!
You definately dipped into your stash for this one. IS the therapy working or is it making you want to go replenish your stash?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Military WifeView Post
You definately dipped into your stash for this one. IS the therapy working or is it making you want to go replenish your stash?
Therapy is definitely working...I have NO desire to go out and buy anything stamp/scrap related! I was surprised that the Magic Mesh was still sticky! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

I know I have a sheet of paper that I bought in Dryden where my mom lives. I thought it would be great for my wedding scrapbook. Problem is I haven't scrapped any wedding photos and now I'm not sure where it is. If I find it I will also crack open my pack of CM vellum. It has moved twice with me and has not been used yet. Now to go find the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Thanks so much for playing Bekah. Isn't it amazing how quickly things accumulate? I've got this huge box of stickers that I need to spend 10 minutes looking thru each time I do a page just to see if there is something in there I might be able to use up! I'll have to make some cards and use them on cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #13  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Oh My

we have a really bad storm blowing thru right now...if I lose ya hopefully I'll be back soon :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I know I have a sheet of paper that I bought in Dryden where my mom lives. I thought it would be great for my wedding scrapbook. Problem is I haven't scrapped any wedding photos and now I'm not sure where it is. If I find it I will also crack open my pack of CM vellum. It has moved twice with me and has not been used yet. Now to go find the paper.
Good Luck!

When I was going thru paper this morning (I have actually almost completed another paper page today ;-) ) I was looking for some printed 12x12 I remember buying with baby food jars on it but of course I can't find it now. No clue as to where it has gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
HEre's my page Scrap Sisters. I used paper that I've had for over 2 years. I've been saving it for "just the right moment". After I thought about it, I'm not sure when that would have been, LOL!

Spring Break
Thanks for playing along Lela. I'm so glad you used your favorite paper and shared it with us. I love these colors. It's a gorgeous layout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
we have a really bad storm blowing thru right now...if I lose ya hopefully I'll be back soon :rolleyes:
It's been overcast here all day with rain off and on. If you are getting a storm, it'll probably be here before tomorrow morning!

Stay safe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
Terry, I don't think the gallery link is set up.

This will a tough one because I have sooooo much stuff! I'll have to think about what is oldest and try to use it. Great challenge!

Even if it's not the oldest, think of "the most precious". What are you keeping for just that perfect layout? It's kind of like your good china. You save that for special occasions and holidays but what would be more special than serving your family pizza on them to tell your loved ones they are special? I remember an email my GF passed me one time with all the different things we save for special occasions that never seem to happen...I think sometimes scrapping/stamping supplies can be like that too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #18  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face yup!

Quote:

Even if it's not the oldest, think of "the most precious". What are you keeping for just that perfect layout? It's kind of like your good china. You save that for special occasions and holidays but what would be more special than serving your family pizza on them to tell your loved ones they are special? I remember an email my GF passed me one time with all the different things we save for special occasions that never seem to happen...I think sometimes scrapping/stamping supplies can be like that too!
I agree ... I have so many things in my closet and cupboards for the same, :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

I'm finding as I've gotten older that I no longer have the urge to keep something "just in case" I find a use for it down the road. It must have been the turning 50 thing. I am finally starting to declutter my life! That is why I decided this VSBN to try to do some paper pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'm definitely going to do a page for the challenge. I could scrap a page a day for 10 years and not use up all my stash. Yes, my name is Wendy and I am a scrapbook hoarder. Having gotten into digi doesn't help use up the traditional stuff either!

This is one of my favorite challenges, Terry--it so fits!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #21  

Quote:

I'm finding as I've gotten older that I no longer have the urge to keep something "just in case" I find a use for it down the road. It must have been the turning 50 thing. I am finally starting to declutter my life! That is why I decided this VSBN to try to do some paper pages.
I've been doing some decluttering myself these days. But I have trouble giving away any of my scrapping supplies. Guess I'll just have to start using them more to justify 'em!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Hi Wendy. Welcome to our session. There will be no charge other than using up those supplies! LOL! I love your pages. You are so creative...it'll be interesting to hear some of the stories behind some of the things you use!

I'm glad you like the challenge. I couldn't believe it when DH came up with the idea. He can be so funny at times! But at least he's tolerant of all the stuff I've got spread around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I've been doing some decluttering myself these days. But I have trouble giving away any of my scrapping supplies. Guess I'll just have to start using them more to justify 'em!!

I can identify with this. I'm planning on having a garage sale over Memorial Day and DH asked if I was going to sell some of my stuff. Well.....maybe. lol! I've been doing the cards for the church and I figure I've gotten rid of at least 250 sheets of paper so far. That's good, right? (Just don't think about the 300 sheets I just bought for them though) I used up all the older CS that was white/lighter and they tell me they can only make cards with donated supplies and no one has donated any cardstock for bases so I broke down and actually bought something (BUT it wasn't for MY benefit!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #24  

Well, a few years ago, my sister asked me I had any sb/card making stuff I might consider donating to a 13-year-old girl who had been taken away from an abusive household and was in a shelter somewhere. I put together a little kit of papers and some embellishments, some other tools and stamps I had. I bought one of those Iris storage bins that can hold 12x12 paper to put it all in. I felt good about that. And I don't mind sharing my supplies (punches, stamps, trimmers, etc., etc.) but I'm stingy about parting with stuff permanently!! Yep, definitely a hoarder!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #25  

Time to head to my scrapping table. Thanks for the fun challenge, Terry!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
Time to head to my scrapping table. Thanks for the fun challenge, Terry!!
That's a wonderful story. I don't think I would mind sharing things that way either if it was going to a good cause. Have fun scrapping. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #27  
Glitter Guru

my youngest dd likes to make cards and scrap with me. I have to force myself to share papers and embellishments with her. LOL! I tell myself it can be replaced and at least it is being used. I have been going thru my stamp sets trying to pull ones I don't like anymore or haven't used in a long time. I have a big box full to put on ebay but now I keep going to the box when I am making cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
my youngest dd likes to make cards and scrap with me. I have to force myself to share papers and embellishments with her. LOL! I tell myself it can be replaced and at least it is being used. I have been going thru my stamp sets trying to pull ones I don't like anymore or haven't used in a long time. I have a big box full to put on ebay but now I keep going to the box when I am making cards.
That's funny! Gotta put more in that box so they'll get used! I know DGS wants to stamp with me too and I sort of resist that as much as I can without being downright mean about it! But ikwym, why am I keeping these things if I'm not really going to use them up! I think I need to set a weekly date with him and let him go to town! I might just be surprised by how creative he could be given the chance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for stopping by...onto the next challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

You certainly managed to use lots of things on this page! Beads are the one thing I can honestly say I've never bought. I think I've got a bottle of them that I won at a benefit Bingo at a local stamping store once but I've never opened the bottle. Thanks for playing!

I tried to use ribbon on my page but I didn't have the right color (can you imagine?) lol!
I HATE when I don't have the right ribbon- it's maddening, considering how much of it I already have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Terry I LOVE this challenge and will definitely be back later with a sample. I have a great plan in my head-including pics taken when my son was 6w old!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I HATE when I don't have the right ribbon- it's maddening, considering how much of it I already have!
Exactly! I've got a keeper with ribbon and a box with it too and still didn't find a matching color! I considered taking white and stamping on it but I've tried that before and it never looks right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #33  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
Terry I LOVE this challenge and will definitely be back later with a sample. I have a great plan in my head-including pics taken when my son was 6w old!
Can't wait to see it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

I got it done! Sorry for the delay, I wound up with a migraine Sunday night-Monday. But I need to finish these up and get some other projects done too! LOL!

T Hoarding VSBNm by daizees at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks!!! I figure its "special", get it in the scrapbooks where it will be kept "forever"! RIGHT?! haha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
I got it done! Sorry for the delay, I wound up with a migraine Sunday night-Monday. But I need to finish these up and get some other projects done too! LOL!

T Hoarding VSBNm by daizees at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks!!! I figure its "special", get it in the scrapbooks where it will be kept "forever"! RIGHT?! haha!
Wow! Your avatar and those pictures really look different. You've changed a bit since then!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

Here is my submission. The background paper I bought several years ago in the town where my parents live. It survived a 5 hour car ride, 2 hour plane ride and another 1.5 car ride to sit in my stash for years. The purple paper has been in my stash since I sold CM and has survived 2 moves. You gave me a good reason to get started on scrapping my wedding pics. Thank you.
Love by Mil Wife by Military Wife at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Here is my submission. The background paper I bought several years ago in the town where my parents live. It survived a 5 hour car ride, 2 hour plane ride and another 1.5 car ride to sit in my stash for years. The purple paper has been in my stash since I sold CM and has survived 2 moves. You gave me a good reason to get started on scrapping my wedding pics. Thank you.
Love by Mil Wife by Military Wife at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for playing Crystal. I'm so glad all those things survived all your moves. Now at least they'll be in a book for the next move!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #38  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Thanks for playing Crystal. I'm so glad all those things survived all your moves. Now at least they'll be in a book for the next move!
The next move will be this summer. That will make 5 moves in 6 years. I always worry about my albums surviving the move undamaged.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #39  

I'm hoping to get my page done before tomorrow's deadline. I love this theme -- hoarders!!! I have lots to pick from!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #40  

Default At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's mine, with about 30 minutes to spare!!

"B.K."

Terry, this was a BLAST!!! Now that's I've dug through my stash, I know I've got lots more goodies to unload over the next few months!!!

Thanks for such a fun challenge!

Reply With Quote Likes