Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/)
-   -   JUN16VSNE ~ Friday, June 17 - 9 pm EST ~ Jump Those Hurdles ~ peeps321 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-327/jun16vsne-%7E-friday-june-17-9-pm-est-%7E-jump-those-hurdles-%7E-peeps321-610787/)

peeps321 05-21-2016 02:32 AM

JUN16VSNE ~ Friday, June 17 - 9 pm EST ~ Jump Those Hurdles ~ peeps321

6 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Jump Those Hurdles
Hostess: Polly (aka peeps321)
Keyword: JUN16VSNE
Date: Friday June 17th

All of us have moments in life that bring us down or make us feel sad. You might refer to these as life’s little hurdles. One way to overcome some of these is to do something you love. And since we’re all stampers and crafters here on SCS that might mean doing a challenge or making a birthday card for that family member or just connecting with one of our stamping buddies by PM, FaceTime, or by leaving a comment on their card.

So my challenge for you relates to the term hurdle:
Include on your card something you could jump over or get over….a hill, a candlestick, a fence, a cow jumping over a moon, a game of checkers, obstacles, puddles, "the edge", other people (think leapfrog), a jump rope etc.

Or something that jumps:….a frog , a horse, a grasshopper, rabbits, pogo stick, a kangaroo

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Craft Your Passion gallery: HERE
View the Craft Your Passion Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, June 26.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Craft Your Passion VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Craft Your Passion - it's the very bottom of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

LuvLee 06-17-2016 05:00 PM

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...threadmill.gif

peeps321 06-17-2016 05:01 PM

Were you watching me on the treadmill today at the Y??

javagirl984 06-17-2016 05:08 PM

Another great challenge. I'll have to dig into my supplies to find something for jumping.

JBgreendawn 06-17-2016 05:13 PM

Polly... my brain says... Mexican jumping beans... but my mind see's them as COFFEE beans lol... ( this is probably gonna be a sometime tomorrowish/sunday ish one for me)

peeps321 06-17-2016 05:19 PM

Stacy doesn't coffee make some people "jumpy"..that could work? Maybe??

tessaduck 06-17-2016 05:26 PM

Here 'tis: JUN16VSNE hey, girlie!

totally CAS

smadson 06-17-2016 05:31 PM

Hi! here is mine: All Dressed Up

Polly, I loved your cow jumping over the moon card! So cute.
Great challenge! Thank you for hostessing.

dani_fournier 06-17-2016 05:33 PM

If you can jump up...I guess you can jump down!

...down the rabbit hole! by dani_fournier - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CraftyMerla 06-17-2016 05:51 PM

Polly here is my card. I'm not a fan member so it may take awhile before it's approved

Christmas Jump

JBgreendawn 06-17-2016 06:10 PM

not in my case, just finished cupajoe#7 for today, and I could fall over and snore... its just there is the summer coffee blog hop started today too so that's probably why my brain went that away... :) I'll figure something out.

princessrandi82 06-17-2016 06:13 PM

Bikes can jump, right? He he he... Here is my card JUN16VSNE - RMW

peeps321 06-18-2016 03:30 AM

I just checked the gallery this morning and I have to say you guys are rocking it!! We've got frogs playing leapfrog, a girl jumping rope, a bunny jumping down the bunny hole, 2 frog buddies enjoying a beer, horses, a snowboarder, a skateboarder, a bike, a goat, bunnies, a cow jumping over a moon....whoa!! Can't wait to see what everyone does today. :p Isn't VSN fun?? ;)

I just realized we could start a zoo with all these animals...:rolleyes:

Margscardcrazy 06-18-2016 04:52 AM

OK guys so here are two more cute little mischievous frogs, Hip Hop Hooray, loved doing this card and I actually like it which is unusual for me, I'm never happy with my cards most of the time and the ones I do like most other people don't and vise versa :lol:

smadson 06-18-2016 06:13 AM

Cute frogs , Marge! Prolly, you do have a zoo gallery! LOL. It was a great challenge!

snietje 06-18-2016 07:00 AM

And here is number five, I have a lot of fun and if you could see my desk...with our French time my son asked me at half past eleven, aren't you cooking today?? euhhh what time is it... I'm ready for the next, we've got 6 hours between you and me so when you'regoing to start I will be eating I'll come back later, but here is my take on jump those hurdles

brave the wave picture number 2 by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
brave the wave by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Snietje

sunstamper 06-18-2016 08:10 AM

Who doesn't love puddle jumping?

kenaijo 06-18-2016 10:32 AM

The challenge was to make a card related to hurdles or things that can jump or be jumped over. It took me forever to think about this one. Since I could not think of a stamp that I had that represented this, I started thinking about jumping over hurdles in life. I have a friend who is currently faced with one hurdle after another in her life right now and I plan on sending this card to her and I remembered as a child playing outside running around and jumping over the flowers in my mom's flower bed (she was not happy about it either because we never made it over and always smashed a flower or two). Here is my card: JUN16VSNE My Friend by kenaijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 06-18-2016 10:44 AM

I'm back...just went to see Finding Dory...cute..the nephews loved it! Now I need to check out all the cards I missed! :)

cdimick 06-18-2016 02:35 PM

Here is my punny bunny. I uploaded before going to bed but didn't link it here yet. TFL.
JUN16VSNE Jump Those Hurdles Bunny by cdimick - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Geenz 06-18-2016 07:41 PM

Thank you for the challenge, Polly!
G's Morning Horse Hurdle by Geenz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sue28 06-19-2016 01:45 AM

Polly, I am going to make time tomorrow to join in with your fun challenge and make my first ever VSN challenge card! Maybe an Aussie hurdler!!!

Scraperwannabe 06-19-2016 12:01 PM

Here's mine:
JUN16VSNE Jumpin on the Bed by Scraperwannabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

annsforte3 06-19-2016 03:35 PM

Trying to Jump, counts right?

Hey Polly, fantastic challenge!! Here is my card!

Sorry have been sick with a cold all weekend but I am recovering in my craft space!!

JBgreendawn 06-19-2016 03:54 PM

jumpin java beans Polly :mrgreen:
JUN16VSNE Jumpin' Java Beans! by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Elise17 06-20-2016 06:07 PM

My nephew and his wife just announced that they are expecting their first baby! I had just seen Jennifer McGuire's video with a moon over the cut out portion of a card, and thought of The Cow Jumped over the Moon, so I went with that idea. I did lots of adapting, and ended up using a piece of transparency to hold the pieces of the card front together. T & L's Baby Card by Elise17 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Jennifer's blog post is here.

Kelly H 06-20-2016 08:33 PM

Finally finished this one!

JUN16VSNE Jumping Lambs by Kelly H - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Nynaeve252 06-20-2016 09:06 PM

Oooo....there were so many ways to go with this one. Fun challenge!

Frogs Jump

hotwheels 06-22-2016 07:55 PM

Here's my card, Thanks Hotwheels
Jump Those Hurdles by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers