Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2018, 01:29 AM   #121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLeeView Post
Jayne...so very happy to have you along and so glad you enjoyed it!! The main VSN is next month and hope you are ready to jump in again!!

Just wanted to remind you though you do have a whole hour...not only 45 minutes to play!

Thanks Lee for this and I will definitely try next month dependent upon our commitments at home.

I think someone did mention an hour to me but I thought that included posting as well and I thought 45 mins was the time to make the card??

I like the idea of giving myself a time limit and would like to create quicker. Usually the less time I take and the simpler cards I make, they appeal more to me and my friends. :razz: Unfortunately I love mixed media but overdo things :rolleyes: and it takes way too time to dry things. I've saved some leaves from some flowers and will add those to my compost later LOL.

Happy Monday and thank you
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2018, 02:33 AM   #122  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Happy Monday everyone...phew I went in the biggie last weekend...the VSN and still have some challenges to complete. It was awesome and I admire all of the ladies who stayed up late and those who finished all of the challenges...go girls!

I thought I had learnt from the last one but here's what I learnt this time....

- When you read all of the times and explanations of how the VSN works, read again...preferably 3 or more times. I still got the times and instructions wrong LOL :rolleyes:

- Definitely have the coffee before you start....it helps the creative process - and make sure the coffee machine is on all day ;)

- Keep biccie and choccies close to hand...to go with the coffee...unless you are having a glass of wine...then get the cheese/dips/nibblies/biccies out :rolleyes:

- Send hubby and anyone else at home out for the day ;) You don't need distractions when crafting

- Turn mobile off - see note above - you don't need distractions

- Have takeaway all day - see 2 notes above - you don't need distractions LOL

- Know where your stamps/dies are for a particular challenge or use what you got out in the first place....your craft table doesn't need more :rolleyes:

- Take photos in daylight and make sure hands are clean and don't have ink on them

- Go back to note #1 above - read ALL instructions and do as asked. I still forgot to include the challenge keywords in my description but I did manage to post them in the correct threads this time.

Above all, have fun. It's awesome. Thanks ladies who host these. You are amazing.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2018, 02:59 AM   #123  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 455 Likes on 202 Posts

This was so helpful...I read it from "cover to cover." It really help me understanding what could be pre-done before you starting time the making of your card. I even saw one comments that pre-cutting die-cut is okay as well...RIGHT?

Also, help me learn what to do to organize before starting...great food for thought and doing!
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2019, 04:36 AM   #124  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

I have learned that the hostesses are very generous with their time and their creative ideas.

I have learned that I can fudge a little on the time rule, if I don't get on to the challenge as soon as it appears. I try to stay about 2 or 3 behind (sometimes to fit my own time committments). It lets my mind have some extra time to think of possibilities and doing a quick mental inventory of what I have on hand that would fit the bill. So am I cheating by not counting some thinking time, and only counting the creating time and gathering time?

I have also learned that if I take a few minutes between the cards I load, I go leave a few comments for others. Sometimes when you go to check on your cards it is discouraging seeing that no one seems to have taken notice. Sometimes it is a great way to generate my own mojo when I am at a stand still on ideas to see the ideas of others. Afterall, isn't that the real reason I love this place anyway?

I have always made a new friend or two in the process of a VSN.

Last edited by lazylizard; 12-14-2019 at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2019, 07:25 AM   #125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

These are so great to share! And I know I used to be so good at commenting and need to get back on track!!
Reply With Quote Likes