Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zip Dry Glue - Won't Come Out!

I had purchased a few extra bottles of Zip Dry Glue about 3 months ago. I went to use them today and the glue does not come out of the bottle. It looks a little cloudy as well. I opened the second bottle and I am having the same issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? The bottles were laying on their side in the drawer - could this be the problem?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know but I feel for you. I get very frustrated sometimes with this glue. I only use it when I have a lot to glue as I know I will have to clean out the tip before and after. . . Good luck

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the glue flow easily within the bottle, or is it really "goopy" for lack of a better word? If it is goopy, try heating the bottle by placing in a pot of warm water. If it is not goopy, but the tip is blocked, try using a pin to clear the end. I have had it happen where I have to tease out a congealed bit, and really pull - a quite long stringy piece of glue will eventually pull out. Also, I find that Zip Dry doesn't really come out very liquidy at all, so if you are expecting it to be very liquid (almost water like) then I think you will be disappointed.

I stopped using Zip Dry glue because of these reasons - I was losing almost half a bottle of glue each time. I switched to Heidi Swapp's Scrappy glue, and have been very happy with it, especially for large volume needs. Takes a few seconds to set up, but once it is set, it really sticks.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I had the same trouble with Zip Dry glue. My first bottle worked well at first, then the glue congealed. I could scoop some out with a stick, but it wouldn't spread. I tried another bottle, and the same thing happened. I'm through with it. I'll have to look for the Scrappy glue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

I have bought bottles of this glue in the past and had never had a problem til now. It does seem congealed. I don't think I will be buying any more of this type of glue - will have to look for something else.

I have also seen the Martha Stewart Permanent Glue at Michael's. Has anyone tried this glue and do you like it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I really really LOVE zip dry glue. It has been very good to me, I did stop using it for a while and my bottle got cloudy and overly goopy so I tossed it. I guess I figured it was "old" so I appreciate the tip on setting it in some hot water, sort of like honey right? I will try to remember that for next time.
Reply With Quote Likes