Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Yet another Copic thread

Copics were a must have on x-mas wish list this year, and I email my DH a list of the colors I'd like to start with....guessing by the total I saw on the online bank statement, I'm pretty sure he got me one of the 72 count sets from oozak (yea!!!)....do you think it'd be tacky of me to go ahead and order paper and an ink pad now so that it's here by the time x-mas comes and I can play with my copics???? ;)

Is there a site where I can buy BOTH good paper for copics AND an ink pad that won't run??? I'm getting confused reading all the threads about what everyone uses. As far as the paper goes, I want something affordable (including shipping) that allows the ink to show thru on the back, as that seems the easiest for me to gage how my coloring is going along....and I was leaning towards the tuxedo blk ink by momento ( I think that's what it is called...) is that the least likely to bleed? For some reason I haven't been able to find the ink pads or the paper everyone is talking about in an actual store (I only have J's, M's and a Dicks's - which is tiny).

TIA!!

Nicole:-D
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Do you know where I can get a chart so that I can keep up with the colors I already have?
Stacey ~ TAC #3915 ~ Wingin' it in NC

YOU are a TREASURE, not a target! (Chad Eastman)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Here is a pdf you can save and print: copic color chart

If that's what you had in mind anyway.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BingalingView Post
Copics were a must have on x-mas wish list this year, and I email my DH a list of the colors I'd like to start with....guessing by the total I saw on the online bank statement, I'm pretty sure he got me one of the 72 count sets from oozak (yea!!!)....do you think it'd be tacky of me to go ahead and order paper and an ink pad now so that it's here by the time x-mas comes and I can play with my copics???? ;)

Is there a site where I can buy BOTH good paper for copics AND an ink pad that won't run??? I'm getting confused reading all the threads about what everyone uses. As far as the paper goes, I want something affordable (including shipping) that allows the ink to show thru on the back, as that seems the easiest for me to gage how my coloring is going along....and I was leaning towards the tuxedo blk ink by momento ( I think that's what it is called...) is that the least likely to bleed? For some reason I haven't been able to find the ink pads or the paper everyone is talking about in an actual store (I only have J's, M's and a Dicks's - which is tiny).

TIA!!

Nicole:-D
I don't think it is tacky to order the paper and ink, if your DH didn't get the Copic's like you think he did then you are ahead of the game when you do get your Copic's.

I have tried different kinds of paper and so far I have found that PTI Cardstock works the best for me, I know that it is a little more expensive for shipping but it is worth the cost. I think that PTI sells the tuxedo black ink but I am not sure as I ordered my ink from a different store (I can't remember which one but it was either Stampin Bella or 7Kids College Fund). Hope that DH got you what you wanted for Christmas, the Copic's are so much fun to use and very addictive, I have over 200 of them and I now want all of them. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

TBH - I have been having good results with my Walmart Georgia Pacific cardstock. Unless I was doing this for profit etc to me it works fine and looks fine and in this economy suits my budget just fine too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I love, love Gina K's Luxury white. It is soooo smooth, copics glide like butter. I have had good luck with Pallette Noir Black ink for stamping. HTH.

BTW, can anyone change the pdf (I'm totally eh?? on pdf) color chart so it prints out in 2-3 pages instead of only one? The No.'s and colors are so iddy biddy I c'nardly read em. Tanks much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

There are a few color charts in the download - lists section here on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrampingramView Post
I love, love Gina K's Luxury white. It is soooo smooth, copics glide like butter. I have had good luck with Pallette Noir Black ink for stamping. HTH.

BTW, can anyone change the pdf (I'm totally eh?? on pdf) color chart so it prints out in 2-3 pages instead of only one? The No.'s and colors are so iddy biddy I c'nardly read em. Tanks much.
I am not an expert but I do know that when you are printing a pdf you should get a screen before you click on "OK" to actually print it. On that screen will be something about "shrink to fit"--make sure that is NOT clicked. There is also a section that lets you adjust the size...
I know that isn't very detailed but maybe it will help you, because it's not so much the document that needs to be changed as the setting for printing, KWIM?

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

I use Georgia Pacific cardstock from Wal-mart and Memento tuxedo black ink. I have the dew drop size pad right now because I had a hard time finding the full sized for a reasonable price with shipping. I got mine off of ebay for $3 including shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

It's not tacky, I think it's called being *prepared*. ;)

I have used almost all of the suggested inks for copics and my favorite hands down is Memento. So far my favorite paper is PTI's white. I haven't tried Gina K's luxury white, but I read that the ink doesn't soak through the back.

If you want to buy both ink and paper in one place I'd go to PTI and buy the Palette Noir ink and PTI's white cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Palette Ink and Brilliance Ink both work for Copics but you have to heat set them.

Memento Tuxedo Black does NOT need to be hear set and there is NO running at all. I colored this image about a second after I stamped it and it didn't run at all. I prefer not to heat set the ink if I don't have to.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Gina - that looks incredible! My Pure Luxury should be here today! Cannot WAIT to lay the ink to that stuff...I got to use a single piece at a recent girlfriend get away...it was AWESOME!

Your image looks to crisp and clean - LOVE IT!

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

So if I have this write, I can either go with Gina K paper and Momento at Gina K's site OR PTI paper and Palette Ink at ellenhurst? Guess I'll check prices and shipping times and go from there. I don't know about heat setting so I'm leaning towards the Momento ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

For those of you looking for charts...the best ones are at www.copicmarker.com
Click on Library...and there are all kinds of charts...a fill in, and a color list...etc. There is also a great color wheel one that shows which colors are nearly identical, so you don't end up buying two that would be interchangeable.

I use Memento ink too...not only is it ready immediately without heat-setting...it's cheaper than Brilliance! Always a plus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2008, 06:41 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I ended up ordering the Momento black ink and Neehah (sp?) paper from 7kidscollegefund because the shipping was cheaper than the other site I was on. I was tempted to buy some rachel ann miller stamps but this close to x-mas I couldn't do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

as a fellow copic addict, what I have found that is working for me is SU whisper white, and then versafine. I however almost always 99.9% of the time emboss my stamped image before colouring it in. I have found that it just really pops out on my card/tag etc when it's embossed. I just use clear embossing powder. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

as a fellow copic addict, what I have found that is working for me is SU whisper white, and then versafine. I however almost always 99.9% of the time emboss my stamped image before colouring it in. I have found that it just really pops out on my card/tag etc when it's embossed. I just use clear embossing powder. Just my 2 cents.

I thought I read somewhere on here that the copics will "eat" the embossing powder??? Now I'm wishing I'd waited to order that stuff as I already have SU whisper white AND the black versafine ink pad....oh well I guess. Is the embossing thing just a myth??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I use the Neenah White and Memento inks and love them. They are recommended by Marianne at the Copic class she teaches. You will be happy with your choices.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Clear embossing powder will work. I've had the alcohol markers "eat" metallic embossing powder, but I've not had any trouble with clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

I strongly suggest that you do NOT use SU! Whisper White paper. This will work for flat coloring, but to truly get the most from your Copics you need to choose a different paper. PTI, Gina K, and Neenah are all great. Georgia Pacific is OK (I have really high standards, so it bugs me a bit).

SU paper is intended for their waterbased markers and is coated. Copic blend better on paper that is not coated. You will get no streaking and rich vibrant colors.

Too many people are not exploring the full range of effects they can get from Copics. If you're going to invest the money on the pen then it makes sense to invest just as much time and effort into getting more from your markers. I would not regret spending money getting the special paper and a memento pad. You will be happy and not frustrated from your small investment (compared to the cost of the markers).
Reply With Quote Likes