Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Wow! Office Depot and Really Useful Boxes (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/wow-office-depot-really-useful-boxes-366470/)

McStamper 07-24-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisa31707 (Post 10663745)
Yes you do. I am sorry to be an enabler. LOL

Yea me too. Ha Ha Ha!

sprtchick 07-24-2008 10:53 PM

I have 8 of the 3 Liter size. They hold all kinds of goodies. I just got the last two earlier this evening. One is orange and one is teal. My Office Depot had a whole bunch of new ones right by the entrance. It was hard to choose what color to get. I love these two and second the person who said they are great for CD/unmounted stamp storage. You can easily fit 19 CD cases in and one more on the side. Blessings..

Lynnette0113 07-25-2008 09:40 AM

This is such an awesome thing! Hopefully SCS sees what wonderful products these are and put them here as well!

Way to Go, Barb!!!

StampingV 07-25-2008 11:33 AM

Congrats on your surprise! Too cool.
Does the 34 quart hold 12 x 12 paper? That's a container I've been looking for and this looks like something that would fit my need.

Thanks
V

McStamper 07-25-2008 01:04 PM

The boxs that they sent me for 12 x 12 paper seen here:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u...b25_0litre.php

are 25 litre. They had to send the folders to me from the UK so I don't know that they are ready to start selling these in the US yet. This was the whole point of me writing to Office Depot because I want to be able to purchase the boxes and the folders. I think it's a great product and hope that someday I will be able to find them on some companies shelf.

Stampin' Annie 07-25-2008 01:18 PM

Woohoo for you! You are one lucky girl!

It's not only great customer service, but they just got a bunch of free advertising. Over 1100 people have looked at this thread, and many who've commented sound like they're going to buy some. Bet they make the money from your free gifts back in full and then some. :mrgreen:

pushmonkeyjunkie 07-25-2008 01:23 PM

They will certainly make some money from me just as soon as I find the store that carries them here. Those boxes are great!

McStamper 07-25-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Annie (Post 10673612)
Woohoo for you! You are one lucky girl!

It's not only great customer service, but they just got a bunch of free advertising. Over 1100 people have looked at this thread, and many who've commented sound like they're going to buy some. Bet they make the money from your free gifts back in full and then some. :mrgreen:

Yes I'm sure your right once some company out there starts carring them there will be a lot of happy scrapbookers.

edie3 07-25-2008 03:54 PM

What box holds 12 x 12 paper? And how many sheets do you think will find into each one? Thanks!

McStamper 07-25-2008 05:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by edie3 (Post 10675566)
What box holds 12 x 12 paper? And how many sheets do you think will find into each one? Thanks!

First photo 25 litre size should hold about 7" of paper minus any room the folders take up.

One of the other boxes I got, size 7 litre size, second photo will hold 2 1/2 inches I think. Maybe an inch and a half of paper with the insert they sent inside.
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b07_0litre.php

Here is a pic of the insert. It's sweet!
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u...ay4LLipped.php

McStamper 07-25-2008 05:29 PM

Sorry the last link for the insert was wrong this is the correct one.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u...iderTray7L.php

edie3 07-25-2008 06:32 PM

thanks for the info!

momerath42 07-26-2008 01:53 AM

Maybe I will try writing to my local Office Depot...

JanTInk 07-26-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McStamper (Post 10673468)
The boxs that they sent me for 12 x 12 paper seen here:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u...b25_0litre.php

are 25 litre. They had to send the folders to me from the UK so I don't know that they are ready to start selling these in the US yet. This was the whole point of me writing to Office Depot because I want to be able to purchase the boxes and the folders. I think it's a great product and hope that someday I will be able to find them on some companies shelf.

Well, according to their website, they are opening warehouses in the US and their US webstore should go live sometime in August:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/

I bought a couple of the 3 litre boxes at Office Depot a while back and I have to say they are perfect for cards...I'm always looking for good storage boxes and had bought some different ones that I was not as satisfied with. I'll be waiting for the full webstore to open next month!

McStamper 07-26-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk (Post 10681332)
Well, according to their website, they are opening warehouses in the US and their US webstore should go live sometime in August:

I bought a couple of the 3 litre boxes at Office Depot a while back and I have to say they are perfect for cards...I'm always looking for good storage boxes and had bought some different ones that I was not as satisfied with. I'll be waiting for the full webstore to open next month!

I was excited when I read about the web store too, but I'd love to be able to purchase these in local brick and morter stores to save on shipping costs.

craftingcaren 07-26-2008 05:45 PM

Ooooh! I need one too!

tmurph36 07-26-2008 07:10 PM

Yes, I think I could find great uses for these... I have lots of nice paper that needs a great, safe place to live.

kimz1959 07-27-2008 05:54 AM

I bought the 32qt Really Useful Box thinking it was the 25 ltr container that fits the sb paper. Needless to say it didn't and got returned. what I found is that Rubbermaid sells this tote, works for 12x12 paper and holds a lot! I'm altering file folders I already have to fit:

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...d&category_Id=

mastamper 07-27-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk (Post 10681332)

Hmm, their warehouse is somewhere in Illinois. Do you think it will be in the Chicago area and can we just stop on by and pick a few up? :-D

McStamper 07-27-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimz1959 (Post 10691071)
I bought the 32qt Really Useful Box thinking it was the 25 ltr container that fits the sb paper. Needless to say it didn't and got returned. what I found is that Rubbermaid sells this tote, works for 12x12 paper and holds a lot! I'm altering file folders I already have to fit:

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...d&category_Id=

Is there 12" of depth from where the files hooks rest on the lip edge? Does that make sense? Will your paper be supported from the top of the folder or rest on the bottom?

McStamper 07-27-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastamper (Post 10691982)
Hmm, their warehouse is somewhere in Illinois. Do you think it will be in the Chicago area and can we just stop on by and pick a few up? :-D

The retun address I had on my boxes was in Elk Grove Village, IL.

stampencamper 07-27-2008 10:40 AM

they do seem to be the most durable of boxes, even used by police department for archival records. and every size imaginable. They even have a USA home page. Will have to try and find a staples, and home depot to save on shipping cost I'm not sure I don't understand why they don't have convertible measurments for USA to figure out, they have it for some, but I suppose shipping is way out of line anyway

kimz1959 07-27-2008 10:41 AM

No there isn't, the paper will be over the top of the file, but the lid is tall enough to cover the tops without damage and giving you the option of seeing what paper you have immediately. I am cutting up regular file folders and adding 1 1/4 inches to the bottom of the hanging folder. Will take a pic and add later.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by McStamper (Post 10692846)
Is there 12" of depth from where the files hooks rest on the lip edge? Does that make sense? Will your paper be supported from the top of the folder or rest on the bottom?

inego 07-27-2008 11:06 AM

I love mine too! I got a bunch of pink ones a while back when I was looking for some pink ribbon stuff. I only wish they had the bigger ones here in store

littlegto 07-27-2008 11:15 AM

I ordered on Thursday afternoon. Because the total was over 70.00 (?) I didn't pay for shipping. I received them Friday morning. Not to bad I say!
These boxes are fab! Sturdy too! Order ladies order! LOL!

McStamper 07-27-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlegto (Post 10693741)
I ordered on Thursday afternoon. Because the total was over 70.00 (?) I didn't pay for shipping. I received them Friday morning. Not to bad I say!

Cool, what did you order? Did you order from the site in the UK?

bethvb 07-27-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlegto (Post 10693741)

I'm curious also, did you order from the office depot or the UK?

g33kgr1 07-28-2008 05:08 AM

Oh, I am so watching this thread... I have been waiting to move my 12x12 paper storage vertical! The 12x12 container with the tray for matching embellishments is a dream!

Waiting to hear if people are ordering from the UK site or if US ordering is available yet...

Cat 07-28-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 10666234)
...I love these two and second the person who said they are great for CD/unmounted stamp storage. You can easily fit 19 CD cases in and one more on the side. Blessings..

i've been looking for something for my CD/stamp storage. i have a box, but hate that the lid doesn't fit well. this looks PERFECT. i may have to stop into OD too :)

RiverIsis 07-28-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat (Post 10701174)
i've been looking for something for my CD/stamp storage. i have a box, but hate that the lid doesn't fit well. this looks PERFECT. i may have to stop into OD too :)

I actually transported my See D's in the CD box from England to US in my suitcase. The lid if you don't want to use it at the moment will sit underneath the container quite easily - when the lids are on the containers of the same size they stack quite nicely.

What I will say is that once full they definitely aren't lightweight! so if people have lifting issues this may not be their answer.

Cat 07-28-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 10701963)
I actually transported my See D's in the CD box from England to US in my suitcase. The lid if you don't want to use it at the moment will sit underneath the container quite easily - when the lids are on the containers of the same size they stack quite nicely.

What I will say is that once full they definitely aren't lightweight! so if people have lifting issues this may not be their answer.

thanks for your comments! i really hoped they would be stackable. i don't see using the boxes as portable. i usually pick what i need from my closet storage and carry it out to my dining room. but, i want something that will stack, maybe even on it's side. i'm using the rubbermaid boxes like these, but they don't stack whatsoever and you have to find someplace to store the lids!

Vee 08-07-2008 07:48 AM

We have been using these boxes for years. Got them when we lived in Europe and were excited to hear they were coming to USA! We love them for garage storage. They are sturdier than most stuff for stacking heavy items, the sides are straight rather than tapered, so you can store smaller boxes all the way down in them. You can see through as as to easily find the Christmas decorations and they stack so nicely with no tipping. Love 'em! I forgot to say that many of the smaller boxes stack perfectly on top of larger ones. Say 2 X boxes are the same size as the top of one Y box, etc.

Westwind 08-07-2008 08:32 AM

Wow, those are awesome...thanks for letting us know!

Sandra

RiverIsis 08-07-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vee (Post 10832533)
We have been using these boxes for years. Got them when we lived in Europe and were excited to hear they were coming to USA! We love them for garage storage. They are sturdier than most stuff for stacking heavy items, the sides are straight rather than tapered, so you can store smaller boxes all the way down in them. You can see through as as to easily find the Christmas decorations and they stack so nicely with no tipping. Love 'em! I forgot to say that many of the smaller boxes stack perfectly on top of larger ones. Say 2 X boxes are the same size as the top of one Y box, etc.

I hope they hurry up and get completely stocked over here - we are clearing out my mother's garage:rolleyes: and she used the cardboard boxes that paper comes in for her storage- I like to see through storage and not worry that the lid will accidentally shift off so these are definitely on my need list!

scrappinmomof5 08-07-2008 12:24 PM

Too cool.. I gotta check out them there boxes.. LOL.. Really, I share my scrap space with my 9 month old.. yea Ugh.. and he has more room in his room than I do. LOL.. I need some organization

Tanya

sprtchick 08-07-2008 02:38 PM

the 3 Liter ones stack and lock together nicely too.
Blessings.

JMB073 10-28-2008 05:17 AM

Thank you so much for letting us all know about these boxes, McStamper! I just ordered three of the 3 liter size from Office Depot; I'm actually going to pick them up at a nearby store to save on the shipping (which would have cost $9.95).

I love the way these boxes look in your photos, so I'm thrilled to be getting them! Thanks again for filling us in -- I love to get things that come with good recommendations!

Dora 05-05-2009 07:26 AM

Have you filled the 12x12 box and files yet? I wonder how much paper they hold.
Dora

sandi1152 05-05-2009 06:22 PM

I've been using the Really Useful Boxes for years. I love, love, love the colors and have every color they make. I use them in my scrapbook room and in my classroom's at 2 schools. I can't believe it, but I do not own any clear containers!

I'm a music teacher and the 3L size holds my CD's perfectly. Each container holds 18 CD's.

ldsk34 05-06-2009 03:50 AM

I have these boxes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dora (Post 13970031)
Have you filled the 12x12 box and files yet? I wonder how much paper they hold.
Dora

I have these boxes and they hold A LOT of paper. I am very pleased with them. I don't have anyone who carries them locally, not even my Office Depot, so when I got them they were a welcome addition to my room. When I go mobile they are easy to transport. They stack nicely.

Good luck.