Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Wow! Office Depot and Really Useful Boxes (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/wow-office-depot-really-useful-boxes-366470/)

McStamper 07-23-2008 02:44 PM

Wow! Office Depot and Really Useful Boxes

3 Attachment(s)
I have a wonderful story to share about the awesome customer service I received from Office Depot and Really Useful Boxes.

A few weeks ago I walked into Office Depot and saw some cute boxes that I thought would be perfect for storing cards. Photo 1, I loved everything about them, they are really heavy duty and I love the way they lock up tight with the handles. I had recently moved my stamping area in to the basement and was worried about things getting damp. I liked these boxes so much I looked up the web site for Really Useful Boxes and was in awe of all the wonderful shapes and sizes I saw when I looked at their craft boxes here. http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u.../rub_craft.php

I got so excited but realized these are sold in the UK. After a bit more research I found out that Really Useful Boxes was coming to the US I think they are gearing up right now. I knew the box to store 12 x 12 paper was something I had to have. It is just perfect for my needs, hanging files keeps the paper organized and straight, the box would keep the moisture out. I contacted Office Depot by email to find out if they are going to carry any of the other sizes. I got a reply thanking me for my interest in the product and was asked to send my address because they would like to send me something for contacting them.

Well take a look at photo 2, I just about fell on the floor when I received all of these wonderful boxes. The large ones will hold so many different things, I plan to use them for storing cardstock in hanging folders, the two blue boxes are the ones that hold 12 x 12 paper! The smaller short boxes have two layers of compartments for emblishments and the larger short boxes will hold 12 x 12 paper on the bottom then has pull out section above that will hold anything you might need to go to a crop.

I contacted Office Depot to thank them for their very, very generous gift. I had really thought they might send me a coupon or something, I never dreamed they would send me so many awesome boxes. I wondered if they also had the folders for the 12 x 12 paper because the ones I had were too large. The reply I received said not to worry, I had another package on the way. Well today I received a box from England it contained another box for holding 12 x 12 paper and 22 hanging folders!!!!! Photo 3

Somebody pinch me! I can�t believe it, I could never have imagined I would get such a wonderful response from a email.

Looking at the Office Depot site here shows they are bringing in more sizes.
http://www.officedepot.com/textSearc...oxes&x=10&y=13

I don�t know if they will carry the different �Craft boxes� or not, but I sure will be keeping a look out for them.

I know this is a long post but I just had to share my excitement with you all. I think these are products that will fill the need for many of us!

Please note I have no affiliation with either company I�m just a very happy customer!

RiverIsis 07-23-2008 02:48 PM

WOW! Oh! WOW!... I love Really Useful Boxes I have loads of my craft stuff in them! well done!

jimandbeth1 07-23-2008 02:51 PM

Amazing story what generous customer service!

Sweetsea 07-23-2008 02:52 PM

Happy for You!

Wow! What a treasure! I've looked for years at Office Depot and Staples for 12 x 12 file storage boxes and finally gave up. I'm glad Office Depot is finally going to sell some. I am so excited for you! You will be so organized down in that basement.

cjbapp 07-23-2008 02:53 PM

Makes me want to email every company I know!!

Yay for you!! And they do look USEFUL! :)

RiverIsis 07-23-2008 02:54 PM

I pretty much had the majority of my craft stuff in Really Useful Boxes when I moved - I wonder if that is why I had so few problems with damage?

I currently have my clearstamps in the box to store CD. They are really sturdy.

photocropper 07-23-2008 02:56 PM

OH I bought one of those boxes in pink back in April! I love it!

Awesome Customer Service!

geekgirl415 07-23-2008 03:03 PM

Wow!!! that is sooo coool! Office Depot is awesome- you lucky girl!

Cathy H 07-23-2008 04:19 PM

So happy for you!

bobkitten 07-23-2008 04:23 PM

These are awesome! I'll have to find an Office Depot!

GnarlyGirl 07-23-2008 04:24 PM

Woohoo!! Those are on my "must have" list!!!

kisa31707 07-23-2008 04:25 PM

Hi Barb.

Thank you for sharing the storage box information. I just moved into my new stamping/scrapping space and I need some of the card storage boxes. Are they the 5.99 boxes on the Office Depot site?

Kisa

McStamper 07-23-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisa31707 (Post 10645758)
Hi Barb.

Thank you for sharing the storage box information. I just moved into my new stamping/scrapping space and I need some of the card storage boxes. Are they the 5.99 boxes on the Office Depot site?

Kisa

Yes they are the 3 liter size. I'll mention that they are not as long as a shoe box, but they sure are nicer. I'm hoping they will keep the dampness from the basement out of my cards. The interior measurements are about 6 x 8 inches a bit less the 6" deep.

jazz4 07-23-2008 04:53 PM

Wow they sent you all of that. I'll have to start watching Office Depot for them. They look pretty darn useful. Thanks for telling us about them.

scrappylilstamper 07-23-2008 05:24 PM

DAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!! I sure hope you picked up a lottery ticket while you were out! What awesome boxes!!! I need some better storage solutions as well! Now to find the nearest Office Depot.........;) Thanks so much for sharing such a positive experience!

Card Maker 01 07-23-2008 05:29 PM

Wow!

Good for you! Now I would definitely say that was Customer Service!!!!

Thanks for showing us the other styles...those flat 12" x 12" would be great for rubber stamps...

I have 10 of the 3L and love them. In fact, my father saw them and confiscated one for his loose stuff out in the garage, lol

jtax 07-23-2008 05:35 PM

WooHoo! What awesome service!!! Those are great boxes - I bought several last summer at Staples - mine are blue and I love them!

LateNightScrappin 07-23-2008 07:34 PM

Holy Smokes!! What a great story! Those containers look awesome!!! Thank you for sharing the link-- I think I will be doing some shopping....... and I work for STAPLES .... *snicker*
Our little store does not have this selection.

jtax 07-23-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNightScrappin (Post 10648464)
Holy Smokes!! What a great story! Those containers look awesome!!! Thank you for sharing the link-- I think I will be doing some shopping....... and I work for STAPLES .... *snicker*
Our little store does not have this selection.

I think that when I bought mine last summer (Rockland, ME) it was a "special buy" not something that they regularly carry. Maybe your store will get some!

schlozb 07-23-2008 08:51 PM

Wow, what amazing customer service! The boxes look really wonderful but the only office supply store around here is Staples.

ldsk34 07-24-2008 03:34 AM

So glad to hear the good stories and Kudos to you. Thanks for sharing. I am looking to find something that I can carry my 12 x 12 paper in "on the go" and this looks like the perfect solution.

lcmdws 07-24-2008 03:51 AM

Office Depot just got some new and returning customers, didn't they? Wonder if someone there knows SCS and knew they would be plugged?? Woudln't that be cool? Now, send that email and the photos of the responses to all the other big companies that you want to carry stuff WE need! You have the touch, Barb. Congrats and Thanks for sharing.

kimz1959 07-24-2008 07:22 AM

I just ordered one from Office Depot for my scrapbook paper and will get it tomorrow :-D So excited, guess who's going to be organizing this weekend!!!!

ldsk34 07-24-2008 08:25 AM

Hey Ladies, FYI
I just contacted really useful products via email and they are talking to Hobby Lobby about carrying there products. This is great. But not for me the closest Hobby Lobby is about 3 hours away. I will try my local Office Depot and hope they carry it, maybe, just maybe they can order the 12 x 12 paper box for me.

CindyL 07-24-2008 08:45 AM

Barb, great boxes! Thanks for sharing the info with us. Hope OD gets them here in the US soon.

Anna741 07-24-2008 08:54 AM

Wow! Thanks for sharing such a great story! Enjoy all of your new stuff!!

McStamper 07-24-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimz1959 (Post 10653181)
I just ordered one from Office Depot for my scrapbook paper and will get it tomorrow :-D So excited, guess who's going to be organizing this weekend!!!!

So they have the tall one for the 12 x 12 paper and hanging folders?

McStamper 07-24-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldsk34 (Post 10654161)
Hey Ladies, FYI
I just contacted really useful products via email and they are talking to Hobby Lobby about carrying there products. This is great. But not for me the closest Hobby Lobby is about 3 hours away. I will try my local Office Depot and hope they carry it, maybe, just maybe they can order the 12 x 12 paper box for me.

That's interesting info. The closest Hobby Lobby is about an hour away from me.

littlegto 07-24-2008 11:54 AM

Girl!

This just cost me 80.00! LOL! You lil enabler, you. Thanks! I can hardly wait!

Sharon

McStamper 07-24-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlegto (Post 10656834)
Girl!

This just cost me 80.00! LOL! You lil enabler, you. Thanks! I can hardly wait!

Sharon

Tell me what did you get? :D

SDiegoGal 07-24-2008 01:33 PM

WOW How amazing is that? Good for you! Thanks for turning us all on to this product!

SDiegoGal 07-24-2008 01:37 PM

OMG! I just went to their website. I am an organization freak and I am now in love! Click on the "select country" box and you'll see their warehouse in the background.

McStamper 07-24-2008 01:45 PM

I emailed the owner of Really Useful Boxes in England a thank you and here is his response.

You are too kind to us.

I am actually the owner and as it happens the designer of these boxes. However I did get a bit of help from scrap booking friends in UK. How we came up with the 7 litre box is an amazing story.

The 25 litre box was an easier idea.

Anyway you have to remember that both I am English and live in England. so I am very reserved. So I find your praise unbelievable.

Office Depot world wide are an important customer of ours and it was they that told us what to do. Whatever you received is thanks to them and Adam in particular.

The files are incredible. These were actually hand made in Holland so this product is totally international. Henri in Holland made the files by hand especially for you. As you can see the 25 litre box with files actually is exactly designed for your need and does not waste any space.

thank you for been so positive.

Kind regards

Mike Pickles

The Adam he spoke of was the gentleman who responded to me from Office Depot.

austamper 07-24-2008 01:51 PM

WOW how cool!!!!!

bethvb 07-24-2008 05:46 PM

Thanks for the tip on these containers. I stopped at the local Office Depot on my way home from work today and purchased 3 of the 3 liter size. Not only are they great for storing cards but they are great for storing CD cases that hold unmounted stamps.

lcmdws 07-24-2008 05:49 PM

I will not go to Office Depot, I will not go to Office Depot, I will not go to...I will not go...I will not...I WILL eventually...

littlegto 07-24-2008 05:57 PM

I picked up two containers that can hold file folders and paper. Plue a pencil sharpener.

kisa31707 07-24-2008 06:17 PM

Boxes

I went to my local office depot today and found the boxes to store my cards. They were a $1.00 less than the internet price. I cannot wait to fill them.

Kisa

jenjoy71 07-24-2008 06:25 PM

UH OH...Guess i need to go look at office depot :):mrgreen:

kisa31707 07-24-2008 06:33 PM

Yes you do. I am sorry to be an enabler. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenjoy71 (Post 10663551)
UH OH...Guess i need to go look at office depot :):mrgreen: