Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #41  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply Scored Diagonal for making any sized envelope. Scor-Pal for everything else! The one thing I do not like about the MS or the Simply Scored is that, while having a score line ever 1/8" is great, when you are scoring a piece corner to corner diagonally, it is hit and miss if you get it into the same grove on the bottom as you have it on the top. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

ShariW,
WHY do you like Scor-Pal for everything else? Is there something about it that rates above the others, for regular scoring? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
ShariW,
WHY do you like Scor-Pal for everything else? Is there something about it that rates above the others, for regular scoring? Thanks!
I really like the grooves better in the Scor-Pal. Also like the score tool better than the one for MS or SS'd. I also like the little signs on the top which helps when scoring certain things.

However, I did forget one thing that I really like about the Simply Scored - the little markers at the top of the board. But the storage door keeps opening up and I've lost some of my markers. :( These are fabulous for making envelopes using the diagonal board. Hope this answers your question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

YES! You did answer my question! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! It's nice to know those little things you've mentioned! I haven't heard anyone tell about the SS....like you did! THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShariWView Post
Simply Scored Diagonal for making any sized envelope. Scor-Pal for everything else! The one thing I do not like about the MS or the Simply Scored is that, while having a score line ever 1/8" is great, when you are scoring a piece corner to corner diagonally, it is hit and miss if you get it into the same grove on the bottom as you have it on the top. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Not having a Simply Scored, I can't be sure this will work for you, but how about making a coordinating colored mark at each end of the groove you are working with. It could be permanent or not, depending on your needs. Would this work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Shari!!!
I used a fine tip black Sharpie marker and drew into the groove of the 6in line from top to bottom. I just chose the 6in mark b/c it was center but you can do this on what ever line you want, So when I need to score on a diagonal or other score lines I just line the top up on the 6 in mark and the bottom of the paper on the black line I drew. That way I know that I have stayed in the same track. I have not had a problem with the ink transferring to my paper. HTH! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

In September our new tool Scor-Envi will be available. It is for making envelopes and diagonal scoring with the Scor-Pal.
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
Hi Shari!!!
I used a fine tip black Sharpie marker and drew into the groove of the 6in line from top to bottom. I just chose the 6in mark b/c it was center but you can do this on what ever line you want, So when I need to score on a diagonal or other score lines I just line the top up on the 6 in mark and the bottom of the paper on the black line I drew. That way I know that I have stayed in the same track. I have not had a problem with the ink transferring to my paper. HTH! ;)
GREAT IDEA! Never thought to do that. I just hope the black sharpie shows up on the dark gray of the Simply Scored. I will have to do this. Woohoo for the new score board for making envelopes for the Scor-Pal! Happy Stampin' joy!

Last edited by ShariW; 07-27-2012 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: Forgot something! :)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

Diana,
I have a question for you! I've heard that the Score-Pal has been changed to have 1/8" scores across the board. And I've heard you offer both boards, with or without those 1/8" scores. Am I right? If I am, I only see the first board---(without the 1/8" scores across) How do I make sure to get the board with the 1/8" scores across? THANKS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #50  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

GREAT IDEA! Never thought to do that. I just hope the black sharpie shows up on the dark gray of the Simply Scored. I will have to do this. Woohoo for the new score board for making envelopes for the Scor-Pal! Happy Stampin' joy!
Yes it does show up. I've seen several people who have done exactly that. I'm thinking that I will in the near future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #51  
Hardware Hotshot

OK! I've heard the new SU score board is BLACK, now DRK. GRAY & it LOOKS, BROWN in the catalogue! WHAT COLOR IS IT? :/ THANKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Maybe you can you a metallic colored Sharpie...I believe I have a silver one. I think that would really show up. I would make sure that the silver ink will not transfer to your paper though. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

Default marking lines in score pads

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
Hi Shari!!!
I use a Liquid paper pen to write white on black things like my wide variety of chargers that I'm always wondering what they go to when they are stored in 1 drawer. Wonder if this would work in the grooves? I may try that - you ladies are great in continuing to respond to my quest of a score pad. I didn't know about SU pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Scor Pal. I love that it is easy to use and the Creator Diana Crick is a real sweetie.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 AM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Love my Scor-Pal. It's sturdy, accurate and easy to read, use and store. My stamp area is small so I thought the size might be an issue. But the Scor-Pal is very sturdy yet fairly thin and lightweight so it is easy to store on its side. I've have not used any other brands so I can't compare. But I love mine and am glad I bought it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #56  
Embossing Fanatic

Scor Pal and Scor Buddy, are what I use. The color is easier on my eyes, I like the size of the grooves. We had a donation of a Martha scoring board to the class I teach, sadly it's original owner passed away of cancer. We use all of the boards but I still prefer the color of Scor Pal. I have the mat in it, and use the measurments for quickie reference when I am cutting something special for a card. SU angled board fits in the Martha one perfectly, we have that too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

I have the mat for my Scor-Buddy, but I NEVER pull it out! I feel I'm missing something! I feel I don't know what it's for REALLY! I CAN'T WAIT to see the NEW diagonal board for the Scor-Pal in Sept.!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #58  
Cardstock Collector

I used the ScorPal for years and then bought the SU board when I became a demonstrator. I definitely prefer the SU board because of the 1/8 score lines. I found myself having to move my paper over too much on the ScorPal because I needed a measurement it didn't have. I love that it has the diagonal board as well. It fits on top well and does not move or shift. It is darker in color as others mention but that hasn't bothered me so far.

Jen - Help me I'm new to SCS
www.lovelystampin.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #59  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
I have the mat for my Scor-Buddy, but I NEVER pull it out! I feel I'm missing something! I feel I don't know what it's for REALLY! I CAN'T WAIT to see the NEW diagonal board for the Scor-Pal in Sept.!
I put the mats on either and use as a sturdy work surface when I'm watching TV or riding in the car on long trips.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #60  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Arlene!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #61  
Embossing Fanatic

Default You all are just the best!

Splitcoaststampers crafters are just the best. I ask and you all just keep on giving - your comments, that is. Lovely, because I haven't bought my scorer yet - got sidetracked trying to keep water going to 372 trees and shrubs we planted last winter - and I live in Central Kansas - we have only had 6" rain this year, last year we were 2/3s down from normal. So I'm a busy lady, but not scrappin. Perhaps I'll have time to shop this fall.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Oh my gosh that just breaks my heart. Sending you rain wishes for you & your trees. I grew up in Kansas. I am in Missouri drought right now. I hope your trees make it. There are some fronts moving in for rain. We are having a small shift in weather patterns. I do think Central Kansas might see a tiny bit of relief for the weekend. I am watching a front swoop down and do a curve for my area and she is in Kansas. I used to chase storms. My Daddy taught me in Kansas. I am a radar addict and tracker now. Hoping this weather change does not die out for you all in that area and give you some rain and break in the heat.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #63  
Embossing Fanatic

Default rain

thank you for your rain wishes - we had a lot of wind and a few drops last night. Keep wishing. I live right in the central part and rain seems to swirl all around us and go to Salina, Hutch, Wichita, even Garden City got 1/4" last night. But God knows what He's doing. And we will keep watering.
Again, thanks for the rain wishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2012, 03:38 AM   #64  
Polyshrink Goddess

To answer Tlady...Scor-Pal has 1/8" grooves for the first inch and the last inch not all the way across the board. It is too busy and too easy to make a mistake in measuring if we were to put the 1/8" across the board. The grooves between 1" to 11" are at every 1/4" and specialty grooves. The asterisk is for you normal A2 card, 4 1/4".....Dots are for a perfect gate fold (2 1/8" and 6 3/8")...the inverted triangles are for a brochure fold or tri-fold card. We have done a video showing how easy it is to score eighth inch measurements such as 5 3/8". I will post the link when I have it.
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #65  
Hardware Hotshot

THANK YOU Diane! This WILL HELP in making my decision!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 247 Likes on 133 Posts

TLady, I went through what you did and it was before they remade the Score Pal. I saw the Score Buddy and fell in love. I don't want/need a big scorer. I have limited room that is used for other things, so I must be able the store things. My score Buddy is small enough to fit in the drawer where I want it as well as tote with me when I go somewhere. On the rare occasions when I need something longer, I simply flip my paper around. It is so easy to do. Maybe you would want to start small without the huge investment and see if you like it. You won't be sorry. If you decide you need something larger, you can, and use the Buddy for when you are on the move---Win/Win!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

jeanne3579!
THANK YOU for trying to help me with this decision! I DO have a score-buddy & thought it TIME to invest in the larger 12 x 12 board. Just trying to decide WHICH BRAND would best suite me! & meet my needs! THANKS!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes