Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2018, 04:09 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tim Holtz Halloween/Christmas 2018

Good morning!

Tim will be doing a Facebook Live today at 9a (PT) to debut his new holidays collection but if you simply CAN'T wait, check out Simon Says Stamp, they're already up in the new products section.

Just looking at the pictures, there's a few things I might want. I know after viewing the video, there will be a few things I will need. :shock: lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 05:56 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
Good morning!

Tim will be doing a Facebook Live today at 9a (PT) to debut his new holidays collection but if you simply CAN'T wait, check out Simon Says Stamp, they're already up in the new products section.

Just looking at the pictures, there's a few things I might want. I know after viewing the video, there will be a few things I will need. :shock: lol

Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Good morning!

but if you simply CAN'T wait, check out Simon Says Stamp, they're already up in the new products section.
Simon took them down from the site. Should be back up after the reveal video.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 09:00 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I didn't want the cookie dies until he showed the samples. Now I NEED them. sigh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I love the tiny snow globes but being realistic I'd lose my mind working on something that small. But most of the Halloween will be coming to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkaymacView Post
I love the tiny snow globes but being realistic I'd lose my mind working on something that small. But most of the Halloween will be coming to me.
I didn't have an interest in the snowglobes from the picture of the packaging but now, oy. They are right up my alley. For some reason I can't make anything simple. What ever craft project I work on turns out to be a time-consuming production. So, I must have them!

Just put my order in with Marcos and built up a wish list. It kills me knowing this was just the Sizzix preview.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts

I was just coming to say Marco's has 20% off & free shipping: Tim Holtz Products - July 2018 Releases - Marco's Paper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

We'll be waiting a little longer over here to get them, but I'm definitely down for those Starry Swirls, and the new Mixed Media set. Loving those skulls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I love Funky Foliage. I do like Entomology. I am not buying that one. I am so glad Tim does realistic images.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 05:47 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

I loved a lot of it but was brutally honest with myself as to what I would actually USE!!! I'm getting much better at discerning. I'll probably settle for Tangled Twigs and the vintage ornaments, although that Sinister skull has some real possibilities, and the cursive alphabet, and the swirling stars, and...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 05:59 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Will. Not. Look. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2018, 10:51 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I loved a lot of it but was brutally honest with myself as to what I would actually USE!!! I'm getting much better at discerning. I'll probably settle for Tangled Twigs and the vintage ornaments, although that Sinister skull has some real possibilities, and the cursive alphabet, and the swirling stars, and...

You made me laugh. We all say that. We are going to be so discerning. Then we have a ten page list. Least we culled it. ;) You are like me at the book store. I am only going to get one book and then three bags later..... That is probably why there are so many bibliophile crafters.

Note- Tim release another book.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2018, 06:57 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
You made me laugh. We all say that. We are going to be so discerning. Then we have a ten page list. Least we culled it. ;) You are like me at the book store. I am only going to get one book and then three bags later..... That is probably why there are so many bibliophile crafters.

Note- Tim release another book.
Oh, thanks just really a lot, DeeAnn - I don't need to know about another Tim book. I'm stupid-crazy about books, too. My oldest daughter gave me an Amazon gift card for my birthday and I found two out-of-print books (used, of course) that I have been looking for since 1978 for one, and 1991 for the other - SCORE!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2018, 07:05 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

The only good thing about my eyes getting worse is that I’m not tempted [much] to buy DTBs (dead tree books). I read using a Kindle app on my iPad, where fonts can be enlarged, background changed, etc.

There are exceptions, like vintage bird or color books. Danger! (We donated 1,000+ and still have a lot, but every book had to earn its place, and now they feel even more special. Time to do another round though.

Theory: no matter how much I get rid of, if I go back in two weeks/a month, 10% more could be sent to new homes. And 10% more in another month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2018, 02:37 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Question: I'm teetering on the edge of hitting the "buy" button at Marco's Paper, but I've never pre-ordered anything before in my life. How does it work, exactly? I pay for it now and it ships when it comes in? They charge my card as they ship? I'm fine with however it works, but would really like to know what I'm signing on for... Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Question: I'm teetering on the edge of hitting the "buy" button at Marco's Paper, but I've never pre-ordered anything before in my life. How does it work, exactly? I pay for it now and it ships when it comes in? They charge my card as they ship? I'm fine with however it works, but would really like to know what I'm signing on for... Thanks in advance!
Hi Sue!

Marco's will take payment at time of purchase, even if it takes a few months before your item ships. Its been my experience that Marco's gets their products slightly after the bigger shops, like Simon. Wanted to make you aware so you don't wonder where your items are. A pre-order tip: Marco's will hold your entire order until all items are available so if your order contains something that is available in September and something else that is available in October, the whole order will not ship until October. You can get around this if you don't want to wait by placing orders grouped by the month they are available. I hope that made sense! I will do that if I really want something otherwise, like with this Sizzix release, I put it all in one order. Marco's ships pre-orders for free and they use Priority Mail. Any personal dealings I've had with them have been wonderful so if I can save them the money for multiple shipments that I don't need right away, I will.

Hope this helps.
Debra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Debra - that helps a lot! I'm not in a big rush for any of it, so I can probably sit tight until everything can ship together. Now to narrow it down...decisions, decisions...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Hi Sue!

Marco's will take payment at time of purchase, even if it takes a few months before your item ships. Its been my experience that Marco's gets their products slightly after the bigger shops, like Simon. Wanted to make you aware so you don't wonder where your items are. A pre-order tip: Marco's will hold your entire order until all items are available so if your order contains something that is available in September and something else that is available in October, the whole order will not ship until October. You can get around this if you don't want to wait by placing orders grouped by the month they are available. I hope that made sense! I will do that if I really want something otherwise, like with this Sizzix release, I put it all in one order. Marco's ships pre-orders for free and they use Priority Mail. Any personal dealings I've had with them have been wonderful so if I can save them the money for multiple shipments that I don't need right away, I will.

Hope this helps.
Debra

Thanks so much for the tip about grouping releases by the month they are available!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I ended up with Funky Foliage, Funky Festive, Whimsy Decor and Swirling Stars - definitely not what I started out thinking I'd get, but I did some analyzing as to what I would use things for, and this is where I ended up... I'm pretty stoked! Truth be told, I'll probably forget all about it between now and then and be surprised and happy when I get a shipping notice, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I'm waiting for:
  • Frightening Faces
  • Ghoulish Dies
  • Entomology
  • Sinister
  • Cool Yule
  • Fresh Baked #1
  • Merry Moose
  • Fresh Baked #2
  • Tiny Snowglobes
  • Wise Men (I think this will be my Christmas card this year)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts

Quickie video: &feature=em-uploademail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Vic, thanks for the video. It reminded me to go back to see if Marco's had the globes now and I ordered them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
Quickie video:

At 1:45 there's a card with a stacked snowflake (or snowflake with something else) on top of four metallic looking embossed squares of water droplets and snowflakes.

Does anyone know what the squares are from? I didn't see anything that looked likely on Marco's site - or the release video. Thanks!

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 08-05-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
At 1:45 there's a card with a stacked snowflake (or snowflake with something else) on top of four metallic looking embossed squares of water droplets and snowflakes.

Does anyone know what the squares are from? I didn't see anything that looked likely on Marco's site - or the release video. Thanks!

Beth
Beth,

I'm wondering if its pieces cut from the Snowfall and Speckles Embossing Folder and the Simple Snowflakes Folder. The burlap design could be the paper itself or they embossed with the burlap folder before the snow/snowflakes. I'm pretty confident about the snowfall and snowflakes but just guessing here about the burlap.

Debra

Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Snowfall and Speckles Texture Fades Embossing Folder

Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Simple Snowflakes Texture Fades Embossing Folder

Sizzix Tim Holtz Burlap and Swirls Set Embossing Folders
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Debra, I bet you’re right, thank you! And I love the Snowfall and Speckles embossing folder, which doesn’t have to be seasonal - and is on sale. Also thank you for enabling me? ;) I also wondered whether the burlap look was the paper or from a folder. I have a great cheesecloth folder that would work well if I wanted to combine.

And this Sizzix 3D folder could work well: https://www.scrapbook.com/store/sz-6...?t12-13=sizzix

I love cards with squares, strips, even circles on the fronts. And the metallics sing to me.

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 08-07-2018 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Stampers Anonymous Halloween is out. (Marco's is taking pre-orders for this month shipping so if you want anything order now before they come in stock)

So. Hmmm. Nothing really grabs me as a NEED. I like the corner webs but I have webs already so I will probably pass on those. I like the wood plank background but already have a plank stamp. I'm not a stencil person but I liked the looks he got with them, very vintage-victorian halloween so I'll probably order those. I immediately got an idea for the headstones - I'm thinking I could make a haunted house from one of the village dies and stick it on the headstone, making it a wall hanging. Decisions, decisions.

https://www.facebook.com/timholtzdes...0608783390459/

(Ideology Halloween is on Monday. SA/Ideology Christmas is early September)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the new web stamps and zombies. Will I get them, probably not, but the zombie set is just too cute.

The new stencils were interesting, I really liked one of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

Ideology was released today. I resisted the stamps/stencils but now..................there's a couple of musts. And since I'm putting an order in, wouldn't hurt to look at the stamps/stencils again, right? sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can’t have too many zombies I say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
Can�t have too many zombies I say.

I'm ridiculously excited. The zombie stamp came today!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #31  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Ridiculously envious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Awesome! I loved the lone hand reaching out. Reminded me of Chiller Theater when I was a kid! (Did you see the matching hand from Ideology? Not that I'm enabling you or anything)
Reply With Quote Likes