In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector
 
autumn_maney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technique book

okay ladies...we all share these wonderful projects and i am wanting to put together a book of different techniques for when i am in my crafting slumps...please post your favorite technique with directions on how you do it....


one of my favorites is liquid glass...take your stamped image and put liquid glass over the top to add a glossy look...add a few drops to flowers to give them a dewy look or to a fish to make it look wet...i love it!
autumn_maney is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 05:55 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer
 
momis mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: prolly in my 'rubber room'... in the mid-west
Posts: 11,535
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

you might want to look in the 'try a new technique' challenge forum...

lots and lots of stuff there!


good luck! i hope you find what you are looking for!
__________________
my creations
momis mama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 05:24 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac
 
LetteringMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 579
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by autumn_maneyView Post
okay ladies...we all share these wonderful projects and i am wanting to put together a book of different techniques for when i am in my crafting slumps...please post your favorite technique with directions on how you do it....


one of my favorites is liquid glass...take your stamped image and put liquid glass over the top to add a glossy look...add a few drops to flowers to give them a dewy look or to a fish to make it look wet...i love it!
i

What exactly is liquid glass?
LetteringMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector
 
autumn_maney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

liquid glass is a type of glue actually...but you can also use it as an embelly as well...I get mine from the CTMH catty as I live in Japan, but it may be at any craft store...you can use it to glue anything from broken toys to adding a special touch on a crafting project
autumn_maney is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Angelnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 12,989
Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

My favourite changes with my mood but what popped into my head was negative masking! Cut a hole using a die or a punch or even freehand (fold your paper and cut a half shape if you want something symmetrical) and then sponge inks in there going from lightest over the whole area to darker at the edges - here's an example from my gallery (hole cut with a Nestability die, image stamped with the mask still in place).

LetteringMama - Glossy Accents or Crystal Effects are basically the same thing as Liquid Glass - just different brand names.
__________________
Joanne x

My blog
Angelnorth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac
 
LetteringMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 579
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
My favourite changes with my mood but what popped into my head was negative masking! Cut a hole using a die or a punch or even freehand (fold your paper and cut a half shape if you want something symmetrical) and then sponge inks in there going from lightest over the whole area to darker at the edges - here's an example from my gallery (hole cut with a Nestability die, image stamped with the mask still in place).

LetteringMama - Glossy Accents or Crystal Effects are basically the same thing as Liquid Glass - just different brand names.
Thanks Joanne.

Gorgeous card! The negative masking is one of my favorite techniques also!
LetteringMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen
 
Charlou52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I love the negative card idea. How did you get your black out line so perfect all the way around the card?
Charlene
Charlou52 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
Angelnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 12,989
Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlou52View Post
I love the negative card idea. How did you get your black out line so perfect all the way around the card?
Charlene
I usually use a Post-It when I want to do that but for a larger area like a whole card front, I run some Zig repositionable glue on a sheet of paper and wait for it to dry, then stick it on the project just an 1/8th or so in from the edge and then run an ink pad along there. Peel off, stick along the next side the same distance from the edge and so on.

HTH!
__________________
Joanne x

My blog
Angelnorth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off